1,176 replies to this topic
T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 03 September 2006 - 01:52 AM

thanks for the comments all. soon this bad boy will be patrolling the waste lands of sa and vc. as for the tank comment...i'm not really sure what those hood things on the top were they could have been a specail super charger or just ment to look like they could shoot. but they aren't guns.

some may have noticed that the gtany.com is well dead. and it sort of is but the new server is here for all current files. new file host ascendance has also given us space for housing the mod files as well as backing up the mod files as is right now so ( i won't post a link to those out of repsect for dexx and crew.)

while watching mad max 1 i realized a few things. one is that roop used a short barrel full back stock double barrels shotgun to shoot at "the night rider." and missed hitting the road sign instead. so once 92f's long barrel shotty is in game better i'll make that gun as well. i also realized that toe cutters bike was basicly like gooses in the end of the movie jsut black with msot of the idicators and police radio ripped out so when the goose bike gets painted so will a second toe cutter edition.

in other skinning news one more model is actualy in "production" by a face form the past i'd say more but i don't want to jinx it (as seems to be my luck in this mod.) but i think once it's fianly in game and converted to vc you'll all crap yoruself form what i've seen so far it's pretty dead on. and if all goes well another model after that that you folks haven't seen much of it's latest edition is also getting worked on out of sheer admiration by the skinner. so we should have more releases in the nearer future.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 06 September 2006 - 07:36 PM Edited by T-808, 07 September 2006 - 02:23 AM.

the toecutter bike has been made from the goose mfp bike so two bikes should be doen when we get them skinned. as for now i'm puting the map off for two reasons. a. i need to finsih the last two reamining wips i had (the charger doesn't count cause it needs to be restarted.) b. i really need to learn to map my models and that will take alot of time since i am runnign out of free time.

why am i running out? you may ask. well a gentelmen from my real job has to leave for school full time. meaning i am the only one left to pick up the slack for him so it means i'll be working alot mroe hours meaning less time and less enregy to make these great machines. this happens about two weeks form this post. so i'm haulign ass on what's almost done.

so it's impala from mad max vs the road warrior manoro.

work i did last night.

manoro : found a screen shot that shows 4 exhausts (2 on each side.) that point up in the movie so i cloned one over and bam reassinged it. so now it is movie perfect in the rear. the front end will be replaced totlay but i know it would there are ways it curves that i can't do with the current one plus i gotta figure out the rounding where the lights go as well. after that it's am atter of making the the cap for the new frotn end gille that will meet up with where the hood ends then it will be ready for skinnig nand testing. no boot or door damage jsut cause they were not used or useable when it comes to the movie. the front end thought i plan to be able to be smashed off.

mad max impala : ripped of the thing i had on the antenna it jsut wasn't workign right but i'll fix it after seeing it clear watching mad max on my old vhs. i ripped off the chevorlet and the v emblem as in mad max they were gone off the front end in the movie. i splurged a little and made the pipes damage like in the movie when the biker gang is on top of the car wrecking it. i started on the wheels but i need to start over i got a great shape for the sunrayase which i am makign myself instead of just using ganjicas i love his work but i fear we use his wheels a might too much time to stand on our won two feet. i'm working on this cause it has alot less to have done to her and alot more diffuculty to it as i have to sculpt a low poly naked woman for the front end. with the cloth done right,naked woman in place wheels set and the engine hooked up to those pipes on the bottom side she'll be ready to run.

here is a look at what i done on the impala frnakly there isn't much to see on the manoro yet.

new wheels

user posted image

impala as you knew here when she is okay.

user posted image

and movie damage (yeah i knwo the hood shoudl be that messed up but i'm going with sa and movie damage.)

user posted image

when she will be done is hard to say i want to get it done but weeks end i'll work toward that but don't know. on lighter not the landau is coming very soon triplea's testign is done and so while he works on lcs mod he is also finishing up the landau asap.

ed: update.

i hooked up the engine,pulled out the old exhuast. which was something i had forgotten to talk about before it wasn't easy but i did it the old exhuast is gone. i i finsiehd up the old new tires the new pictures not so great but it has everythign the 3d rims would have had except the the cut outs. for soem reason i jsut can't get the dam rims to cut so for now they will have to be skined on. i may go back and revise later another time. lasy count with all the fixing put her at about 26k not too bad with the movie damage pipes on the damage hood.

