[WIP]Road Warrior Mod For San Andreas

1,039 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 February 2008 - 03:13 AM

i will look into where the links went if nothing else i have the mods that are finsihed so far on my computer here. i see there is progress including the plane from thunderdome being worked on right now. i realize that maybe retirng it completey isn't fully the answer. also i found bits and pieces we could use to finish some of the models up with. but i give no gaunrantees as to when or if i'll ever be able to be inviolved so i don't want to get hopes up period i don't know if anything more from me will be done before the end of the year. but i still burn for this mod. and i need to keep up my practice with 3d max too. so might as well chip away at it only reporting to you all when i have something done and ready for what is left of the team.

so stay tuned i'll see about mod hosting and get fresh links up.

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (T-808 @ Feb 25 2008, 04:13)
i will look into where the links went if nothing else i have the mods that are finsihed so far on my computer here. i see there is progress including the plane from thunderdome being worked on right now. i realize that maybe retirng it completey isn't fully the answer. also i found bits and pieces we could use to finish some of the models up with. but i give no gaunrantees as to when or if i'll ever be able to be inviolved so i don't want to get hopes up period i don't know if anything more from me will be done before the end of the year. but i still burn for this mod. and i need to keep up my practice with 3d max too. so might as well chip away at it only reporting to you all when i have something done and ready for what is left of the team.

so stay tuned i'll see about mod hosting and get fresh links up.

Glad to read that. As for hosting and a site for the mod, I'm sure we can work something out. wink.gif

pontiac1969
  • pontiac1969

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

I'm waiting for this mod so long.If there wont be mod just post the cars.It's alwost one year since the last post and so manny people are waiting for the vehicles,so I think its better for all if there will be release of a bemo version of the mod or somebody to post the cars facedesk.gif

MisterEuro
  • MisterEuro

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (pontiac1969 @ Sep 22 2008, 16:03)
I'm waiting for this mod so long.If there wont be mod just post the cars.It's alwost one year since the last post and so manny people are waiting for the vehicles,so I think its better for all if there will be release of a bemo version of the mod or somebody to post the cars facedesk.gif

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

MEGA FACEPALM

bumping a thread doesn't mean it will get released sooner , this mod is LONG dead

Superpowermind
  • Superpowermind

Kill the King

• Members

Posted 24 September 2008 - 12:40 PM

are there any downloads tounge.gif

volf13
  • volf13

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

does somebody lives here? Can somebody send me links containing that red ford that gains buckshot in front window from max??? Or any other vechs? I used to find Monaro (pursuit special, bopper, interceptor, mad max last v8 normal and dirty with two fuel containers. thanks people tounge2.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

STEVE124
  • STEVE124

I got the GTA 3 beta version!! YEAH RIGHT!!

• Members

Posted 11 April 2009 - 12:33 AM

Anyone need a Mack truck?

Fury V
  • Fury V

SA bum

• Members

Posted 16 May 2009 - 04:09 PM

There is one vehicle released namely the Black Falcon from The Road Warrior

you can find it at the website of the mod:
homepage RW mod

As far as I know there is only member of the team left but he still has the models of the other cars. I really hope that this mod can be finished!

sydd131
  • sydd131

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:24 AM

Just wondering if anyone would be able to send any of these mods? smile.gif preferably vehicle mods? Cheers smile.gif

Email @ [email protected]

Narcis_speed6
  • Narcis_speed6

The Saint

• The Connection

Posted 02 March 2010 - 11:40 AM

check the last post date before you post

sydd131
  • sydd131

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 March 2010 - 12:13 PM

that link didnt work. i should be more specific, im after a torana? i backtracked a bit, found pics of one being made, and when they said it was close to being released, but that was it, does anyone have a finished torana? any type? cheers smile.gif

Makenzy355
  • Makenzy355

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

is this mod dead or what? mad.gif sarcasm.gif confused.gif

Dumbass-Productions
  • Dumbass-Productions

Homie

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Makenzy355 @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 14:37)

