Photo

[WIP] MI Train

176 replies to this topic
Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:41 PM

Yes, but I was so damn determined it could have been possible if I would have had some support with the damn thing, but instead everyone rejected everything I did with hateful comments, and alot of people still do *cough*Opius*cough*

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (Run down that guy!! @ Sep 27 2004, 04:17)
Meh, this is what makes me mad, I was determined to have a train in myriad not too long ago, now sombody more important posts the idea and everyone wants to do it, just goes to show you how people are respected around here.

That's because you have a history of shooting WAY above your level. Remember when you reserved OVER TEN LOTS for Myriad then did jack all with them?

Reputation is EVERYTHING. Reputation is what makes this mod different. Reputation is the reason this got off the ground, as apposed to the hundreds of TCs that have crashed and burned before it. You do not have a good reputation.

jaanis
  • jaanis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Sep 26 2004, 18:45)
Reputation is EVERYTHING. Reputation is what makes this mod different. Reputation is the reason this got off the ground, as apposed to the hundreds of TCs that have crashed and burned before it. You do not have a good reputation.[/color]

ahh i hope that what i'm telling will not happen, but it seems that last week nothing really new has happened, and this tc's forums is alomst dead. i think that if this tc ever gets done, then the year might be 2006/7/8 or more. youre just too slow. bad huh. videopoker_yawn.gif a moment i really believed that this mod will go but now it look like its dying.

for example:
AN INSTALLER IS IN PROGRESS! DO NOT ASK ABOUT IT!
for real? mo real progress shown. the job packed in a folder somewhere in austrailia... Your tc dies... cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 September 2004 - 07:39 PM

Just because you cannot see the progress doesnt actually mean that nothing is been worked on or does it? No it doesnt.......

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:20 PM

It's true. Myriad is being worked on all the time. Actually posting progress is rare, because people prefer to post pictures or whatever when they reach a certain level of completion, and that's fine. There's actually lots of progress going on right now, discussions about the trains, sewers, Necrosis, the next island & its mountain.

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2004 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (jaanis @ Sep 26 2004, 19:24)
Reputation is EVERYTHING. Reputation is what makes this mod different. Reputation is the reason this got off the ground, as apposed to the hundreds of TCs that have crashed and burned before it. You do not have a good reputation.[/color]

ahh i hope that what i'm telling will not happen, but it seems that last week nothing really new has happened, and this tc's forums is alomst dead. i think that if this tc ever gets done, then the year might be 2006/7/8 or more. youre just too slow. bad huh. videopoker_yawn.gif a moment i really believed that this mod will go but now it look like its dying.

for example:
for real? mo real progress shown. the job packed in a folder somewhere in austrailia... Your tc dies... cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

NOTHING HAPPENED LAST WEEK.............F*CK YOU i released an alpha but just like every other F*cking leach around here you probably downloaded it and didn't even post anything to say thanks, F*CK YOU, YOU LAZY TW*T its attitudes like your's that make me want to give up, BURN BITCH BURN....... NOW F.O.A.D.

PatrickW
  • PatrickW

GTA Juggernaut

• Netherlands

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 26 2004, 19:23)
I meant a train would look bad if they tried to create a similar one to the one in GTA3 where it winds through the city. That wouldnt fit the MI theme imo because there is no real set layout where one could go. If we do have one I think it would be best suited to an offshore type thing or something away from teh main focus of the city. Also who is going to volunteer to make this even if it did go ahead?

I will be available for support in the scm department....

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

I train going through Black Mesa would look nice, but no where else.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:52 PM

Yea, kill him, Gforce! biggrin.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 09:56 PM

I just read all that sh*t about what jaanis said, and MI has slowed down, it seems, but far from dead.

The Beta version, IMO, is not is actual progress. We need to get every file, the final release, and Package it up and make one big ass install script, but it hasn't happened yet. Quite possibly, Rk and I can see if we could do it. It wouldn't be that hard to do.. but then again, it could.

BTW, stfu jaanis, quit your bitchin.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:09 AM

Erm, yea, MI just looks like it slowed down on the surface, but underneath, it's moving along. Bare in mind REspawn and I are working on massive new islands, and Steve is doing a sewer system as well as coding most of the website. Until at least three of the above are finished, the installer is on hold. An installer for what exists now would be practically counterproductive considering all of that would have to be wiped to be compatible with the new islands.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Sep 27 2004, 04:00)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 26 2004, 19:23)
Also who is going to volunteer to make this even if it did go ahead?

me? or some1 else?

