• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic
REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (DieselGT @ Aug 26 2004, 15:47)
How the hell did it get so small? I've seen bigger single lots than that...

Currently consists of....

467 files
:
:..... 112 Texture files
:..... 331 Model files
:..... 6 Collision files
:..... 6 IDE Files
:..... 6 IPL Files
:..... 1 Updated waterpro.dat
:..... 1 Updated paths.ipl
:..... 1 Updated cull.ipl
:..... 1 Updated info.zon
:..... 5 Secret areas (more to come)
:..... 1 Updated main.scm
:..... 1 Updated object.dat

All texture files have been compressed.
All collision files will be optimized (currently not)
All model files have been optimized (one or two outstanding)

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 August 2004 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (jock_mason @ Aug 26 2004, 15:26)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Aug 26 2004, 15:15)
it will be cut up into smaller part and hosted when it comes out im sure. Ill make it be anyway. biggrin.gif

umm are these forums in a bloody time warp? please can you have a full download for us people who have fast internet.

For example i have 1mb per second internet, i am used to downloading files over 1.5 gig in size.I dont want to have to download loads of different parts.It only confuses noob who will obviously be trying this mod.

Obviously it would be given as both. wink.gif If it was just going to be given as one it would be given as a 25MB d/l but its more than likely that a 56k friendly version will be uploaded also.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2004 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Aug 26 2004, 20:42)
QUOTE (jock_mason @ Aug 26 2004, 15:26)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Aug 26 2004, 15:15)
it will be cut up into smaller part and hosted when it comes out im sure. Ill make it be anyway. biggrin.gif

umm are these forums in a bloody time warp? please can you have a full download for us people who have fast internet.

For example i have 1mb per second internet, i am used to downloading files over 1.5 gig in size.I dont want to have to download loads of different parts.It only confuses noob who will obviously be trying this mod.

Obviously it would be given as both. wink.gif If it was just going to be given as one it would be given as a 25MB d/l but its more than likely that a 56k friendly version will be uploaded also.

i should be able to download the myriad installer in about 10 minutes.This should take about 2-3 minutes for me.

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:35 PM

BUMP

Um any updates im waiting for this puppy to be released here ill give u some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:52 PM

Yeah street lighting for this is very close to been done then I need to place the traffic lights and re-position alot and then thats done. tounge2.gif But wait until REspawn posts maybe to get some updates on the modeling side of things maybe.

another_bloody_whiner
  • another_bloody_whiner

The Great White Mochaccino

• Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 12:39 PM

Another modelling masterpiece in the making. Heck, who needs San Andreas??? wink.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 02 September 2004 - 07:37 PM

Thanks guys,
been away for a few days, will have some new screens of the church, tunnels and china town district in the next 2 days.
Sorr about the time away.
-Dave

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 05 September 2004 - 11:58 AM

BUMP!

Where is the church REspawn?

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:28 AM

Church @ sunsetChurch @ sunrise
user posted imageuser posted image

Not really the update i wanted, got a bit bogged down over the last few days, but the 2 screens do give you an idea of the church and its location against past screens. Will have some better screens soon and more info.
-Dave

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 06 September 2004 - 01:33 AM

necrosis is the best map ive ever seen, great work and nice church biggrin.gif
cookies for you: cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 September 2004 - 09:31 AM

Its all looking amazing so dar REspawn, also dont just post pictures because people are demanding them. Post them when your happy with what has been done. The people should just have patience. confused.gif

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 06 September 2004 - 12:29 PM

I like the church... The map is looking very good... Great job... tounge2.gif tounge2.gif
BTW: I think that GT-1 is right... wink.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 September 2004 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 6 2004, 09:31)
also dont just post pictures because people are demanding them. Post them when your happy with what has been done. The people should just have patience. confused.gif

You're right GT-1, You should just ignore all people that are asking for pics, it's you that decide when to post pics.

Nice church Respawn, but you've switched the thumbnails tounge.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 02:28 AM

hmm shouldnt this be released by october cause u said u where giving it to barton to code aroun the end of Augest. So u got any release on the top of your head?

tryptomine_sniper
  • tryptomine_sniper

Uber Forum Lurker.

• Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 04:16 AM

good job guys, I have been impressed with this mod since the first discussions on it, and it keeps getting better... here, cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif take them, you guys deserve them

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 08:25 AM

I still have alot to do, im back to college at the moment so i will be working away at night, expect more info soon.
thanks.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Sep 13 2004, 02:28)
hmm shouldnt this be released by october cause u said u where giving it to barton to code aroun the end of Augest. So u got any release on the top of your head?

