» «
Photo

[REL|FINAL? V1.2] 76 Sarin Molotov

42 replies to this topic
illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:51 PM Edited by illspirit, 28 July 2004 - 10:15 AM.

Well, the car's done, now we just need to get some gang peds ready to use the damn thing. Here's some screenshots:

user posted image user posted image user posted image

And, you can download the beast right here (333KB).

Thank you's are in order to Sadistic Machine for helping me set up the back doors and generally making me feel like a n00b, and to GT-1 for beta testing. You guys rock.

*edit - V1.1, added alpha channel to stickers, lowered suspension, same download link

*editē - V1.2, Included Cerb's sexy new handling setup. D/l link is the same.

Gentlemen
  • Gentlemen

NODUDE

• Members

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:54 PM

....mmm. nice biggrin.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:57 PM

Beautiful, just beautiful.

But are there reflections?

That is all.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:59 PM

I think i see a gta style reflection.If theres none is it that much a loss? is this car on the road then or a replacement for a gang car which wont be seen on the road till gangs are coded.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:37 PM

Yep, there's reflections. They're just subtle cuz it's black, I guess. ONce it's moving around they're noticeable. And yea, the ide line for it is set to make it drive around like a normal, well, 'poorfamily' car. biggrin.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:17 AM

WOW that rocks biggrin.gif any other Sarins to come out? smile.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 12:37 AM

Why yes, I do rock, thank you for notifying everyone. tounge.gif

Looks great, I'll download it now.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:54 AM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 06 July 2004 - 05:23 PM.

Wow this is very nice illy, I especially love the stickers on the rear window adds a nice touch. Anyway I took some screenshots and here they are:

http://www.supremesite.co.uk/LFM/Freak'...Stuff/punk1.jpg

http://www.supremesite.co.uk/LFM/Freak'...Stuff/punk2.jpg

http://www.supremesite.co.uk/LFM/Freak'...Stuff/punk3.jpg

http://www.supremesite.co.uk/LFM/Freak'...Stuff/punk4.jpg

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:47 AM

Very beautifull inlove.gif , this definatly deserves a place in my Myriad.

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

This is the most wonderfull car I ever seen Illspirit!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:35 AM

My and sadistic both rock then its official, j/k. I had fun riding her, great work as you already know.

Nice sign at the top of the forum also, I guess that was your doing illspirit. smile.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jul 6 2004, 21:35)
Nice sign at the top of the forum also, I guess that was your doing illspirit. smile.gif

Only half his wink.gif

That is all.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 July 2004 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jul 6 2004, 11:47)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Jul 6 2004, 21:35)

Only half his wink.gif

That is all.

Good work then to you and illy I hope it does its job. I dont know what wheels this will have ill have a mess around and see which suit is best.

user posted image

blink.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:30 PM

Illy, you liar! sly.gif Remember this post?
QUOTE (Illy @ "The sports car situation.")
If anyone would be so kind as to model the thing, I could handle the skinning. I just suck at making car meshes.

Sure. So who modeled that awesome beast on four wheels? Your cat?? tounge.gif

Great work, especially the interior and the stickers, lovely details. inlove.gif
But since there is a question mark behind the "final" in your topic title, I guess you are open to suggestions... wink.gif

- IMO it would look better if the stickers had alphas giving them a non-rectangular shape.
- You could save lots of polys by simplifying plane faces (eg. roof, engine block, doors, front). Tell your cat about performance.
- Maybe you should add some spheres to the col model, the sides are quite bumpy. Also, the faces are flipped, but I doubt it makes any difference on cars.

BTW, is there an uncomplicated way to test the suicide doors? Make it a taxi and let passengers get in?

jaanis
  • jaanis

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:49 PM

illspirit , whats the player model you are using in the game?? sam kinda girl!??!!? sarcasm.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 July 2004 - 05:15 PM Edited by Cerbera, 06 July 2004 - 05:21 PM.

There seems to be a pretty enourmous gap between the door and the edge it is hinged from, looking at it in this image?

The reflections and texturing look killer now it's in-game. If I could test it in-game myself I'm sure I could find faults but it's a great looking automobile. I've been having some sucess making "blind" handling lines, where I make calculated guesses about the settings it should have based on my experience of setting up similar cars. I've done fragdieb's pair of Porsche 911's at G! which he loved, SadMac seemed pretty keen after about a week of us tweaking the F1 setup, so how about it?

Just supply me the current line with flags and suspension settings correct in here and I'll see what I can do.

(EDIT) Will people show some consideration and NOT IMG link to enourmous images, please? I have to use these boards at 800x600 and I'm sure other people do as well. Those images are probably pushing the page out even at 1024x768.

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:01 PM

i think the texturing on the interior, the textures on the front bumper, and the front (grill, lights) really ruin the car.

_RicH_
  • _RicH_

its fun, we get to play with knifes

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 07:39 PM

dont get me wrong its a very nice car, i just dont think the texturing job on the body matches?

could you not try and use cuban hermes texture or something.