Are you retarded or what? mad.gif sarcasm.gif confused.gif

[sarcasm]Last post was on 2, Marc 2010... Of course it's alive. The creator is just taking a break from all the hard work.[/sarcsm]

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

I am back to work on the mod. some progress shots can be seen here Mad Max Mod Facebook

but if I cannot get tech people and skinners then there is nothing more then meshes being done for the mod. currently working on the thunderdome truck train and will be going back into other mods that need touch ups. have someone else working on the red manoro t-top from mad max 2

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (sydd131 @ Tuesday, Mar 2 2010, 12:13)
that link didnt work. i should be more specific, im after a torana? i backtracked a bit, found pics of one being made, and when they said it was close to being released, but that was it, does anyone have a finished torana? any type? cheers smile.gif

I have the torana but she's far from finished. I could finish her up if I can get some skinners to help me finish the mods up. I am willing to focus on finishing it up but again at present there would be no point as it would just exist as a mesh waiting to be finished for ingame. a stock torana is also planned but would take help.

so bottom line is I am here and around I was T-808 but I lost the e-mail account so I couldn't come back as me.

Models and mods are in the works and this time I vow to finish what I started. so if people really want these mods as much as you say then I need help. I can model but I cannot skin worth a damn. I am getting better at tech work though so there is that. I'd also like to bring these mods (some with an upgraded poly count) up to gta iv and or gta V (if it gets a pc release)

Makenzy355
  • Makenzy355

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Dumbass-Productions @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 14:41)
is this mod dead or what? mad.gif  sarcasm.gif  confused.gif

Are you retarded or what? mad.gif sarcasm.gif confused.gif

[sarcasm]Last post was on 2, Marc 2010... Of course it's alive. The creator is just taking a break from all the hard work.[/sarcsm]

Im not your mom is! biggrin.gif

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Are we more intetrested in slinging insults or are we more interested in getting this mod done and or continuing the mod? I have offered to finish what I have started by nothing more will come of this mod but pretty meshes if no one is willing to help out with the skinning and the tech support of getting these machines ingame. and with the pending release of gta V which I have the ps3 edition I Think this mod is needed now more then ever.

so please PM me if you people are interested in seriously helping this mod get finished cause if not then I don't know what else to do cause this mod cannot finish itself.

5dmc1
  • 5dmc1

[GTA Mod Maker] Mellow Heart

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

I would be more than happy to take on/finish this mod, me and my friends were thinking of making our own mad max mod until we noticed yours, I have a scripter on standby who is more than happy to help and I am experienced in sounds and map making, me and my team are responsible for the GTA SA Viper mod, Spy Hunter mod (WIP), and helping with a few knight rider mods as well, we are more than happy to help you with this mod of one of our favorite movies.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 December 2013 - 06:01 AM

There is much to say and show you all. so I'll do my best to show you where things are right now.

but first a word. some have said they don't like my teams old works. that they were "cute" but "Low poly trash." that's perfectly fine to say but I don't think people understood when this mod was made and what problems we faced.

I recently went back and started trying to convert old meshes to that of GTA III, as we do get requests for such things. and even though I am running it on a high end,but old xp windows pc I've noticed the frame rate dropped dramatically with the meshes ingame.

older engines really couldn't stand for us pushing poly. and so some sacrafices were made for the sake of the engines of the time. now that sa and gta IV can handle higher poly models,this gives my future work a little more poly wiggle room.

some models are getting an update as I will show you in a moment. but some won't. if you don't like our models then please,don't download them. I am doing the best with what I have and if that's not good enough, well I'm not sorry. my team and I worked our asses off in 2009. and I am here in 2013 to finish the job so that our legacy can live on and maybe inspire others to take our work and improve upon it.

so without further adue I'll show you as much progress as I have done right this moment. 

