Photo

Using Vice City Mod Manager

74 replies to this topic
ronlivings08
  • ronlivings08

SanAnKing

• Members

Posted 02 August 2005 - 04:08 AM

i believe my question is along the same lines as wijiwang's question.i have a general mod(Tommy Private Island-By Brendan62 and Chickenplucker) and i would like to create a .vcm file for it using the VCMP program but like wijiwang i get to a part where i have two blank white screens in the prgram with nothin else written anywhere.i know this is where i tell it wat files to use n where to put them ect....but how do i do this?can sombody help me n wijiwang???

SlicedCheese
  • SlicedCheese

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:18 AM

How do i make weapons .vcms???!?

Razorwing
  • Razorwing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 August 2005 - 04:14 PM

just bumping this thread I got a problem with installing cars. I keep on getting a unhandled expection error message and yes I have installed the Magic wheel mod that came with VCM manager.

Whitewolf_40909
  • Whitewolf_40909

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 01:27 AM

When i first boot up VCMM it comes up with this thing saying select gta vice folder. What do i do

mrgrim333
  • mrgrim333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 09:55 PM

Ok I installed it program and it worked and all.... BUT! now that I moved the files and uninstalled and re-installed, it wont let me choose a new directory? Wtf? Anybody know how i could set new directory?

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:27 PM

It says that my vcmm is out of date. sad.gif

satellitexm
  • satellitexm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (didrikg @ Feb 6 2005, 11:44)
Hey, Iv'e got a problem... When I load the game it locks and a box that says:

Unhandled exeption: c0000005
At address: 0048aea9

comes up... Whats wrong??!

i Have the same problem with the message coming up

cheetincheetah
  • cheetincheetah

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

My problem is I have reinstalled GTA VC and It now comes under Rockstar Games.

When I first installed VCM it installed car mods to C Program files GTA Vice City and worked fine.

But when I reinstalled VCM and install the mods it says it cant open a dat file in

C/ Program files/ GTA Vice City as it should send them to

C/ Program Files Rockstar Games/ Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

How do I change the installation path so the mods work on GTA VC under the Rockstar Games Folder?

wlcmetomcyds
  • wlcmetomcyds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:23 PM Edited by wlcmetomcyds, 24 January 2006 - 12:10 AM.

hey ive been putting mods into a downloaded game (with now sound) and that was installed onto the desktop then i purchased a copy of vice city and now i need to change the directory that the VCM Manager mods to... can anyone help with that?

Grr ive tried reinstalling VCMM, deleting the registry keys, deleting the program folder and still nothing....

wlcmetomcyds
  • wlcmetomcyds

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 January 2006 - 02:41 AM

For those of you who have been having trouble changing the path of your vice city directory I have searched the internet and I came across a solution that actually works here is the link: Link biggrin.gif

meks
  • meks

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

can someone please tell me what to do i cant get past this

user posted image

offthewalll2112
  • offthewalll2112

OffTheWall

• Members

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:12 PM

That means you have to choose where GTA Vice City is installed, it's usually under "C:\Program Files" then look for a folder that resembles something of GTA like "Rockstar" or something of the sort. But I also have a question, I followed the tutorial on how to create VCM mods, because I hate finding a really awesome mod online that isnt in VCM format so i decided to try and convert the downloaded one into a VCM. After I finish adding all the stuff into the VCM Packager i try to install the mod and it doesnt do anything, after that little loading bar thing, it just goes back to the beggining and I have to click install again. This is really annoying, could someone answer this question for me, Thanks.

Crazymunky_182
  • Crazymunky_182

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:22 AM Edited by Crazymunky_182, 27 February 2006 - 11:44 AM.

Hi, I installed VCMM and stupidly picked the cd drive instead of the folder where the game is installed. Ive un-installed VCMM a few times and re-installed but i can't get the directory selection to come back and therefore i can't change it. What do i need to do to get it changed? I seen a link for it at the start of this thread but it was dead.

Thanks In Advanced.

It's ok got it sorted biggrin.gif

rasta4life20
  • rasta4life20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2006 - 12:36 AM

when i start up vice citymod maneger it says select gta vice folder what do i do their

makedonija77
  • makedonija77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:57 AM

I did everything like it said in the tutorial.

