» «
Photo

Something worth reading

55 replies to this topic
uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:15 PM Edited by uzi 9mm, 21 October 2004 - 06:21 PM.

This is something somebody very wise told me today.

Once you know this you will always be weary when it happens to you anytime from now on.

Ok, so tell me, has there every been a time where something strange has happened? Example.

You're at say, school, or college, your sitting in the class ready to go home and your teacher let's you go but your on the internet, or doing something and you leave two minutes later. You get to the bus stop and you just get the bus. You get to the train station, there's a bit of traffic at the lights before the bus stop, you wait, but an impatient man presses the 'open door' button and you get off without a second thought.

Walk to the platform your train comes at and you don't stop on the way at a shop or anything, you waste no time. Before walking up the stairs to get to the platform you see the time board and it says your train, however the time display isn't on the same board, but up the stairs where everyy one wait. You get up and see it's exactly the same time, you look in the distance and see your train in the distance. You missed it.

Ok, now before you ask what was the point of that, if you've ever seen Final Destination, fate is a thing that is real, and every thing happens for a reason, right? Well I too believe that, not about death getting you and stuff, but about things heppening for a reason.

Maybe the train was gonna crash, or maybe there was a certain somebody on that train that was gonna do something bad to you. Maybe there's someone you're gonna see while waiting for the next train that will determine your future, or someone you will maybe know for the rest of your life. Who knows, that why when something like that happens I'm always weary that something may happen.

It could be anything, many programs where you see someone talking about a person that died in the family, and you usualy hear them say, "if I was just 5 minutes earlier" or "why did I stop and see that, I would have seen them and nothing would have happened.@

It's always 'if only', or just 'if', but have you ever thought it was SUPPOSED to happen. I'm not saying he was supposed to die, but they could have prevented it.

You see, listen to this, fate is like a climbing a mountain. You can take many different routes, but at the end you'll reach the same place, the top. And that why I hate it when dumb peope say, fate is bullsh*t, you can just stop something from happening, like a fortune teller tells you the day of your death, you may think you could prevent it if she said on January 27th you gonna get hit by a car. You'd think now that you know it could be prevented.

It was on the news once, a man and woman survived a plane crash, it crashed in the ocean and they had to swim miles, the pacific ocean it was, they swam for 6 day I think it was. They made it to dry land, only to die in the car they were rescued in. It crashed. It was a man driving, they were starved but were able to walk and didn't need an air ambulance.

Crazy eh?

Anyone who did read this I appreciate (I doubt I would'e read it if someone else posted... colgate.gif ).

So next time something strange happens where you think I could have caught that bus if I ran, think, it was meant to happen, and something now could happen.

Laters.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 October 2004 - 06:21 PM

Very interesting topic, sans the reference to "Final Gory-assed Destination".

I have heard of things like this happening to people I know, especially during the weeks after 9-11.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 October 2004 - 07:05 PM

I strongly believe in fate. Many aspects of my life almost seem to take shape without effort and seemingly it's all interconnected. I could cite hundreds of examples. It's nuts, but I love it. I sit back in wonderment like a child watching christmas lights or something.

Big Slow
  • Big Slow

<3 629

• The Connection

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:12 PM

I do not really believe in fate, I believe it's merely coincidence. There's nothing proving that fate exists, merely speculation. I enjoy the idea that there is a plan for all of us, and we never know what's next, but it can all be pointed out to coincidence as well. But I shall remain to keep an open mind and think it may exist.

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:24 PM

I havent really heard of many storys like this. Apart from one, about my friends uncle. Every weekday, he would cross over a highway to get to his work town. Well this one special day, something happened to him, I think his mum was ill or something, and he didnt go to work.
Apparently, exactly the time he would have been on the motorway, there was an earthquake. Most people of that highway died, and he was lucky enough to of not gone to work for just that one day.

Maybe a coincedence, but maybe not...

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

I havent really heard of many storys like this. Apart from one, about my friends uncle. Every weekday, he would cross over a highway to get to his work town. Well this one special day, something happened to him, I think his mum was ill or something, and he didnt go to work.
Apparently, exactly the time he would have been on the motorway, there was an earthquake. Most people of that highway died, and he was lucky enough to of not gone to work for just that one day.