Why do people constantly beg for a release or a release date, if you would have read the thread you will have noticed it will be done when REspawn is happy with it. He wont be pressured into any kind of release, if you want this to be the best it can be then wait patiently. REspawn will post pictures when he wants and he shouldnt be pressured into giving any release date or showing any pictures. Just be patient and wait.

Keep up the great work REspawn its amazing so far. smile.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Sep 13 2004, 11:28)
QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Sep 13 2004, 02:28)
hmm shouldnt this be released by  october cause u said u where giving it to barton to code aroun the end of Augest. So u got any release on the top of your head?

Why do people constantly beg for a release or a release date, if you would have read the thread you will have noticed it will be done when REspawn is happy with it. He wont be pressured into any kind of release, if you want this to be the best it can be then wait patiently. REspawn will post pictures when he wants and he shouldnt be pressured into giving any release date or showing any pictures. Just be patient and wait.

Keep up the great work REspawn its amazing so far. smile.gif

Thanks GT-1 wink.gif

By the end of the week i hope / should have the South east of the island complete. This is a kind of docks and industrial area, kind rundown.
Then the north east is around 60% complete, the southwest is 40% complete and then the north-west is about 1% complete.

On friday i will post new screens of the south-east.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 14 September 2004 - 05:39 PM

I just noticed these:
user posted image user posted image
So it was YOU who broke into my house and took all those pictures!

I remember getting worried when you didn't send me a plan of what you were going to do so I could plan where the FunWorld islands was going. But those images have really proved that you're working very hard on the concept and the design as well as on the actual making. I am very impressed because not many people are anywhere near that thorough or engage in much design work.

You even thumbnailed all those images...I think I'm in love! notify.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 14 September 2004 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (Cerbera @ Sep 14 2004, 19:39)
I think I'm in love! notify.gif

Dave, from now on you have to be very careful! Keep the doors locked at night and don't forget the gun under your pillow... nervous.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:04 PM Edited by TRN4L, 14 September 2004 - 09:07 PM.

for a small fee, i'll watch the door wink.gif In fact, as a bonus, i'll do any killing required free of disposal charges.

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 15 September 2004 - 02:03 AM

@Cerbera
-Thanks!

@Steve
-I had to sell my doors and bed to pay for extra ram to run 3d studio max to develop the island suicidal.gif cryani.gif

@TRN4L
-When can you start?

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:27 AM

he he i think its funny where the cars are driving everywere in the screenshots biggrin.gif

(and yes I do know it's because the paths are not finished)

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 October 2004 - 07:51 AM

whoa whoa whoa man.... dont bump up old topics,

@REspawn take your time with it and make it the best damn thing that will ever hit Myriad biggrin.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:54 PM

hello sorry to bump but i jujst have to say one thing.

RESPAWN YOU ROCK. i hardly slept last night because i was thinking about it and to everyone else.....................

i can see you noodle

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (-GRAVITY2- @ Oct 6 2004, 12:54)
hello sorry to bump but i jujst have to say one thing.

RESPAWN YOU ROCK. i hardly slept last night because i was thinking about it and to everyone else.....................

i can see you noodle

sleep deprivation over something as trivial as this?

you need help mate. sarcasm.gif

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

well its not the island itself when i cant wait for something to come out i uslally cant sleep thinking about what there is that hasnt been shown yet,

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 18 October 2004 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Oct 2 2004, 07:27)
he he i think its funny where the cars are driving everywere in the screenshots biggrin.gif

(and yes I do know it's because the paths are not finished)

All the car paths are fine!?
They need a small fix in some places, but none of them have been in the screens.
The only thing left with the paths is the ped paths.

Thanks for all the praise guys, hope your sleeping better -GRAVITY2- smile.gif

As for work on the island itself, been sh*t busy with college stuff at the moment, hopefully get some more work done soon.
-Dave

-GRAVITY2-
  • -GRAVITY2-

Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 19 October 2004 - 03:10 AM

Hey havent slept in a long time skateboard everynight with buds get about 3 hours sleep but looking forward to release

jcab42
  • jcab42

Custom Planet Builder

• Members

Posted 24 December 2004 - 06:32 PM

Don't worry guys, REspawn will be giving us an update before long but in the meantime Just wanted to say that I'm really looking foreward to testing this out (no rush) and I know that Necrosis and the whole Myriad project has a very bright future...

so anyway *BUMP!*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users