so all i need to do is the scupture and tire the fabric to the anttena and she is done and ready to run.

user posted image

user posted image

possibly i might finish by weeks end no promices though.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2006 - 11:33 PM

good news. the vc landau is mapped and ready for testign ingame.

bad news i'm still out a copy of vc but i'll try to find one soon enough.

will be workign o nthe impala. for the main detail i'm starting to think about an sa ped vert welded to be lower poly for the staute it would take a hell of aloto f guess work out of this and speed it along. i have seen mad maxines skinning on the impala in carmageddon so i know she will do magnificent with it once i get it done and or map it. well brendan did most of the mappigng the new maps i need to add are the pipes form the engine goign out the hood and pipes goign round the bottom fo the car, the antenna, the antenna cloth and the stature of course.

so more soon hopefuly landau release soon too.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:48 PM

...... really startign to hate computers and no i won't switch to a mac. sorry mac users i don't mean all of you i mean just everyone i met so far has been arrogant and well i'm jsut not ready to start enjoying the smell of my own farts. i updated windows and suprise suprise it unavctivated my legaly activated and legaly bought windows xp but stupid thing wouldn't let me put in my product code it said "widows is already activiated press okay to exit." so i did and 14 days later i get locked out of my windows unless i reactivate my copy of windows which was already legaly activated but the flocktard windows wouldn't let me put in my code.

sooooooo the main gaggle (yes i said gaggle deal with it.) of the mod files is on my old hard drive. so long story short i'm back online but on a new hd i hope to plug in my old hd and make it a slave so that it won't need to boot up windows to access the old files if not i have a fairly recent backup of the max files but the impala would still be set back and have to be reworked a bit to be back up to where she was.

good news i think i can mount an sa ped on the hood and still kepp thsi car within polly padt of it was in the damage photo from mad max the scupture was busted off it also shows how flimsily it was mounted so making it come off would reduce the end poly count in half. the rest is a lot of vert welding but them's the breaks point it this bitch will run mean and won't effect yoru frame rates a goal we had from the begining.

looking at the calender i can see october approaching. i know i vowed to end the modeling phase of this mod by october on the 2 year anneversary but i want to get some dune buggies done,the silver and grey zn fairlain cop car,the two chargers and i hope brendan will eventualy still get the desoto, the torana, the valiant vh coupe, and the map done so we can mod them too for the last of what i hope to get done i know i added thunderdome but i got projects piling up that could take a very long time. so i'm kinda of extending the porjects modeling time to january of next year. i want this done and done right as much as all of you but there comes a time when you do all you can and then eventualy you start to move on. but msot of the vehicles you ever wanted will be out or atleast done enough to skin and release. the weapons will get worked on too i seen them ingame in vc and if it wasn't for the crapy positioning max puts them in i would show you shots of the work.

so onward from here i'll do my best to get things working with what little time i have for me (work and single dad thing.) i won't let it all die and i hope to get the beta mad max model working when it's more done if we at least get him out there i think the mod a success. more when i have anythign at all to really show.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 September 2006 - 07:50 PM

...... really startign to hate computers and no i won't switch to a mac. sorry mac users i don't mean all of you i mean just everyone i met so far has been arrogant and well i'm jsut not ready to start enjoying the smell of my own farts. i updated windows and suprise suprise it unavctivated my legaly activated and legaly bought windows xp but stupid thing wouldn't let me put in my product code it said "widows is already activiated press okay to exit." so i did and 14 days later i get locked out of my windows unless i reactivate my copy of windows which was already legaly activated but the flocktard windows wouldn't let me put in my code.

sooooooo the main gaggle (yes i said gaggle deal with it.) of the mod files is on my old hard drive. so long story short i'm back online but on a new hd i hope to plug in my old hd and make it a slave so that it won't need to boot up windows to access the old files if not i have a fairly recent backup of the max files but the impala would still be set back and have to be reworked a bit to be back up to where she was.

good news i think i can mount an sa ped on the hood and still kepp thsi car within polly padt of it was in the damage photo from mad max the scupture was busted off it also shows how flimsily it was mounted so making it come off would reduce the end poly count in half. the rest is a lot of vert welding but them's the breaks point it this bitch will run mean and won't effect yoru frame rates a goal we had from the begining.

