Photo

How to Make Easy Money

70 replies to this topic
MHH
  • MHH

Consulente Infinito

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:06 AM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 10 June 2006 - 05:45 AM.

[EDIT by Fuzzy] I couldn't see any reason why this deserved pinning over the plethora of other useful guides we have around here, so I've split-off my post and added it to the guides/walkthroughs topic. If you'd still like to add an idea or whatever, feel free to reply to this topic. Thank you.

nice setup there fuzzy.

hopefully this will get a lot of people the help they need with making money.

it could even earned yourself some karma wink.gif

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

Nicely done, Fuzzy. Pretty good layout, loving the header image. Very nice indeed. smile.gif

rallysiim
  • rallysiim

Ghost.

• Members

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:26 AM

if I already didn't have over million dollars ( all by collected from various busnesses) I'd use it, great for new players smile.gif

Dunpeal
  • Dunpeal

Demon Hands

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:42 AM

Damn, thats a cool Guide. I didnt know anything about Parking meters, mite have to go and Do a bunch of this stuff in a sec.
Good Topic.

Pinnage anyone?

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 October 2004 - 11:30 AM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 08 October 2004 - 11:37 AM.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I've already added a few more tips to it. smile.gif

Glad to see it's come to good use already Dunpeal.
wink.gif

Storm.
  • Storm.

RIP Chris

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 October 2004 - 12:03 PM

Nice work, Fuzzy. There were a couple of things there that I didn't know about and it is nicely laid out.

Dennehy
  • Dennehy

*D86

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 October 2004 - 12:16 PM

Pinn0r. Karma +1. Awesome guide dude. It'll come in handy very good.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 08 October 2004 - 01:28 PM Edited by Spuds725, 08 October 2004 - 01:45 PM.

Nice organized guide (and thanks for the acknowledgement in it)

Just to add another way to make money-- (I did not find this but read of it on another board, I didn't believe it worked until I tried it) this one can be done at the start of the game before you do anything else, and it is possible to max your money on PS2, they modified it on PC and Xbox so it is much harder to max your money.

The way it works is that if you beat your record in cone crazy, the prize money doubles each time (the first time you get $200), so each time you repeat it, it doubles, beat it 23 times and you will get over $800,000,000 on the 23rd time (which will max out your money)

Go here to read about it in detail: http://www.gtaforums...0&hl=cone crazy

On PS2,
If you go and do cone crazy, the first time through, collect each checkpoint except the last one, then collect it with 1 second left on the clock. Now repeat it (park the car where you grabbed it, get out and back in to restart. Now get last checkpoint with 2 secs on clock, repeat, 3 secs, 4 secs, etc...

If you beat it by 1 second each time your 23rd time will only be a time of 24 seconds (not hard to do)

On PC/Xbox,
They "fixed" this glitch and what they did was subtract 1 second that you receive for each checkpoint for the first 6 times you do it-- so on XBOX and PC:
Leave 1 sec on your clock when you grab the last checkpoint the first 6 times you do it, now from there, you will then leave 2 secs on clock, 3 secs, 4 secs, etc...

If you do it this way, your 23rd time will be a time of 6 seconds-- this time is possible but you will have to nudge cones around before you start. I have personally done 11 seconds without moving cones (clip here) , and 8 seconds with moving them (I know of another person who got 6 seconds by moving them, so it is possible.

Anyway, even if you don't repeat it 23 times, if you can do it 15 times or so, you should have enough money to finish the game (in style).

EDIT

Just to add, I've read that you use this trick on Trial by dirt and test track and the doubling thing still occurs, but obviously it will take longer on these since they are longer events-- I have never verified these work though so if it doesn't work, don't blame me.

Also, here is the money progression:
$200
$400
$800
$1,600
$3,200
$6,400
$12,800
$25,600
$51,200
$102,400
$204,800
$409,600
$819,200
$1,638,400
$3,276,800
$6,553,600
$13,107,200
$26,214,400
$52,428,800
$104,857,600
$209,715,200
$419,430,400
$838,860,800

Spuds

wantfrieswithat9
  • wantfrieswithat9

They call me Jolly Rancher...

• Members

Posted 08 October 2004 - 03:34 PM

Hey fuzzy, good job

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 October 2004 - 01:45 AM Edited by Fuzzy Juzzy, 09 October 2004 - 02:45 AM.

Wow thanks guys, especially you Spuds. smile.gif All your stuffs been added.

I feel I've done enough changes to make it version 1.1.

EDIT - Stupid typos.
mad.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 October 2004 - 12:40 PM Edited by Spuds725, 10 October 2004 - 12:43 PM.