Id gladly do it.
And to everyone bitching about MI or anything else STFU, this topic isnt for you complaining about no-one listening and the so called "lack of progress", RDTG when you tried to make a subway you ripped the objects from GTA3 and shoved them in MI, and you did nothing with your dozen or so lots.
And about this lack of progress, I work on my lots almost everyday for atleast an hour, perfecting and adding new features to make it better, and I for one dont like to post screenshots, I only like releasing things when they are done. Im sure there are lots of other people that prefer to do it liek that as well so stop your bitching, sit down, shutup and wait and stop spamming the topic, this is for the discussion of a train line for myriad

Rockstar Rox0rs
  • Rockstar Rox0rs

Ferrarisexual

• Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:39 AM

Hey if you put a train in myriad and perhaps a big boat/tanker moving around, i'd pay money for it biggrin.gif

Once this is all done and you have a "Final" version, you could sell it, seriously.

Trains + Boats + Myriads amazing lots and features = best GTA Mod ever inlove.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:09 AM

For the monorail i was thinking of something like this:
user posted image
Or the MagLev, Both would be good

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 09:59 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 27 September 2004 - 10:05 AM.

QUOTE (BCspeed34 @ Sep 27 2004, 06:09)
For the monorail i was thinking of something like this:
user posted image
Or the MagLev, Both would be good

And if you put it over the roads, it won't interfere with anything, except the stations of course (and I hope you all knew this already). blush.gif And Opius can write the 'spath1.dat' file.

I think this would look just great.

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:04 PM

Yeah a monorail is the best thing to do but a magnetic futurist train would look great also tounge.gif ... But how could we get into the train in the staitions? Does VC soppurt this? smile.gif
And Btw jaanis stfu i don't see you doing anything to speed up myriad so just shut ur mouth and die suicidal.gif ...
biggrin.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 27 September 2004 - 05:30 PM

QUOTE (joaodsousabio @ Sep 27 2004, 19:04)
Yeah a monorail is the best thing to do but a magnetic futurist train would look great also tounge.gif ... But how could we get into the train in the staitions? Does VC soppurt this? smile.gif
And Btw jaanis stfu i don't see you doing anything to speed up myriad so just shut ur mouth and die suicidal.gif ...
biggrin.gif

Yes.

look in LC forum

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:48 PM Edited by Blatent, 27 September 2004 - 10:19 PM.

for example:

jeanis do you even know what your talking about the mod died down on the buildings side but f*ckall else, so that really does say to me and probably everybody else on the forums that your just a downloader and f*ckall else so do us all a favour and f*ck off spamming up decent topics with off topic sh*t. and if you want to know whats happened in the past week there has been wip updates in the ppt topic gforce released a f*cking awsome lot and i think we would all say that mista g has been working hard on his jeep, OH AND BTW respawn, opius and illy have probably been working hard behind the scenes on black mesa and necrosis islands.

now back on topic.

myriad should definately have a monorail system on it instead of a train system, sr has a tunnel in progress and stevie has a sewer system in the works which makes way for an above ground monorail system IMO.

guys sorry for the big ass post but jeanis pissed me off biggrin.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 04:44 AM

QUOTE (Blatent @ Sep 27 2004, 13:48)

for example:

jeanis do you even know what your talking about the mod died down on the buildings side but f*ckall else, so that really does say to me and probably everybody else on the forums that your just a downloader and f*ckall else so do us all a favour and f*ck off spamming up decent topics with off topic sh*t. and if you want to know whats happened in the past week there has been wip updates in the ppt topic gforce released a f*cking awsome lot and i think we would all say that mista g has been working hard on his jeep, OH AND BTW respawn, opius and illy have probably been working hard behind the scenes on black mesa and necrosis islands.

now back on topic.

myriad should definately have a monorail system on it instead of a train system, sr has a tunnel in progress and stevie has a sewer system in the works which makes way for an above ground monorail system IMO.

guys sorry for the big ass post but jeanis pissed me off biggrin.gif

Opius isn't helping that I know of. But he is, of course, Teh God.