looking at the calender i can see october approaching. i know i vowed to end the modeling phase of this mod by october on the 2 year anneversary but i want to get some dune buggies done,the silver and grey zn fairlain cop car,the two chargers and i hope brendan will eventualy still get the desoto, the torana, the valiant vh coupe, and the map done so we can mod them too for the last of what i hope to get done i know i added thunderdome but i got projects piling up that could take a very long time. so i'm kinda of extending the porjects modeling time to january of next year. i want this done and done right as much as all of you but there comes a time when you do all you can and then eventualy you start to move on. but msot of the vehicles you ever wanted will be out or atleast done enough to skin and release. the weapons will get worked on too i seen them ingame in vc and if it wasn't for the crapy positioning max puts them in i would show you shots of the work.

so onward from here i'll do my best to get things working with what little time i have for me (work and single dad thing.) i won't let it all die and i hope to get the beta mad max model working when it's more done if we at least get him out there i think the mod a success. more when i have anythign at all to really show.

commando
  • commando

Hustler

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 21 September 2006 - 10:38 PM

Files hosted again, sorry we had to change home and our old host admin deleted our account without giving further notice. Still putting the rest of the files online.

GTAnyforums

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2006 - 07:34 PM

thank you commando for all you help and work.

slayer is convicned i stole his impala which was donated to the mod by brendan who says before it was an unfinsihed model by yo-yo a friend of his. but if slayer is right then we been duped and the impala gets tossed out of the mod never to return as i don't have the time to remodel.

on happier note october 26th will mark 2nd year anneversary of the mod. it is also the date by which i priomced augh exclusivity on the road warrior interceptor. after that time i will trun over the interceptor we made with permission form ganjica to be skined and put into imediate service.

on the back burner is almsot every other project partly because mod files are still on the other hd the main oens i have on disk are up to date though so no worries folks. but we got something cooking thats "more then meets the eye." more on any of this with pictures when i got them.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:12 AM

the impala seems stolen and we were missinformered brendan is sorting it all out. i hope we get permission for now i must put this up. "impala main body is scratch built by slayer."
as to if it will be releaseable i don't know right now but for now if it was done we couldn't release it.

landau beta is in purgatory and the time i mentioned is now where i work double shifts almost all the time. and that's the least of the troubles going on. the mod isn't dead i'll be working hard on things till the end of this year. but this will likely be the last you see of me for along time.

it's been fun and i really enjoyed things i hope you will like what we get done by the end of the year.

Edgie
  • Edgie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 03:38 PM

Yo
Sorry bout this, but I'm new, and was just wondering, how/where could I download Max's Black V8 Interceptor for Vice City?

1stLt_Riza
  • 1stLt_Riza

I seem to be stuck in your continuum

• Members

Posted 02 October 2006 - 07:32 PM

Hi I'm kind of new here too even though I've been modding my gta for a while, where can I download any of these for San Andreas? All the links I try I just get a 404, could someone tell me where I can get these?

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

@ Edgie the model is called "the last v8." you can find it at almsot any gta site on the web.last v8 vc. is one place where i know it is still there you have to look throught it's archives in the vc section. we were only hosting the san andreas version.

@ 1stLt_Riza our old web server has the san andreas versions up but yoru right the links seem to be down i'll get on our web host about it and post new links when i can. thansk for the intrest both of you didn't think anyone new would ever come to our neck of the forum.

1stLt_Riza
  • 1stLt_Riza

• Members

Posted 03 October 2006 - 08:05 PM

Hey thanks a lot, glad to hear you're going to check on it. happy.gif
I just had to come in here and post, I can't stay away from a road warrior mod, it's pretty much my favorite movie, ever. I used to have the last v8 and the 3 versions of the falcon interceptor but I went an corrupted my gta3.img and screwed myself.
Mad Max FTW!

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 04 October 2006 - 01:02 AM

thanks 1stLt_Riza i been a fan since i coudl really remeber (which was as far back as age 5 don't knwo if i liekd it when i was 4 earlier years are a blur anywho.) infact road warrior startedm y love of mack trucks and any tiem i made a truck i would always put on the bull bars from the movie. then years later i wrote to mack and they sent me plans of the base truck so i know the hsitory of mack turcks pretty well.

worse comes to worse 1stLt_Riza pm me you e-mail address and what model you want to play with and i'll send them along. sorry our host is down for the moment.

i think i can at least say we will all see a road warrior interceptor in the not too distant future. as for the landau i may convert what is for vc and try it in sa if it works well in sa then i know the vc version is perfect and will relase both i jsut wish i hadn't lost my install of vc or my install of windows xp. then i coudl be testing and get atleast two more models released.

but time is not on my side as stated above.

