• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 12:55 AM

hehe... glad ya like it..

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

Blue prints is for pussys!

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:38 AM

np tounge.gif but the front chassi needs to be updated, the scratches is too big. maybe i can help?

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 14 May 2005 - 01:43 AM

its ok m8.. no being funny but I like ta do my own textures.. il have a look at them scratches tho

T-808
  • T-808

Road Warrior mod until it's Done!

• Feroci
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [Modding]

Posted 16 May 2005 - 11:07 PM

Update: this week is a bit of catch up before i move forward.
since wez bike is done i figured i'd do what i been sorta putting off to others to do. so i went throught and completly reworked the red xa tires to be sure they were the same size as aughs originals and they were not so they would crash the game.

that was done fixed the chassi_vlo so that it included the tail spoiler. also made sure all parts were renamed and added some parts i forget to because we were testing in vice first.

basicly i rocked the red xa coupe and made her totolay vice testing worthy so that our skinner can skin the model and we can see if she works in game if she don't then i may enlist the authors help. but basicaly this weekend she should be getting skinned.

but wait there's more....got the interceptor for rw up to snuff and looking throught my old screencaps of rw quicksilver was right...if you look at the front end of the interceptor when they are wheeling it into the compund when max comes to collect on his "bargin" there is a bit of the front end on on side still there quicksilver made that happen when he redid the interceptor while bored.

but alot had to be done to get it ready and i'm not sure the chassi_vlo is right for all the "accessories" in the back but that's why we test it. but parts were renamed properly and so on and so on basic short story of it all is it is also ready to be reskinned by our skinner.

2 more models i hope to see working in game. and that was all work done in one night when my skiner has the time this weekend he will help with that for sure.

next on the list this week of catch up..the big rig itself going to shoot for the macks making sure everything is named right dummy check and so on making sure that it can be skinned so that we can try to get her in-game the thought the mack will be mostly a new skin so that one will take more time to get skinned but hopefuly will slide right into being in-game.

my hope is to see more models working in game before i go too far on alot of party finsihed models.

work on the valint continues thought slowly and some what dissapointingly.

got the roof peiced together but it is one of the worst gd roof i have ever attempted so looking into plan b making one big block and carving it out. the hood is doneish....the genral shape of the undamged hood is done but it curves with the front end so i'll have to wait till the fron end is done before i can properly curve it like in the movie.

i got a few shots of the hood but not posting yet going to be working on it on the side. but rest assured the valint has bencome my new mack i will not give up on it till it is as perfect as i can possibly make it...she's coming along but slowly.

so that is the news from the front mroe to come as the week moves on.

btw one memner has said he will keep vie city on his system for us so that we can do dual release for san andreas and for vice city...wouldn't want our fans to be dissapointed because they can't play or afford san andreas. so thank you to soul courageous for lending his vice city for testing.

on ward and up ward.

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 10:30 AM

Little update for yas Ive started on the red bat rocky car got a little bit done. tho ive ran into a small problem I can map one side of the rear but when i try the other it doesnt show the mesh on the uv mapper. Anybody got any ideas why? Ive done nothing different from mapping the other parts....
Heres a little sneak peak at the good side of the car lol
user posted image

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

blink.gif wow soul wow.....see people wasn't pullign your leg were really doign some catch up....but wow i thought the wez bike was nice i mean wow. thank you soul.

choofa
  • choofa

Dance onn Cocaiin.. LSD.. XTC!!

• Members

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:59 PM

wow wow wow, more like A F*CKING MAZING!!!! I love this car to bits inlove.gif .

=Ch00fA=

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 12:17 AM

user posted image
Hehe Brum brum....
Not tooo bad i dont think i figured out that prob i had and im about 45% maybe more done now on the chassis_hi part then its just all the rest of the bits

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:22 AM Edited by choofa, 19 May 2005 - 08:28 AM.

Fantastic job there biggrin.gif I don't like the carbs and weirs though... they are all weird confused.gif anyways the rest is fantasti, like really fantastic biggrin.gif .

Edit: I made a sig for the topic because I was bored... if someone else wants to make one go ahead... this took me 10 seconds tounge.gif and I think it is really crap...

user posted image

And also link it to my forums (home of the rw mod...) if you could smile.gif .