Maybe a coincedence, but maybe not...

See that's like a good example of what I'm on about.

But if you take note of strange things that happen it's like you think ahead, you could save yourself from something...

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 21 October 2004 - 09:53 PM

Fate is a strange thing which I believe in, its simple cause and effect, examples in my life have been, my Grandad never missed a day off work, ever, he was always working down the Pits, when one day he didn't go in becuase something just felt wrong, he felt sick that he couldn't work that day at all, very very unusual, that day during what would've been his shift, there was a gas explosion, that killed 90+ people, he would of been one of them had he gone in that day.

Another one that happend to me, every Saturday when I was a kid I would go into town at a set time and head back home at the same time (In time for Kick-Off) except one day we decided to go to this out-of-town shopping centre instead, that day at the time we would've been heading back to the Car Park walking past this shop there was a bin in that bin that day at that time was a bomb planted by the IRA, it would've gone off and taken us with it had we gone in to town that day.

And another more recent one and this one was even more fatefull, than the previous examples, was in regards to a text message I sent someone, in it I had said something I felt was right, but at the same time knew it was probably the wrong time to say it, at that time my thumb was above the send button, when for an instant it seemed as everything went double and in one instance I could see myself pressing the send button in the other instance
I could see myself pressing the "C" button to clear it, needless to say I exist in the intance that sent the message and everything started to go pear shaped from there, but here comes the fate part, in the end (like now) its actualy worked out OK for me inlove.gif (long story), so it always makes me wonder what path would my life had taken had I been in the "timeline" that pressed the "C" button, its a very Sliding Doors type situation, probably why I love the film so much, and in a way its also quite Matrix like, Blue Pill, Red Pill, Send Button, Clear Button.

GC

Cowpat
  • Cowpat

web schmeb

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:43 AM

The human mind is geared towards seeing patterns in events and to attach more importance to some events, than others. We tend to take positive events for granted and attach undue importance to negative events (like falling to our death).

The mind also tends to ignore statistical distribution, or rather, is not equipped to gather the information necessary to construct a normal distribution.

In other words we are all whores.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:59 AM

I don't necessarily believe in fate. I think everything is simple cause and effect. There's a quote in the beginning of the Butterfly Effect that says, "Even the flap of a butterfly's wing can cause a tsunomi across the world."

I believe most of the things that do happen, are caused by something smaller, and simply untraceable. I don't think there's a "reason" why things happen, necessarily, just a cause.

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:18 AM

I believe in fate i guess it saved my life from a fire. Me and my dad were sleeping and the house caught fire(woops blush.gif ) and the smoke was everywhere my dad and myself were choking to death, i couldn't walk i was basically knocked out i guess i went into shock. My dad had to carry me (130 lbs) out of the house. That day my sister was suppose to stay but was sick and stayed home. I am glad she stayed at her house becuz all of us would have probably died bored.gif ..

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:44 AM

I love topics like these. Reminds me of movies like the Butterfly Effect, or Donnie Darko.

I can't say I've ever had something like this happen to me, although it does make me think. Excellent story material though.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:34 PM

I was in Greece on holiday. Me and my dad walked along the shore and got to some rocky hills leading up to the road, it looked like a fun climb, so we did. Got quite high now, the beach below us was rocks, not sand, and big ones too, we was about 50 ft high or so, the road was at the top sort of, and there was a pipe coming out of the ground, I kicked it, and loads of wasps started flying out of it. I'm scared of wasps as well, I flinched and fell back but me dad grabbed me by my t-shirt and I was lucky.

We still had the panic of all these wasps. He said ignore them and slowly make your way back down, it was difficult too, we were expecting to come out at the top so didn't think about how hard it would be to get back down. Anyways, I felt releived on ground level and we made our way back.

Also, many times when I cross the road my friend has grabbed me and said 'STOP! You would've got hit there! You idiot!' Damn, they were close times.