1stLt_Riza
  • 1stLt_Riza

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 03:43 AM

Ya I have always loved mack trucks, I want to buy a mack r600 and mod it into a dune buggy type vehicle. biggrin.gif

I hope you guys can get the landau into sa, I love the car and that skull hood ornament it has biggrin.gif

Bjyounggotti
  • Bjyounggotti

Hoe slappa

• Members

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:23 AM Edited by Bjyounggotti, 04 October 2006 - 06:27 AM.

hey T-808 sorry to hear about your hd problem but i have a stripped down version of VC ( took out radios and R* intro movies) that i use to reinstall after corrupted mods. I can give it to you but thing is i dont know how to send it to you its like 500+ mb but if u can find somewhere to host it or have yahoo messenger i can send it to you just email me @ [email protected] or PM ME

Edgie
  • Edgie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:03 AM

Sorry again, it might just be my sh*tty internet, I think I might've exeeded the download limit, but do you know of any other sites it? I know codenamevice.co.uk had an intercepter like yours, maybe it was yours, I don't know, but since that doesn't exist anymore, I don't know where else to find it. Again, sorry bout the hassling and all, I just used to have one, and it was sooooooooooo cool, then I had to take my computer in to get fixed, and I lost it.

Edgie
  • Edgie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 10:55 AM

Actually nah, it's alright, I got it working. Thanks for the help with finding it.

1stLt_Riza
  • 1stLt_Riza

• Members

Posted 07 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

Hey thanks the files on gtany are back up, now to get my gta to stop crashing every time I finish one misson...

Shem
  • Shem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2006 - 08:59 AM

alright.....is this mod dead? hellloooooooooo? hhhhhheeeeelllooooooooo.......ooooo.....oooo...oooooo....echoo...echo....echo......

Faulk_Wulf
  • Faulk_Wulf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 November 2006 - 05:34 AM

*pokes thread*

asonofashadow
  • asonofashadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

Can I lend a hand with level modelling?

[email protected]

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:59 AM

to all the fans i have some news about things.

i set a modeling phase of this mod to end by the end of december. but well life has takes soem trusn for the better and soem turns for the worst. first the better..i have a new gf she makes me happy and i hope my son will like her when we get to the meet and greet phase of things which won't be for a long time. anyways the bad news is my brother is in his final stages of cancer and so he will be lucky to make it to christmas but he is trying and my entire family is goign to colorado to spend form the 16th till the 29th of december there. without computer access of any kind. so i may extend the deadline one last time but to be honest i am having less and less time for modding of any kinda let alone of the stuff i really want to do (like finishign this mod.) and being the last person even still working on this mod it's getting to be a bit too much with what is goign on in my life right now.

but i have bought the thunderdome dvd and am getting some of the snapshots of it so that i can do the vehilces mentioned. reading above you can see we have someone eager to help with levels i just contacted him in the hopes of getting some more out besides just vehilces.

now the future of the mod. well there is nothign to say i won't always keep working on the mod but soemtime next year the mod will be as done as i can make it for now in which case a maga mod file with all our workign bits will be released. then after that whatever i can have time to model and get workign and hopefuly skinned will be out here and there...so the mod will never fullly die jsut as mad max will never fully leave my heart. the mian thing on my end that still needs happen is learning to map texturing i will never get but mapping i can learn then mad maxine will texture most of the vehilces she already improved alot of the red bat which may see release soemday.

so i am sorry that this is not all big news on rw front i apologize that i have no new screens or great leaps in progress at this time but i need to do alot of sorting out before i'll ever fully be up to beign able to model. one thing in the future category that has been going in the back ground in between rw models is a mod with many secret workers that is simpley "more then meets the eye." you shall see before the summer what that means for those who can't get the clue.

Shem
  • Shem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear about your brother and i hope he will make it to christmas and even new year's eve (doctors tend to misjudge so called 'dates' and it all depends on the ones will to live really, so I keep my fingers crossed for your brother).

And of course, I'm happy for your new gf, may she give you the power to work on this mod wink.gif .