finished meshes:

finishedmeshes6afterc_zpse3373a43.jpg

and the current WIP files:

wipbrigade7a_zps30347265.jpg

wipbrigade7b_zps21e14e03.jpg

wipbrigade7_zps851dfedc.jpg

as you can see we (or I should say I for the time being) are casting a wide net. there are mostly Road warrior meshes but you can see some thunderdome progress and some Fury road progress (due out 2015!)

with the help of the Mad Max Game (due out sometime in 2014) we might have help making a good mad max player model. and the interceptor in that game is a cross between road warrior and Fury road so it'll be worth recreating. infact I am also working on scratch building an interceptor myself. I have plans for several versionsfrom fury road,to the fury road announcement news cast,to a more accurate road warrior interceptor (ours isn't as accurate as I'd like it to be) and a few others I won't mention for the time being.

Now I mentioned Face lifts and higher poly counts. here is first redo of a mod.

armoredmackcomparison_zps3e2a6753.jpg

armoredmackcomparison2_zpse942147a.jpg

armoredmackredodfixed_zps56f9f734.jpg

armoredmackredoc_zpsaf9f5d82.jpg

the truck on the right is the original armored mack (finished but never skinned and thus never released) the one of the left is the newer version of the armored mack. the rammer has been competely redesigned thanks to the Blu-ray of "Road Warrior" it's not the most accurate rammer out there. also the metal plating has been updated and is now accurate to the movie.

so. where do we go from here?

well. as you probably read we have an offer to help me get these brutes ingame. sadly it looks like the person offering may not have been active for a long while now so they may not be able to help. but if anyone else is interested or if the original poster will indeed help. then more releases can be done in greater numbers. 

I am modeling every chance I get. I have to work in small shifts but I am getting a lot of work done. and Road warrior or mad max in general isn't all I am making for this community. I have for isntance a 1972 gran torino in the making right now. I also have a more accurate model of the crazy taxi cars and am making those too. I have so many meshes finished or in the process that I hope to bring out to you fine people so long as their are people willing to help me get these vehicles in game.

What's on the books till new years?

the Wip brigade is being worked on. Bigfoot is working on one mesh for us. outside of the vehciles you see there I am working on a ripsaw for the valiant charger ripsaw that will be in the movie Fury Road.  if I see people interested I'll post more regualrly on here to show my progress.

if not then well I don't know what else to do. btw looking for past releases?

VC RELEASES

https://www.mediafir...ail Releases VC

SA RELEASES

https://www.mediafir...ial Releases SA

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2014 - 03:28 AM

work continues.

we still need help as I cannot seem to get ahold of 5dmc1. but help or not I'll post works and eventually hopefully something will come of all this cause I'm not stopping the mod ever again.

current work:

Tanker trailer rebuild. our original basically used the san andreas tanker trailer. this is a total rebuild from the ground up.

tankertrailerstage1c_zpsef4fbbaf.jpg

tankertrailerstage1b_zpsfcdd4535.jpg

tankertrailerstage2d_zps4d677c15.jpg

Valiant "Force 10" charger:

work on the aussie hemi 256 is started as we need a proper engine for this beast.

valiantChanrgerHEMI256stage1_zps522f81ec

there is a lot more going on that hasn't been rendered out. I am working on a ripsaw for the "Fury Road" ripsaw with valint charger chassi. and some dune buggies that I have good refs for.

will continue to post and continue to ask for tech people and skinners. so much good models can come of this but I can't do this on my own as far as ingame.

will work hard on the compound as well. I have a massive hd update for the compound coming as well.

and some of you really want the torana so I'll be trying to get them both down along with a stock version. so if all you care about is a torana we'll be getting work done soon on that too. there is so much to do and I have to give my time to each model if any meaningful progess is to be made.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 02:46 AM

the rebuild of the tanker trailer continues. thanks to the blu-ray I have found out more details about the construction of the tanker itself when armored and even when unarmored. you guys demand detail so I hope you are ready for the first mad max tanker trailer that's hd cause I am actually going to model barbed wire and the mesh grate that tends to go over the top of the tanker. plus I know many details that others do not. and will be implamenting them I also have a couple of small details on the mack itself to work out as well so look for that rig to get some more updates soon.

