Photo

Burnout 3

198 replies to this topic
Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 September 2004 - 03:11 PM

Who is deffinatly getting this game then? Because it comes out Friday for Europe. Im not sure about the rest of the world but yeah, i cant wait. Getting so exciting now.

Gamespot gave it a 9.5. Now thats not as easy to get as you think it is.

Lets see some screens just to see how sweet it is...

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Im sh*tting myself waiting for this game now. It's so fu**ing awesome.

So who's getting it?

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 04:34 PM

I'm gonna buy it on saturday.

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:04 PM

I'm picking up a copy on Saturday too.

Homer Simpson
  • Homer Simpson

Mod God(Retired) & Beer Drinker

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:05 PM

smile.gif Got it! (it's a job thing.. )

Anyway, had it about a week and can say without a doubt it well a truly deserves the 9.5 score. As soon as it starts and you see the quality of layout/presentation even just in the menus etc.. you just know it's going to be good. I didn't like the first one too much due to the stupid checkpoint timer on races, but luckily it's not the case with Takedown.

The game is huge! at least 173 events wow.gif (maybe some hidden ones as well) I've completed 15 gold medals and unlocked about 14 cars and it only says 7% complete.

Frame rate is phenomenal considering the amount of detail, sense of speed is plain scary!! blink.gif

I'm about to make a compilation video of crashes.. I'll post it soon..

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:08 PM

ive had the xbox version since last thurday (aaaaah - the advantages of having a modded xbox and Bittornado biggrin.gif ) and i cant put it down

quite simply, it is the best racing game ive EVER PLAYED!

it is soooo good, in fact - whoever DOES NOT get this game for whatever reason simply needs a smack over the head - everything about it is fantastic! (Except for that bloody DJ 'Striker')

BUY IT BUY IT BUY IT!

(in fact, it is so good i might even buy the PS2 version brand new for online play - id get the XBOX version but i cant go online wiv my xbox which is a shame!)

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:35 PM

Hm, I might just pick it up this weekend, since all you people are saying it's that damn good. It looks f*cking amazing, but sometimes games with all that hype don't live up to it.

And from the size it sounds, yeah, sounds worth it.

~Neon~
  • ~Neon~

Hmmm...

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 06:46 PM

QUOTE (aseddon130 @ Sep 8 2004, 19:08)
(aaaaah - the advantages of having a modded xbox and Bittornado biggrin.gif )

We didnt hear that wink.gif .

Anyway, yeah I will be getting this as soon as I have the cash. I am a bit short for cash ATM so I will be doing the rounds for money that people owe me, that might cover it. I have been looking forward to this for a while, cant wait.

A-J
  • A-J

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:11 PM

I won't buy it i don't like that game everytime you crash the damage dissapears thats so fake that game would be cool if hat did not happen Need for speed is better.

HaZe
  • HaZe

Its not normal

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 07:20 PM

This was the game i was staring at for hours in GAME today.

Im selling Four of my games for 15 each so i can get it this Saturday. Ive Got a PSM2 DVD with a Clip of it. f*cking Awesome!!!

Im selling;
Def Jam Vendetta (Turned out sh*te)
MGS 2: Sons of Liberty (Completed like 10 times)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (Absolute sh*t!)
THUG (Completed Loads)

So i will end up with around 60 which affords me to buy it and the remaining 20 quid, i will save up from that to get SA

PogoTheMonkey182
  • PogoTheMonkey182

back

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:11 PM

meh, i played the demo of it. from my experience playing it, it was pretty cool, but i wouldnt buy it. to me its just more of a game to rent.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 September 2004 - 08:48 PM Edited by Hell No.., 08 September 2004 - 09:04 PM.

Yeah please get a vid Homer. And would you do the scary sense of speed thing for a few secs? I want to see what i got coming... lol.

Lucky twats!

@ A-J - I believe that your car does get damage this time around. Or is that only on Road Rage and Online mode?

I plyed it online and the damage was great.

Skatan
  • Skatan

frat.

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:20 PM

My bro has a modded xbox so he has it right now. I was watching it for a bit it looks f*ckin awesome. The sound of a crash is so damn good you hear all the glass breaking and spilling out on the road. The graphics are damn cool. Ill be playing it tonight, along with Street racing syndicate andt he new leisure suit larry

Homer Simpson
  • Homer Simpson

Mod God(Retired) & Beer Drinker

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 10:53 PM

smile.gif

here's a rough draft of a crash vid.. sorry Hell No.. I did this one in slow mo! suicidal.gif

I'll post a speed one tomorrow.

CRASH VIDEO

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:01 PM Edited by Hell No.., 08 September 2004 - 11:08 PM.

Ok no probs, thanks.

Downloading now. Looking forward to it.

EDIT -

Woah that was awesome stuff you had there. And it goes so high off the ramps wow.gif

Impressive dude. rah.gif Cant wait now!!

