» «
Photo

[WIP]Road Warrior Mod For San Andreas

1,081 replies to this topic
Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 30 October 2004 - 08:55 PM Edited by Augh, 01 November 2004 - 07:31 PM.

Spent a day or so playing this thing...

(Oh yeah, IMO anyone who would post a bitchy problem with "spoilers" needs to stay the hell out of editing areas or possibly just stay off the net altogether, but given that there's always one, consider this a tag to that effect... then again, I only played for like a day. Whatever, disclaimered.)

So it seems SA cars don't have that retarded "damaged wings" sh*t that I hate so venomously, that's a big plus to me, I just hated them so utterly. Subframing the chassis is easy, but the meeting point of the flanks and firewall looks like total bullsh*t every time, I'm glad they went with that.
So in short I'm thinking a lot of people are sh*t out of luck for modding SA, the cars are a real improvement, and any mods that are currently just scraping by on the "looks ok... given what game it's in" basis, are going to stick out like a sore thumb. Seems a pretty good level of detail, be interested to learn some polycounts for these cars, some don't look so high, others do. General prognosis is R* finally got their thumb out of their ass I suppose. Bumpers are f*cking great, I'm still having trouble telling if that's just handled by a very nicely set up pivot, or if the bumpers are indeed flexing, it's probably the former, but given that it looks like the latter, that's some nice work... seems to be more muscle available too, which is kinda nice. Also been pondering how the lamps and lights are now being handled by the game mechanics, those are really good. I'm also thinking given the sheer size of areas like the Bone & Red counties, and the area south of San Fierro, we can fit this entire thing into a valley and noone would ever know, unless they stumbled over it... hmm.

And at least 3 nice rigs to choose from... I'm liking the Roadtrain meself biggrin.gif

Quad bikes and the new BF Injection might have some interesting applications re; all those strange little tubeframe vehicles...

rampage_ani.gif

808: Looks like a hammer catch to me.

Edit:

Here's that list that was asked about. Well, that list was sent, here's a more public one. I had to "do an inventory" anyways, so I listed the Mad Max vehicles and a couple of props too, and who knows what might become applicable (this however remains a Road Warrior mod. If that were to change it'd be 808 saying so anyways, I only work here wink.gif ), some stuff is included for curiosity's sake, you can probably work out what is and isn't relevant. Corrections and revisions are welcome, but please try to phrase them in a civil manner, righteous indignation is not conductive to communication. I already reformatted it once for vertical length reasons, but it's still fairly spammy. Be forewarned.

Cheers.

*cuts and pastes big ass list*

Entries followed by (?) require completion.
Some entries are included for the sake of reference or other misc. reasons, omissions are made due to lack of general relevance, or oversight. Omission example = Road Warrior music box.
Majority of information is author knowledge and/or referenced from the relatively comprehensive listing found at www.madmaxmovies.com.

Vehicles or props marked * are modified, those marked ** are heavily modified or custom built.
As the list grows, corrections or revisions are ongoing. Also I realised that at least in terms of Road Warrior, the "modified" notes are largely redundant, most everything is modified somehow, I continued using them for no apparent reason.

-Mad Max vehicles-

MFP V8 Pursuit Special: 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Hardtop**

MFP Stolen Pursuit Special: 1972 Holden HQ LS Monaro*

MFP Big Bopper: 1974 Ford Falcon XB Sedan*

MFP March Hare: 1972 Ford Falcon XA Sedan*

MFP Interceptor: 1974 Ford Falcon XB Sedan*

MFP Pursuit Bike: 1977 Kawasaki (rebadged "Kwaka") KZ-1000*

The Sorcerer: Unknown year HJ Holden ute**

Max's civilian car: 1975 Holden Sandman with Statesman front end*

Civilian trike: Custom trike of unknown manufacture, Honda CB750 single overhead cam engine(?)**

Caravan towing car: Ford Falcon XK ute

Various bikes: Kawasaki KZ-1000, Z900, Honda CB750/CB900

-Mad Max props-

Max's shotgun: Break action double barrelled shotgun, sawn off. Unknown manufacture(?)*

Max's pistol: Black revolver, possibly .38? Unknown manufacture(?)

Roop's rifle: Scope-equipped hunting style rifle, unknown calibre and manufacture. Remington? (?)