other models will be udpated such as the no front statesmen. will get actual mesh and I'll be boring out the detailed parts of the engine and such. 

we still need tech people and sinners so pm me if you want to work on these models otherwise this mod will be a bunch of models and no way to play them save for me doing the tech work and making unskinned models appear ingame. if that's what you want then fine but this mod cannot finish properly without participation of the fans.

shots of the tanker as she sits now:

tankertrailerstage3_zps890a67b1.jpg

tankertrailerstage3D_zpsf1e1e497.jpg

tankertrailerstage3E_zps9aca5b80.jpg

you can't see it from the renders but on the bottom of the tankers cradle there are two raised bands on the under side. I have made those a physical thing and thus improved the accuracy of the trailer. also that old spout will get a remodel as well.  

tankertrailerstage3B_zpsaf1e4765.jpg

tankertrailerstage3C_zps2051c25f.jpg

more updates as I have them. I also working on finishing up my old Terminator 3 champion crane with a little update on parts so that it's a little more hd of a model I hope to get help with that in the future as I have terminator mod works that will be unlike anything this community has ever seen or will ever see. to be ready cause in the coming year there will be seperate treads showing off my wares. and in the request forums I'll be posting for help on all mods I make cause I plan to flood,litteraly flood this community with new quality models to drive,shoot or even be as character models will also be worked on this year.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 January 2014 - 11:53 AM

the build on the tanker trailer is many steps closer to being done.  and is my main focus for now. then after I am looking to focus more on the ford falcon (in stock form and in mad max movie car form) and the toranna that many of you really want to see get finished or otherwise.   funny thing is there are two toranna's that were in the movie. one is in the final chase (which oddly is it's only appearence in the movie, and the black one that is shown in most of the movie.  they are different cars and the black one bites the dust when the tanker exists the compound. its one of the few cars hit as the tanker takes off.

speaking of the tanker I'm going to show you the work done so far. and while the list of things left to do is a solid 9 I think I can manage to get her done within the next few days. here's the work done last night.

tankertrailerstage5d_zpsb60486a9.jpg

tankertrailerstage5b_zpscc7d4b02.jpg

tankertrailerstage5c_zps28ba6484.jpg

tankertrailerstage5_zpsc5fa9608.jpg

tankertrailerstage5e_zps3c01f797.jpg

Work done: attatched the ladder including the way in which the ladder branches off to each side at the top.

created the top of the tank caps

attatched the wheel assembly to the tanker cradel

realigned the wheel assemblies to fit onto the frame

crafted the feet for the trailer to stand up when not in use ingame.

she's coming along nicely and will look nice once the armor is finished and fitted onto the trailer.

I am looking at modeling real barbed wire but I am not sure if that's putting too much detail into the mesh. cause she'll have plnty of detail just in finishing her up to look decent by movie standards.

along with the ford falcon and the toranna I'll also be trying to finish up the valiant charger engine so that I can focus more on the hood and body and interrior. I have a lot of work to do on these models but they are coming along nicely.

as for the terminator asset I have done more work on it. mostly what needs to be done with that before asking for help is pretty much little details of the crane itself and the cranes back control booth. almost everything else is done. I have a few meshes of different types that are finished right now. so I'll soon be looking for help with those models as I plan very much to do what I said in my last post. I have work a plenty being crafted and I think people will like most of what I have being cooked up.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

Hello my gta people

back with more updates.  tanker nears completion. and so here you can see the amount of detail that was present in the real onscreen trailer.

