Burnout 3

198 replies to this topic
Abel Voicu
  • Abel Voicu

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 03:11 AM

Wow this game is great.

Got my copy yesterday. Everything about the game shines except the mediocre soundtrack. Thank god for custom soundtracks.

The best parts about the game are the sweet takedowns and crashes.

IMO this is the best arcade racer ever.

Oh and good job EA. That's the most brilliant marketing scheme I've seen. Put the NFSU2 demo on the PS2 disc but leave Xbox owners out. Even thou EA brought their games to Live, they're still not being fair to Xbox owners. Oh well, I wasn't really anticipating the demo anyway. Is it any good?

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:34 AM

Yeah its not bad. You get to free rome for a while. You graphics are a little better.

You can go up to rival cars and just start racing around untill you loose them, you can also go to tuner garages i think. But i aint been yet.

HaZe
  • HaZe

Its not normal

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:54 AM

Im going to test it out before i buy it.

So, I'll rent it from Blockbuster Tommorow and If i enjoy it, I buy a copy.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:25 AM

Just got it today, i traded in NFS:U (and others) for it... well worth the trade. This is amazing, great sense of speed, great graphics and brilliant arcade action. No wonder it got a 10/10.

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (~Neon~ @ Sep 8 2004, 18:46)
[color=1d53b8][b]
QUOTE (aseddon130 @ Sep 8 2004, 19:08)
(aaaaah - the advantages of having a modded xbox and Bittornado biggrin.gif )

We didnt hear that wink.gif .

well hang on, illtalk louder

AAAAH THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A MODDED XBOX AND BITTORNADO! tounge.gif

j/k

why do u say that anyways 'We didn't hear that'? the advantages of having a modded console are the best biggrin.gif - Getting this a week early shows that its better!

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (aseddon130 @ Sep 12 2004, 00:13)
QUOTE (~Neon~ @ Sep 8 2004, 18:46)
[color=1d53b8][b]
QUOTE (aseddon130 @ Sep 8 2004, 19:08)
(aaaaah - the advantages of having a modded xbox and Bittornado biggrin.gif )

We didnt hear that wink.gif .

well hang on, illtalk louder

AAAAH THE ADVANTAGES OF HAVING A MODDED XBOX AND BITTORNADO! tounge.gif

j/k

why do u say that anyways 'We didn't hear that'? the advantages of having a modded console are the best biggrin.gif - Getting this a week early shows that its better!

He is hinting that warez is illegal to talk about on these forums.

WidowMaker
  • WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 05:03 PM

Nice video Homer, lovin' the Fatboy Slim.

Gabe Logan.
  • Gabe Logan.

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:01 PM

Its so awesome. I put it in my X-Box and as soon as i accelerated my car, i flew off my chair because of the force was so powerful and fast biggrin.gif

Really though, great game rah.gif

AndyinEngland.
  • AndyinEngland.

nycc

• The Connection

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:04 PM

I just played it in HMV, and it's definatley found it's way off my 'to buy' list. It was the exact opposite of what I expected. I played Burnout 2 and thought that was quite good, but this is just weird. It just doesn't appeal to me like other racing titles.

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (AndyinEngland. @ Sep 11 2004, 19:04)
I just played it in HMV, and it's definatley found it's way off my 'to buy' list. It was the exact opposite of what I expected. I played Burnout 2 and thought that was quite good, but this is just weird. It just doesn't appeal to me like other racing titles.

So you weren't expecting a fast arcade racer with lots of crashes? It's just Burnout 2 improved by approximately 11ty billion percent. Learn to love it, I command you.

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (PhyschoPotato @ Sep 11 2004, 18:07)
QUOTE (AndyinEngland. @ Sep 11 2004, 19:04)

Learn to love it, I command you.

learn to love it? nobody shouldnt need to learn to like this game - whoever thinks this game is turd needs a big slap!

like this clown above - Gamespot say and i qoute - "any1 with a pulse will like this game" - even people who dont like racing games much even like it - it is an awesome racer - shame on u for knocking it off ur 'to buy' list - WRITE IT BACK ONTO IT NOW!

also, i cant believe u liked Burnout 2 but dont like this - its weird and PhyschoPotato is right - its just Burnout 2 but 11ty million percent better!

AndyinEngland.
  • AndyinEngland.

nycc

• The Connection

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:05 PM

I just think it seems quite cheesy, and not very deep. It's just like, a visual pleasing Need For Speed. I probably would grow to like it eventually confused.gif but arcade style racing games aren't really my thing. When I played it earlier, I thought that the drifts were uncontrollable, and the constant 'action replays' weren't really to my liking. I was fed up by the end of the first lap, of seeing slow-mo sequences. And my liking for arcade style racers has degraded, probably because of the freeness of GTA style games.

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (AndyinEngland. @ Sep 11 2004, 22:05)
I just think it seems quite cheesy, and not very deep. It's just like, a visual pleasing Need For Speed. I probably would grow to like it eventually confused.gif but arcade style racing games aren't really my thing. When I played it earlier, I thought that the drifts were uncontrollable, and the constant 'action replays' weren't really to my liking. I was fed up by the end of the first lap, of seeing slow-mo sequences. And my liking for arcade style racers has degraded, probably because of the freeness of GTA style games.

Cheesy? Yes. Deep? No. Fun as hell? Abso-f*cking-lutely. That's all this game is about, being fun, and that's exactly what it achieves, I haven't been this addicted to a game in a long time. The action replays can be turned off in the options, if they're not your thing, too.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:43 PM

Hey Physcho, how much % of it have you completed now man?