Just to add, the doubling money trick is supposed to work on "test track" in addition to "trial by dirt" and "cone crazy"-- once again, I've only done it on Cone crazy, so I have not verified the other checkpoint races do this too.

Also, under vigilante section, you can also make pretty good money doing vigilante in the tank. It will take alot longer to max out your money but you can make enough money to finish the game (a million or two) easily by doing it early with the tank (if you don't have all the packages to get the hunter).

A way to get the tank "fairly" early in the game--
You will need to purchase the Hyman condo first as this is the only garage you can purchase that is big enough for the tank. On the mission "Sir Yes sir"-- when you steal the tank, instead of driving it to the garage indicated on the map, drive it to the Hyman condo downtown, reverse the turret and fire to make it go faster, as time is an issue--don't go too fast or you might flip it. When you get to the condo, drive it into the big garage on the left and drive it to the back of the garage, get out and stand at the entrance to the garage. Let it blow up when the timer expires (you will fail the mission and have to redo it). Exit the garage and re-enter and the tank will be healed. Save your game at the condo-- you now have a tank.

Once again, I want to complement you on this guide. I hope one of the mods considers pinning it as it is pretty useful, well organized, and of course that header pic is awesome.

Spuds

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 October 2004 - 09:06 PM

Wow, thanks for the compliment Spuds.

Again, thanks for all the info, it's been added now. smile.gif

warrior of the darkside xxx
  • warrior of the darkside xxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2004 - 05:56 PM

wow thats a damn nice layout man fuzzy

can you make 1 for me ill pay 5$ or something

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2004 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (warrior of the darkside xxx @ Oct 15 2004, 03:56)
wow thats a damn nice layout man fuzzy

can you make 1 for me ill pay 5$ or something

Well thanks.

I'm not sure what you mean by making you one, but I won't charge you anything.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 17 October 2004 - 01:14 AM Edited by Jonny_Tightlips, 17 October 2004 - 01:18 AM.

Thanks for the credit. My bad if you last read this post.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

:O

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 October 2004 - 05:57 AM

This is very helpful. Great work dude.

Naomi
  • Naomi

Predator posing as a house pet

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 October 2004 - 06:37 AM Edited by Naomi72, 17 October 2004 - 06:56 AM.

Thanks for those! Gives me more to try before SA comes out.

Two little things I do (PS2)-

1.Once you've got Diaz's mansion, his gang, now your gang, will fight for you in Little Haiti.
Whenever in the area (eg- to pick up your profits from Kauffman cabs & Printworks), the Haitians will come for you (try to get as many to come for you as possible, making it worth your while), your gang will come out of nowhere & guns will start blazing.
Hang back from the fight, wait till the Haitians are wiped out, then collect their cash & ammo.
It's quite a fair bit of cash just for loitering.
NB- If an ambulance comes to heal the Haitians, they'll be taken down again, but won't have any cash on htem to collect.

2.Cheat-
Get your own gang/girls follow you.
*PS2* O - X - L1 - L1 - R2 - TRIANGLE
*XBOX* B A L L black A A B Y
*PC* FANNYMAGNET
:Code Credit to - Complete GTA VC Guide - Derwent HowardMagazines (Australia)

At Washington Beach, aound the corner street from the Ocean Veiw Hotel , preferably at dusk, you'll get twice as many women attracted to you- Groupy girl, homeless pee stained, shopper old, shopper young, skater & young girl with jeans/vest (most money from her usually).
Stand at the entrance of the alley directly halfway along the sidestreet, they'll come at you from both directions.
Once you've got atleast 15 girls, head down the alleyway & beat them all to death with a baseball bat (Don't, I repeat DON't use the Katana, you'll get up to 4 stars using it!)
You'll get one star (big deal) & girls will still keep coming, jumping the main street cement barrier (bushes are masking it) behind you, usually the skater girl, usually from dawn onwards.
Cops won't come in.
Once you've collected all the cash, wait till the star drops away & repeat as many times as you like!

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:24 AM

Wow thanks Naomi, I added the about the gangs fighting, and gave you relevant credit. I decided to leave out the trick about the girl bashing, because the main aim of the guide was to give ways of making money without the needs for cheating, and thus keeping the 100% achievement possible. I hope you don't mind. turn.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:51 AM Edited by Naomi72, 17 October 2004 - 11:03 AM.

No problem darl.
You're not obliged to give me credit by the way, I'm not that possessive of info sharing anyway. Thankyou though, it's appreciated. smile.gif

As for the 'groupies' cheat, I just threw that in for sh*ts & giggles.
Hey, what can I say, I'm in touch with my anger.