I downloaded the mods, extracted them in the vcm folder.

I clicked on the install button for the selected mod.

I chose a bunch of car mods, and did everything the same to the extraction point in the folder...

I chose:

1998 Honda Accord Coupe
2004 BMW 325ci Convertible
Astro Martin Vintage Concept
Audi A8
Audi RS6
Audi TT
Dodge Viper GTS
Ferrari 360 Spider
Ferrari Enzo
Ford GT40
Mazda RX-8 Revolution
Nissan Skyline R34
Subaru Impreza WRX STi

Plus I already had the DMagic1 Wheel Mod installed.

They are all installed.

As the tutorial says, I clicked the install button for every one of them and there is a green square beside the name, where it is shown in the manager...

So this vertifies that I've got everything installed.

And yes there is an uninstall available for all of them.

Anyways, my problem is that when I start Vice City through the manager, and load up a savegame, the savegame stops loading like 7/10 before it is finished, and I hear a sound, so I pressed my mouse button a few times and I heard more of those sounds, so I pressed the escape button on my keyboard and returned to the desktop, where an error window popped up and it's the one that says that I might have lost some information, send or don't send, blah blah blah...

So anyways, I clicked don't send, and repeated the same steps.

I also had the Ultimate Trainer Mod on during the same time as the manager, so I turned it off and tried loading another savegame, and yet again, the same thing happened.

So I deleted the mod that I wanted to install and tried to do so, but after doing so, there was no green square beside the name, just the gray square, all because I thought the mod might be corrupted in some way...

Then I opened it again, this time without the trainer nor the mod being there to infect the game, and the same thing happened.

Then I closed all of the GTA:VC programs and tools I had on, and tried to do it through the main directory, clicked the VC icon and same thing again...

Is there a solution to my problem or is it because my game is downloaded off a file sharing program and works fine without radio nor cutscene sound.

Or it maybe that when I downloaded the manager, I made a mistake in the location of the file source or whatever on the beginning.

Help!

AC/Vercetti/DC
  • AC/Vercetti/DC

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 09:46 PM

Alright, I'm sure I'm doing everything right because I'm saving it in the right folder, and I've downloaded:

-The General Lee
-1983 Audi Quattro

For VCM. I've put all of these mods in the C:/Program Files/vcmm/mods/vcm Folder, but they DON'T show up in the actual program!

HELP!!!

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:05 PM

are you shure that their .vcm?

hafiz_warrior
  • hafiz_warrior

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2006 - 03:00 AM

why when i clik install Error come out like "An error occured this operation, installation log will now be displayed"

last question why when i replace file at GTA3.img is say "File to big" <--- something like that i think.......

codester
  • codester

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Ok when I press downnload on the vcmm it says this " Your vcmm is out of date or a connection to the server could not be found, download newest vcmm" I have the newest version it is the v1.0 and I dont get this please help.

sananoutlaw
  • sananoutlaw

SA player

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 04:29 PM

Hey, i'm new to the whole mods thing (even installing them). I found it all very confusing, until I found the 'VCMM' app. I thought, YESSSSSS this looks so easy, and indeed it is very easy to use.
But I have a problem, I did EVERYTHING right when installing a 'vcm' car, but when I load up the game it freezes just before it finishes loading.
What's going wrong?

I also d/l'ed 'SAMI' to install cars into San Andreas, also very user friendly, but the exact same problem occurs when I try to load the game..... confused.gif

someone please help, I want to someday make mods and share, but i'm screwed if I can't even install them lol.....

majd
  • majd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:19 PM

from were can i get VCMP plz any body tell me i need it[SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] nervous.gif

indref
  • indref

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2006 - 05:24 AM

Hello! Yet another user who thinks VCMM is one sorry program.

Whenever I run the exe all I get is the error "External Exception C0000006". Is the exe you download, an installer or the program itself? Either way I cannot get the program to run/install.

Does anyone know how to turn a *.vcm file into something else? I will happily manually install a mod, VCMM is not worth the trouble.

As a side note, if this is being posted in the wrong thread, please notify me of this.

Is VCMM even supported anymore? Where are the people who programmed it? All links I follow are dead.

