Photo

[REL|BETA V.2] F-1500 Thunder

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
54 replies to this topic
Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:59 AM Edited by Mista_G, 12 July 2004 - 08:02 AM.

Hey, Beta V.2 of this bad boy is now out! alot of bugs have been fixed, as you can see in the promo pic!

DAMAGE DAMAGE DAMAGE!!!!!!!!

alot of the gaps fixed such as the noticeable gap between the cabin and trunk!, new center caps with bolts on the wheels, and a whole lot more! even a new cars cols line with secondary colours for the interior!!!!!

download it and check out the readme to see what was all fixed and what is to be done

I need some ideas for extras for this truck as they will appear on the final version of this which I shall release once I get enough ideas to start working on the extras. And like stated in the readme please let me know if you find any new bugs that i've missed out on or forgot besides the obvious.

i'd also like to pay a special thanks to STM, SUCTION TESTICLE MAN! (forgot to in the 1st topic lol) for helping me get this in game, mapping this bad boy and helping me fix most of the bugs! a big list of credits where its due will be in the readme on the final version!

enjoy this version! its alot better then the 1st!

user posted image

F-1500 Thunder Beta V.2

F-1500 Thunder Beta V.2 (mirror)

thanks to kitteh and frekeah for hosting this file!

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:05 AM

Ok here are some pics I promised to mista_g, click to make them bigger!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Ok this is a great model g, the look is perfect for the game and fits in well. 2 small things though, there is a slight flickering on th left door and also the tyres need backs to them as you can see only the rim from the other side.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:20 AM

can you change the offical lot to some other car? illspirit owns the voodoo lot.

and i am not instaling it until then.
to use hydraulics on other car you can use >> this tool <<

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 09:36 AM

Yes g is aware of that and this model will end up using the sandkings slot but will need a custom col and handling. I personnally replaced the sandking and used the bobcat's col file along with the a slightly modified sandking handling.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:18 PM

@delfi: I figured I could add this over the sandking seeing as how its the same type, both more for speed and racing then anything, mine more road the offroad smile.gif

@gta3freak_2001: as you mentioned the wheels need backings cuz of the rim showing...I deleted the back because it was just a covered back, so with the double sided polys you couldn't see the underbody threw the wheels and it made it look really wierd but ill fix that and make the wheels 3d at the back!

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:37 PM

Damn, Mista, this truck rocks, it`s fun to replace it with the voodoo, There aren`t many trucks like this for VC you know, Damn I`m loving this baby so much.

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:33 AM

Hey! I did the damage too tounge.gif Glad to see you got it going in the end G, did you find out what the problem was before? <3D

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 July 2004 - 01:55 AM

QUOTE (Mista_G @ Jul 12 2004, 09:59)
I need some ideas for extras for this truck as they will appear on the final version of this which I shall release once I get enough ideas to start working on the extras.

Ever seen "pimp my ride" on MTV? Add some nice speakers, flatscreens and a PS2 to the loading space... wink.gif

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (ST.MU @ Jul 13 2004, 01:55)
QUOTE (Mista_G @ Jul 12 2004, 09:59)
I need some ideas for extras for this truck as they will appear on the final version of this which I shall release once I get enough ideas to start working on the extras.

Ever seen "pimp my ride" on MTV? Add some nice speakers, flatscreens and a PS2 to the loading space... wink.gif

heard of it but never seen it and all that stuff you mentioned....whos gunna go for it? i mean don't get me wrong I love sound systems and ice installs but this is for myraid...how is anyone going to like that?

I thought of it though, adding stickers as extras all over the car, fake audio equiptment like FONY XPLODE (sony explode) just rip off names and parts kinda like what the sandking has all over it but mine will be extras and not mapped onto the body...

@STM: yes you did do the damage biggrin.gif did I not mention that? sorry! lol

glad your all liking it biggrin.gif

In Your Nightmares
  • In Your Nightmares

yeah boie.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:26 AM

Mista how bout instead of the fony names how bout creating some vinyls for the side as extras.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:56 AM

@:IN^YOUR^NIGHTMARES: this isn't a rice mobile lol i'm not gunna add nawzzz and neon lights and rice stickers tounge.gif its a modified pick up with performance parts biggrin.gif bigger engine and different body styling...well the real truck that is, and its not intended for ricing lol a speaker system is fine tounge.gif but i dont wanna add....well wait a second lol I could maybe add flames on the front that extende to the rear... just an idear but nah....i don't want to : tounge.gif

In Your Nightmares
  • In Your Nightmares

yeah boie.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:11 AM

It was just a suggestion. But i think the flame thing would be alright. Offtopic- On the subject of ricers. I live in kentucky and you see these oh peices of rust buckets they call cars. Now that is disgusting to see

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:34 AM

@IN^YOUR^NIGHTMARES: sorry I didn't mean to make it seem like I was mad or anything, just kinda in the process of yet another fight with my gf and possibly the last one the way its going tounge.gif meh....whatever sorry about that though!