-Road Warrior vehicles-

MFP V8 Pursuit Special: 1973 Ford Falcon XB GT Hardtop**

Mack juggernaut rig: Mack R600 Coolpower* (modified during storyline)

Pappagallo's car: Custom built vehicle w/ twin Ford 351 engines**

Gyrocopter: One man gyro of unknown or custom origin, possible VW engine(?)**

Compound gate: Commer school bus

Outlaw Landau: LTD Landau, mid-1970's model*

Outlaw buggies: Various kit and custom based buggies, largely VW engined**

Humungous' truck: Rebuilt Ford F100**

Snake truck: Customised Ford F100**

Wez's bike: Kawasaki Z-1 (900? 1000?), mocked up to resemble a Suzuki Katana)*

Bike with sidecar: Yamaha XS1100E

Red "shotgunned" Ford: Early year Ford Falcon or Fairmont XA, parts of XB front end**

Black & White patrol car: 1974 ZG Fairlane, modified grille (Buick?)*

Red Charger: 1970's Valiant Charger*

Dart gun/Bat car: 1973 Valiant VH Hardtop - Possible GTO front end(?)*

Speedway Torana: Holden LC/LJ Torana*

"Pinkie": 1959 GM Desoto*

Chopped statesman: 1974 Holden Statesman, front panels removed*

Chopped Monaro: 1970's Holden Monaro, converted front grille (Possible 40's Ford, Buick or Chevy grille)*

-Road Warrior props-

Humungous' pistol: Scoped Smith & Wesson 686 revolver, magnum calibre
(Generally listed as a .44, the gun is clearly supposed to depict a powerful handgun of a magnum calibre, but given that many don't even know .357 exists, I'll draw no conclusions as yet. As to the make and model, I'm assuming and nothing more...)

Max's shotgun: Break action double barrelled shotgun, sawn off. Unknown manufacture(?)

Single edged combat style/hunting knife, fairly standard

Long handled boltcutters

Long range binoculars, unknown manufacture

Vintage telescope, unknown manufacture

Bladed, metal boomerang & rawhide "catcher's mitt"**

Note: Please do not quote this entire list, for any reason, ever. You can edit any required quotes quite easily biggrin.gif

More ed: Started a basic list of important sites and locations ph34r.gif

T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:31 AM

yes folks slight change in the basic plan we are looking at mad max 1 as well since as my cohort augh told me today "people know road warrior not everyone knows mad max." and i agree frankly i grew up on road warrior without even knowing mad max ever existed. "people won't have anything to get the relationship of how max got his car and why he is how he is..." once more i agree so it has been added.

i am off to finish the rifle today i also aquaried a car from augh. a little side porject i am taking on is to be like the art department for road warrior as most cars are real cars in mad max the art department just pasted,bolted and welded crap on that they thought would look good so i am here to announce that i am modifing aughs first car released the xb to make this car here :

user posted image

since the bulk of it is cosmetic it shouldn't take too long to modify it the engine will only be real b--th of it so i am going have to look at getting good engine topper shots cause as much as i love cars when it comes to the old pipe rigging i am a moron. but the body can be done easily. augh gets the mesh credit i get credit for modifing it. wish me luck all.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 04:46 AM Edited by Augh, 31 October 2004 - 02:52 PM.

Hmm still can't quite tell what you're meaning about the block. As is all it would really need is a pair of carbs with four trumpet intakes each, instead of the Edelbrock pancake filter, least from where I'm sitting. Maybe you mean the whole engine needs replaced, not sure I would disagree haha. Well, least it taught me how an engine basically works wink.gif

Sounds like I got you thinking... uh oh biggrin.gif

rampage_ani.gif

Ed: Half measures are for pussies. I'm considering myself "returned to active duty" from here on.

Noone hears your screams, bitches.