I added in the handels  as seen in the film 

I added in the side running lights of the tanker trailer 

and now I've added in the support for the armor plates as well as the support struckers for the armored wheel inclosure.

tankertrailerstage6C_zpsff2b4d38.jpg

tankertrailerstage6B_zps8ae4b6eb.jpg

tankertrailerstage6d_zpsd27f3472.jpg

tankertrailerstage6e_zps58156838.jpg

the spacing near the back needs work when it comes to the handles. but yes there is a large gap between the lead handle and the 6 others behind it.  the back handels were for weapons storage so I added them in. now the pipes you see near the wheels where were the armor was attached to the trailers wheel structure. and two different armor types were employed for the side armor leading me to believe that wanted the movie armor to look hapazardly done as they only had 12 hours to do what they needed 24 hours to do, in the  movie that is.

basic todo list is thus,

1. fix the handel spacing on the sides.

2. create the side,front and back armor

3. remake the bottom oil spout as it is not queit accurate

4. create the barbed wire

5. create the car back end used as a secondary armored defense point

6. create the top armored defense positions

7. create the mesh that ran over the top of the tank caps.

8. create the barbed wire holders.

so I knocked it down to 7 things to do while oddly adding one in for fixing.

the armored top positions have way more going on then what first meets the eye. so I'll be making all that.

I've also scrapped one buggy for now and am working on a different buggy. we'll see how that goes. there isn't much to the buggy right now thus no renders. we may get some help with skinning soon or we may get help with tech from an old friend. also some new people may be finally joing the mod to actually help out. we'll see if that works out.

beyond that I am going to be on vacation from sunday night till the 31st. so don't expect updates or progress to happen. I will however be working hard to get more work done in the next day or so. including more had facelifts on older models.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 03:04 AM

this is probably my last update  till after the vacation. two things were worked on. one is that hd update to older models and the other is trying to finish off the trailer.

so first the hd work. opened up the beta for the Poppagelloes/lonewolf car. there are more then mere details to bring out of the mesh but before I add to much I had to work on the back wheels. you see the back outter tire had no hubcap or rim to speak of. you can see a rim but it's in the inner most tire so  I corrected that with the wheels that are with the mesh right now.

the wheels inccidently are those of the great Ganjicia who gave me personal permission to use his meshes as the mod needed. so let no one say I stealing meshes of others in a selfish bid for fame. a lot of the body and engines are also the work of C.J. an artist whom I've lost contact with long ago. the rest of the mesh is all mine and infact I'll be likely remaking and replacing the wheels which is part of why I bring this all up. because I don't want the wheels used to be those of simply someone else when I am perfectly capable of remaking them. the rims seem to be those of sunrayis thus why they are used here. anyways I cut out the rims cleanly and now the wheel sinks in as it should. Blu-ray release of mad max 2 has helped me tromendiously on this.

poppagelosHDstage1_zps675a9ab5.jpg

poppageloshdstage1b_zps91ecca8c.jpg

now that doesn't look like much now but when I finish with the trim and added back side detail she should look a lot more like a proper mesh of it's movie counterpart. and with most things replaced I can speak more clearly of work I've done rather then having to credit others for work I can do myself now.

but the tanker is starting to surprise even me. The choice to tear down and completely rebuild here was probably the best choice I could have done. as the original was missing much much detail and worse yet was mostly made of canibalized parts from the san andreas tanker. something I have never shied away from saying as again I don't steal people works. but that always bothered me and the model as it was just wasn't going to look good ingame. this model however..when finished should be more then suitable for even the likes of gta IV (or V if the ever port it and it looks like they may.) 

cause I can see these meshes going into a game like fallout. where you could walk around them and explore locations from the movie in ways you couldn't before. but that will take people who know how to get that in game and a dedicated team to transition these models. you couldn't dive anything in fallout 3 but I am hearing that 4 might have vehicles. but I'm getting ahead of myself. on with the show.

tankertrailerstage7c_zps240fe7e1.jpg

tankertrailerstage7b_zpsb47634ae.jpg

tankertrailerstage7_zps73b6f98a.jpg

work done. I fixed the spacing on the side handles. but it's still not exactly perfect. I may have to live with it being as is cause it's so hard to get this detail right. I thinned out the front handle as I got a good screenshot of the trailers handel and it's thinner then the rest. I also extended out the running lights to their proper lenghts. and added more detail to the top. you see there were rails near the tank caps and over the tank caps to hold mesh that covered the caps. I have correctly laid these out and now the mesh can be added over the tanks. and that's really it.

