Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 October 2005 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Asswipe @ Oct 7 2005, 00:47)
Hi,

Just a variation on the ' cone crazy ' easy money making theme. I began to find it difficult to finish the callenege with the requered amount of time left to beat my last record.

The trick is to ' push ' some of the cones out of the way before you drive through any of the checkpoints. Bear in mind that this trick will become very time consuming, but will at least see you through the challenge. biggrin.gif

You will quickly learn which way you want to push the cones, and how gently you need to push the cones. I find the following route to be the easiest. When you start the challenge, drive to the wall on your right hand side. Pull up parralel to the wall, so that you are facing the 90 degree ramp in front of you. Drive up the ramp and down the other side. Now go through the checkpoint off to your left hand side. Once through this checkpoint proceed to the next one in the sequence, and from there through the last one.

If, like me, you decide to take this route. You will find it a geat aid to push the cones aside for the last three checkpoints so as to create an almost straight drive to the last checkpoint after coming off the 90 degree ramp. colgate.gif

I hope you will find this a help in completing the challenge. I carried on driving off the other side of the ramp every time i started, because i was
going too fast. I also found it difficult to move the cones at the third checkpoint in the sequence, I continouisly drove through the checkpoint by accident, setting off the timer and messing up the whole thing. angry.gif

As i say, try moving the cones in whatever way suits you best, and YES, patience is required. rahkstar2.gif

Thanks buddy.

I added the info, sourced the post and gave credit to you. I appreciate the help and continued submission of ideas. smile.gif

gtaking23
  • gtaking23

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 October 2005 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Bartleby @ Oct 8 2004, 03:12)
Nicely done, Fuzzy. Pretty good layout, loving the header image. Very nice indeed. smile.gif

same here good job

TheJkWhoSaysNi
  • TheJkWhoSaysNi

Goes into lifts and presses all the floors

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:33 PM

The money guide is wrong.

The trial by dirt and test track money does not double each time (On the PC version at least). I tried it 5 times, and it gives you an extra $1000 each time, not doubling the money.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (TheJkWhoSaysNi @ May 6 2007, 06:33)

The trial by dirt and test track money does not double each time (On the PC version at least). I tried it 5 times, and it gives you an extra $1000 each time, not doubling the money.

I'll have a look at it later.

Most likely answer is that it's a PS2 issue that was corrected upon porting to PC.

Post split off from pinned topic and merged into original - just to keep the pinned topic clean.

WillzyyyGTA
  • WillzyyyGTA

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:10 PM

The best way to gain money is, yeah, vigilanti. biggrin.gif smile.gif colgate.gif tounge.gif alien.gif cool.gif happy.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (TheJkWhoSaysNi @ May 5 2007, 15:33)

In my original post, I said I never verified it (on PS2), whoever told me about the cone crazy thing, said you could do it on trial by dirt and test track too...... if I ever get a chance, I will try and verify it on PS2 though (I have the original US PS2 version)

Time and me are mortal enemies though.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:32 AM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 14 May 2007 - 01:34 AM.

Yeah, I think the cone crazy money trick will work for test track and trial by dirt, although I haven't even tested it as well! biggrin.gif Isn't the Dirtring stadium and the V.C. Endurance racetrack (Sunshine Autos) an easier way also to make money? You like get $50,000 everytime you do it! Oh, the guide mentioned already about doing Vigilante or one of the side-missions, didn't it?

Arni.PL
  • Arni.PL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 November 2007 - 09:22 PM

I'm playing on PS2 and it looks like they repair this glitch also on PS2 (I have NTSC version).
First 6 times it give me 1 second less bonus for each checkpoint? Any idea what's going on?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 December 2007 - 01:38 PM

Looks like it is only on the orginal PS2 version... if you have the greatest hits, double pack, or triple pack version you have the "fixed" version.

It is possible to still max out your money, just very difficult and quite tedious (moving the cones around)-- my best without moving cones is 11 seconds-- I believe you need to get the time down to 6 seconds (beating your record by the minimum each time to max your money)-- this would require you to nudge the cones around with your car prior to starting.

I have the original NTSC version-- your saves aren't compatible with my version either.

Arni.PL
  • Arni.PL

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2007 - 09:06 PM

I got 999.999.999$ now. My time was 7 seconds.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 December 2007 - 10:01 PM

Cool--

If you want to read more about some of the oddities (negative values) of this with some screenies I took, check out the pics I posted in this thread.

http://www.gtaforums.....e crazy&st=20

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users