Please reply.

supakilla9
  • supakilla9

I'm really that guy.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2006 - 02:51 AM

the only car that worked on mine was the one u gave me =( man, i want the other cool cars too!! mad.gif but that car is cool too tounge.gif

supakilla9
  • supakilla9

I'm really that guy.

• Members

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:02 AM

yay, figured out the problem! it was becuz i dint install the dmagic wheel mod! lolz! so simple!! for those of u who are stuck, just install dmagic wheel mod! tho for some reason the audi quattro works without the mod...wierd. and gangsta killa, ur image is kinda misleading, because the dmagic wheel is turned off dontgetit.gif so... u should prolly fix that a bit... soz for double posting....but i just wanted to tell everyone i fixed my problem...

zooloo75
  • zooloo75

Xbox 360 FTW!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 December 2006 - 07:01 PM

i have a huge problem!

on the vcmm i installed a vehicle mod for a mazda or mercedes kinda van and i replaced it with a swat truck but theres one thing the green light didnt show up but when i looked in the game the swat truck was replaced with the car i modded but yet again i quitted the game went to vcmm and the truck/van was replaced with the swat truck but it isnt green i cant uninstall it...

zooloo75
  • zooloo75

Xbox 360 FTW!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 December 2006 - 01:33 AM

so now my swat truck is stuck as a black van...

supakilla9
  • supakilla9

I'm really that guy.

• Members

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

lol, i had the same problem with my idaho, it was stuck as a ford. but then i reinstalled my vice and its fine now smile.gif, thats one option. or if you've got a backup file of the WHOLE vice, then just replace the old one with the backup one. itll uninstall every single custom vehicle you have(but the light will still be green, so itll mess the mod manager up), but i recommend reinstalling it. it wont restart your saved game anyways. so what is there to scare of? tounge2.gif

serreos_4ever_
  • serreos_4ever_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 March 2007 - 03:17 PM Edited by Gangsta Killa, 07 April 2007 - 12:14 AM.

thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx biggrin.gif

-edit by gk - ack, don't quote the entire tutorial!

quechus9
  • quechus9

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 December 2007 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (Gangsta Killa @ Aug 23 2004, 15:50)
user posted image
Because Some Of Us Can't Install Manual

Introduction
Some of us can't install manual mods, even when following a guide. We're prone to be getting something wrong, that makes the game not load, or the mod doesn't show.

Thats where I intend to show you, how to use Vice City Mod Manager, and how to use the Vice City Mod Packer. So pretty soon, you'll be able to download any manual mod, use the packer to make a .VCM file and hey presto a mod ready to go.

Cut the waffle and lets move on.
Vice City Mod Manager
Let me tell you a bit about Vice City Mod Manager and it's functions.

Vice City Mod Manager Download @ Gtagaming

Vice City Mod Manager, or VCMM. Was created to ease the pain of installing mods for those not very fluent in installing them manual, also to provide the option of uninstalling those mods when we don't want them, or they caused conflict.

VCMM has a built in fuction that will connect it to a master download server, where it lists all the downloads in VCM format, when these have downloaded all you've got to do is press install. But thats not the case anymore, the site that made VCMM has closed, thefore taking the download server with it. So this function won't work.

user posted image

Thats the main window of VCMM, notice the download button, that I told you about earlier.

Below the Download button is the Chat, this was the same case the download function, the chat button connected to a chat server..

There isn't many settings for VCMM, only the choice to display only validated mods, and hide local mods...

And last but not least, the Play Vice button. I'm sure you can guess what this button does.
Alright lets download a VCM mod and install it.

I've chosen a car. I've chosen a 1983 Audi Qauttro.

!983 Audi Qauttro

Once you've downloaded your car, open the zip file and you'll see two files

•readme.txt
•1983 Audi Qauttro.vcm

We need to put the VCM file in the vcm folder, but in a certain folder. Default folder for VCMM is

CODE

C:/Program Files/VCMM

Look for that folder and open it. We want the mods folder, and then the VCM folder.

user posted image

Just put your VCM file in there, and it should appear on the VCMM program.

user posted image

Look there it is, now we just need to install it, click on it and then click on install. It will ask what car to replace, lets choose the sentinel.

user posted image

Then press install, if's its done sucessfully, then the little circle next to the name should turn green. Now go check if it got in game.

user posted image

It worked!
Making a VCM File
We've installed a VCM mod, now lets make a VCM mod.