=Ch00fA=

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 06:01 PM

kewl sigs ya got there choofa..
FINNISHED... the chassis_hi bit heres some pics... got some weird textuture probs with the hood now for some reason.... worked ok b4.. bloody zmod..
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
hope you all like it so far

Faulk_Wulf
  • Faulk_Wulf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:38 PM

Insanely awesome work. Those textures are just awesome. rampage_ani.gif

I do have one question though... Shouldn't the steering column be on the OTHER side. Or is it not an Australlian car? (March Hare, Big Bopper, Max's XB, Pursuit Special (Black-on-black/Last V8), Nightriders Pursuit Special, etc) They're all right-hand drive. Now i haven't watched Road Warrior in ages, so I don't know if some were left-hand drive or not... but I was just observing.

(I notice that the Nightrider Pursuit Special up about a dozen posts or so has right-hand drive, I don't know about the other game models.)

Other than that, the car is beautiful, just like all the other vehicals on this forum. Love Wez's bike. Makes Goose's Kwaka seem very probable in the future. inlove.gif

Catch ya later, keep up the great work!

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (soul_courageous @ May 19 2005, 18:01)
kewl sigs ya got there choofa..
FINNISHED... the chassis_hi bit heres some pics... got some weird textuture probs with the hood now for some reason.... worked ok b4.. bloody zmod..
user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
hope you all like it so far

looks good but little low pixel on some spots

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

okay let me make this clear to everyone who is watching and has not read the posts before on this subject and or ever downloaded aughs original xc cobra..i'm going to type in caps not to yell but so that the text is seen for sure.

FOR THOSE WHO KEEP ASKING. YES THESE ARE AUSTRAILIAN MODELS THOUGHT SOME ARE BEING DESIGNED BY "YANKS" WE HAVE WATCHED ROAD WARRIOR ENOUGH TIMES TO KNOW THAT UK AND AUSTRALIAN CARS HAVE THE DRIVERS SIDE WHERE OUR AMERICAN PASSENGER SIDE IS. WE ALSO KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD BUT THAT IN ANOTHER RANT.

BUT SOME PROBLEMS ARISE WHEN PLACING THE DRIVERS SIDE ON THE AMERICAN PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR IN GAME. ONE THING WHEN C.J. REACHES FOR THE RADIO WHICH HE DOES IN THE CAR HIS ARM WOULD GO RIGHT THOUGHT THE DOOR I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD STEERING TENDS TO DO SOME OF THE SAME THING BY THE MAN WHO BUILD THE BASE FOR THIS RED "ROCKY" XA....HE'S FROM ENGLAND HE THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING THE DRIVER SIDE ON THE RIGHT JUST LIKE IT SHOUDL BE AND FOUND OUT IT WAS JUST NOT SOEMTHING THAT WORKED WELL IN-GAME AS IT SHOULD HAVE.

SO TO SUM UP YES IN THE REAL CAR THE DRIVERS SIDE WOULD BE ON THE RIGHT BUT NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE DOING THAT AT THIS TIME AS CHARACTER CONSTRAINTS DO NOT ALLOW US.

I RESPECT THAT THIS MOVIE AND THE CARS ARE A MATTER OF PRIDE BUT PLEASE READ THIS AND PEALSE PLEASE PELASE STOP ASKING US THIS QUESTION.

@ soul frankly i think it's great work utter genious for making a car that looks like it's been out in the aussie desert for a long time with no real garage or car wash to go to. keep it up man i know the process has been a bit daunting.

@ choofa thanks for the nice sig you made once more models are textured then we'll make a maga sig.

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (T-808 @ May 19 2005, 20:28)
okay let me make this clear to everyone who is watching and has not read the posts before on this subject and or ever downloaded aughs original xc cobra..i'm going to type in caps not to yell but so that the text is seen for sure.

FOR THOSE WHO KEEP ASKING. YES THESE ARE AUSTRAILIAN MODELS THOUGHT SOME ARE BEING DESIGNED BY "YANKS" WE HAVE WATCHED ROAD WARRIOR ENOUGH TIMES TO KNOW THAT UK AND AUSTRALIAN CARS HAVE THE DRIVERS SIDE WHERE OUR AMERICAN PASSENGER SIDE IS. WE ALSO KNOW THAT YOU DRIVE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ROAD BUT THAT IN ANOTHER RANT.

