» «
Photo

Setting Up Your Car's Blueprints

10 replies to this topic
Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:44 PM Edited by Gangsta Killa, 26 February 2006 - 06:47 PM.

user posted image
Set Them Up The Right Way

About This Tutorial
The idea came for this tutorial, when I tried modeling a car. (Not That I Can) I used to use the sizes 1024 X 1024 for each

blueprint... Front and Sides. Now when I had the basis of a car it looked deformed. It then came to me one day to try a

different size, so I tried 512 X 512 for the Front and Rear blueprints, and 1024 X 1024 for the Side and Top. Lo behold, they

worked. The car didn't look deformed. Cutting up the blueprints can be a problem... You can use an basic image editor, but

its easier using one so that when you paste it. It will be centered already. Like Adobe Photoshop 7. Enough with the

information, Lets progress.
Cutting Up The Blueprints
[Note: The first few steps use Adobe Photoshop's Rulers, if you don't use Photoshop. Then you can skip these.

All images are linked.]

Once you have aquired your blueprints, you need to open these in your image editor. For this tutorial I am going to use Adobe

Photoshop 7.
I am going to use a blueprint of a Pugeot 405

-Pugeot 405 Blueprint-
Make sure that in Photoshop the Rulers are turned on. If not this can be found under View, or by pressing Ctrl + R. When the

rulers are on, in the center of the top ruler, click and drag a line down. Drag this to the first edge of the top view.

-Like This- Now drag another line down,

but this time to the bottom edge of the Top view.

-Like This-

Now click and drag this one to the front of the top view.

-Like This- Now drag another line to the

rear of the Top View-Like This-
That should be the top view now in a rectangle. We can now use the Rectangular Selector tool (Press M for short cut) we can

now select the view and copy it, and paste it in a new view with the Dimensions 1024 X 1024

-Like This- I'm pretty sure you know how to

create a new document in Photoshop, if not.. Stop... Close this tutorial... Close Photoshop and Shut Down Your computer...
Once you've created your new document, paste the top view in ( Ctrl + V) You should now have something that

like this. Theres something wrong with

that image, it's the wrong way... Its easy to fix it, just go to image ---> Rotate canvas ---> 90o CCW. Should end up with

something like this Now I'm not going to

do each view, so I'll just say Repeat that for each view. Except the rotating part as you don't need to do that for the

rest.
**Make Sure each view is saved as .BMP**

Should have these...

Side
Front
Rear

Into Zmodeler
open Zmodeler, and next to the left view, theres a little button that user posted imageClick on that and choose

background ---> image ----> load image. Like This When the other box comes up, choose add... And browse to where the side view is. Select it and press ok. The

image should now be in the side view of zmodeler. Repeat this for each view until you end up with something like this

Congraulations, you've just loaded the blueprints into zmodeler, now you can start modeling.

Ok, the blueprints of this tutorial, where cut up in Adobe photoshop 7. I will be online on msn [email protected]

for any help on this tutorial.

Hope this helped people.

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 24 June 2004 - 08:07 PM

you da man! cookie.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2004 - 06:41 PM

Urgh, another tutorial cluttered with borders and backgrounds. If you were writing for a web page then yeah, contain the text in tables. But the forum is already covered in layer upon layer of tables so adding more is senseless, imho.

WhoooMan
  • WhoooMan

wut.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:38 PM Edited by WhoooMan, 29 June 2004 - 08:41 PM.

Tables make them look good IMO.

nath247
  • nath247

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:22 PM

i tried loading it into backgrounds but i got a blue square suicidal.gif

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 04 July 2004 - 05:50 PM

Are your prints in .bmp format? Try zooming in, or is it a huge square?

Try going to 'Options / 3D view / Force Software'. For now thats all i can think of.

Lowrider
  • Lowrider

Lowrider

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 July 2004 - 04:43 AM

ok so i modeled a cool looking chopper in Zmod now uhh how do i export it to VC lol

Junky911
  • Junky911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2005 - 08:12 PM

When I put the image in the background I cant see it wtf?! suicidal.gif

mugen legend
  • mugen legend

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2008 - 06:57 AM

can you tell me where to get a file to open in adobe?? suicidal.gif

FPl302
  • FPl302

★ Modder!!! ★

• Members

Posted 10 January 2009 - 05:35 PM

I don't understand, so can somebody send a video tutorial. I have Adobe PhotoShop 7, CS, CS2, CS3 but on my computer is only installed CS3. Please help me!

ThumbRehab
  • ThumbRehab

Denied Access

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2009 - 04:49 AM Edited by eC.011loc, 05 March 2009 - 04:57 AM.

What if you only have Front and Side blueprint, not top and rear, will you be able to start animation?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users