Gentlemen
  • Gentlemen

NODUDE

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:27 PM Edited by Gentlemen, 06 July 2004 - 08:35 PM.

mmm wat the hell evry body talk about....ITS NICE CAR! biggrin.gif good job...

_RicH_ i dont think the wanne do that becouse every thing on the mod much me new! and i like the TXD right know!! happy.gif

and i have test it!! but....not in Myriad city blush.gif i think i much wait 4 the installer happy.gif

right wat GT-1 below say is totely true!
and wat the hell...the car is nice!

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 July 2004 - 08:31 PM

I thought but this is me that the textures fit it nicely with Myriad, they are not perefct VC textures but they dont look bad or out of place imo and you wont see it all that often anyway.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 06 July 2004 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (Seve)
Illy, you liar! sly.gif Remember this post?
QUOTE (Illy @ "The sports car situation.")
If anyone would be so kind as to model the thing, I could handle the skinning. I just suck at making car meshes.

Sure. So who modeled that awesome beast on four wheels? Your cat?? tounge.gif

Great work, especially the interior and the stickers, lovely details. inlove.gif
But since there is a question mark behind the "final" in your topic title, I guess you are open to suggestions... wink.gif

My cat didn't model it, per se, as it's hard for her to type and use the mouse with her paws. Especially the mouse, since the always wants to bat it around. She did however sit beside me and use her telepathy to force me into making it. wow.gif

She thanks you for the compliments, and yea, it's a queationable final in case someone finds something which really needs changing.

QUOTE (Steve)
- IMO it would look better if the stickers had alphas giving them a non-rectangular shape.

I thought about doing that, but then I remembered alpaha'ed labels on cars have a nasty habit of anti-aliasing through the whole body, showing the ground, and quickly changed my mind. wink.gif

QUOTE (Steve)
- You could save lots of polys by simplifying plane faces (eg. roof, engine block, doors, front). Tell your cat about performance.

Hence part of the reason I said I suck at cars, never think about things like that 'til it's too late. The doors and roof have as many poly's as they do cuz I'm obsessive/compulsive when it comes to smooth normals. Changing them now would be far roo much trouble as I'd have to pretty much start the chassis from scratch again. The engine could be fixed, but it's only 8 or 9 triangles IIRC.

QUOTE (Steve)
- Maybe you should add some spheres to the col model, the sides are quite bumpy. Also, the faces are flipped, but I doubt it makes any difference on cars.

And that would be cuz I suck at making egg baskets. tounge.gif

QUOTE (Steve)
BTW, is there an uncomplicated way to test the suicide doors? Make it a taxi and let passengers get in?

Yea, just find some random women walking around the island, and type 'HOPINGIRL' until the car fills up. wink.gif

QUOTE (Jaanis)
illspirit , whats the player model you are using in the game?? sam kinda girl!??!!?

Ya, 'tis one of the models which will be in the gang that drive the car Pic

QUOTE (Cerb)
There seems to be a pretty enourmous gap between the door and the edge it is hinged from, looking at it in this image?

Hmmmm, I *think* that's just cuz the way the damaged version is shaped. Meh. Those doors are a bitch to set up too. sad.gif

QUOTE (Cerb)
The reflections and texturing look killer now it's in-game. If I could test it in-game myself I'm sure I could find faults but it's a great looking automobile. I've been having some sucess making "blind" handling lines, where I make calculated guesses about the settings it should have based on my experience of setting up similar cars. I've done fragdieb's pair of Porsche 911's at G! which he loved, SadMac seemed pretty keen after about a week of us tweaking the F1 setup, so how about it?

Just supply me the current line with flags and suspension settings correct in here and I'll see what I can do.

Glad ya like. I revamped the highlights and such around the pillars and top of the doors according to your feedback over in the Holy Lands. 'Tis a good thing you went even more off-topic than my original post was in the first place. wink.gif

And yea, if you want to have a go at the handling, you're more than welcome. My only request is to not lock the steering so abbruptly as I prefer driving cars with my analog gamepad. Here's the cfg line where you can grab the height, size, and flags.

CODE
VOODOO          1700.0 2.1 5.3 1.6 0.0 0.0  0.15 75  0.95 0.78 0.52 5 175.0 28.0 F P 11.1  0.53 0 35.0  2.0  0.12 0.2  0.24 25000 0.30 -0.28 0.5  0.6  1008102  0  1

QUOTE (Xyzar)
i think the texturing on the interior, the textures on the front bumper, and the front (grill, lights) really ruin the car.

illspirit cries

QUOTE (RicH)
dont get me wrong its a very nice car, i just dont think the texturing job on the body matches?

could you not try and use cuban hermes texture or something.

I could try reworking the skin some more, but remapping the Hermes texture onto it would take me ages (keep in mind, I suck at these things). But then, I don't know if that would help much as I've already done my best to match the colors on the Hermes skin to mine. Might it just be the higher resolution of my skin making it look so different? Just looking at it in PaintShop, resizing it to 50% makes it look more like cubanbody128...

