Posted 19 October 2004 - 09:51 PM

Wow, thanks to adamcs for the pinning. smile.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:46 PM

Another-

Like the Ryton Aide & Tool store hold-ups, you can hold up the chemist Downtown (it's next to the music store- 'Psycho Killer Mission), attain 2 wanted stars, then sprint back towards the Pizza joint into the 'JockSport' store (set back from the road on the grassy area) for a change of clothes, removing the wanted level.
Can be repeated, if the store owner isn't there, come back later.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 October 2004 - 10:40 AM

QUOTE (Naomi72 @ Oct 20 2004, 09:46)
Another-

Like the Ryton Aide & Tool store hold-ups, you can hold up the chemist Downtown (it's next to the music store- 'Psycho Killer Mission), attain 2 wanted stars, then sprint back towards the Pizza joint into the 'JockSport' store (set back from the road on the grassy area) for a change of clothes, removing the wanted level.
Can be repeated, if the store owner isn't there, come back later.

Added to guide. smile.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:26 AM

No problem darl. smile.gif
The music store is called 'Rock City', I used the 'psycho killer' mssion as a location reference because I couldn't remember the store's name at the time.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE (Naomi72 @ Oct 23 2004, 14:26)
No problem darl. smile.gif
The music store is called 'Rock City', I used the 'psycho killer' mssion as a location reference because I couldn't remember the store's name at the time.

Jeez I'm an idiot. I must have just glanced at your post, and I misread it for "Psycho Killer Mansion", not "Psycho Killer mission". blush.gif Anyway, I've fixed it up now. Thanks. smile.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:37 AM

It's okay, I was an idiot earlier.
We'll take turns.
I get to be an idiot next.
Don't be bogartting all the idiocy man! lol.gif

-=Fox=-
  • -=Fox=-

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 November 2004 - 12:55 PM

Nice guide Fuzz, im not far enough in the game yet to know what half these things are but it will probly help as i advance on, nice work.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 November 2004 - 09:33 AM

QUOTE (-=Fox=- @ Nov 1 2004, 23:55)
Nice guide Fuzz, im not far enough in the game yet to know what half these things are but it will probly help as i advance on, nice work.

Thanks man. Glad to see it's coming to good use. smile.gif

chitownmike
  • chitownmike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 December 2004 - 09:39 PM

Great guide, just thought I'd add one of my favorites

At dusk go to the lighthouse at the end of the beach in front of the Ocean Veiw Hotel with the brass knuckels or the bat and beat the living sh*t out of anybody you see, after dark it's all whores pimpe & dealers so if there is a cop around he will usualy turn a blind eye. After you have killed your way to the pier (be carefull not to knock your victim in Tommy can't swim for their money) walk out to the end, apreciate the view and turn around, woo hoo more victims.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 December 2004 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (chitownmike @ Dec 19 2004, 08:39)
Great guide, just thought I'd add one of my favorites

At dusk go to the lighthouse at the end of the beach in front of the Ocean Veiw Hotel with the brass knuckels or the bat and beat the living sh*t out of anybody you see, after dark it's all whores pimpe & dealers so if there is a cop around he will usualy turn a blind eye. After you have killed your way to the pier (be carefull not to knock your victim in Tommy can't swim for their money) walk out to the end, apreciate the view and turn around, woo hoo more victims.

Thanks man. Info added, and credit given. smile.gif

rhinoceros82
  • rhinoceros82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2005 - 06:49 AM

I did the Vigilante missions up to level 150 and got a little over $50 million. Thanks.

rvd_80
  • rvd_80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 09:46 PM

where is el banko grande corrupto or whatever i cant find it since i beat that mission.

oh yeah good guide man

rvd_80
  • rvd_80

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 January 2005 - 11:57 PM

i found the bank but the other 2 thirds of the cash that is supposed to be in the room with the elevator is not there, i tried like six times. whats up with that???

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2005 - 01:47 AM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 30 January 2005 - 01:52 AM.

QUOTE (rvd_80 @ Jan 26 2005, 10:57)
i found the bank but the other 2 thirds of the cash that is supposed to be in the room with the elevator is not there, i tried like six times. whats up with that???

I'm not sure. What platform are you on? I have PS2, so I'll check it out on that. If its wrong, I'll fix up the info in the guide.

PresidentKiller
  • PresidentKiller

Anger Manager

• The Connection
  • Mexico

Posted 11 February 2005 - 10:25 PM

Well, as far as I know, that trick is not good in the PC version, there's no money in the room with the elevator (at El Banco Grande Corrupto).

Wolf68k
  • Wolf68k

always howling

• Members
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Best Contributor [Technology] 2012

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:19 AM

I sort of searched for this in this topic and didn't find anything.

Fuzzy, you forgot the bus driver.
Get a bus and drive around, but some what slowly. When you see someone standing next to a bus stop sign, stop the bus next to them and they will get on the bus. You get $5 or $10, I forget which it might even be more. You don't have to take them any where.

It is easy money, but very little money too.

I know this works on the PC version, I don't know about Xbox or PS2 versions.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:08 PM

Bus thing works on PS2

Chunky Lee Chong
  • Chunky Lee Chong

#f4d1f6

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:39 PM

'Bus Driver' also works on the X-Box.
You make $5 per passenger.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 February 2005 - 07:19 AM

Thanks guys. With the past 3 posts, I've added an accurate assessment of the bus driver trick. Cheers. smile.gif

ohno!notagen
  • ohno!notagen

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 March 2005 - 03:50 PM

Lighthouse Fun: At dusk, make your way to the lighthouse, near the Ocean View Hotel. Make sure you have brass knuckles, or a melee weapon, such as the golfclub or baseball bat. Basically, beat the living sh*t out of anyone and everyone you see. Since you're there while it's dark, there's many PIMPS, whores and drug dealers, which equals money, and lots of it. After you have cleared the pier of all living things, walk away for a bit, then return to the scene. More victims, more money. If you get a wanted level doing this, simply run to a Pay & Spray or save your game at the nearest save house.

