Photo

[WIP] MI Train

176 replies to this topic
Taekwon-joe
  • Taekwon-joe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 09:28 AM

Looks GREAT!! but about scripting the thing. Wouldnt it be almost impossible to script it because there is nothing in vc to base it on?

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

About extruding the walls, I allready did that, and I will post new post as soon as i make the changes ppl mentioned,
And with the scripting, i read that someone knows how to do it 100%, in this topic, plus it wouldnt be hard to take a glipms at the gta3 script, btw the the GTA: Liberty City mod for vc have the train in it??

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 10:18 AM

But this mods goin to san an anyway so there will be somethin to base it on then.

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

I created a new train, looks exactly the same, although i started from scratch, the walls are now thicker, also changed the seats and windows. Any more suggestions?

user posted image

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:37 AM

you shouldnt need to model the door leading to the next carriage just use a box with a texture that looks like the rubber bit and you dont need to extrude the walls on the whole model because imo only 1 part of it should be accesible therefore just the shell with textures would do the rest of the train, also i reckon you should be able to see out not in so maybe do the window texs again. apart from that lookin a lot better.

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:50 AM

but then, if i remove the door and put the rubber in, they will be able to get to the other carriage, which im suppsed to remove the interieor from?? and i was thinking, instead of making it like in gta3 that u press enter to get in the train, just make the train go by itself and when it stops u should be able to go in by urself and walk around inside and if u want to drive go up to the drivers compartment and then press enter so maybe only one other carriage should have the interior, the one at the front.

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:01 PM

if u remove the door u can put a door texture there so u wanot be able to get to the other carriges and if u make anymore interiors it will be to high poly so if u want to get to the drivers cabin then maybe model the front cab as the interior, and i agree with you that u should be able to go in and walk around inside.

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

allright then i will get rid of the other interiors and just leave the first one, here is the new rubber joiner thingy

user posted image

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 01:23 PM Edited by rodzynator, 29 April 2005 - 01:25 PM.

It is now near completion and is 1050 poly's

Would I be able to add light to it using 2dfx??
happy.gif
user posted image

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 29 April 2005 - 06:41 PM

damn that looks like some spaced aged sh*t. good job colgate.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:01 PM

Wow, excellent work I must say. Now, you should be able to add 2dfx if we use this in vice and set it as an object. Kind of like a lamppost object which moves. Now, when this gits to SA, you WILL ba able to add 2dfx and even drive the train smile.gif

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:57 PM

But if I make it an object will the doors still be albe to open?, I wanted it to be like this, the train goes aaround the tracks just like a car and it stops on all the stops, when it stops the doors open and u can walk in youself, not press enter and the character walks in byhimself, then you can walk around inside and walk up to the drivers place and then press enter to drive. eg tab button could open the doors when you are driving.
What do you think?
PS. how do cars have lights then? and you can still drive them around, wont this be possible with a train? bored.gif

Stefaan
  • Stefaan

Revolutionary

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:17 AM

Tone down the size of that nose and round it off more. I'm guessing you're having a stab at the jap trains (shinkansen), but i don't really think it would fit into the theme..

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 30 April 2005 - 09:01 AM Edited by Snow Racer, 30 April 2005 - 09:20 AM.

why the f0x0rs people start to model something without discussing with council or someone else?

theres also no point about making "train" in MI cuz we must fill 1st island and wait for sa... then wait for sa tools... so theres no hurry... better make/think of track layout

QUOTE (Stef)
Snow Racer's monorail was and is a lot better.

ow yeah
Snow Racer searching for files

[link]

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:17 PM

I just felt like making it and i dont care if you use it in the game or not, i had fun making it anyway, plus there was a train in gta3 do why do you want to wait for sa?? cant u just put it in vc? it can be done. you wanna know whay people make models before discussing with the council or someone else? coz u sed so ur self "show us your modelling skills before you request a lot"
consider this as requesting a lot.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2005 - 12:43 PM

No matter which of them we finally use (both look good), there are some technical things to take care of. The lower part of the vehicle, that embraces the tracks, has to be much wider, and leave enough space to not let the vehicle collide with the tracks in curves.

user posted image user posted image

Also, these "rubber joiner thingies" aren't used for monorails, at least not that large. As mentioned before, a great source of information is monorails.org (see EMS Maglev type).

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:27 PM Edited by rodzynator, 30 April 2005 - 01:43 PM.

But I didnt want to make a maglev, but a normal one with weels so it wouldnt "crash with the tracks, but it would "hug" them all the time with the weels which are also placed to the sides of the track

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:15 PM

so you are goin to make wheels on the side of the track all the way round?

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 02:19 AM

Please people, do not make anything to do with the train until the Myriad Council approves a route for the track, and that will likely be a while, because we need to know where we can and can't go on the islands as to not interfere with the buildings there, we also need all 4 islands ready to go so we can finalise the plans for the track and build it, no point making a track that goes on a homemade route that ends up no-where.
And it would be better if people didn't just start making stuff because they feel like it, the train will need to be co-ordinated well, with a person or small team working on it.
Anyway I prefer SnowRacers monorail to the others shown, it looks the most realistic so far.

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 10:57 AM Edited by rodzynator, 01 May 2005 - 11:27 AM.

To Blatent:
No! The wheels are not on the tracks but on the train underneath it.

To JasonB:
That is why before i asked if i could become the co-ordinator of the whole train thing, and the models where to prove myself as a moddeler

PLUS
I also made a new model anyway biggrin.gif
anymore comments anyone?
user posted image
user posted image

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 01 May 2005 - 06:32 PM

Well either way the wheels will not be needed and if you think it looks out of place then make little boxes to represent the electromagnets that steve showed in his pic. and the new train looks better than the old one but the bottom rail runners need to come up more on the z axis i think and have u hacked in to my comp to get those doors ph34r.gif

@snow racer maybe your train could do with three carriages and better texs.

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 11:33 AM Edited by rodzynator, 02 May 2005 - 11:35 AM.

what do you mean the bottom rail runners need to come up more, could you draw it on one of the pictures and post it back? and no i didnt hack into your computer to steal the doors they're just black and white rectangles

Skincat
  • Skincat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:00 PM

What about something like this

user posted image

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:02 PM

like this:-

user posted image

Skincat
  • Skincat

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2005 - 04:08 PM

YES !!! biggrin.gif

rodzynator
  • rodzynator

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 01:19 PM

@Blatent Do you just mean they need to be shorter? If so i dont think so because they are meant to cover the whole rail which is a bit tall have a look at the pic skincat posted.

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 03 May 2005 - 07:42 PM

then it will just look stupid like the rail in skincat's pic and i said on the z axis because thats what it is and if you wanted me to say shorter i would of had to say shorter in height or length not just shorter

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users