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:46 PM

I was going to buy it today but i bought some clothes instead, i'm deff buying it next time i go to lakeside. Which might be tomorrow, or it will be if i get my way smile.gif

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Sep 11 2004, 22:43)
Hey Physcho, how much % of it have you completed now man?

I'm on exactly 30% right now, I've been playing it loads, so it must be a pretty big game.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:13 PM

Yeah im nearly 8 hours into it and have done 43%.

Awesome stuff!

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:24 PM

Slept at my friend's place last night and we rented this...

OMFG. BEST GAME EVER. We played till we fainted basically. The crashes are the best sh*t ever. We kept getting crash points until we got the longnose truck cab. Man... He has it for 3 days and I'm going there a little later for more fun. BTW, can you unlock a truck with a trailer? It shows it, but in the vehicule list, it doesn't show a blacked out full truck. Just curious.

Anyways, I was gonna buy this game today, but the stores all closed at 5, and I had no money. Tomorrow, or this week sometime. Definitely. smile.gif

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:35 PM

Yup, its awesome!

No i dont believe you can get the trailer with it.

But i now have the bus!! 70 mill in crash modes to get it!! rahkstar2.gif

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:39 PM

ive done 20 hours, 52minutes on it, unlocked 162 events and 134 gold medals

completed all crash events - done 83% of the game

im shocked reading it that ive done so much lol - 3 days ago it was like10 hours 20% done - biggrin.gif

i love this game - im gonna get the ps2 version for online play, anyone tried it yet?

how much has every1 else done?

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Sep 11 2004, 23:35)
Yup, its awesome!

No i dont believe you can get the trailer with it.

But i now have the bus!! 70 mill in crash modes to get it!! rahkstar2.gif

It would appear i have a long way to go then from my stunning "2 Million"

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:41 PM

I rented Burnout 3 a few hours ago and MY GOD! This game is the best! What's amazing is there is 100 crash scenarios! I almost pissed myself the first time I hit a gas tanker on the marina level, it's amazing. Get this game for sure. biggrin.gif

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 11 September 2004 - 10:46 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Sep 11 2004, 23:13)
Yeah im nearly 8 hours into it and have done 43%.

Awesome stuff!

All the signature crashes and news headlines will probably be a bitch to collect, I've only got about 4 or 5 signature crashes and they were through pure luck, no news headlines at all, though. confused.gif

PetsOvernight, I don't know about the trailer, it'd be ace to use in the crash junctions though, if it is in there.

And I don't know about you PS2 owners but on Xbox Live, this game is buggy as hell. Only around 1 in every 20 servers shows up as connectable to in the lobby and when I do try to connect to one, 90% of the time I get disconnected with an error saying ""Unable to open communications to the players in this game". Even when I find a game that I can connect to without problem, after a race, it sometimes disconnects from the server and sends me back to the main screen. It's incredibley annoying, so I'm staying away from the online part until EA get off their asses and short this sh*t out. Only downside to the game thus-far.

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 September 2004 - 11:10 PM Edited by aseddon130, 12 September 2004 - 12:58 AM.

QUOTE (PhyschoPotato @ Sep 11 2004, 22:46)
And I don't know about you PS2 owners but on Xbox Live, this game is buggy as hell. Only around 1 in every 20 servers shows up as connectable to in the lobby and when I do try to connect to one, 90% of the time I get disconnected with an error saying ""Unable to open communications to the players in this game". Even when I find a game that I can connect to without problem, after a race, it sometimes disconnects from the server and sends me back to the main screen. It's incredibley annoying, so I'm staying away from the online part until EA get off their asses and short this sh*t out. Only downside to the game thus-far.

i read on the gamespot review that the XBL part is sorta funny but they say u can get around it (somehow) - im gonna rent the ps2 version and patch it for online play - only drawback on the PS2 version is that i, a PAL game user cannot play internationally with any NTSC players cos of the frame rate difference or something so thats a sh*tter - still lookin forward to it!

85% complete - got all gold on crashes in USA And Europe!

EDIT: 23 hours - 90% complete biggrin.gif

Cocoa-Cola C2
  • Cocoa-Cola C2

1k, yaaaaaaaaaaay.

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:47 AM

I just got my copy of the game today. Its easy but fun.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:19 AM

@Physcho - Ive only got about 3 signature crashes and about 6 headlines.

It seems you get them for reaching over a million in a crash mode.

So make sure to always get the x2 and x4 kids!

ganjaflamez
  • ganjaflamez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:47 AM

i have to admit i did not expect much from this game, but i can safely say I CAN FEEL THE FUKING WIND ON MY FACE, I CAN FEE THE FUKING RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a wicked fuking game

ganjaflamez
  • ganjaflamez

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

Is it me or does the DJ sound a lot like Lazlow

arjun
  • arjun

• Members

Posted 12 September 2004 - 03:29 PM

Well I went with my Chinese friend to buy this on Friday, but stores were sold out. So yesterday I went to Fry's Electronics (holy crap f*cking amazing store. First one in Illinois and it opens 15 minutes from my house) and they were sold out but I got a raincheck so I should have it on Monday for $35! The whole journey was reminiscent of Harold and Kumar.

The most expensive game at Fry's is like 35 bucks, that's not just cheap, it's unbelievable. It's even more confusing as to how it's the only store that does that.

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

QUOTE (ganjaflamez @ Sep 12 2004, 10:53)
Is it me or does the DJ sound a lot like Lazlow

Striker from Crash FM reminds me of Lazlow yeah, but the other game he's actually off is SSX3 - me reckons he'll appear quite frequently in EA Games. (LETS JUST HOPE NOT - PRAY FOR IT)

NO STRIKER NO STRIKER!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users