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2004 - 03:51 AM

this truck just keeps getting better rolleyes.gif

Joel Kroll
  • Joel Kroll

Pat Flingerthingy

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:33 AM

That truck keeps getting better and better. Great job guy(s)!

Since I'm not much of a modeler I hate to be picky, but since you are asking if there's any bugs...

user posted image

@ GTA3Freak-2001: While using the Bobcat's COL file do you still have sparks coming from the truck? I have v. 1 replacing the Bobcat and v.2 replacing the Hotring. I've used both the Bobcat, Hotring, and a few modded COL files from other cars and still get sparks and it's hard to climb elevated roads. I even replaced the handling with a few different ones. Sorry to bother you with that, but I thought you might know. It's ok if you don't. Thanks!

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 04:54 AM

this is hard, I need to figure out what i'm going to replace my truck with, seems the bobcat col file isn't good but i will try and learn as fast as I can how to make a custom one for my truck oh and I will fix those 2 bugs biggrin.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 05:07 AM

@Joel - Nope no sparks except when hitting the curbs of Myriad which are a bitch for most cars. I kept the standard sandking handling except for changing it from 4WD to RWD. Is that correct g?

@G - I think the sandking is the best vehcile because of it sound fits your model, either get someone else to make a col or keep learning and do it yourself.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 07:37 AM

@Frekeh:exactly one of the reasons why I chose it biggrin.gif

@STM: sorry didn't see that post and yes it was because DON'T BLEND TEXTURES was selected in the attributes, stefaan pointed that out to me so I took it off and put it back in game and it worked biggrin.gif

@Freakeh again lol: I will learn to edit col files myself for the truck and for future reference on my 2 other cars ill have for myraid smile.gif

soon as I get done with the final version of this beast ill work on my Jagular Limo

ok back on topic!, I have decided on one extra which will be a TRAY COVER, I will add 4 or 5 extras if I get enough ideas for that many...

other ideas include, a fake sound system, steel tool case....but I actually think for my extras they will be appeareal extras, maybe chrome bar light covers, see them on alot of the higher end models or people like to have them on thier trucks and suvs, and I could add a chrome cage thingie lol what ever you call it in the trunk with lights on top, some stuff like that just for ideas...

I even had an idea of having a decal on the side that says "myraid motor cycles" takin from that beautiful myraid motor cycles building that was recently released for myraid biggrin.gif thought of having maybe spare motor cycle parts in it, pretty much using it as a myraid motor cycle truck, thier own service truck, just an idea! biggrin.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 08:22 AM

Ah yes good idea g, I am sure GeForec(the author of the Myriad Motocycles) would love to have a vehicle based on his lot. It could even be a parked vehicle on his lot.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:53 AM

here is version 1 of the extras biggrin.gif it features all chrome light covers and grill covers and nerf bars under the doors biggrin.gif as well as a steel tool box for the trunk which will not be put on this version of the extras, it will be featured on another extras version!

I was thinking for a 2nd extras version, have a couple lawn mowers in the back with some other gardening tools make a lawn services theme biggrin.gif

then a myraid motor cycle version

and a version with missilanious stuff in the trunk (spelt that wrong but I don't care)

so here is extra version 1 minus the tool box!

user posted image

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:09 AM

wow.gif
This keeps getting better and better.

That is all.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:17 AM

2nd extras version wink.gif which is a landscaping theme with a lawn mower, some bags of cut grass and a 2 peice ramp for the lawn mower, frekeh is doin me up some logos for the truck and i'm working on other items for this theme such as rakes and other tools biggrin.gif

user posted image

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:24 AM

Could you also please release 1 without the extras or just don`t lock the .dff.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:31 AM

why? tounge.gif extras are cool! are you planning on modding it?

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

No, I want to have a truck without lawnmowers and that stuff in the back tounge.gif (i suck at modding btw) The only reason why I Asked you not to lock the dff is so that i could delete the extras, that`s all.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

You should release the Lawn Mower as a car to replace the Baggage Handler smile.gif ,I like the extras!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 15 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

If you add extras try and make them as low poly as possible because they are just going to add up the polycount more and more. Also if you keep the extras make them fit with teh truck the green color aint too pretty imo.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 15 July 2004 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jul 15 2004, 21:05)
If you add extras try and make them as low poly as possible because they are just going to add up the polycount more and more. Also if you keep the extras make them fit with teh truck the green color aint too pretty imo.

Yeah g's keeping it as low as possible and considering extra's are exrta's there is a slight ley-way. Oh and the Lawnmower will be carcols compatible so it will match whatever color the truck is.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:27 PM

sorry for lack of updates people but I just added a tray cover for the back as well as more chrome wink.gif I wanna add fog lights to the top of this and make this sorta like a baja version, have it raised like the sandking...i dunnoo...just an idea... but I hate that i'm over the poly limit so this truck probabl wont get in sad.gif oh well here is a pic!

user posted image

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:12 PM

Why whats the polycount of the truck now? I suppoise a little extra could be given but dont over do it, I guess we will have to see the polycount at the final.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users