» «
Photo

Installing GTA:LC onto Xbox VC

54 replies to this topic
Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 12 August 2004 - 10:35 PM Edited by Run down that guy!!, 06 May 2005 - 07:48 PM.

For those too stupid to read small text:
WIP = WORK IN PROGRESS

0.2 IS OUT NOW! IT NOW INCLUDES THE MODDED GTA3.IMG/DIR!!!!!

The things required for this:

Nothing but GTA VC AND 3 FOR XBOX!!!
BE SURE TO READ THE READ ME!!!

Download:
[0.2]
RAR
-ZIP NOT AVALIBLE-

[0.1]
Rar Format
Zip Format

Mirror (Thank you Samutz smile.gif ):
Rar Format
Zip Format

CODE
Download links:
http://www.castlewoodcreations.net/GTAStuff/LCXboxInstaller.rar
-ZIP NOT AVALIBLE-

http://www.freewebs.com/rdtgvc12345/LCXboxInstaller.rar
http://www.freewebs.com/rdtgvc12345/LCXboxInstaller.zip

MIRROR:
http://bluehydraro.hostnmore.com/~gtalc/LCXboxInstaller.rar
http://bluehydraro.hostnmore.com/~gtalc/LCXboxInstaller.zip

Tutorial below:

Guide to installing GTA:LC On an Xbox.
Please tell me if this does not work for you, like somthing missing from the tutorial.
NOTE: GTA3 Xbox dff's and txd's have no single sided problems so 2dfix is not needed.

Downloads (copy and paste links in a new window):
Shadow and Road gloss fix: http://www.freewebs......er update.rar
Updated data files: http://www.freewebs.... Data Files.rar
IDEKiller2 GTA3 Xbox version: http://www.freewebs...... version-.rar

Requirments:
IDE Killer 2
GTA3 Xbox (duh)
GTA-VC Xbox (DUHHH!!!!)
Lots of HD space
IMGPacker (For making a new img)
IMGTool
A softmodded Xbox
GTA:LC Data folder, text folder, and its audio (not audio folder)

Installing the models and basic data:

1. Copy GTA3 Xbox to somwhere on your Xbox.
2. Make a new folder somwhere on your PC and put GTA3 Xbox in it.
3. Download the IDEKiller2 GTA3Xbox version, and put the files in their corrosponding folders.
4. Run IDEKiller2.EXE and when its done,
5. Open up the img in IMGTool
6. Search for AIRTRAIN.TXD, then dont click anything, just scroll down to YARDIE.DFF
7. Hold shift, and click YARDIE.DFF, then delete them.
8. Next, search for RADAR00.TXD, click and scroll down to RADAR63.TXD, delete.
9. Delete STU_MAN.TXD and STU_WOM.TXD at the bottem.
10. Copy VC to the Xbox HD then to a new folder on the PC.
11. Use IDEKiller2 on it, but DONT use the files I talked about earlier, that was for GTA3.
12. Make a new folder somwhere named GTA3IMG and extract the clean gta3.img from vc to it.
13. Now extract the gta3.img to a folder somwhere.
14. Copy the GTA3 img file to the VC, do NOT replace anything yet.
EDIT: Once that is finished, download another copy of GTA3's gta3.img and dir to somwhere on your computer, put it in GTA3 models folder, overright the one in there.
Then go to your GTA3 xbox data folder, delete gta_vc.dat and rename gta3.dat to gta_vc.dat, run IDEKiller2.
Now, open the img, once again delete the cars, peds, and radar. Extract everything in there now to a folder and put it in your GTA3IMG folder.
15. Extract all the cols from GTA:LC's img to that folder and add lcgeneric to vcxbox's Models/Col folder.
16. Run IMGPacker, select the folder with the img files and pack.
17. Rename your new img and dir to GTA3.IMG and GTA3.DIR
18. Replace the gta3.img and dir in your VC Xbox folder with the new one.
19. Replace the whole data folder with the GTA:LC one and download it, extract and replace them in the data folder that make it Xbox compatible.
20. Take the GTA:LC GXT's and put them in your VC Xbox TEXT folder.
21. Take the audio, copy it to Audio and Audio/Missions (not sure what it uses yet)
22. DELETE GTAVC.CAP.FINAL then run the game.
EDIT: in your gta3 xbox models folder is generic.txd, make it gtaiii.txd and add it to the img.
And a fix for the gas station (may show up white):
Open the GTA3.IMG, extract petrol.txd (dont delete it). Rename the one you extracted to petrollc.txd and add it to the IMG, rebuild the IMG, and upload it to your Xbox smile.gif .

