Photo

PASSING THE TORCH

37 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Aug 13 2007, 01:25)
Damn Ben. Didn't you get the memo that real life had to take a back seat for at least a year before giving up the mod?  tounge.gif

Nah, apparently you forgot to pass that memo on to me - I'll just blame you tounge.gif.

Out of every project leader, Ben (who's no longer a Blink182 fan) has done the best job in
organizing the forum and creating guides to help others along the way. His contributions will continue to help the mod for a long time.

Thanks. People like Alex and yourself played a large part in that though, paving the way and helping me out. wink.gif

The position of Liberty City's "Team Leader" can be as much or as little work as the leader chooses. Unfortunately, the progress of the mod is almost directly related to the effort that the leader gives. When I was really spending a lot of time working on this project, it inspired others to do the same. I eventually reached a point where my effort no longer helped. I just didn't know what else to do. And then my priorities greatly shifted. I'm no longer on my computer during every moment of my free time. Hell, I'm barely on it at all anymore. So my participation is next to impossible.

That is, in a way, basically my story. Although I am still at the computer a bit, the focus is more on doing uni work more so than spending time on a gaming project.

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ Aug 13 2007, 22:23)
@Ben: Payback, traitor!  tounge.gif
Nah, I completely understand your reasons, and wish you all the best. You've done a great job as the team leader. It's been an honor serving under you, sir.  smile.gif

Hehe, yeah.

Thanks for the kind words - I'm sure I would've been lost without your help and contributions along the way. smile.gif

dr.mabuse
  • dr.mabuse

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:37 AM

Having just found out tonight that there is a new LC team leader, I could no longer remain silent. I have to post at least to welcome SteaVor. We've bantered and I knew the guy was both talented and indeed a "good guy." I only mention my opinion of him because my eyes have not been as watchful on the GTA scene and certainly not the LC scene for a long time now.

Since I'm not one for rule-breaking, I'm going to use this one post to say everything that "needs" to be said. Especially since my next subject wouldn't have a proper forum to post it in anyways...

A lot of people have asked me A) why I'm banned and B) what happened to my hosting. As some have supposed, the two are indirectly related. I am banned for no sound reason. An admin has investigated the banning and all that lead up to it and agreed that no action was warranted at any point in time. Why then wasn't it overturned? Well, when was the last time GTAF was about what's right, just, or even just plain in the fair interest of GTA? wink.gif After which, my hosting expired. I chose not to renew primarily for financial reasons. In the past, I would've made the sacrifice just because of the number of people that benefitted from the site. Basically, the community has shoved me out once again and I'm in no position to pay for the "pleasure" of a dog I feed biting me all the time. I apologize to those who paid no mind to the bullsh*t and/or saw it for what it was, that my decision means genuine GTA'ers could not benefit from some of my work.

So congrats to SteaVor. Congrats also to Mercie and Fuzzy (not related to LC). Until such a time when I am reinstated as would be appropriate, I bid everybody a nice life. As always, love to hester mofet.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 22 September 2007 - 01:55 PM Edited by SteaVor, 22 September 2007 - 02:00 PM.

Oh my, it's Demarest Himself!
I'm highly honored by the fact that you posted (and took the risk of being insta-banned) just because of my promotion. blush.gif Thanks for clearing up the other issues as well. I'm really missing your site. And I've cursed myself because I lost your 'blitz' savegame, that you used to demonstrate what's possible in regards to tampering with savegames, when my HDD crashed on me lately.

Anyway, thank you very very much for your kind words, it means really much to me. smile.gif

btw: Is it just me or is the only action that the staff is quick to deal with the treatment of Demarest? At least that shows - time and time again - that the Off-Topic b*tches still rule the forums... suicidal.gif

GTAThomas
  • GTAThomas

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 11:19 AM

Congratulations, dude! colgate.gif
I signed up for this forum about two years ago just so I could help out this mod a little. I wish I could have done more/finished what I started.
The dedication you guys put into GTA:LC is amazing. Much respect!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 24 September 2007 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (GTAThomas @ Sep 24 2007, 21:19)
Congratulations, dude! colgate.gif
I signed up for this forum about two years ago just so I could help out this mod a little. I wish I could have done more/finished what I started.
The dedication you guys put into GTA:LC is amazing. Much respect!

Wow, Thomas! Haven't seen you in AGES. Hope everything's well smile.gif.

Your help back in the day was much appreciated, as I hope you know. Thanks once again wink.gif.

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:42 PM Edited by Y_Less, 24 October 2007 - 12:44 PM.

wow.gif No-one tells me anything anymore, the IRC channel is still alive and kicking (although the average member count has halved to two sad.gif, one of them a bot). Anyway, sorry to hear about this Ben and congratulations SteaVor, just shows how out the loop I am when I don't even know things like this are going on.

Anyway, due to full time employment, as with Craig my time on the computer at home is becoming less and less, even my involvement with SA:MP is grinding to a steady halt. However I have always been around on IRC, and will continue to be so, so if you ever need any help with anything drop by (#gtalc on irc.gtanet.com), I've always been happy to help, unfortunately you have to come find me now.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 01:16 AM

No-one tells you anything because no-one knows that you're still around - over at FBI HQ we all just assumed you'd found your "Y" tounge.gif. Anyway, it's good to see you ARE still around, and willing to help out (albeit just a little bit).

smile.gif

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 25 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

I've got VC back now so I can help as much as you need, you just need to find me and tell me what to help with (and I've told you where I'll be so it shouldn't be that hard tounge.gif).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users