And once in my kitchen at about 1:00 am, I tried to cook something but wasn't used to ising the gas and left the gas on, I couldn't even smell it. We were just about to go upstairs (me and my brother) when my dad rushed down and said what are you doing up at this time (I was about 14 then)? But soon smelt the gas and rushed to switch it off. He shouted at me, saying 'didn't you realise the f*cking gas was on?!'

After telling me I could've blown the house up tonight if he didn't come down I couldn't get any sleep that night. cryani.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:42 PM

I believe in fate too. Very interesting topic.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 05:45 PM

I will never ever never ever believe in fate, simple as that, you can through anything at me, I wont change my mind, I wont believe in religion, neither in ghosts or anything that is not logic.

I believe in logic. Everything in this world can be shorten down to an answer. I therefore don't believe that things happen for a reason, as in fate, but I believe things happen because the world works like that.

uzi 9mm's example is good. People, who believe would in this example as you allready said, say that you missed the train of something bad.

Now, if that is so. Why did we had September 11? Huh? Was it a set up by God? So he could sit and enjoy people dying? And then he made sure the USA would attack Iraq?

Seems like God is a kinda cool dude to me, but nonetheless evil.

Things just happen, sometimes strange things happens, like Gareth's example, it just went that way that day.

He was lucky, yes indeed, but fate... no.

Cause all the other 90+ didn't miss job that day, huh?

If you believe in fate, you believe in unfairness and unforgiveness, and I hate such things.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:00 PM

You don't believe in fate wow.gif ? Like you're the only one here who doesn't (I think.)

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:18 PM Edited by uzi 9mm, 22 October 2004 - 06:20 PM.

I will never ever never ever believe in fate, simple as that, you can through anything at me, I wont change my mind, I wont believe in religion, neither in ghosts or anything that is not logic.

I believe in logic. Everything in this world can be shorten down to an answer. I therefore don't believe that things happen for a reason, as in fate, but I believe things happen because the world works like that.

uzi 9mm's example is good. People, who believe would in this example as you allready said, say that you missed the train of something bad.

Now, if that is so. Why did we had September 11? Huh? Was it a set up by God? So he could sit and enjoy people dying? And then he made sure the USA would attack Iraq?

Things just happen, sometimes strange things happens, like Gareth's example, it just went that way that day.

If you believe in fate, you believe in unfairness and unforgiveness, and I hate such things.

God didn't make that happen, because he doesn't make things happen. God created the world, he gave us the one thing he intended to give us, life. Now he sit's back and watches us.

The September 11th all boils down to life after death. The terrorists, the religion they believe that sacrificing their lives will guarantee them a place in Heaven because they're god appreciates it. That's bullsh*t. The only place they're going is hell.

People always say if there's a god why does he let people die?

Why do animals die? We kill them. Animals are the same as us, we are just advanced creatures, mammals(as well as dolphins, and whales). We rule the world, and we are the most dangerous animals in the world. Humans. God didn't make robots to control, just like animals kill other animals. That's why people die and everyone kills each other, this world were living in is corrupt. Everywhere.

I think this is a generation we are all living in that something spectacular will happen and make history and everyone will remember. ph34r.gif

Svip, you don't believe in fate, that is up to you. Maybe one day something wierd will happen and you will have some faith.

Ever thought of something in your head and think, that'll never happen...and it happens. And then you get scared about what you think about. Or deju vu happens a lot more clearer at certain times.

A program I watched about electricity changes the life expectancy of a life form. The real effects of electricity to human beings is unknown. Any one who live in Vegas would know that where some lamp posts are left on forever, leaves of trees that are surrounded by the lights are nice and green all year round while the rest of the trees leaves are affected by the weather at night.

Dasutin
  • Dasutin

Forum Teddy Bear

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:28 PM

Eh, I'll believe it when I see it. I've never really had an experience, or heard of anyone I know have an experience like that. Maybe my city just sucks and everyone's going to hell.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (uzi 9mm @ Oct 22 2004, 20:18)

God didn't make that happen, because he doesn't make things happen. God created the world, he gave us the one thing he intended to give us, life. Now he sit's back and watches us.