I have been working on 3 different dune buggies that should be fun to look at and drive ingame. we also have some new offers to help. we'll see how well that goes. anyways here.s what's left on the trailer.

mesh cover for the walkway of the tanker trailer

armored defense towers of the tanker tops

car back end with trunk up for a sheild for the very back bumper

new bottom oil spout

barbed wire

barbed wire holders

armor for the wheel enclosure.

so not much to be done. I'll work a little tonight before bed then I'm on vacation.

we now have 32 members on our facebook page for the mod and that's really cool. hopefully people will really dig what's being done cause I'm doing a lot more intensive work then I had before. so it should mean better models coming out. 

also have some allies at the mad max museum in silverton. they now posses the gate bus and are looking to restore her (she was pretty beat up after almost 30 years) and they will take pictures of the bus for me in many angles so I can make the gate bus for use in set peices in maps to be made later on. and for general use in game. hopefully me and the MM museum can work hard together and to help bring you all great models in the future. this is year when most will be done for the mod. no more stops. no more quitting this mod will be finished and added onto and what comes after that is up to you all. but I am more then determined to get this all together and have the ability to do so for now. but even if I have to slow down due to school or what have you. we will get work done.

also looking at doing my own digital painting for a mad max gta spalsh page. I've seen a custom one done with photos and it was okay but not gta okay. so I have the skills to a page of my own. I have to find out what format those intro splash pages are in.

beyond that I don't know. I am working on so many models many of which I am keeping secret so as to surprise the community at large. if I can get some help we'll have some cool mods from all walks of life ready for you all to have a go with.

it's a new year baby. time we hopefully will see some new works released to you all.

• uokka likes this

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 01:41 PM

just stumble into this thread, can't wait to try the mod :beerhat:

uNi
  • uNi

Cyclop 9

• None

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

Glad this is back on track, awesome updates so far.

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:59 PM

thank you both for the encouragement. I am sorry to say I haven't got much to report. I am working with memebers of the mad max museum ,whom, recently aquired the original comer school bus used as the gate. they have agreed to photograph the bus for me which will be a big big help in getting the gate made for both use in a map and use as a vehicle as well seeing how the vehicle was used in the end to transport the gas out of the wasteland.

I may be working with them on some other future projects but I can't say much now and so I won't.

I am back from vacation and it was long over due. spent some time with the fiancee and it's recharged me in all the best of ways.

but I never forgot the mod so I'll see to getting more progress done here very very soon.  My main focus will be split into three.

1. finish the tanker trailer (duh) as it's the closest to being a finished mesh.

2. dune buggies

3. that charger and her engine with some work going into the torana as I find myself able.

the rest is all I've been speaking about. paramount is making a new interceptor and making it more detailed.  because the interceptor has many incarnations thanks to the video games and the like and I'd love to do more then just use ganjicas donated models. I'd love to give you all not just more of the same but newer and better. we'll see that come as it may. for the time being stay tuned will update with new renders of my work as I have them. please excuse me I need to pass out for a little bit.

• ByteCode2014 likes this

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

new renders. as stated I am working on the tanker trailer,dune buggies and some work on the Valiant charger. I worked hard on two of these and will show you the results now.

The Valiant Charger:

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage3_zps20c47fc0

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage3b_zps86ea031

this is a hemi 256 the native engine for valiant chargers this is a crucial peice to the car that many might over look or would just 

throw a standard v8 into. well this is an assusie muscle car and it wouldn't do it justice to throw just any old engine in there. so I am working hard on recreating the engine as you see her now so that when I throw her into the model she will be accurate as stock models of these cars will be also created for new ways to play with cars you might not know you'd like till you played them.

