285 replies to this topic
ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 01 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (oinkoink @ Jan 31 2010, 19:45)
CODE
float fSpeedoMultiplier = 3.6f; // Default multiplier to 2.24 (mph)...3.6(kmh)

What you need?
- Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
- DirectX8 SDK
- The good old Speedo-Source
(Yep...I never delete a sourcecode...never...for years!)

Friggin' sweet!

I've been looking for this source forever...

except the link you gave has been dead for like a day. angry.gif

Could you upload to a different host that doesn't suck?

I'll send a basket of cookies.

colgate.gif

JohnMirror
  • JohnMirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2010 - 09:05 PM

The speedometer and the source code can be found at http://spookie.gameoverlay.com/speedo

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 02 February 2010 - 06:05 AM Edited by ghost of delete key, 02 February 2010 - 06:09 AM.

Thanks a bunch! biggrin.gif

Here's your basket of cookies...

user posted image

JohnMirror
  • JohnMirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 February 2010 - 08:56 AM

Thanks smile.gif

I downloaded and installed Visual C++ 2008 and DirectX SDK.
Also I added 2 paths at "Visual C++ directories in the Projects and Solutions section in the Options dialog box" (Include and Library) pointing to DirectX 9 SDK files and replaced "afxres.h" with "windows.h" in code.
After "build" I get speedo.dll 1MB.
If I try to copy the file as d3d8.dll into the Vice City folder gta-vc.exe shows error: "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b). Click on OK to terminate the application".

What should I do...?

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

Group: Morons

• Members

Posted 03 February 2010 - 11:41 PM

I had the same problem recently. I am terribly sorry I do not remember how I solved it sad.gif IIRC, it can be caused by wrong libs, wrong or missing dlls and any other number of things.
I have successfully used MSVC++ 2003 to compile and run this, most other versions gave me a bad headache.

BTW, I have been working on the speedo source a LOT in the past few weeks.
Here's a little teaser wink.gif
user posted image
Note the custom menu moto_whistle.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (grovespaz @ Feb 4 2010, 00:41)

Is that a custom UI system, or an existing one like CEGUI?

JohnMirror
  • JohnMirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE (grovespaz @ Feb 3 2010, 23:41)
I had the same problem recently. I am terribly sorry I do not remember how I solved it sad.gif IIRC, it can be caused by wrong libs, wrong or missing dlls and any other number of things.
I have successfully used MSVC++ 2003 to compile and run this, most other versions gave me a bad headache.

BTW, I have been working on the speedo source a LOT in the past few weeks.
Here's a little teaser wink.gif
user posted image

I tried with Visual Studio 2003. Same problem...

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (JohnMirror @ Feb 4 2010, 16:55)

0xc000007b: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT

Also known as the error indicating the application itself, or a dependent library (your d3d8.dll, or further in the tree) is not a completely valid Win32 PE file. It being one megabyte large might also be an issue, since the correct standard (non-debug) file should not be that size. Also, the project file should directly output a 'd3d8.dll'... it not being the case shows you're using debug mode, which might generate incorrect files for this modification.

Also, try looking through the DLL's dependencies with Dependency Walker to see where the issue might be. smile.gif

JohnMirror
  • JohnMirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:29 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Feb 4 2010, 17:02)
QUOTE (JohnMirror @ Feb 4 2010, 16:55)

0xc000007b: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_FORMAT

Also known as the error indicating the application itself, or a dependent library (your d3d8.dll, or further in the tree) is not a completely valid Win32 PE file. It being one megabyte large might also be an issue, since the correct standard (non-debug) file should not be that size. Also, the project file should directly output a 'd3d8.dll'... it not being the case shows you're using debug mode, which might generate incorrect files for this modification.

Also, try looking through the DLL's dependencies with Dependency Walker to see where the issue might be. smile.gif

Yes, you're right smile.gif
I switched from "debug" to "release" and now it has the same size as the original (409 600) + it works fine.
Thank you.

Now I have to find a way to solve those problems that I mentioned in my first post monocle.gif

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (NTAuthority @ Feb 4 2010, 11:20)
QUOTE (grovespaz @ Feb 4 2010, 00:41)

Is that a custom UI system, or an existing one like CEGUI?

Actually, you are right on the money wink.gif
It's CEGUI alright smile.gif (What tipped you of, the default theme? tounge.gif ) I absolutely love it, and the developers have been really helpful to me whenever I had questions. I meant custom as in my own menu as opposed to a default game (I wasn't planning on coding an entire ui subsystem, I wanted to experiment with VC wink.gif ).

It was a bit of a hassle to get it to play nice with VC, but now that it's working I can imagine all sorts of cool stuff I can do.

