» «

Welcome Back

90 replies to this topic
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:03 AM

Good to be back. Fresh air and natural light were scary. Good to see neg karma gone too.

street cheetah
  • street cheetah

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:09 AM

Welcome back foolz.

• Timage

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:23 AM

Good to see the forums back. Let the fun begin.

• ChibiMAK

Love Media

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:04 AM

I'm very impressed with the reforms from that crazy little incident. I'm offical "cooled-off" now so I don't really see anymore reasons to fight with demarest or any mod for that matter.

now, I've got bigger sig limits, no ugly stars under my name, and a bag of weed. Life is good. smile.gif

Dublo 7
  • Dublo 7

Trying Your Luck

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:10 AM

Yeah its great the forums are back.
I'm so happy my star has been erased colgate.gif

Sorry if I missed it in the post, but where did the pit go?

• meth.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:16 AM

Dub I think it's gone because it kinda promoted negativity. They actually bagged it before the forums were taken down.

• Refluxe

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:20 AM

Oooh 'The Lounge'. Hello

• Lowrider

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:27 AM

that wasn't a week

welcome back all!!! ! happy.gif

• reticulatingsplines

Hot Sex Madrigal in the Middle of my Tights

• The Precinct

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:29 AM

reticulatingsplines looks at The Lounge

When do the comfy couches arrive?

Lurvely to have you back, gtaf. Share the love.

reticulatingsplines looks for The Pit

So, it happened, finally. Guess I won't be needing the quote tags anymore biggrin.gif

• Opius

• Feroci

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:51 AM

It's a shame that the closure effected the two TCs the most, when they were the ones who contributed the least to all this.

But the forums are back now, and all is good.

That is all.

• Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:58 AM

All I can say is its good to be back.... I've missed the place. Lets hope the negativity stops now...

• Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:02 AM

I wanted to clarify something. When you meant no punishment for flaming, surely there is some by-law that designates what an acceptable level of name-calling is before someone steps in.

I am glad things are back to normal, and I'm glad it seems everyone is in good spirits. There are so many times that people come together and say "I want the forums to be better", like here and in my Negativity topic, but after a couple of days everyone forgets that they said it, and continue with their behavior. Why is this?

Good to hear that the staff did some rethinking as well while we were all on hiatus. I am also happy just to be posting again. Welcome back everyone. Let's do it right this time, seriously. No more bullsh*t.

• Thorazine

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:11 AM

Nice to see gtaforums is back!!!

good source
good info

but most of all...

good people

• Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:40 AM

I am pleased to see this place up and running again. It was a shame to see the trend of GTA forums being crippled by the acts of a select group of members. Good to see the staff have taken a stand and I hope that it helps with the harmony of the boards.

• De_Spank

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:46 AM

Finally people can open their eyes and realise it's a forum for gaming and fun. Members should stop taking everything so damn seriously... it just takes the fun out this place and destroys what we call a 'Community'.

• papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:29 AM

Thank fudge.

After doing evrything i usually do on the net, with this place being closed there was nothing to do, suddenly net life got boring.

Nice to have you back.

Macintire Sniper
  • Macintire Sniper

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:39 AM

Brillaint illy. Glad to see things picking up again. Also, does this mean that during the forum downtime ALL negative star's were removed? and that they aren't going to be used at ALL anymore?

[email protected]
  • [email protected]

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:03 AM

Great news. I really missed the forum alot. Alot changed here.

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 10:12 AM

And there's me thinking i lost my karma star because of my Staunton Island walkthrough, lol! biggrin.gif

Anywayz, even though i am a n00b, i can say welldone, and i hope this forum stays positive. As a newb/n00b, i can say that the thing that always gets me peed off is the older members treating the newbs like sh*t. Yet we were all newbs one time, even Demarest..... colgate.gif

Anywayz, i see you didn't manage the week closure! wink.gif

• EmSixTeen

yer ma's got athlete's foot!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Ireland

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:18 AM

First off, I'd like to say cheers for bringing back the forums. I suppose.

I have a couple of things to say though.. Personally, I don't see how we can supposedly think about and forums whilst off them, yet when we're on them act in a way that isn't serious at all. If you think about them offline, well, you're already taking them seriously.

I'm not too sure with the removal of negative karma. I liked being able to see if people had a tendancy to break the rules. To be honest, even somebody with sense can break a rule and get a star acidentally, as you hinted at. However, if somebody has in excess of 2 negative stars, then it's obvious that they aren't quite up to par.

Also, I'm sure I'm not the only person hazy on this, but what will really be done to warn people now, and when will it go into effect?

I mourn the Pit.

Basically, I liked the fact that these forums were more sophisticated than any others I have visited, they actually have rules, n00bs were quickly mashed into a shape where they weren't, people don't run rampage. Hopefully I will still like it, and it won't have lost this aspect of foruming, but.. That's exactly what is seemingly beign slaughtered.

Of course, these are only the opinions of a select individual, eh?

I am glad they're back though wink.gif

Chunky Monkey
  • Chunky Monkey

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (EmSixTeen @ Jun 28 2004, 11:18)
Also, I'm sure I'm not the only person hazy on this, but what will really be done to warn people now, and when will it go into effect?

I was thinking the same exact thing, but forgot to post it. How will someone who breaks the rules be warned now? You can't just ban everyone for posting a homophobic word or something like that. Yes, it does cut down abit on the negativity, but rule breakers need to be seperated from the good people, but they can't be anymore!

I'm glad the pit has gone. All the pit really was, was for the same people to be pitted over and over again, and somewhere where people went to start a topic about someone and hope others joined in. Real arguments should be 1-1, not 20-1..............

PS:- Where is my karma star for my walkthrough? lol.gif

• WidowMaker

Born with a black hat.

• The Precinct

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:27 AM

It's been a week already? wow.gif

I should probably post in agreement with the rest of the topic... so I will.

• Jakk

Banned for Ripping!

• None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:42 AM

Great! Its back. I have always thought this place was too strict (and too angry). I am glad of the changes. The new rules seem pretty straigh forward so hopefully every one will keep to them. smile.gif

The downtime seemed only like 3 days and not a week. Odd, isn't it?

• Daz

• Cyclop 9
  • None
  • Best Poster [Gaming] 2015
    Best Poster [Gaming] 2014

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:42 AM

I didnt even notice, well, yeah removing of stars, hmm, all this change, it seems alittle weird, i dont know if id adjust, id say keep the stars but not visable to to anyone, and the member can just go to karma log and check how many times they have been warned. or somthing. sorry i didnt have time to read the topic.

Admiral dashes off

• Alfresco

Admit Nothing. Deny Everything. Make Counter Accusations

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

does this mean i can change my sig now?

• Demarest

what could be

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:43 PM

Congrats to everybody and thanks to everybody for their efforts. Many have come forth and said many things about how to start anew and this really can be it. I'm in, anybody else?

• DJDeez

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:49 PM

Nice one illy, I like the way you handled it all, it's good to be back of course. cool.gif

• Warlord.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:11 PM

Its great the boards are back up.Its great the week finished so soon.And the no negative karma thing is superb.So I guess my star would be removed???Oh and I see someone changed Blargh to The Lounge.

• Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:25 PM

i counted how many times i clicked my bookamrk i my favs, even though i knew the forus were down....i clicked it a total of 12 times bored.gif its good to have to forums back.

• Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:27 PM

we're back! smile.gif i'm a happy man now

Good to see you'll be easyer on the users. it wasn't that good to star everybody for everything.

We'll see how it works out. hopefully GTAForums will become a nice, happy place. (now who wants a hug? biggrin.gif )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users