A similar trick (PC) ; in north point mall, you can run around pretty much at will beating sh*t outa people with a BB-bat or cops baton. Eventually you may get a wanted star or 2; simplpy run to the clothing store at the south end of the mall, behind the escalators and get a change of clothes. You can even get away with beating up the odd cop or ssecurity guard for their weapons (if you're interrested in pistol ammo).

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (ohno!notagen @ Mar 4 2005, 02:50)
Lighthouse Fun: At dusk, make your way to the lighthouse, near the Ocean View Hotel. Make sure you have brass knuckles, or a melee weapon, such as the golfclub or baseball bat. Basically, beat the living sh*t out of anyone and everyone you see. Since you're there while it's dark, there's many PIMPS, whores and drug dealers, which equals money, and lots of it. After you have cleared the pier of all living things, walk away for a bit, then return to the scene. More victims, more money. If you get a wanted level doing this, simply run to a Pay & Spray or save your game at the nearest save house.

A similar trick (PC) ; in north point mall, you can run around pretty much at will beating sh*t outa people with a BB-bat or cops baton. Eventually you may get a wanted star or 2; simplpy run to the clothing store at the south end of the mall, behind the escalators and get a change of clothes. You can even get away with beating up the odd cop or ssecurity guard for their weapons (if you're interrested in pistol ammo).

Although it's quite similar to a few others, I added it anyway.

Credit given, and topic changed to version 1.3. smile.gif

Simon.
  • Simon.

Gangsta

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2005 - 09:33 AM

In Vice I thought a good way to make money was the Fire missions, at the start it is slow, but once it starts multiplying you get mega money.

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 01 May 2005 - 12:16 PM Edited by Naomi, 01 May 2005 - 12:19 PM.

Hey Fuzzy Juzzy. smile.gif
I thought I'd just repeat this 'Parking Metre' trick in more detail (explained to Warlord page 2) as some may find it difficult to find as it's easy miss.

Heading north from the bikers bar, keep going till you get to VAJ insurance (left) this is where they start (10 in all on right) head down to Mars Cafe, swing around doing a U-turn, then come back slowly (they're easy to miss if driving fast).
Use a bulkier vehicle , there are plenty around, a Kauffman cab is a good choice.
Hit one dead on along the curb (it won't need much force), passing over it, get out & collect the cash, keep repeating this. The cops ignore it, so no wanted level to worry about.
Go around the block & repeat it a many times as you like they'll always be standing & full of cash again.
The amount of cash made varies anywhere between $100 to $1000.

Oh, I'm just 'Naomi' now, so drop the '72' if it's no hassle mate.
Thanks.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2005 - 05:50 AM

G'day Naomi. Long time no see talk... something. tounge.gif

Cheers for all the info you've given me, you've been a real help. smile.gif

Oh, and I changed your name too.

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

My pleasure mate. No problem. Thanks to you for putting this together! smile.gif
Drop around to Z whenever you like for a chat.

ViceCityfan27
  • ViceCityfan27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 04:33 PM

Great guide!!! I'll have to try some of these!!! biggrin.gif

GritSandWiches4Breakfest
  • GritSandWiches4Breakfest

Pimp oF The natioN

• Members

Posted 24 July 2005 - 06:00 PM

Nice guide Fuzzy. I didn't know about the parking meter trick. smile.gif Well organized, too.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:09 AM

QUOTE (ViceCityfan27 @ Jun 14 2005, 02:33)
Great guide!!! I'll have to try some of these!!!  biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GritSandWiches4Breakfest @ Jul 25 2005, 04:00)
Nice guide Fuzzy.  I didn't know about the parking meter trick.  smile.gif   Well organized, too.

Thanks guys.

Updated. I removed all the wacky ASCI characters that were fudging up the guide due to a stuff up in the post parsing (or some other equally technical explanation), and I fixed up a bit of grammar, spelling and broken links.

Asswipe
  • Asswipe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2005 - 02:47 PM

Hi,

Just a variation on the ' cone crazy ' easy money making theme. I began to find it difficult to finish the callenege with the requered amount of time left to beat my last record.

The trick is to ' push ' some of the cones out of the way before you drive through any of the checkpoints. Bear in mind that this trick will become very time consuming, but will at least see you through the challenge. biggrin.gif

You will quickly learn which way you want to push the cones, and how gently you need to push the cones. I find the following route to be the easiest. When you start the challenge, drive to the wall on your right hand side. Pull up parralel to the wall, so that you are facing the 90 degree ramp in front of you. Drive up the ramp and down the other side. Now go through the checkpoint off to your left hand side. Once through this checkpoint proceed to the next one in the sequence, and from there through the last one.

If, like me, you decide to take this route. You will find it a geat aid to push the cones aside for the last three checkpoints so as to create an almost straight drive to the last checkpoint after coming off the 90 degree ramp. colgate.gif

I hope you will find this a help in completing the challenge. I carried on driving off the other side of the ramp every time i started, because i was
going too fast. I also found it difficult to move the cones at the third checkpoint in the sequence, I continouisly drove through the checkpoint by accident, setting off the timer and messing up the whole thing. angry.gif

As i say, try moving the cones in whatever way suits you best, and YES, patience is required. rahkstar2.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users