"Naomi72- Beating up innocent by-standers since 2002."

lol.gif

PS- Another sadistic 'groupie' cheat money maker for anyone interested.
Run quickly across any busy road when you have many groupies. Time it so that nothing hits you, but there's the distinct sound of 'Argh!"*thump*.
Turn around. Dead groupies. LOTS of cash. No wanted level.
There's genrally more cash from hit & runs, there must be alot more knocked out of 'em. sneaky2.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:33 AM

QUOTE (Naomi72 @ Oct 17 2004, 18:51)
Another sadistic 'groupie' cheat money maker for anyone interested.
Run quickly across any busy road when you have many groupies. Time it so that nothing hits you, but there's the distinct sound of 'Argh!"*thump*.
Turn around. Dead groupies. LOTS of cash. No wanted level.
There's genrally more cash from hit & runs, there must be alot more knocked out of 'em. sneaky2.gif

Added to the guide. Thanks again Naomi, the guide is getting longer by the day. smile.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:11 AM Edited by Naomi72, 18 October 2004 - 11:35 AM.

No problem. smile.gif
Keep in mnd though it does involve the 'gang/groupie' cheat, so you may not want to include it in the '100%'.

EDIT- Scratch that. Gang chasing Tommy. Ofcourse. I must've jogged your memory eh?
I generally get out on the main road, between the Cherry Popper/Biker bar area, plenty of gang members will spawn there if you're on foot. The traffic is faster. Your gang won't be around. Timing is everything.
It's a challenge, but there's good money to be made from 'playing chicken' & it's star free.

Tommy gang attack #2-
There's a ridiculous number of Tommy's gang constantly spawning @ the boatyard (when picking up your profits), probably the best place to attack them as it's secluded from serious cop attention.

Homeless peds -
in the large backstreet intersection just behind Ocean Veiw Hotel, many homeless will spawn (when on foot). Dead of night is the best time to knock them down for lower cop attention, only go to take advantage of being in the right place at the right time. Not much money to be made if you're going out of your way to get there.

NB-All ped related 'easy money' attacks should only be done with a baseball bat & in a relativly secluded area (0-1 stars). Guns & Katana will draw sometimes 3-4 stars, even in a secluded area.

I'll add more as I remember of them

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (Naomi72 @ Oct 18 2004, 21:11)
No problem. smile.gif
Keep in mnd though it does involve the 'gang/groupie' cheat, so you may not want to include it in the '100%'.

Really? I thought you meant just the normal Haitians and Cubans that spawn on the west island. blush.gif Oh well, the way I wrote it in, you don't need to use a cheat, and it is still a way to make some good fast money. biggrin.gif

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 18 October 2004 - 11:43 AM

I know. I realised when you'd written it up, I slapped my forehead- "Duh! I'm an idiot! I've only done that very thing a dozen times!" lol.gif
Ah well, 2 ways for the price of one. smile.gif
These are more the sort of things you do when you've done just about everything else, or you just want to see how much money can be made out of peds alone, foe personal amusement. tounge2.gif

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

The parking meter thing doesn't work for me. Can someone tell me why?

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:05 PM Edited by Warlord, 18 October 2004 - 04:08 PM.

Edit: Sorry double post. I got the flood control thing so I posted it again.

Warlord.
  • Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:06 PM Edited by Warlord, 18 October 2004 - 04:11 PM.

Edit: I'm really really sorry about the triple post. Something's wrong with my browser and I got the flood control thingy. Really sorry.

Naomi
  • Naomi

• Zaibatsu

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:33 AM

@Warlord.
Not sure if you mean you can't find them or can't get the cash, so I'll cover both (PS2). smile.gif

Okay, so heading north from the bikers bar, keep going till you get to VAJ insurance (left) this is where they start (10 in all) head down to Mars Cafe, swing around, come back slowly (they're easy to miss if driving fast).
Use a bulkier vehicle , there are plenty around, I just used a Kauffman cab.
Hit one dead on along the curb (it won't need much force), passing over it, get out & collect the cash, keep repeating this. The cops ignore it.
Go around the block & repeat it a many times as you like the'yll always be standing again.
Hope that helps.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 06:14 AM

Ok firstly this is a great guide and secondly I won't actually pin it but what I have done is handed this over to adamacs who I am hoping will consider adding it to the "User Submitted Guides and Walkthroughs" Topic which has heaps of guides all merged together. This topic is in the Gameplay sub-forum for your information.

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 19 October 2004 - 01:14 PM

I won't bother merging it.. this seems to be one of the most common problems, so yeh, pinned. Good job btw smile.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 19 October 2004 - 02:00 PM

Thanks Adamcs-- I think this deserves pinning and its a good fit here in that it lists money "tricks" mainly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users