Photo

[WIP] MI Train

176 replies to this topic
Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:05 AM Edited by Snow Racer, 25 September 2004 - 09:49 AM.

1) What kind of train?
2) what kind of path will be?
3) What kind of stations we must create?
4) and i think that train path must be not ground (in current island)... hover like in gta3?

discuss

_Mike_
  • _Mike_

in a 4G63

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:27 AM

my suggestions:
- train like the one in GTA3, that one doesn't have any big
flaws;
- Agree about the elevated version(although it would be fun to see the tarin crash at full speed into cars and send them flying devil.gif );
- If it would be possible to take a train( for a fee) up to the top of the mountain on Illspirit's island when it's released;
- also the train to be implemented in Necrosis Island(if REspawn agrees).
These are just my ideas...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:44 AM

Would it be fitting to Myriad, the original thing wasnt to have a train either was it? A train around the city would look bad imo, im not sure how a offshore monorail would go but it would just appear to be stuck there. Im not sure about the train idea atm and we are gonna have the sewer also so.......
But thats my opinion so everyones are welcome.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:47 AM

I am really hoping too that a train will be developed, and i would think if it will be off-ground we could have a good monorail. or a magnet train. But if it will be on the ground, a freight train would be excellent biggrin.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:54 AM

I definately think we should have a train, personally I am in favor of either a subway or elevated train track, having it go throught he city would be better but there are quite a few obstructions, so an offshore monorail might work better. I dont think a freight train would be very good, because there arent too many industrial buildings ATM and they should all be concentrated in the one place so a freight train could be kindof pointless. If we do decide a train is a good idea than someone should be appointed train coordinator, similar to how Steve is the sewer coordinator. I for one, volunteer

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:09 AM Edited by Blatent, 25 September 2004 - 10:12 AM.

i think we should have a monorail type of train that goes round the edge of the islands, from the furthest piont on all three islands, it should be elevated and one of the stations could be a central station type, and yes there should definately be a train co-ordinator, or even better illy could make a monorail already part of his next islands so that it would travel through the city then it would go round the edge of myriad and necrosis, like gta 3, that would be so coool.
maybe the base of the train could be positioned like gt1's streetlighting.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:13 AM

And I thought I'd never see a train in Vice.
The Idea does sound awesome, and should be like in gta3, but since the first island isn't that big, the best would be to fit a train on Necrosis or Black Mesa.

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:22 AM

Well...
A train going around the city wouldn't IMO look good...

But a "train" to the mountain would look good.

Something like that maybe?
user posted image

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:08 AM

We will have to wait for SA PC anyway to get a train working properly, so there's still plenty of time to collect ideas. It might be good to see how trains are organized in SA to get some inspiration. There will be the SF cable cars and the LS Brown Streak, and maybe another type of train in LV we don't know yet.

IMO, a high-tech magnetic monorail would be cool. At least on the first island it could go on elevated tracks like in GTA3, but since the northern islands are quite hilly, it could go in air, on ground and through tunnels without a gradient, what would be quite nice.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:26 AM

Actually Steve, if you check GTA:LC/Proof Of Concept video in PPT, you can get trains/ferries/monorails etc. working just as well as GTA3's trains.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 06:30 PM

I think that we should think about the actual train line first. If we set it up like your regular inter-city train (not a monorail or maglev or any other freaky sh*t), then we can run pretty much any sort of train we like on it - high-speed passenger, low-speed, freight... anything. Maybe we can do some mission-specific ones, or maybe even run several different types of trains?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:29 PM

I'd prefer a subway. It consumes far far less land space, and if we assume there's no lighting in the tunnel, we can just use black square piping for most of it. i.e. zero labor.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Sep 25 2004, 21:29)
I'd prefer a subway. It consumes far far less land space, and if we assume there's no lighting in the tunnel, we can just use black square piping for most of it. i.e. zero labor.

But that defeats the object, doesn't it? confused.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:08 PM

That keeps our butts out of the fryer.

$kyline
  • $kyline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:20 PM

i think there should be a train the runs on the ground like in real life confused.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:21 PM

They have subways in real life too.

$kyline
  • $kyline

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:23 PM

a subway would be great to have in Myriad too biggrin.gif

Blatent
  • Blatent

complete noob

• Members

Posted 25 September 2004 - 11:38 PM

how about we just have both!

monorail above ground /train underground ph34r.gif ph34r.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:23 AM

I think I may have an alternative to a subway. Needs discussion though.

If we're going to do an above ground railway, it needs to be non-intrusive. This is why I suggested an off-shore maglev railway. We can extend the station out to meet the rail, instead of bringing the rail in towards the station. However, in it's current state, Necrosis Island is too close to the south border of the game to go around, so it would have to go under or over it.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 12:38 AM

Remember this is in New Jersey. Not exactly the techno-troplis of the USA.

KoRnholio8
  • KoRnholio8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:08 AM

what about merging together the sewer sytem and the underground railway? (with some extra passages)...

one cool idea would aslo be: having a road tunnel and the subway running besides it for some lenght? (maybe between islands)

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 September 2004 - 10:26 AM

QUOTE (KoRnholio8 @ Sep 26 2004, 12:08)
having a road tunnel

allready in progress

_RicH_
  • _RicH_

its fun, we get to play with knifes

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:02 AM

maybe just a small elevated (monorail?) system above ground that crosses between islands.

no point in having one for just the one island cus its not realy big enough.

how far apart are the islands anyway? how about a drive-on ferry???

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:27 AM

a monorail similar to the one in "Riven" would be good, goes into the sea and out again through a glass tunnel

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 11:33 AM

I would go for an out to sea monorail having the stations extend to the land although I was hoping for ground. And if the sea has a floorbed I would also go fo having a dip and going through an underwater tunnel that would meet somes subway Idea.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 26 September 2004 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 25 2004, 09:44)
A train around the city would look bad

How about underground...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 September 2004 - 05:23 PM

I meant a train would look bad if they tried to create a similar one to the one in GTA3 where it winds through the city. That wouldnt fit the MI theme imo because there is no real set layout where one could go. If we do have one I think it would be best suited to an offshore type thing or something away from teh main focus of the city. Also who is going to volunteer to make this even if it did go ahead?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 26 2004, 19:23)
Also who is going to volunteer to make this even if it did go ahead?

me? or some1 else?

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:17 PM

Meh, this is what makes me mad, I was determined to have a train in myriad not too long ago, now sombody more important posts the idea and everyone wants to do it, just goes to show you how people are respected around here.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 September 2004 - 06:20 PM Edited by Snow Racer, 26 September 2004 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (Run down that guy!! @ Sep 26 2004, 20:17)
Meh, this is what makes me mad, I was determined to have a train in myriad not too long ago, now sombody more important posts the idea and everyone wants to do it, just goes to show you how people are respected around here.

in that time we didn't know how 2 get train in vc but now we 100% know how so now we can make that...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users