OPTIONAL FEATURES:
GTA3 Player model and skins (See my How To Replace Player Skin and Model tutorial)
GTA3 Ped models and skins (See my How To Replace Player Skin and Model tutorial)
GTA3 Radio stations (Install instructions below)
GTA3 Cars (Use the GTA3 Xbox cars, but rename them to the right ones, use GTA:LC for refrence)
GTA3 Splash Screens (Convert to Xbox TXD and put them in VCXbox/TXD)
Shadow and road gloss fix

Radio installation:
Copy the GTA3 Radio files to a folder. NOTE: Extensions for VC and GTA3 radio stations (both use wma [go figure, Microjunk] are the same for Xbox, so no conversion needed)
Rename them:
HEAD--->WILD
CLASS--->FLASH (make it FLASH1 for temp)
KJAH--->KCHAT
RISE--->FEVER
LIPS--->VROCK
GAME--->VCPR
MSX--->ESPANT
FLASH--->EMOTION
CHAT--->WAVE

Once done, rename Flash1 back to flash.

KNOWN BUGS:
1. White trees (only solid ones)
2. LandNE will not work unless you like freezes.
3. No WORKING missions yet.
4. No Overview, freezes
5. Grey transperent box on the screen, I dunno how to fix it :-/ .
Report any more bugs and solutions if possible.

EXTRA INSTRUCTIONS FOR COPYING THIS TO XBOX!:

Step 1: Download my installer, follow its instuctions.
Step 2: Connect to your Xbox (Via a softmod, get a tutorial for one on Xbox-Scene)
Step 3: Browse to /E/Games/ on your xbox.
Step 4: Create a new folder named GTA: LC
Step 5: Copy all of the modded GTA: LC xbox files into there (xbe and all).
Step 6. Delete the .CAP file
Step 7: Edit your EvoX ini to the Games folder or w/e.
Step 8: Launch from EvoX.
-!DONT TRY TO LOAD VC SAVES!-
To remove the grey box, just simply save a game in LC Xbox, and load it. - Credit for that fix goes to elrayzeur.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 August 2004 - 01:29 AM

the ONLY way i can get the pics to work, is to turn make a link out of your URL's, and choose "save target as".

anyway, nice. im glad you used the xbox gta3 files, which have the enhanced lightign effects and shadows baked into the models / txd's. For those of you who dont know, gta3:xbox, uses lightmaps, where the shadows are stored in a spearate texturemap, and that map is blended with the diffuse map, in a separate uv channel. its really pretty tounge.gif
the pc version looks like ass compared to it.

good job cookie.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 13 August 2004 - 06:48 AM

Nice job Run Down That Guy, I've added it to the archvies.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 14 August 2004 - 08:35 AM

I am looking into the grey box issue, I think that it is the SCM and GXT calling a key that has been changed or is not there. I also noticed that the XBE loads a text file in the folder neo, it converts the PS2 keys to Xbox keys, seeing how R* can be lazy. I will update it with the new keys and test it.

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 August 2004 - 03:56 PM

This tutorial is bunk. I followed it to the letter, updated files an all, and it dont work. If you have it working, why not post everything but the xbe so everyone can enjoy this. Did you leave something out of it or what?

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 15 August 2004 - 04:05 PM

OK, I was reading over and I saw I forgot a few things, I will update it in a few minutes, btw, I cant upload everything yet, I have dialup for a little while because my DSL is being upgraded.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:37 AM

R* might not be against uploading pc content, as its more or less assumed to be modded anyway, if its on the pc. but I'm not sure what they would think of uploading the entire xbox .img files. But, your call..