The September 11th all boils down to life after death. The terrorists, the religion they believe that sacrificing their lives will guarantee them a place in Heaven because they're god appreciates it. That's bullsh*t. The only place they're going is hell.

Why do animals die? We kill them. Animals are the same as us, we are just advanced creatures, mammals(as well as dolphins, and whales). We rule the world, and we are the most dangerous animals in the world. Humans. God didn't make robots to control, just like animals kill other animals. That's why people die and everyone kills each other, this world were living in is corrupt. Everywhere.

I think this is a generation we are all living in that something spectacular will happen and make history and everyone will remember. ph34r.gif

Svip, you don't believe in fate, that is up to you. Maybe one day something wierd will happen and you will have some faith.

Ever thought of something in your head and think, that'll never happen...and it happens. And then you get scared about what you think about. Or deju vu happens a lot more clearer at certain times.

A program I watched about electricity changes the life expectancy of a life form. The real effects of electricity to human beings is unknown. Any one who live in Vegas would know that where some lamp posts are left on forever, leaves of trees that are surrounded by the lights are nice and green all year round while the rest of the trees leaves are affected by the weather at night.

Arcoding to the bible, God still controls the world.

And you're saying that muslims believe if they kill themself they get in heaven ( their heaven )?

/me spits.

Then you have read your source, only a minorty of muslims thinks that, most muslims wouldn't risk their life for anything. We are talking 1% or lower.

And no, they don't go to hell, neither heaven, they're just gone.

Nothing of you said proved me wrong about saying that believing fate means you believe in unfairness and unforgiveness, cause it still does. Why is that guy than that guy over there? Is that fair that he should survive, and he should not?

And if God doesn't control the world, then what the hell is up with fate?

Oops, you also said that he does control the world, but he let's people die. Well, maybe he is just bored? I mean he must have the most boring job in the world.

It's true that some light bulbs run for a long time, but sooner or later, they will run out. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing.

uzi 9mm
  • uzi 9mm

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Svip @ Oct 22 2004, 18:29)
QUOTE (uzi 9mm @ Oct 22 2004, 20:18)

Arcoding to the bible, God still controls the world.

And you're saying that muslims believe if they kill themself they get in heaven ( their heaven )?

/me spits.

Then you have read your source, only a minorty of muslims thinks that, most muslims wouldn't risk their life for anything. We are talking 1% or lower.

And no, they don't go to hell, neither heaven, they're just gone.

Nothing of you said proved me wrong about saying that believing fate means you believe in unfairness and unforgiveness, cause it still does. Why is that guy than that guy over there? Is that fair that he should survive, and he should not?

And if God doesn't control the world, then what the hell is up with fate?

Oops, you also said that he does control the world, but he let's people die. Well, maybe he is just bored? I mean he must have the most boring job in the world.

It's true that some light bulbs run for a long time, but sooner or later, they will run out. Nothing lasts forever. Nothing.

I didn't say God controls the world I said he created the world. Yes muslims believe if they are sacrificing their lives for the good of Alla they will go to heaven. But most Muslims from countries like UK and US don't follow the religion like those in Afghanistan like terrorists do.

The light bulbs are changed, Vegas is the City that never sleeps, haven't you ever heard that. Obviously the light arn't on in the day, but all night where the bottoms of some branches are the leaves are fresh and green.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:06 PM

This has graduated to a discussion, so...

Moved.

vALKYR
  • vALKYR

The Object of Affection.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:25 PM

Well, this is a intresting topic. I was very impressed by Final Destination, both movies.

It has been proven. 2,5 Seconds of your life, wasted, missed, added or whatever may change your whole life.

