Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 23 August 2004 - 03:50 PM

user posted image
Because Some Of Us Can't Install Manual

Introduction
Some of us can't install manual mods, even when following a guide. We're prone to be getting something wrong, that makes the game not load, or the mod doesn't show.

Thats where I intend to show you, how to use Vice City Mod Manager, and how to use the Vice City Mod Packer. So pretty soon, you'll be able to download any manual mod, use the packer to make a .VCM file and hey presto a mod ready to go.

Cut the waffle and lets move on.
Vice City Mod Manager
Let me tell you a bit about Vice City Mod Manager and it's functions.

Vice City Mod Manager Download @ Gtagaming

Vice City Mod Manager, or VCMM. Was created to ease the pain of installing mods for those not very fluent in installing them manual, also to provide the option of uninstalling those mods when we don't want them, or they caused conflict.

VCMM has a built in fuction that will connect it to a master download server, where it lists all the downloads in VCM format, when these have downloaded all you've got to do is press install. But thats not the case anymore, the site that made VCMM has closed, thefore taking the download server with it. So this function won't work.

user posted image

Thats the main window of VCMM, notice the download button, that I told you about earlier.

Below the Download button is the Chat, this was the same case the download function, the chat button connected to a chat server..

There isn't many settings for VCMM, only the choice to display only validated mods, and hide local mods...

And last but not least, the Play Vice button. I'm sure you can guess what this button does.
Alright lets download a VCM mod and install it.

I've chosen a car. I've chosen a 1983 Audi Qauttro.

!983 Audi Qauttro

Once you've downloaded your car, open the zip file and you'll see two files

•readme.txt
•1983 Audi Qauttro.vcm

We need to put the VCM file in the vcm folder, but in a certain folder. Default folder for VCMM is

CODE

C:/Program Files/VCMM

Look for that folder and open it. We want the mods folder, and then the VCM folder.

user posted image

Just put your VCM file in there, and it should appear on the VCMM program.

user posted image

Look there it is, now we just need to install it, click on it and then click on install. It will ask what car to replace, lets choose the sentinel.

user posted image

Then press install, if's its done sucessfully, then the little circle next to the name should turn green. Now go check if it got in game.

user posted image

It worked!
Making a VCM File
We've installed a VCM mod, now lets make a VCM mod.

First you're going to need Vice City Mod Packer

Download VCMP @Codename Gta

Now we're going to need a manual install package.

I'm going to use monitor 57's Incura.

Monitor 57's Incura

Once you've downloaded that extract everything to one file.

First thing to do is to READ the readme, and keep this file open as it will tell you some lines that you'll have to enter.

---------------->The Incura<-------------------

Version 1 for Myriad Isle CMP

------------->Installation<----------------

NOTE: YOU MUST HAVE DMAGICS WHEEL MOD INSTALLED FOR THIS CAR TO WORK

1. open Gta3.img, find and delete both Regina.dff and .txd

2. add the Regina.dff and .txd from the zip into the .img

3. close the .img and open the carcols.dat

4. find the Regina's carcols and replace with the following:

regina, 53,32, 15,32, 45,32, 34,30, 65,32, 14,32, 12,32, 43,32

5.close the carcols.dat and open the handling.cfg, find the washingtons line and replace with the following:

REGINA 1600.0 2.0 4.4 1.3 0.0 0.0 -0.3 70 0.95 0.80 0.52 5 240.0 29.0 4 P 11.0 0.52 0 30.0 1.8 0.19 0.37 0.72 95000 0.25 -0.17 0.5 0.4 1208182 1 1

6. close handling.cfg and open defualt.ide, find the washingtons line andf preplace with the following:

209, regina, regina, car, REGINA, REGINA,  null, normal, 10, 7, 0, 249, 0.73

7.close defualt.ide ,open the models folder, then generic and open up Vehicles.col

8. find regina, and replace with the .col in the zip

9. close vehicles.col and play the game!

------------------------>Thanks to<----------------------

Rockstar, for supplying me with some textures

_Rich_ for the Model .col

Mista G for the base model

------------------------>legal mumbojumbo<--------------------

This model is Copyright by me Monitor57(Matthew Gibbs) all rights reserved

I've colored the data lines that we'll have to use red.

You should have 4 files with the zip.

