and the download :
here

Bumper3D
  • Bumper3D

Still on 80's

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 August 2004 - 08:04 PM

Great work.
It might be too bright red IMO but it's fun.
Darn, it's slippery on Tokyo-lot. tounge.gif

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:19 PM

looks like u put work into it but i have to say the following:

-it needs vc texturing

-it looks too high poly, espicially the cage on the front

-it looks outta place, it doesnt suit myraid at all

-it doesnt even look like a firetruck

point said, i dont think this model should be official, i mean look at the back it doesnt even have the massive box tank that ALL fire engines have, it look more like a damn pickup truck.....

thats is all..

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2004 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Monitor57 @ Aug 13 2004, 21:19)
looks like u put work into it but i have to say the following:

-it needs vc texturing

point said, i dont think this model should be official, i mean look at the back it doesnt even have the massive box tank that ALL fire engines have, it look more like a damn pickup truck.....

thats is all..

i have to agree, this looks plain dumb.

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:32 PM

Have to disagree.

-it needs vc texturing
Even though it doesn't have the VC-texturing style as you apply it, the texturing doesn't look out of place between VC cars at all.

Cage might be higher poly, but other parts are flat so I think you shouldn't post comments like that before you know the actual polycount.

That's your opinion. Not an argument. In my opinion, it looks like a proper firetruck wich would suit Myriad quite good as it takes distance from the GTA3 or VC firetruck.

Again, your opinion. I don't think anybody will doubt about the fact that it's a firetruck, and that it doesn't look like a american firetruck doesn't mean it doesn't resemble a firetruck at all.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:52 PM

I have never seen a firetruck like that, me and monitor are from the uk, there is none here like that.I've been to Italy, spain,France and Crete and i have never seen a firetruck like that.It looks pretty dumb.Maybe it can be converted to a... hmm bored.gif

Bramzel
  • Bramzel

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 August 2004 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (jock_mason @ Aug 13 2004, 23:52)
I have never seen a firetruck like that, me and monitor are from the uk, there is none here like that.I've been to Italy, spain,France and Crete and i have never seen a firetruck like that.It looks pretty dumb.Maybe it can be converted to a... hmm bored.gif

Even though you haven't seen one like it, you can't say you don't see it's a firetruck right away? Or do you?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 02:16 AM Edited by GTA3Freak-2001, 14 August 2004 - 02:25 AM.

Yeah not bad but it kinda looks too futuristic for a FireTruck, I'll get it ingame and have a better look but personnally I don't like the design.

EDIT: Nah got it ingame and I don't really like it, its too small for a start, the whole truck looks too flat so yes it does need some VC texturing, and it just looks odd.

JFIFI
  • JFIFI

Modder

• Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:21 AM

number of polygons without the damage: 2020
number of polygons on the whole (including all the parts): 3114

@ monitor 57 : There is no texturisation VC bus I did not find any who agreed and thus I did not put any. If I find of them one which is appropriate, I will put it and update my firetruck. But in this moment, I work much on my FBI headquarters and my batches on illsub and thus I really enormously do not have time like you of good finished the cars for Myriad Island.
And initially why it would be American??? There is well in Myriad of the official vehicles which are however European. I as much as possible adapted it to the American firetruck but apparently that is not seen...
And one cannot really say that it is futuristic since the model of which I was inspired has between 20 and 30 years old.
You never saw a truth now if:
user posted image
user posted image
I hope nevertheless that it will be taken in Myriad bus when I posted in the ppt topic, you had not made remarks on the truck except for the grid of front then I continued it and now to say such remarks, I do not find that very serious...

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:41 AM

To me. It looks more like a Airport firetruck. But I have to agree with the main consensous here - it doesn't look like your typical American firetuck. And that's what Myraid needs IMO. A typical American Firetruck.

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:29 AM

Much as I hate to turn down work, it just doesnt fit with myriad in any way we've established in the past, and thus it doesn't get included. Feel free to try again, though, but make a modern US firetruck and USE VC TEXTURES PLEASE GOD.

Thanks for your time. smile.gif

JFIFI
  • JFIFI

Modder

• Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:49 AM

I put textures VC at my firetruck but I believe that it is not any more the sorrow since it is refused. Thus I will leave the pleasure with another person of making the firetruck because I do not want to remake it since I feel that afterwards, one will still refuse it to me. sad.gif
Thanks for agreeing to close the topic.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 14 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

JFIFI its not because its a bad model, its because of the strange shape of the model that just doesnt seem fitting to Myriad.

Topic closed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users