It's really *scary*

I know a person ... and the story you might not know. Anyways, this person always used the same bus on his way home. His bus always used a road on which only one house was residing, a house where kids played, he said to me. (by the way, this plays in Austria) Well, he told me, he once thought he saw one of those kids in the city while walking to the busstation not too far away from that. He stopped and looked again, then he walked away. He missed the bus by like 5 seconds, the doors closed. So he waited on the next bus and went home. Though suddenly the bus stopped and turned off the engine, he was reading his newspaper, then he looked out of the window and saw the bus he was supposed to be on had crashed, 8 people died, all those who sat in the back, he said he'd always sit at the back of a bus. Not to mention that if he was 5 seconds earlier he would got in at the back of the bus (and due to the bus being so full, he would have stayed at the back)

After 2 days the police said the bus had crashed because of the kids who sometimes play on the road They left their father's bottle of nails on the road where they were playing when no bus went through, the bottle fell, the bus drove over it, both tires exploded and the bus turned over and crashed into a wall.

He "survived" it because he thought he saw one of those kids who accidently were the reason of the buscrash.

Weird, isn't it ?

-vAL

Vengence
  • Vengence

retired account

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:28 PM

Well everything in life happens for a reason and that story is a great example of it, I've always believed in this kind of stuff. Just think of that the next time something doesn't go your way.

Eviscero
  • Eviscero

Upright and Locked Position

• Members

Posted 22 October 2004 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Oct 22 2004, 03:59)
I don't necessarily believe in fate. I think everything is simple cause and effect. There's a quote in the beginning of the Butterfly Effect that says, "Even the flap of a butterfly's wing can cause a tsunomi across the world."

I believe most of the things that do happen, are caused by something smaller, and simply untraceable. I don't think there's a "reason" why things happen, necessarily, just a cause.

Mind you the butterfly effect is just speculation. It isn't proven and it can't be proven. It's a rather weak theory that's more metaphorical than anything.

Kind of like fate. Can't prove it. It's human nature to want to believe in it though. Even though it's a crock.

Mortukai
  • Mortukai

Merciless Rancor

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:03 AM

Surprisingly (VERY surprisingly), Svip has made the best argument here. But he didn't quite milk it for all it's worth. I'll get to it in a bit. But first:

There is a difference between what some of you think of as fate, and what others of you think of as fate, and what I think of as fate. To me, fate is merely another word for determinism. All things are predestined, nothing can possibly happen that was not always going to happen. Not because of some airy fairy mystical power or consciousness, but because of physical causality.

Now, humans love to attach meaning to things. Everything. We love to believe that somehow we are important, and that the universe revolves around us and the sun shines out our asses. So you miss a bus and then it crashes. WOW! The universe must have PLANNED for you to miss that bus JUST SO YOU WOULDN'T DIE!!!!11!1

Please.

What about all the other people that DID die? Did the universe decide that their death was acceptable in order to send you the message that you are more important than them? So grandpa misses work one day, and 90+ people die. Was his life worth saving above all those other people who didn't miss work? Why didn't they have some voodoo happen to prevent them from going to work? Why didn't all the passengers just happen to miss the bus that crashed?

Thing is, for every one of these stories, there are millions of stories about people who DIDN'T have their lives spared by some random coincidence. We hear about these stories all the time, on the news and sh*t, but we never think "Wow, the universe must have conspired to kill them". People die everyday. One day, you will die too. Maybe you'll leave early for once, and you'll die because of some accident. Or maybe you'll just go on doing the same damn thing, and you'll die because of that too. Leave early, leave late, leave at the same time, it all makes no difference, because you could die doing any one of those things.

The fact that many, many more people die than are "miraculously" saved just shows that it is only a coincidence. If you or someone else was spared because of some random event, sh*t happens. It doesn't mean that the event "happened for a reason". The universe wasn't trying to save you. It wasn't trying to do anything. That's just what ended up happening.

Stop taking freak coincidental occurances and making them out to be huge signs of personal meaning. You don't mean sh*t. Learn to live with that fact and stop thinking that your asshole is a beacon. You aren't being kept alive for some future good and special reason. You just missed a damn bus. People miss buses all the time, and how many of those buses actually crash?

Red pill, blue pill, there's no f*cking difference because you were always going to choose the pill you chose. There is no spoon. There is no meaning. The significance of your actions is all in your head.

Vengence
  • Vengence

retired account

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 08:38 AM

You make interesting points, maybe fate doesn't exist maybe it's all numbers and logic. Maybe the future is set out for us and you can't change it but you like to think you can. Maybe fate is what people made up because they didn't like the logic idea.