-readme.txt
-regina.dff
-regina-txd
-regina.col

Ok, now that we've stablished what we need to know. Lets open up VCMP.

user posted image

Thats the first window you get once opened, it asks the Title and Author of the mod. So lets fill it in.

Title = Myriad Incura
Author = Monitor 57

Next it wants soem infomation, a description about the car etc. So lets fill that in as well.

Short Descripton = A car released for the Myriad Islands CMP Mod.

Don't need to worry about the text file.

Next its wanting a screenshot and thumb nail image. Don't need to worry about that, just press next.

Next it wants to know what type of mod it is, is a Car Mod/Replacement so choose that option.

Now its got three boxes that want to know DFF, TXD and COL so just click the little button and choose each file. Except for COL data, where you'll need to choose Regina.

user posted image

Now it wants to know, the handling and default.ide lines and carcols
Remember the readme? Well the first lines are CARCOLS, the second is HANDLING and third is DEFAULT.IDE lines. So just fill them in. Also give it the in game name of Incura.

user posted image

Now since we left some files blank, its going to report back some errors... So lets go back and correct them, first its the link to the txt file in the descripton, just give it any txt, then it wants them screenshots. So just give it any image file. Since this is for personal use, it shouldn't matter about things like that.

Once you've done that it should say save. Save it as a VCM file and test it, the same way as we install a VCM mod, put the VCM file in the Mods/VCM folder and press install, and choose regina.

And thats it.

Thanks for reading, I hope this has helped you use VCMM.

Happy Modding.

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:39 PM

i have a question i downloaded a vcm car but it is not a vcm file its a .rar file

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:43 PM

You will need something like WinRar To open this file and extract the vcm file.

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 10:50 PM Edited by I)ark_Elf_, 25 November 2004 - 11:03 PM.

ok thanks
i have another question how when i open vcm it goes to the browsing thing and said open a vice city file.

Edit: Never mind

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:34 PM

ok i have a car on now but when i go into vice city, you know the loading screen it goes very slow is that normal or does it mean it is ito big for my computer(Families comp is a piece of sh*t, i am getting my own)

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 26 November 2004 - 07:18 AM

I don't really notice any difference, since I've got a powerful computer. But it may affect the loading times on older machines.

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:12 PM

ok i got the game to run does not affect anything but one thing
when i get neer to an infurnes(ichose this car to replace) then th egame freezes and an error screen pops up how do i fix this

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 November 2004 - 09:13 PM

when i get neer to an infurnes(ichose this car to replace) then th egame freezes and an error screen pops up how do i fix this

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (I)ark_Elf_ @ Nov 26 2004, 22:13)

Please try not to double post. And regarding your problem, your difficulty could lie anywhere. Have you made sure DMagic1's Wheel Modification is installed?

<3D

I)ark_Elf_
  • I)ark_Elf_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 November 2004 - 01:56 AM Edited by I)ark_Elf_, 27 November 2004 - 10:54 PM.

ya i just figured that out
thx any way

Edit:another Question
i have the cars on but they look very ugly and i meen ugly is thi smy graphics card or is it something els
Edit2: its ugly meaning the interior is white and its really ugly

Appleyard
  • Appleyard

My mommy says im special :D

• Members

Posted 03 December 2004 - 06:06 PM

Well i have a problem ya know how it it says to put ur car in this folder C:\Program files\VCMM well i have a couple of those folders and here they are- theres one that says icons and another one that says INSTALL and another that says mods another that says read me then theres vcmm,vcmget and unistall and there all located at C:\Program files\VCMM\

skaterdude43434
  • skaterdude43434

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:39 PM

i got a problem afrter i install everything, i go to play the game and it loads fine and everything and then when i get to where a modded car should be it freezes. dont know why

PsychoFreak
  • PsychoFreak

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 12:43 PM

Either;

a) The car's hierachy is f*cked (Car Authors fault)
b) You need DJMagic's Wheel Mod
or
c) Your game can't run because of crappy hardware music.gif

skaterdude43434
  • skaterdude43434

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 10:42 PM

do you click on run vice through vice dity mod manager?

lethal.rocks
  • lethal.rocks

Digital Extremist

• Members

Posted 14 December 2004 - 01:10 PM

I had a similar problem with the infernus. The handling line didn't exist. I dnon't know why, but the game loaded.... odd. When I got to my mansion... boom.