First you're going to need Vice City Mod Packer

Download VCMP @Codename Gta

Now we're going to need a manual install package.

I'm going to use monitor 57's Incura.

Monitor 57's Incura

Once you've downloaded that extract everything to one file.

First thing to do is to READ the readme, and keep this file open as it will tell you some lines that you'll have to enter.

---------------->The Incura<-------------------

Version 1 for Myriad Isle CMP

------------->Installation<----------------

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE DMAGICS WHEEL MOD INSTALLED FOR THIS CAR TO WORK

1. open Gta3.img, find and delete both Regina.dff and .txd

2. add the Regina.dff and .txd from the zip into the .img

3. close the .img and open the carcols.dat

4. find the Regina's carcols and replace with the following:

regina, 53,32, 15,32, 45,32, 34,30, 65,32, 14,32, 12,32, 43,32

5.close the carcols.dat and open the handling.cfg, find the washingtons line and replace with the following:

REGINA          1600.0 2.0 4.4 1.3 0.0 0.0 -0.3  70  0.95 0.80 0.52 5 240.0 29.0 4 P 11.0  0.52 0 30.0  1.8  0.19 0.37 0.72 95000 0.25 -0.17 0.5  0.4  1208182  1  1

6. close handling.cfg and open defualt.ide, find the washingtons line andf preplace with the following:

209,  regina,  regina,  car,  REGINA,  REGINA,  null, normal,  10,  7, 0,  249, 0.73

7.close defualt.ide ,open the models folder, then generic and open up Vehicles.col

8. find regina, and replace with the .col in the zip

9. close vehicles.col and play the game!

------------------------>Thanks to<----------------------

Rockstar, for supplying me with some textures

_Rich_ for the Model .col

Mista G for the base model

------------------------>legal mumbojumbo<--------------------

This model is Copyright by me Monitor57(Matthew Gibbs) all rights reserved

I've colored the data lines that we'll have to use red.

You should have 4 files with the zip.

-readme.txt
-regina.dff
-regina-txd
-regina.col

Ok, now that we've stablished what we need to know. Lets open up VCMP.

user posted image

Thats the first window you get once opened, it asks the Title and Author of the mod. So lets fill it in.

Title = Myriad Incura
Author = Monitor 57

Next it wants soem infomation, a description about the car etc. So lets fill that in as well.

Short Descripton = A car released for the Myriad Islands CMP Mod.

Don't need to worry about the text file.

Next its wanting a screenshot and thumb nail image. Don't need to worry about that, just press next.

Next it wants to know what type of mod it is, is a Car Mod/Replacement so choose that option.

Now its got three boxes that want to know DFF, TXD and COL so just click the little button and choose each file. Except for COL data, where you'll need to choose Regina.

user posted image

Now it wants to know, the handling and default.ide lines and carcols
Remember the readme? Well the first lines are CARCOLS, the second is HANDLING and third is DEFAULT.IDE lines. So just fill them in. Also give it the in game name of Incura.

user posted image

Now since we left some files blank, its going to report back some errors... So lets go back and correct them, first its the link to the txt file in the descripton, just give it any txt, then it wants them screenshots. So just give it any image file. Since this is for personal use, it shouldn't matter about things like that.

Once you've done that it should say save. Save it as a VCM file and test it, the same way as we install a VCM mod, put the VCM file in the Mods/VCM folder and press install, and choose regina.

And thats it.

Thanks for reading, I hope this has helped you use VCMM.

Happy Modding.

Ok But Where I Can Put My Folder Of My GTA VC To Install My Mods?

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 29 December 2007 - 12:58 PM

@quechus9: There was no need to quote the entire tutorial angry.gif .

Anyway, you need to put at. C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City. It will be this folder by default.

Anyway, don't move your Vice City folder into another place, as you won't be able to install mods with VCMM!

So when you installed VCMM, And Vice City folder was at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

The folder must stay there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users