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2004 - 10:17 PM

you made illspirit cry xyzar! you useless latrine monkey! die2.gif

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 07 July 2004 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (illy)
I thought about doing that, but then I remembered alpaha'ed labels on cars have a nasty habit of anti-aliasing through the whole body, showing the ground, and quickly changed my mind. wink.gif

ZMod allows to reorder faces automatically, so transparent faces are rendered last. This might fix this problem, at least try it.

QUOTE (illy)
The doors and roof have as many poly's as they do cuz I'm obsessive/compulsive when it comes to smooth normals. Changing them now would be far roo much trouble as I'd have to pretty much start the chassis from scratch again. The engine could be fixed, but it's only 8 or 9 triangles IIRC.

Why?? I was talking about plane faces, where the normals are all the same anyway, you'd just have to retexture the modified faces afterwards. Simply use the target weld feature of Max.

QUOTE (illy)
Yea, just find some random women walking around the island, and type 'HOPINGIRL' until the car fills up.

Oh, now this is great. smile.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:14 AM

The textures are kind of retro, makes me think of GTA 1. Which is a good thing. I like it. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

REspawn
  • REspawn

REgent

• Members

Posted 08 July 2004 - 04:48 AM

Excellent car with an oh so sexy old school gta feel.
Very nice defiantly deserves...
user posted image

Suction Testicle Man
  • Suction Testicle Man

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

• None

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

It looks great, I love the textures, but the front design isn't quite fitting somehow confused.gif The way the front stoops and frowns in that muscle car fashion looks great, but the headlights don't suit it. I think the headlights would look more effective altogether if they were made square, and the grill widened also. The grill looks to boxy and squarish, making the car look a bit too much like a toy car.

I'll update this post with a pic of what I mean in a few ticks.
<3D

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2004 - 02:12 PM

CODE
VOODOO          1700.0 2.1 5.3 1.6 0.0 0.0  0.15 75  0.95 0.78 0.52 5 175.0 28.0 F P 11.1  0.53 0 35.0  2.0  0.12 0.2  0.24 25000 0.30 -0.28 0.5  0.6  1008102  0  1
That's what I'll be working from, then. Why did you choose the car with the hyrdaulics and not the one with flame exhausts, though? Setting up suspension for hyrdos is a nightmare because they have to be very carefully matched between spring and damper tension so that the car still bounces. Can't you use a different car? I mean, a flame-painted muscle car wouldn't really get hydros fitted because it's a serious culture clash. Hydros are ghetto gangster posers; muscle cars are for getaway drivers escaping cops.

If you change it to a different car slot I can set it up fine but I can't do a decent setup AND make it react well to the hydro system. sad.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 09 July 2004 - 02:00 AM

Well you see the cuban hermes is already replaced with a Viper lookalike that has the exhausts placed currectly for the flames to come out. I personnally think its silly having a Viper stlyed car having flames come out so maybe we could change things around.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 09 July 2004 - 03:17 AM

It is possible to give more than one car a special feature such as hydros or flame exhausts through the wonders of hex editing. if it was really required we could make a .asi file with code in it that sets the memory addresses so that several cars have special properties. BTW the car looks great illspirit

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 09 July 2004 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (Steve)
ZMod allows to reorder faces automatically, so transparent faces are rendered last. This might fix this problem, at least try it.

Does it? I dunno a thing about ZMod, other than i've used it about 9 times ever to make a mere handful of cars. However, I didn't think it did anything automatically. lol. I'll have a looksee, and it it does, I'll be quite happy to have proper alpha channel'ed stickers....

Why?? I was talking about plane faces, where the normals are all the same anyway, you'd just have to retexture the modified faces afterwards. Simply use the target weld feature of Max.

Well, at this point, going back to Max would lose about a half a day's worth of work in ZMod fixing all the vertices which got broken during the export to .3ds, not to mention losing my sanity in the process. What I mean by the normals on the roof though is that the leading edge of it is curved, so to optimise it and keep the nice clean reflections, the most I could even do would be to knock about 20 triangles out of the middle with a collapse or target weld. In theory that culd be done in ZMod, but I haven't a clue how to texture there, and I don't think 20 traingles will hurt anyone one way or another.

@ STM - Ya, I know the headlights don't match it, they're supposed to be a junkyard flavored aftermarket addon type deal. And yea, the grille sucks. Guess I picked the wrong point in the model to start trying to conserve poly's, eh? tounge.gif

@ Cerb - Rah. Covered this in the PM, but I'll answer again here so everyone knows which page I'm on. It's supposed to be ghetto, and the real car it's loosely inspired by isn't a muscle car, but an ancient economy sedan.

@ REspawn - You really don't have to say nice things just cuz I mentioned you in the readme. tounge2.gif

@ JasonB - Yep, editing the memory to make two cars have flame exhausts is possible, but a pain in the ass. In any case, I wanted it to have hydraulics anyway, is that too much to ask? cryani.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users