The Tanker:

tankertrailerstage9c_zpsb4c6d528.jpg

tankertrailerstage9b_zpscb187784.jpg

tankertrailerstage9_zps791351ff.jpg

tankertrailerstage8b_zps287defb1.jpg

obviously my focus is here on the tanker. but I think that works well to get this beast updated. I fixed the tanker cradel so that it sits lower on the body and added in the back tanker cradels spiers. then I went to work on the barbed wired holders. now what's surprising to note is that the frame for the barbed wired holders does not lay flat against the tankers body as once thought. it's actually bolt welded onto the main frame and then spot welded onto the handels as shown. these details have been emulated almost perfectly as seen above. not sure what details I'll do next to try to finish this beast up but you can res assured it'll be beastly when she's all put together. not many more details are needed on her.  the only thing left to note of her is I never find a really good shot of the back end of the car used at the back of this tanker. so I'll do my best to make what I can based off the best shots I could get. but that's likely to be the only real inaccuaracy on this mesh.

I have been working on the dune buggies as well but sadly have very little to show for it. sure I do have the correct front wheel suspension assembly modeled but that's about it in most cases. I have some stand in frame but nothing really signifigant. so I won't be showing them till they are more finished. we have 3 I am working on so there will be choices for your pleasure when it comes to ingame or in SAMP.

Lastly we have offers to upconvert the models to GTA IV. my thing with it is this. I am giving people permission with the knowledge that some of the vehicles are low poly for the low poly engines of the SD universe games (GTA II,GTA VC,GTA SA) and that while I do want these mods into gta IV (and even V when it gets announced for pc) we have to be careful of which models we do right now cause otherwise these mods might not look so pretty ingame. work on upscaling the poly of some of the models is being done and new parts added for detail sake. I am also looking past GTA for these models. part of why I am working so hard on details of the tanker. Imagine if ,in fallout 3, you could come accross the tanker,or the mack with the junk trailer, what if one of the settlements in FO3 was the compound from the movie? I think it would be great to make locations work in fallout 3 even if you can't drive anything. but it's not just fallout.  I am likely to take our master works and shop them around to the MODDB for help on making these beasts work in other games. some favor farcry 2 because of it's desert. others want to see these beasts in other racing games and I see no reason to not let them out. these mods are for the fans. and if some don't like gta then we'll bring mad max to the masses in other ways.

• uokka likes this

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 06:37 AM

sorry to say that my nights work on the tanker yeilded nothing. I am sorry to say that work was worse and worse the more time I spent on it. so I scrapped work.

but it wasn't a total waste. I worked a lot more on the the Valiant charger hemi 256. the side headers are now done and thus I am a lot closer to getting to the main body. here's the look.

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage4d_zpsf213a23

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage4c_zps7702324

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage4b_zps6d25345

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage4_zps76a59429

not sure what work will get done tonight my son is very sick and we can't get him to the hopsital till tomorrow (it's not life threatening or we'd be in the ER, just a bad flu and I'm playing nurse maid as my son as I am a single father.) anyways if I get some time I'll work hard on what I can. maybe doing some HD work on the some of the basic rim sets for some of the cars.

small bit of trivia straight from the new owners mouth. thanks to Adrain of the Mad Max Museum in silverton,AU I can give you all a small bit trivia. As some of you know Adrian recently aquired the original "Gate" bus. what most of you don't know is the owner of the bus who bought it from the mad max II production team stripped out the interrior. the reason for this was the owner before Adrian was trying to make it into a mobile home. so crazy.

anyways take care all.
  • uokka likes this

Dr.Octavious
  • Dr.Octavious

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:18 AM

I have the pictures of the Gate bus. so work on that can begin. my son was sick so I didn't get much work done. but the Chrysler Charger engine looks more like an engine. here's the progress works.

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage5c_zpsc008c01

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage5b_zpsc0014ee

valiantchanrgerhemi256stage5_zpsc116547f

it's closer to being finished thought there is still a ways to go before I can get to the body.

going to try to finish up the tanker. but not sure. my son's still sick. but I'll do what I can modeling wise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users