BUT SOME PROBLEMS ARISE WHEN PLACING THE DRIVERS SIDE ON THE AMERICAN PASSENGER SIDE OF THE CAR IN GAME. ONE THING WHEN C.J. REACHES FOR THE RADIO WHICH HE DOES IN THE CAR HIS ARM WOULD GO RIGHT THOUGHT THE DOOR I HAVE ALSO BEEN TOLD STEERING TENDS TO DO SOME OF THE SAME THING BY THE MAN WHO BUILD THE BASE FOR THIS RED "ROCKY" XA....HE'S FROM ENGLAND HE THOUGHT ABOUT MAKING THE DRIVER SIDE ON THE RIGHT JUST LIKE IT SHOUDL BE AND FOUND OUT IT WAS JUST NOT SOEMTHING THAT WORKED WELL IN-GAME AS IT SHOULD HAVE.

SO TO SUM UP YES IN THE REAL CAR THE DRIVERS SIDE WOULD BE ON THE RIGHT BUT NO WE ARE NOT GOING TO BE DOING THAT AT THIS TIME AS CHARACTER CONSTRAINTS DO NOT ALLOW US.

I RESPECT THAT THIS MOVIE AND THE CARS ARE A MATTER OF PRIDE BUT PLEASE READ THIS AND PEALSE PLEASE PELASE STOP ASKING US THIS QUESTION.

@ soul frankly i think it's great work utter genious for making a car that looks like it's been out in the aussie desert for a long time with no real garage or car wash to go to. keep it up man i know the process has been a bit daunting.

@ choofa thanks for the nice sig you made once more models are textured then we'll make a maga sig.

haha they drive on the left side of the road and we drive on RIGHT side!

Kraxxuz
  • Kraxxuz

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 19 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

Great work guys, keep it up, this mod seems to really be blossoming lately, getting me very exctied.

@GRIM! For that comment I shall beat you with a big stick tounge.gif Cheers Kraxxuz

LIVEVIL
  • LIVEVIL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (T-808 @ May 19 2005, 20:28)

I figured some would complain about the steering wheel being on the left hand side but thought it was done deliberatlyas the charactors in the game got in the cars and drove on the left hand side and by making the steering in the correct as per movie spot the charactors in the game would skrew up or look funny.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:21 PM

thanks for the understanding LIVEVIL. i am sorry i had to post like that but i'm a little tired of retreading the same topic of the driver side and then reading a post asking about it. but like i said i do understand these cars are a matter of pride and movie fans alike are fanatical..i am one of them but when we can't do soemthing we just can't do it that's all,

well not too much to report small modeling going here and there but nothing to show yet,

but work continues and we have someone else who wants to skin the snake truck ones she's done so that is porgress.

carface is working hard and making the goose mfp bike but he's got finals he's learning softimage xsi and maya and a few other programs to get into gameing i think someday but he will be able to not only model models but make a game with them so much luck wished to him on that but when he can he works on the bike.

this week still a bit of catch up but after next week the mod leader is going on a much needed two week vacation...first to drop my son off for his summer visitation with his mom and then to have some fun with some friends and just not worry about anything. so for that time starting from about june 5th till 21st there will be no more updates from me and unless soul is able to skin more and post the red xa i wouldn't excpet much at all.

so that's the news as of now more pictures to post when htey are ready till then just keep an eye out more progess is on the way.

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:33 PM

eventually it might be possible to do, as we did it with Vice City, even though the animations did look wierd at times, but with SanAn and it's increased animation features, it might be possible to reverse it all, thats just one of many things that we'll find out over the next month or so.

San Andreas comes out in almost a week, i just finished paying it off and since i'm no longer going to Israel this summer, i should be able to get to work on hacking into SanAn ASAP, though i'm probably gonna try and beat it first. lol.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:56 PM Edited by T-808, 30 March 2006 - 11:39 PM.