All of those above are all "maybe's" No one knows, we can all believe though and I believe in fate not the logic idea.

Svip
  • Svip

I eat babies

• Members

Posted 23 October 2004 - 09:57 AM

QUOTE (Vengence @ Oct 23 2004, 10:38)
You make interesting points, maybe fate doesn't exist maybe it's all numbers and logic. Maybe the future is set out for us and you can't change it but you like to think you can. Maybe fate is what people made up because they didn't like the logic idea.

All of those above are all "maybe's" No one knows, we can all believe though and I believe in fate not the logic idea.

Dude, fate, reglion(sp?), God(s), anything of that type is made by humans, and nobody has ever proven it.

Humans made tons of these because they needed an answer to why everything existed, men asked them: "Why are we here?", "How important am I?", etc.

And then ... since they couldn't find their answer, they made it themself.

So no, fate is just thing some people made up to think of them as being important.

@Mortukai: Thanks for "milking" my points. I'm not that good at English so I try keeping my sentences down, if you understand.

spoof
  • spoof

?

• The Precinct

Posted 24 October 2004 - 12:38 AM

@ all those that believe in fate:

Post your real name, physical address and IP address.

If you truly believe that what will be, will be, then posting such information should have no effect on your overall destiny whatsoever.

Let us see the true believers…………………………

Maybe I’ll skip ahead a few days and merely say – I didn’t think so dozingoff.gif

Asmodeus
  • Asmodeus

Defunct the Strings

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 October 2004 - 05:07 AM

I have a mild belief in fate. I'm not entirely sure on my viewpoint over it and so I can't comment very much.

I think that there is such a thing as fate, but i don't think it controls EVERYTHING in our lives. I think fate has a general idea of what the outcome of our lives will be, and a sort of vague idea of major events, but the rest of it is really up to us and our choices do have something of our own decision in them.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:01 AM

I dont believe in fate, and nothing ever will convince me that there is such a thing as fate. Things happen because something makes it happen. And if fate exists what dictates it, because if nothing dictated fate either nothing would happen EVER (and we all know thats not the case) or we would have free-will and be able to control things (like we do).
What about all the other people that DID die? Did the universe decide that their death was acceptable in order to send you the message that you are more important than them? So grandpa misses work one day, and 90+ people die. Was his life worth saving above all those other people who didn't miss work? Why didn't they have some voodoo happen to prevent them from going to work? Why didn't all the passengers just happen to miss the bus that crashed?

Thats exactly right, when people think that fate saved there ass from some disaster they might be the most scummy person on earth and a saint might be on that bus. And for some reason this imaginary and mystical force that we call fate decided this low-life should survive and a good person should die. Now that doesnt work out, its because something stopped the person in question from getting on the bus, or the train, or that spaceship to the moon.
Humans are egomaniacs, they liek to think that they are the greatest and that they have magical powers that influence the universe and that their life has universal implications. Well wake up and smell the roses, we arent special. There is no meaning of life or fate. Its all because we want to be special. I mean a human lasts for about 80 years on average in western countries, and the universe has existed for billions of years. Why would some divine force decide to jump in and save something so insignificant, and why wouldnt it save everyone.
However everything is going to happen in the same way, nothing can change that, but it is not pre-determined as fate suggests. No matter what everything is going to happen one way, even if you did travel back in time the universe taht you exist in would be exactly the same, but whatever you do when in the past would create a new universe. Well i seem to be rambling so ill make this short. There is no fate and we make our own decisions

Jack_Knife
  • Jack_Knife

we usually take all niggas garments

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 October 2004 - 11:29 AM

QUOTE (vALKYR™ @ Oct 23 2004, 06:25)
It has been proven. 2,5 Seconds of your life, wasted, missed, added or whatever may change your whole life.

How can that be proven? Just because, for instance, you missed the bus, and then the bus crashed, doesn't mean that you would have died if you had have caught it. The simple fact is, you didn't catch that bus, so you can never know. Something like this can never be proven, because it is impossible for us to travel back in time and see if doing something differently would change the future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users