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

So, why not upload everything exept the xbe, requiring the other people to already oun a copy to use this mod? I dont think thats asking to much since he's not attempting to make any money from this. As long as there are no changes made in the xbe, the mod should work and it wouldnt be any different than uploading pc modz, would it? leagaly i mean.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:13 PM

Ashdexx, point out exactly where it says I cant mod GTAVC Xbox and upload the img files and I wont upload them. tounge.gif , if you point that out, then say BYE BYE to GTA:LC, becaues its doing the same by distributing an IMG with both game content.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 August 2004 - 09:54 PM

I'll check out my game manual when i get home. But bear in mind, that the manual on the pc version of the game, as far as i can tell, only prohibits the redistribution / modification of the exe, not any of the assets. The same might be true for the xbox, and infact, probably is, but ill still check.

In any case, if it is indeed true, the mod is still possible. The double pack comes with both games, so you would just need to modify your instructions to tell how to get the gta xbox files to your computer, and insert them into the vice img. Instead of dsitributing the entire img itself, you could just post the instructions on how the user can do it themselves.

Im not sure how the PC version of gta:lc is being distributed, i dont approve up uploading an entire img with all the files though. Preferably a script to do the actions for the user, from both installations of the game. Thus ensuring, as much as possible under the circumstances anyway, that legit copies of the game are being run.

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 17 August 2004 - 11:42 PM

read the whole tutorial tounge.gif , just INSEARTING the files takes time, because the IMG has a limit of how many files imported at once, so its easier to make a new IMG.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:31 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 18 August 2004 - 01:37 AM.

QUOTE (Run down that guy!! @ Aug 17 2004, 16:13)
Ashdexx, point out exactly where it says I cant mod GTAVC Xbox and upload the img files and I wont upload them. tounge.gif , if you point that out, then say BYE BYE to GTA:LC, becaues its doing the same by distributing an IMG with both game content.

The difference is we're not distributing an entire game. Just downloading our mod isn't enough to play the game. Whereas if your giving out an iso file, it will allow anyone to play the mod (even if they've never owned a GTA game)

EDIT: It looks like your not giving out an iso. I was confusing you with another team that's doing an XBox conversion, I think.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 August 2004 - 09:49 AM

hmmmm.......wow like.....hmmm....I'd be tempted to get a version of Linux up on it, run a lil windows emulator and just play GTA that way...

After all getting Linux on an Xbox seems comparatively easy smile.gif
....and putting sh*t on the HDD too...After all its controller port is just a USB port with one comparatively useless Yellow wire smile.gif for data transfer anyway

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 August 2004 - 11:11 AM

Every distro of Linux I've seen for the Xbox runs like arse when it comes to 3D. Remember, the Xbox only has 64MB of RAM and a 733Mhz CPU, and with Linux running on top of that, there's not that much left over for things like emulating DirectX confused.gif

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 August 2004 - 03:48 PM

Opius is right. Besides that, xbox version has better graphics, so why go ass backwards to turn your xbox into a pc?

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2004 - 08:33 PM

so where can i get a copy of this? I tried the tutorial and it freezes, are you leaving something out?

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:03 AM

No, BUT, I tested the tutorial 5 times, worked every time, so be sure you have the gta3 generic (gta3xbox/models/generic.txd) in the IMG AND it be renamed to gtaiii.txd, the GTA_VC.DAT DOES NOT LOAD, overview, 2dfix IPL's (deleting the load 2dfix ides causes freeze for some reason) and ESPECIALLY make sure it dosnt load landne.ide, that is a definant freeze. I am fixing it as I type, I figured out it is trying to load too many objects in 1 IDE, so I am making 3 seperate IDE's for landne with 3 seperate cols. Also be sure there are no duplacate txd's or dff's in the img. And make sure it has all the cars, no duplacitats again, and it uses the GTALC player dff with a Xbox compressed TXD.