Pro-mod baby, wooo! rampage_ani.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:11 PM Edited by T-808, 02 March 2005 - 11:33 PM.

shotgun check weighing in at jsut under12455 thanks to day light savingstiem for giving me an extra hour of work time. so preliminary mesh clean up wotk to get aughs car ready to be maxified the basic work is done the modifining can begin.

ed: images removed for band width

not liking the way the bolt thingie rests on the back switch there but otherwise happy with it for now. on to the red xa coup.

augh you were right i remember now how it used to go when i built muscle car models as a lad jsut need to find more exact pictures altought if anyone looks clsoe enough the art derpartment jsut sorta welded the pipes onto the hood not the engine so once again it is all jsut decoration but i'll treat it as real. thanks for the advice.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 31 October 2004 - 03:27 PM

Jesus... that looks mean as all hell. Nice! cookie.gif

rampage_ani.gif

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 October 2004 - 05:43 PM

im gonna have to agree on that one too, it looks fecking great

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2004 - 05:23 PM Edited by T-808, 02 March 2005 - 11:34 PM.

thanks for the compliments on the gun didn't really start coming togteher until i the barrels were added then it all made sence.

some more news on the vehicle front preliminary work is done, the mesh has been cleared of the extra parts and now the art department work begins.

chin spoiler is agreeable as it seem from all screenshtos i have and on the net and what augh took with fraps that it is one solid straight peice it has sort of a shape but it doesn't curve in or anything just got from side to side striaght so i made it that way till i can find otherwise.

work done last night back bumper,back wheels (yes it had two in the back like a tractor trailer.) front chin spoiler,eliminating the wheel well wings as this version didn't have them on. and the back spoiler (that one was hard.)

ed: images removed for band width

oh and did some good last minute lamps not shown but will be with tomarrows update should i have anything to report.

things still left to do:
hook up the engien with the carborator and the intake tubes that number 8,model and hook up the side exhaust pipes,find and do the grate pattern for the back bumper thingie...work on the front tires,do a slight front end adjustment and bam she will be ready for augh to texture and we'll have our first finished car thanks to augh for the main body and me for the modification. so with few nights work our first model car will be done and another one can be started. me an augh felt it good to have atleast one piece of product out soon to show how well we work so enjoy the shots and will have more coming soon.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:24 PM

The shotty is to show how well we work, the falcon is for showing up my noobly flailing at the time it was originally built biggrin.gif

I'm making up for it, promise! cool.gif

Seems all pretty accurate to my eye, and any complaints I have or would have, would be my own damn fault due to being in the core mesh heheh. But you knew all that already ph34r.gif

What am I working on? Noone knows! catspider.gif

Offtopic: Is it me or is the perspective in the front shot kinda strange? Seems to be related to ratio of zoom to depth of field, I get that a lot. It's kinda freaky.

Woo rampage_ani.gif

92F
  • 92F

Gangsta

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Augh @ Nov 1 2004, 18:24)
Offtopic: Is it me or is the perspective in the front shot kinda strange? Seems to be related to ratio of zoom to depth of field, I get that a lot. It's kinda freaky.

Yeh, its to do with the 3d user camera view perspective.

Makes everything look fugly if you ask me tounge2.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2004 - 12:57 AM

yeah the prespective veiw port is the most detailed one in max so i use it for all my renders i did it in light tracer as well but it wasn't as pretty as it is in the basic rendering i did here.

C.J
  • C.J

?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 01:33 AM

F*ck why did i have to delete pappagallos car, sh*t, it looked hell as accruate too.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:04 AM

lookin good guys.

having a chance to play SanAn myself i noticed that the handlings are a bit different and might be a bit harder to set up in the PC version. but hopefully someone will crack it and come out with the tools.

C.J
  • C.J

?

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 02:07 AM

user posted image

its sh*t but there it is, havent done much progress

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:24 AM

wow c.j. still lookign great so far thought any progress is better then none after all we have time. found the grate for the back bumper it is a basic oval shape in a criss cross patern. that will be done tonight but probaly not much else as i have been pushing myself at night (as i am a single parent.) to get things done and pull my weight in this mod tryign to pass the quality on to you the loyal fans who have sat aroudn wonderign when a good road warrior/mad max mod would come around.

tomarrow will be an update but i'm off for a day or so jsut to let people knwo the mod is goign so far as planned there is some confusion among the ranks but we'll soon have everythign strightened out not to worry me c.j. and augh for sure will model our best so that loman and neo-k will ahve quility product to be apart of as we need all the member we have jsut to get things going. wel lthat is the progress fro now .