Are you doing the speed one with just the game sound?

Wait a mo..

You live in the UK. Are any shops selling it early like they did with Driv3r?

GameMaster90
  • GameMaster90

Andolini Badfella

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 11:43 PM

Of course I am getting this game, it will keep my busy while I wait for San Andreas and Gran Turismo 4. Too bad it isn't coming out for our beloved GameCube. sneaky2.gif

Kevin_79
  • Kevin_79

Shabam

• Members

Posted 09 September 2004 - 02:16 AM

Looks amazing, but I'm not too into racing games. I'm definitely renting this game though, but racing games aren't worth buying. I found that out when I bought Project Gotham Racing 2...its a great game, but I'm just not a racing fan.

You writing a review when you get it Hell no?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2004 - 03:53 AM

What the hell its been out for a couple of days, nah make that 6 days as it came out on Friday of last week. I want to get it but I just haven't got the money sad.gif

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

XBOX LIVE COMING SOON!

• Members

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:01 AM

I shall definitely be buying this when i get my Xbox.

It looks absolutely amazing, and FHM and all other mags have given it good scores!...

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2004 - 08:22 AM

Sillyhed2000 jumps in the air waving his hand

Me! Oh, me, me!
I am.

Eventually.

See, due to lack of money I generally only buy one game every two to three months. Evil Genius comes out at the end of this month and I'd rather buy that than Burnout 3... but I have Burnout 2, and believe me, I will pick up a copy of number three someday...

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:23 AM

Nice one guys. You wont be dissapointed.

@Kev - Yeah sure man. But give me about a week with it. smile.gif rah.gif

EmSixTeen
  • EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 09 September 2004 - 09:39 AM

It's my birthday on the 17th, and I'm trying to get this alongside the mod chip for my XBox from my Mum.. I better, I've been waiting for this game for f*cking ages and it rocks your socks.

Skatan
  • Skatan

frat.

• Members

Posted 09 September 2004 - 10:21 PM

Ive been playing the crash part of the game. They added alot of new stuff, like there are multipliers and decreasers. Also if you get a certain amount of cars to crash you can explode you car its f*ckin cool. The racing is damn fun to, the takeout are wicked. Really fun game. smile.gif

Crisp
  • Crisp

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2004 - 01:57 AM

I'm getting this in about 10 mins when my brother comes home.

aseddon130
  • aseddon130

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:49 PM

why haven't they done a version for the Lamecube? seems strange that .....

my only theory was that its cos GC-Online isnt popular so they thought 'don't bother' but the single player mode is just as good but maybe i am wrong!

Blakout420
  • Blakout420

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 September 2004 - 06:59 PM

Got the game on Wednesday and I love it. It's a huge improvement over 2 which was already addictive as hell. Crash mode is even better than before. It took me a few tries to get used to the new features and how the money is much more realistic than before. It doesn't multiply it by how many cars are involved, it's changed to multiplier pickups which seemed wierd at first but once you're used to it you could never go back to the old way. Same thing with the aftertouch, adds loads of depth to the crashes and makes it much more skills-based than random. The game is worth $50 just for Crash mode alone, and Road Rage is just as fun. Seems like it'll last while, hopefully I'm right.

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 10 September 2004 - 07:34 PM

Just got my copy today. It's everything I was hopeing. Every possible aspect of Burnout 2 that could've been improved, has been. Ramming opponents into wall and dividers make me feel all warm and fuzzy. The psyche crash are cool, when the guy you're tailing freaks out and goes plowing into a wall. Graphics are incredible and no frame rate issues that I've noticed, what-so-ever.

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:48 PM

Agreed. I of course have it now and im roughly 30% into it. I have been on it for ages today. There is just so much to do on it.

I got told that there is a NFSU2 demo in the extra's section. So im gonna check that out.

Maybe this should be the official topic for it now? Seeing as its out...

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 10 September 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Sep 10 2004, 22:48)
I got told that there is a NFSU2 demo in the extra's section. So im gonna check that out.

Didn't know that. I'll have to check that out.

edit - had a quick look in the extras section, just videos of the different car classes. confused.gif

Hell No..
  • Hell No..

Dad.

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:10 PM Edited by Hell No.., 10 September 2004 - 10:21 PM.

Ahh damn it.

But it was once confirmed that there was one. Guess not..

EDIT - I have the demo on mine. I think cos the game is just on PS2 its only with the PS2 version of BO3.

Are you playing it on X-BOX?

PhyschoPotato
  • PhyschoPotato

fizzco potato

• The Precinct

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Hell No.. @ Sep 10 2004, 23:10)
Ahh damn it.

But it was once confirmed that there was one. Guess not..

EDIT - I have the demo on mine. I think cos the game is just on PS2 its only with the PS2 version of BO3.

Are you playing it on X-BOX?

Yea. Guess that means no goodies for us X-Box players. sad.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users