WIP = WORK IN PROGRESS
0.2 IS OUT NOW! IT NOW INCLUDES THE MODDED GTA3.IMG/DIR!!!!!
The things required for this:
Nothing but GTA VC AND 3 FOR XBOX!!!
BE SURE TO READ THE READ ME!!!
-ZIP NOT AVALIBLE-
Mirror (Thank you Samutz ):
-ZIP NOT AVALIBLE-
Guide to installing GTA:LC On an Xbox.
Please tell me if this does not work for you, like somthing missing from the tutorial.
NOTE: GTA3 Xbox dff's and txd's have no single sided problems so 2dfix is not needed.
Downloads (copy and paste links in a new window):
Shadow and Road gloss fix: http://www.freewebs......er update.rar
Updated data files: http://www.freewebs.... Data Files.rar
IDEKiller2 GTA3 Xbox version: http://www.freewebs...... version-.rar
IDE Killer 2
GTA3 Xbox (duh)
GTA-VC Xbox (DUHHH!!!!)
Lots of HD space
IMGPacker (For making a new img)
A softmodded Xbox
GTA:LC Data folder, text folder, and its audio (not audio folder)
Installing the models and basic data:
1. Copy GTA3 Xbox to somwhere on your Xbox.
2. Make a new folder somwhere on your PC and put GTA3 Xbox in it.
3. Download the IDEKiller2 GTA3Xbox version, and put the files in their corrosponding folders.
4. Run IDEKiller2.EXE and when its done,
5. Open up the img in IMGTool
6. Search for AIRTRAIN.TXD, then dont click anything, just scroll down to YARDIE.DFF
7. Hold shift, and click YARDIE.DFF, then delete them.
8. Next, search for RADAR00.TXD, click and scroll down to RADAR63.TXD, delete.
9. Delete STU_MAN.TXD and STU_WOM.TXD at the bottem.
10. Copy VC to the Xbox HD then to a new folder on the PC.
11. Use IDEKiller2 on it, but DONT use the files I talked about earlier, that was for GTA3.
12. Make a new folder somwhere named GTA3IMG and extract the clean gta3.img from vc to it.
13. Now extract the gta3.img to a folder somwhere.
14. Copy the GTA3 img file to the VC, do NOT replace anything yet.
EDIT: Once that is finished, download another copy of GTA3's gta3.img and dir to somwhere on your computer, put it in GTA3 models folder, overright the one in there.
Then go to your GTA3 xbox data folder, delete gta_vc.dat and rename gta3.dat to gta_vc.dat, run IDEKiller2.
Now, open the img, once again delete the cars, peds, and radar. Extract everything in there now to a folder and put it in your GTA3IMG folder.
15. Extract all the cols from GTA:LC's img to that folder and add lcgeneric to vcxbox's Models/Col folder.
16. Run IMGPacker, select the folder with the img files and pack.
17. Rename your new img and dir to GTA3.IMG and GTA3.DIR
18. Replace the gta3.img and dir in your VC Xbox folder with the new one.
19. Replace the whole data folder with the GTA:LC one and download it, extract and replace them in the data folder that make it Xbox compatible.
20. Take the GTA:LC GXT's and put them in your VC Xbox TEXT folder.
21. Take the audio, copy it to Audio and Audio/Missions (not sure what it uses yet)
22. DELETE GTAVC.CAP.FINAL then run the game.
EDIT: in your gta3 xbox models folder is generic.txd, make it gtaiii.txd and add it to the img.
And a fix for the gas station (may show up white):
Open the GTA3.IMG, extract petrol.txd (dont delete it). Rename the one you extracted to petrollc.txd and add it to the IMG, rebuild the IMG, and upload it to your Xbox .
GTA3 Player model and skins (See my How To Replace Player Skin and Model tutorial)
GTA3 Ped models and skins (See my How To Replace Player Skin and Model tutorial)
GTA3 Radio stations (Install instructions below)
GTA3 Cars (Use the GTA3 Xbox cars, but rename them to the right ones, use GTA:LC for refrence)
GTA3 Splash Screens (Convert to Xbox TXD and put them in VCXbox/TXD)
Shadow and road gloss fix
Copy the GTA3 Radio files to a folder. NOTE: Extensions for VC and GTA3 radio stations (both use wma [go figure, Microjunk] are the same for Xbox, so no conversion needed)
CLASS--->FLASH (make it FLASH1 for temp)
Once done, rename Flash1 back to flash.
1. White trees (only solid ones)
2. LandNE will not work unless you like freezes.
3. No WORKING missions yet.
4. No Overview, freezes
5. Grey transperent box on the screen, I dunno how to fix it :-/ .
Report any more bugs and solutions if possible.
EXTRA INSTRUCTIONS FOR COPYING THIS TO XBOX!:
Step 1: Download my installer, follow its instuctions.
Step 2: Connect to your Xbox (Via a softmod, get a tutorial for one on Xbox-Scene)
Step 3: Browse to /E/Games/ on your xbox.
Step 4: Create a new folder named GTA: LC
Step 5: Copy all of the modded GTA: LC xbox files into there (xbe and all).
Step 6. Delete the .CAP file
Step 7: Edit your EvoX ini to the Games folder or w/e.
Step 8: Launch from EvoX.
-!DONT TRY TO LOAD VC SAVES!-
To remove the grey box, just simply save a game in LC Xbox, and load it. - Credit for that fix goes to elrayzeur.