sleeper777
  • sleeper777

Mission Coder | Help Guru | Tech Ninja

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:12 AM

Alot of you guys maybe too young to remember the steve jackson game Car Wars but since i first started on the modding scene last year i thought it would be cool to see a mod based on the whole twisted metal road pirate genre if you guys want a mission coder to help later let me know i would enjoy coding in the desolate wastes of the future

Road Warrior kicked ass
Mad Max ruled
Beyond the Thunderdome ........ c'mon Tina and Mel

ph34r.gif

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:54 AM

okay first off so sorry this is the vice city area and here i am talking about a game that is 6 months away and no tools are out yet but we wanted to be first before soemone else gets the bright idea and then says we copied them.

Cool idea; bad inspiration. this comes off as "omg, wie h4v3 teh_l337 teams, we r teh kool3st!!!!"

f*ck the time limit. spend longer and do a better job. people can say what they want, can think you copied them, whatever. if the mod is genuinley good, no one will care.

Now, i love mad max, ive played Car Wars (thanks for the reminder sleeper) and im into vehicles with guns in general. they kick ass. Ill provide assitance or help out if you ever have any questions, because you seem more organized than most tc's, and not like a bunch of d-bag's. im ripping the SA vehicles apart, i can give you guys advice on how to correctly set up your vehicles for use in SA to maximize performance and to be best prepared when SA hits PC.
normally i shun every tc, so this is about as close as i come to offering assitance. its there if you want it.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:43 PM

okay for some reason a bit of the later postes were ignored...the inspiration came from my love of raod warrior from before i can remember. it was till a couple years ago that i had the ability to learn to model in 3d and have access to a program thoguht a student discount. the first thing i ever tried was modelign the rig frnakly road warrior made me love 2 thigns muscle cars and mack trucks and no matter how many times i watch it it never gets old.

i have an old work book form the pen and paper car wars it was bearly before my time (i was born the year road warrior came out.) so it was my dads but i do have parts of thunder alley the thinley disguised roadwarrior knock off board game from 19888. i have lived ate and breathed road warrior and san andreas has alot goign for it including big deserts...a country side that is alot like mad amx 1 and semi trucks that can haul tanker trailers that is also the inspiration for the mod.

the main reason it is being done now as well is cause modeling is about 90% of the work so starting now if we are lucky we could have quality vehicles and guns and even raod signs ready to be worked into the game. but i stand a bit by what i said before frankly any road warrior fan who can model will see the thankers in san andreas and try to do it as well the mack runs throught my veins if anyoen is goign to do it and do it right it will be me and as we saw with the re mod people somepople will jsut try to say "we are first you copied us blah blah blah."

but frnakly i don't care abotu who's mod came first in the end it is jsut a title it means nothing but i do like bing thee first road warrior mod and the best. so that is my stand i hope i don't have to go clearing this up again i may have phrased it worng but frnakly being first at anything isn't the inspiration for this mod if it was you would see cookie cutter cars and basic crappy models quality here is job one. but as a tech adviser if you want the job it is yours we can always use good help.

Carface80
  • Carface80

indefatigable

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:58 PM

Yeah bring it on the road warrior! Tommy Vercetti turned into Mad Max! cant wait for this one...

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2004 - 07:07 PM Edited by T-808, 02 November 2004 - 07:14 PM.

slaps forhead....this is for SAN NADREAS bigfoot. augh is working on chracter modeling so that we might get a max in san andreas but for now the main focus is vehicles and guns.

people people people please read the first few post to get an idea of what we are doing heck it is in the title "for san andreas."

okay that done we have a new member to announce :sleeper777 is a porphisient mission coder so that we could also look at road warrior mission packs should sa not prove to bee to hard with the engine rewrite rockstar did to the game engine. this means c.j. and i's gradious dream of doign missions like retrive the rig and bring it back to to the compound before the mruaders get you...but that is a long time from now we have to get the vehicles done and the weapons finished and other objects but this opens up a bit more room for doing things from the movie. so welcome sleeper777 we are glade to have you aboard.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 08:49 PM

Heh seems thoughts are generally the same as to the whole "who's first" thing. If it riles people and draws attention though, whatever's clever. Once you put getting people's attention on the side, what ashdexx said pretty much. f*ck whenever "D-day" for the game is, f*ck what the next person is doing (how is RE relevant to Road Warrior or vice versa?), and spend the right amount of time to make the thing do itself justice. Then and only then is there any point in the first place.