This mod is def not going to die, now i'm sure of it. And once it's out, it'll be one hell of a reason to celebrate:)

Mezz
  • Mezz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2006 - 02:55 PM

T-808,

Really sorry to hear about your brother. You have my best wishes at this difficult time. I hope you and yours all the best for the future.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 09 December 2006 - 07:40 PM

well there is news...god i love seiral sata drives. after months of workign hard and eliberating i pluged in the orginal hd that took a dive cause windows unactivated itself and then wouldn't let me reactivate (and yes it is a legal copy of xp.) and sure enough without effort my orginal hd appaered in my "my computer" menu. so what does this have to do with the price of tea in china (old phrase perhapse showing my age lol.) well all the latest and greatest progress with the mad max impala,the manoro and a secret weapon i was working with before the crash was on that drive and stupidly not backed up on a dvd or cd-r .

so couple that with permission from econobricks brother (who will get body credit btw) and we are once more very close to a finished yet not fully skinned mad max impala. and alot closer on the manoro from road warrior. i didn't knwo when i would have any news but this is good news trust me.

as to the level modeler he has contected me but he has aim so eee not sure when the full workign will begin he's talkign abotu doing soem thunderdome areas first and going form there. i meanwhile will do what i can to finsih the compund it's been a right bloddy bastard it has but i'm mainly down to jsut the tire wall,tire turrets,outter fencing and the gate the rest is the actualy ground under neath the compund itself and makign things like the trench jump which, liek the movie, would allow one to hope the fencing using a dirt bike and get into the compund withotu havign to mess with the gate. the gate is another issue entirely.

as for everything else well i been sick the last few days with a cold but i have gotten a little snippet of modeling done here and there. i thank you all for the support for me and my brother next saturday the 16th i shall be on the road goign to see him.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 14 December 2006 - 09:21 PM

well i'm a day away form my trip to see my brother and i will not be back till new years. thus i am officaly closing the first road warrior mod down since i won't be back till after the deadline i set on this mod.

now before you start leaving or sendign hate mail know that thsi isn't the actual full on end. what i mean is things need a fresh start and a new look for things and maybe a few hand done converstions of a friedns work to keep thigns movign along but i want more scratch built works then convertions for this mod to be a true success.

so what that means is a relaunching will happen after new years of this mod v 2.0 if you will. from that we will get what we can done cause more and more i can see that i jsut can't fully walk away form this mod but a break is needed and soem freshness breathed into her or else we face parishing forever. and also after new year i shall be tutored in 3d max mapping so i can make mapps for mad maxine or anyone else who can "skin but hate to uv mapp." then we shall see an increase in everything.

well when next you see me a nother year shall have gone by. till them true believers.

Faulk_Wulf
  • Faulk_Wulf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:15 AM

Glad to see this mod still lives. Sorry for all the hard times in your life. I hope things can go as smoothly as things like that can. Best of luck in all things that need it, and best wishes in everything else.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 December 2006 - 06:04 PM

thank you for the support guys. i am back but the mod will not be relaunched just yet. when i do restart i think i have ab etter grasp of the manoro from road warrior as well as the impala. also i need to learn mapping soul couragous has a very easy way in 3d studio max and i think i can get it and finaly have it down so we can get our back log of vehicles skinned and ready for gta both of them. as for vc i had to resort to other meassures to get cd 2 back so hopefuly i can get the mad max purssuit special for vc fixed and released at this point there is jsut a snall hole that isn't in the sa version that i can't seem to fix totaly.

after that i have no idea what will be released i may show pictures of the goose bike progress but again right now is not a good time for me. when next yo usee me it will be in a new thread with new progress. take care everyone. and may whatever god you follow bless you.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2007 - 02:15 AM

good news and bad news. good news for me i been discovered on deviant art for my modeling.

bad news is so long as i am employed with uglywart studios i have no time for modelingfor any gta mods so till rfurther notice this and all other mods are here by suspended. sorry folks but maybe soemday i cna reopen and finsih.

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (T-808 @ Jan 30 2007, 02:15)
good news and bad news. good news for me i been discovered on deviant art for my modeling.

bad news is so long as i am employed with uglywart studios i have no time for modelingfor any gta mods so till rfurther notice this and all other mods are here by suspended.  sorry folks but maybe soemday i cna reopen and finsih.

Should you ever decide to abandon this mod *for good*, I would like to make use of whatever models you have created for my own mod unless you or anyone else would mind.

Alex

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users