AdTec_224
  • AdTec_224

Peon

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 December 2004 - 10:15 PM

I have 2 copys of vice city and i want to switch between them both. How can i do that?

Phopho
  • Phopho

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:08 PM

Bump for this thread , I reinstalled vice city now my mod manager dosent work. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. How do I set the directory where vice city is at or is this aquired automaticly???

suicidal.gif

Pagnell
  • Pagnell

a.k.a. petebog

• Members

Posted 02 January 2005 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Phopho @ Jan 1 2005, 20:08)
Bump for this thread , I reinstalled vice city now my mod manager dosent work. I have tried reinstalling it with no luck. How do I set the directory where vice city is at or is this aquired automaticly???

suicidal.gif

This question was answered, twice, very recently in this thread...

You might want to make a note of this too - Search. wink.gif

creative_madmsn
  • creative_madmsn

Creative Madman

• Members

Posted 19 January 2005 - 07:55 AM

how do i use the manual modification pages the general bits easy and a crackhead could do it but im buggered if i understand the manual page

dadditude
  • dadditude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

What do you do if the manual mod doesn't include handling data?

didrikg
  • didrikg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:44 AM

Hey, Iv'e got a problem... When I load the game it locks and a box that says:

Unhandled exeption: c0000005
At address: 0048aea9

comes up... Whats wrong??!

IMI4tth3w
  • IMI4tth3w

IMI4tth3w

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 February 2005 - 11:23 PM

hey i was wondering what the COL line is for.
i'm having a problem. i have made several cars and all of them have a really long shadow like the game thinks its a different size. how do i fix this?

user posted image

see the shadow underneath? well its like theres something there and its invisible or something.. pls help!

creative_madmsn
  • creative_madmsn

Creative Madman

• Members

Posted 08 February 2005 - 11:29 AM

the col line is how big or wat shape your vehicle is choose the closest vehicle to that of urs eg BF injection

2005M
  • 2005M

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2005 - 07:12 PM

It's stuiped why do the mod manegers go out of data i want this data thing removed.

IMI4tth3w
  • IMI4tth3w

IMI4tth3w

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:56 PM Edited by IMI4tth3w, 27 February 2005 - 11:59 PM.

i've fixed it now, but now for every single car mod i do i have to use the regina.clp for the file. it works fine like that.

but now i was wondering if there was a tutorial on the code for making a general mod for vcmod packer?

Blind
  • Blind

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:53 PM

Yes i know how to make a vcm file for a car but i don't know how to do a general mod with a map because i don't know how to the do script because i don't know waht the script is
Please help me. biggrin.gif

Drizz
  • Drizz

Satan.

• Members

Posted 08 April 2005 - 01:46 AM

Guyz i have problems with installing cars... And its only cars, i have installed a good bike mod, but i cant install any vehicle.
Everything seems to go well when im installing, i click install on the mod, i choose a car to replace, it says that i everything is good and i have the little green blip on the mod name... but when i go in game, my vc just crashes and theres the "send/dont send report" thingy that oppens.. confused.gif

i have tried reinstalling mod, restarting my comp, starting a new game... nothing works confused.gif

can any1 help me plz?

and the thing is that it's only with cars,
with bikes and other stuff i have no problem. bored.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 April 2005 - 06:25 AM

Do you have Dmagics wheel mod installed?

I-275westcoastflorida
  • I-275westcoastflorida

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2005 - 09:30 AM

I cant even install the wheel mod it just gets this error angry.gif
Installing...
Checking file flags...
Loading Script...
Processing commands...
config_editconfig( \data\default.dat, MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\wheels.dff, MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\nowheel.DFF, 2 );
FATAL - Cannot open file D:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Vice City\data\default.dat- Installation will now halt.
Generating Uninstall Info...
All Done
someone please tell me why? sad.gif

wijiwang
  • wijiwang

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 July 2005 - 07:20 PM Edited by wijiwang, 30 July 2005 - 07:29 PM.

This doesn't explain how I can insert non-car mods into the GTA3.img

I have like 30 .txd's I need to get into a VCM format. It's a road mod. How would I go about doing that.

I get to a blank window with two large white boxes with no description of what to do. I don't even know how to get my TXD's into this VCM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users