I have been working on a in-game memory hacker/explorer, and I have been trying to hook certain game functions, with varying levels of success and failure sigh.gif

NTAuthority
  • NTAuthority

member_title

• The Yardies
  • European-Union

Posted 04 February 2010 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (grovespaz @ Feb 4 2010, 18:41)
It's CEGUI alright smile.gif (What tipped you of, the default theme? tounge.gif )

Nah, never knew that was CEGUI's default theme, it's just the most well-known UI library (and the odd mouse cursor looks like it's from CEGUI) tounge.gif

I absolutely love it, and the developers have been really helpful to me whenever I had questions. I meant custom as in my own menu as opposed to a default game

I also like CEGUI for debugging stuff where you already need a mouse; for menus in the game itself I prefer manual position compatible with gamepads and stuff (yes, you could make CEGUI compatible with gamepads... it's a bit unhandy). tounge.gif And yes, I know that's what you meant with 'custom'. smile.gif

(I wasn't planning on coding an entire ui subsystem, I wanted to experiment with VC wink.gif ).

reuse rocks. tounge.gif

It was a bit of a hassle to get it to play nice with VC, but now that it's working I can imagine all sorts of cool stuff I can do.

I remember hacking around a lot to get it to work correctly with SA, so I can imagine that. I also need to re-implement CEGUI for Citizen for debugging stuff, having an actual mouse-controlled UI for development of missions can help a lot, as R* North finally found out for GTA4 tounge.gif

I have been working on a in-game memory hacker/explorer, and I have been trying to hook certain game functions, with varying levels of success and failure sigh.gif

In-game? What if you do something wrong and it crashes, that'd be a bit odd, right? tounge.gif

@JohnMirror: glad it's working now. smile.gif

grovespaz
  • grovespaz

• Members

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:14 PM Edited by grovespaz, 04 February 2010 - 11:28 PM.

QUOTE (NTAuthority)

I also like CEGUI for debugging stuff where you already need a mouse; for menus in the game itself I prefer manual position compatible with gamepads and stuff (yes, you could make CEGUI compatible with gamepads... it's a bit unhandy). tounge.gif And yes, I know that's what you meant with 'custom'. smile.gif

Well, I have not tried gamepads myself, but the varying input injection methods of CEGUI make it relatively easy to get that done, I imagine smile.gif

QUOTE (NTAuthority)

reuse rocks. tounge.gif

Absolutely, I could not agree more.

QUOTE (NTAuthority)

I remember hacking around a lot to get it to work correctly with SA, so I can imagine that. I also need to re-implement CEGUI for Citizen for debugging stuff, having an actual mouse-controlled UI for development of missions can help a lot, as R* North finally found out for GTA4 tounge.gif

Hehehe, true that! I was thinking about some sort of mission editor as well, but that's all long term. wink.gif

QUOTE (NTAuthority)

In-game? What if you do something wrong and it crashes, that'd be a bit odd, right? tounge.gif

Well, I run VC in windowed mode, I can move the mouse from in VC to my debug windows outside and back, so crashes are not that much of a problem smile.gif
I have been creating some basic Actor and Car classes, which are easy to use in C++. Complete awesomeness would of course be threaded missions and such from my dll. There are just so many possibilities now that I do not know where to begin blush.gif
Another idea I had was making a step-by-step (aka instruction-by-instruction) debugger for the SCM script. I have already hooked the opcode interpreter, so pausing it at certain points should not be a big problem if all things work out.
EDIT!I just made a part of what I described!
Check the VC Memory addresses thread for a video biggrin.gif

JohnMirror
  • JohnMirror

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2010 - 04:45 PM Edited by JohnMirror, 02 May 2010 - 03:22 PM.

I modified the code so in speedo.cfg you can set directly mph or kph.
When you set "kph" the background image with KPH is shown.

You can find the source code here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?onmz2jy1tmn

And the compiled dll here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ylzzwtmztyz

2 questions:
1. Does anybody know what font did Spooky used for text in background image...?
2. Because I tested the code so many times I noticed a problem: when the radio starts (when you enter in a car) or when you change the radio station, the speedometer disappears. How can I solve this...?

Oh, and it does not work with RC plane. It's probably from the game...

Thank you in advance for any reply.

ManUthps
  • ManUthps

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 February 2010 - 01:49 PM

hi,

ive included the dx8 files and the d3dx8.lib file, but now my Visual Studio 2008 says me by building this file "GTA.obj can not open" what ive done wrong?
i hope someone can help me sad.gif

CaeziumH
  • CaeziumH

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

ermm.. It seems like that spookie's website is down.. so I would appreciate if anyone would reupload the source.
Thx in adv.

gta.bullet
  • gta.bullet

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2013 - 01:16 PM Edited by gta.bullet, 22 April 2013 - 01:23 PM.

http://web.archive.o...films.com/mods/

anybody have these files including this mod?

and also need this too: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=299858

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users