808; If you got an offer from ashdexx for help, in my book one generally takes it wink.gif *large hint*

Hi bigfoot heheh biggrin.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:04 PM

i take it if he wants it i owuldn't turn away from help such as his i jsut need double confirmation so that no one says "hey why did you put me on yoru team i didn't say i would do it." save us alot of head aches and paper work is all he is more hten welcome i wasn't ment to sound liek i am shunting hsi advances i jsut need confirmation that he wants on otherwise i'd say welcoem abord and add him to the front page i was mearly correctign for error as i feel ash took my first statement out of context and discounted my passion and true reasons for doign this mod i want to make it vlear so no one gets the wrong idea and doubts my inspiration is all cause that felt insulting to question things and make it seem liek we were show boatign here when all we really want is to make a great mod of a great movie onto an almsot perfect game. but he is in if he want's in no harm no foul jsut want him to say or pm me and say i am in and boom it is done.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 02 November 2004 - 10:13 PM

Hehe as long as this thing gets moving and stays on track, whatever's cool with all wink.gif

Ok so, having talked to CJ and T-808 both, CJ tells me he's cool with it if we go ahead with something I've been working on. So I guess we're going with this;

user posted image

user posted image

rampage_ani.gif

Carface80
  • Carface80

indefatigable

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 November 2004 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (T-808 @ Nov 2 2004, 22:04)
i take it if he wants it i owuldn't turn away from help such as his i jsut need double confirmation so that no one says "hey why did you put me on yoru team i didn't say i would do it." save us alot of head aches and paper work is all he is more hten welcome i wasn't ment to sound liek i am shunting hsi advances i jsut need confirmation that he wants on otherwise i'd say welcoem abord and add him to the front page i was mearly correctign for error as i feel ash took my first statement out of context and discounted my passion and true reasons for doign this mod i want to make it vlear so no one gets the wrong idea and doubts my inspiration is all cause that felt insulting to question things and make it seem liek we were show boatign here when all we really want is to make a great mod of a great movie onto an almsot perfect game. but he is in if he want's in no harm no foul jsut want him to say or pm me and say i am in and boom it is done.

whooops wow.gif ny bad (picking up my brains) ok I got a bad excuse, a mobster shoot me in the head and lose 20% of my brains biggrin.gif make sense to use san andreas sigh.gif

that interceptor looks tight man...

Anyway guys, good luck agian, hopefully by the time GTA:SA PC hits the shelves it done biggrin.gif and oh yeah I have a brand spanking new computer lol.gif

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:11 AM

someone has to pick up a DVD version of Mad Max/Road Warrior if there is one, which i'm pretty sure that there is. we can rip the sound files off of the movie for the different characters and for max himself.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:14 AM

I've had them both since before I started the last falcon attempt wink.gif

I want to get a look at how SA puts its sounds together... ph34r.gif

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci Racing
  • United-States

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:53 AM

aughs got sound engineering if he wants it i knwo he wants to do the engine sounds of the blower from road warrior and i think we all know how good augh is at sound since my terminator 2 phase plasma rifle mod hit the market...that sound was all augh and he did great if anyone can do it augh can. should he want it when the time for sound comes.

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 03:23 PM Edited by Augh, 03 November 2004 - 04:51 PM.

Can do wink.gif

Did some things like window surrounds and filled in the glass areas, made "interior" for the bumper when that's broken or missing, started underbody, tweaked more stuff and am pondering/dreading that roof spoiler...

56k warning ph34r.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
rampage_ani.gif

C.J
  • C.J

?

• Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 08:25 PM

well i can say it , ur inceptor is far better then what i could of ever done ,and imo ur the right person for the job of the roadwarrior interceptor.

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 03 November 2004 - 09:11 PM

great work guys! im a HUGE Mad Max fan although not most i know are cause im only 12 anyway great work models look great weapons great i cant wait rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif bbq.gif

C.J
  • C.J

?

• Members

Posted 04 November 2004 - 01:27 AM

user posted image

well this is the progress on mi sh*t landau.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users