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2004 - 04:47 AM

I'll give it another shot and let you know what happens. I'm surprised gtaforums or gtagaming.com isnt willing to host this for you, i bet it would get tons of hits

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 29 August 2004 - 05:21 AM

Well, you can filter down the problem by:
A) Using moomapper to verify the img and stuff
and/or
B) Editing out the SSV and Staunton IPL's (NOT IDEs) in GTA_VC.DAT

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2004 - 03:17 AM

Hey, thanks for the heads up, i'll be trying it tonight. I'll post the results to let you know

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:31 AM

Dude, i went over and over this. I even had a friend compile a copy on his pc. It's not working. I did everything you've suggested, I grabbed your updated files, still nothing. i ran moo-mapper and it says i need a bunch of rev.dff files (from the LC Pc IMG) but above it says you dont need them. I'm asking you again to check the tutorial and see if you've missed something, cause ive tested it in stages, nothing works. Im not a noob at modding the game and im familiar with all the DXT compression stuff, I just dont get what im doing wrong here.

Has anyone else had any luck getting this to run? Both gta3 an vice run great on my xbox any other time (yes i know about deleting the game saves in the M$ dash)

I have a 1.4 xbox
120 gig W.Digital HDD
onboard tsop flashed (no chip)

Run Down That Guy
  • Run Down That Guy

Hmmm

• Members

Posted 31 August 2004 - 01:43 AM

Aight, if all you get is missing DFF's your loading a bad IPL. I am sending my good friend ragingcow the data and models folder on a CD, he will upload it to his FTP and none of this will be needed except an install tutorial for the models and data folder tounge.gif .

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2004 - 02:47 PM

Can you give me the FTP info or PM it to me, i'm dying to try this! I looked around the forum but i cant find a reference to it.

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 August 2004 - 04:18 PM

Something i noticed (you probly already saw). Just as a test, i replaced the map files from gta3xbox with the map files from gta3Pc, the results were odd:::: everything showed up but was in odd placement. you could walk through stuff and get stuck on invisible things. Everything seemed to have the wrong hight/ long/ latitude. I dont know if this helps at all, but its something i thought i should point out given what you said about bad ipls. I was thinking things might load easyer if it was reading the original gta3xbox map files instead of the LC ones.

PS: i'm dying to get on your buddys FTP, do i need anything specific to get in? I use flassh fxp for my xbox, will that work?

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 September 2004 - 03:31 AM

why arent you responding to me man? I can help host this for you if you guys need it. I can give uploads up to 1mg/sec an have about 37 gigs im not using an no cap on transit amounts. Let me know something.

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2004 - 07:02 PM

I'm still waiting dude. You could at least PM me or something. I'm sorry if im comming across like an ass but c'mon man, whats the deal here?? You say it works, you say your ragingcow buddy has it on his FTP, so what gives??

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 September 2004 - 08:58 PM

Jeeze way to quard druple post... Don't post like this, just edit your post. And if its only RDTG that you are trying to contact PM him....

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 September 2004 - 02:09 PM

"quote"
Jeeze way to quard druple post... Don't post like this, just edit your post. And if its only RDTG that you are trying to contact PM him....
"end quote"

Ok, first, its "quadruple", lol. Sec., Check my posting dates guy, i've been trying like hell to get some answers from him. You might notice I brought up the idea of PM'ing back an forth on topic, but im gettin nothing back from him. I didnt just sit down an write a bunch of annoying posts, I'm trying to help AS WELL as get help. I'm offering to host this for him an everyone else but i cant figure out why someone would make a non-working tutorial.

BTW: I'm not trying to be a smartass by saying this, but next time you feel i'm posting to often, PM ME instead of commenting off-subject in the forum:P

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 10 September 2004 - 10:28 PM

I have no need to PM you. I'm the led by of the tutorial forum. So its my job making sure everyone stickts to the rules in here and doesn't post like you were.

Maybe hes not responding, because hes fed up of you?

leopold_stoch
  • leopold_stoch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 September 2004 - 03:22 AM

Fed up, how?? Check the post dates, i've been trying to sort this out for a while now. I can see how it means nothing to you, but it means something to the rest of us. I'd like to know how you can justify keeping a tutorial posted that dont work. Now before you start saying im just doing it wrong, try it yourself, it dont work, im just trying to get some answers here and its not like he started a new topic on it or anything. You have no reason to bump in here with an attitude telling people they post to much when ive told you, if you have a prob with my posts, PM ME. This topic is to discuss the developmental proccess of the mod, not to do unproductive things like bitch about how many times a person can post. Yeah i could just edit my last post a billion times but i was hoping he might notice how urgent i was in solving this problem. This is the problem with forums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users