*bangs head on keyboard*

I GIVE UP!!!! neo-k the animation where he gets in then suddenly appears on the other side of the car is not the problem his arms go throught the doors like a ghose when he steers and turns the radio on or changes the radio channel,is that simple enough to understand that much is not correctable because of how he was animated.

anyways i have gotten back to being busy again and here is the progression of what i did to the landau.

1 crafted a preliminary hood
2 punched hole in hood
3 crafted what i visulay see of what ever that thing is on the hood
4. crafted back tail lights
5 finsihed all but one detail of the above the hood mount
6. pushed the botoms of the front end down more (it was way to short before)
7.added a health dose of leafy leafsprings for support. (thanks to augh for the refrence.)

soul added some poly in zmod to quicksilvers unfinished roof side walls. thanks soul.

it's not perfect but damn near close to it as far as i can get with the screen and production stills i have in my possesion. still have to hook it up and the way i see it's bolted to the top of the engine and then goes above the hood before filerting down in to a sort of 2 top pipes < the 4 side pipes.

still to do

hook this thing to the side pipes,underside of the car,axels,new wheels,door handels,interrior,front and back windows,engine bay,drive train,damage parts,dummys final check,and skinnign and beta test.

the progression:

image removed due to bandwidth

final resultimage removed due to bandwidth

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:10 PM

Ha! this crap is funny, dudes lets just forget the animations, too confuzing, I will flip the interior for the monaro's and yeah, it would be more real if it could be RHD but that would be a bitch because of the animations, sounds like I am just repeating T-808 tounge.gif .

@T-808: as I said on msn, wow blink.gif beautiful, you are really getting it going, oh by the way, nice wheels, better than zaks biggrin.gif .

=Ch00fA=

GRIM!
  • GRIM!

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:09 PM

yeah looks cool

Neo-K 182
  • Neo-K 182

La Famiglia Di Corleone

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:51 AM

@T-808: calm down dude, i know what animations your talking about. and i still think that with SanAn, animation modifications will be possible, considering how many there are there most likely will be a file we can edit to change those animations so everything works from right hand side. if there are no set editble files for animation then oh well, but with all the animations that SanAn has there most likely will be a file and someone will figureout how to get into it.

T-808
  • T-808

• Feroci
  • United-States

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:11 PM

yeah i hope animations are easy to correct cause frnakly the last thing we need is a mad max shooing gangsta style. work continues but nothign estetic to show yet.

very soon a familar face might be rejoinign the team stay tuned for more details as they araise.

Faulk_Wulf
  • Faulk_Wulf

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:21 PM

I applogize. I did not realize this comment had been brought up alot. And I didn't mean to sound like I was ragging on anyone. It is a damn fine vehicle. I was just curious about the steering wheel and that was all.

Once again, sorry.

Keep up the good work.

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

sarcasm.gif ....

@T-808: I'm thinking C.J. Am I right? tounge.gif

=Ch00fA=

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:51 PM Edited by soul_courageous, 31 May 2005 - 04:13 AM.

I HAVE SUMMUT TA SHOW biggrin.gif
Credit has ta go to augh as its basicily his textures. all ive done is edited them.. Tho I am gonna be re editing them once the car is all mapped

choofa
  • choofa

• Members

Posted 30 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

Hehe dude, I love you biggrin.gif (in a non gay way) those textures are fan f*ckin tastic! biggrin.gif

Newbie41
  • Newbie41

/ -Adio- \

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 June 2005 - 01:04 AM

Im confused is this a mod for vc or sa?

The Professor
  • The Professor

The Man with the Plan

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

I have to admit that I caught this whole project by mistake, as I donít have a damn clue about constructing or even downloading Mods. But I have to say, as a fan of the series and as an artist myself, that all of you are f***ing brilliant! This is an excellent job thus far. The Interceptor is near perfect; and that Mob for Mel isnít too shabby either.

All in all, perfect.

soul_courageous
  • soul_courageous

My sig works TA

• Members

Posted 01 June 2005 - 02:54 PM

newbie3951: Its a mod for SA but we dont have the tools nor the PC version of sa to install them.. so till then they are being converted to VC...

The Professor: He he cheers dude... tho all I do is textures... downloading mods is easy its getting them to work that can sometimes be the problem lol. The mel skin in up for grabs if ya want them Click here ta get them use the player5 model for them tho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users