Oh, and illy and Resp00n aren't the only ones making islands. wink.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:04 AM

The result of extreme boredom I created a 5 minute map of a possible route for trains:
user posted image
the red indicates a place where a station could go, they are both on opposite ends of the CBD type thing so a lot of people would need to get off there, the purple indicates a possible place for a subway line and the blue which mainly follows the roads is a monorail line, the monorail would be more difficult than a subway because it would interfere with peoples lots moreso than a subway, but IMO it would look better and more profesional.
And since nearly everyone is in favpur of this idea i think it is safe to say we will be having a mass transit system in this fair city smile.gif
And so does anyone else want to tackle this project because I want to, and AFAIK im the only person who has actually volunteered am I going to do it if it gets approved

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 05:27 AM Edited by Blatent, 28 September 2004 - 05:34 AM.

QUOTE (Decay @ Sep 28 2004, 04:44)

Oh, and illy and Resp00n aren't the only ones making islands.  wink.gif

soz missed out barton and gt1 suicidal.gif and jason cool map but imo i thin the monorail station would be better on a four lane road than a two lane one but the train route is cool i would also be interseted in helping make the monorail (which i already started a quick one to see what it would look like in game) nnothing official or special about it tho its just a rail line really

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:30 AM

QUOTE (Blatent @ Sep 27 2004, 23:27)
QUOTE (Decay @ Sep 28 2004, 04:44)

Oh, and illy and Resp00n aren't the only ones making islands.  wink.gif

soz missed out barton and gt1 suicidal.gif and jason cool map but imo i thin the monorail station would be better on a four lane road than a two lane one but the train route is cool i would also be interseted in helping make the monorail (which i already started a quick one to see what it would look like in game) nnothing official or special about it tho its just a rail line really

No It was a ..... N/m. Just forget about it. confused.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 06:51 AM Edited by JasonB, 28 September 2004 - 10:06 AM.

QUOTE (Blatent @ Sep 28 2004, 15:27)
and jason cool map but imo i thin the monorail station would be better on a four lane road than a two lane one but the train route is cool i would also be interseted in helping make the monorail (which i already started a quick one to see what it would look like in game) nnothing official or special about it tho its just a rail line really

I was going to make the monorail circle the eastern side of the island but then I thought taht the monorail woudl be more useful if it went into the heart of the CBD as most people woudl be using it to get there. Regarding the little test you did what actually is it at the moment?
EDIT: After having to reinstall myraid (again, bout the 4th time I believe) I have started making a mini-test monorail. I have a few questions, are we having 1 or 2 tracks. IMO we should have 2, a standard track and an express track which only stops at half the stations. What do you peoples think?
Secondly should the support poles be in the middle of the road or at the edge of the sidewalk. The road way wont interfere with properties but idiotic AI drivers may run into them. Discuss please smile.gif

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:10 AM

I think one on the side of the road would be better for a single track but if it a duel track in the center purely for easy access for each track

but you don't have to listen to me colgate.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

QUOTE (holdenrulz @ Sep 28 2004, 20:10)
but you don't have to listen to me colgate.gif

Dont say that, every opinion is valid and helpful. ATM im testing a double track with pylons in the centre of the road

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:05 AM

I'd help out any way I can.
I am kinda hoping for the following (Bringing back GTA1 favs)
Theft of Train where the player could control the speed of the train even if it is only a few different speeds mentioned in the scm.

2 Trains running the track so if player spees up the train it could potentially cause a derailment.

Peds boarding train.

Etc

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:41 AM

JasonB, please don't start on anything yet - we're still discussing things via MSN etc.

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Sep 28 2004, 21:41)
JasonB, please don't start on anything yet - we're still discussing things via MSN etc.

ATM im mainly only brainstorming and seeing what would work, nothing taht could even be considered serious or even screenshot worthy. Pretty much im gathering info now so in the event taht it does get approved I and anyone else willing to help can make a start on it ASAP

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 28 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

i personaly think the support beams should go to the isdes couse in vc teh ai isent too bright biggrin.gif . but-you can have train stops alongside buildings,well teh tall ones at least. you could have it go by the side of say, odies skyline so then you dont even need a new building or take up ground space. or you could have it go inbetween 2 building and have the station hanging in between them. well just ideas...

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 28 September 2004 - 10:43 PM

Hey so did anyone like the Monorail pic i posted?, Cuz if so i can get a whole bunch of pics of it. Its from seattle, and so am I.

@JasonB I dont like that layout, it would go straight thru my Boardwalk tounge.gif ,

@everyone, Would a monorail over the streets be good?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users