520 replies to this topic
Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:34 PM Edited by miromiro, 15 May 2012 - 08:38 PM.

You might want to request your signature re-enabled here. Also, to make the Quote tags work, better use the code below. icon14.gif

If a journalist dared to accuse me of being influenced by GTA, I'd steal their car, run them over, and collect all of the glowing, levitating bank notes that emerged from their corpse.

CODE
[QUoTE]If a journalist dared to accuse me of being influenced by GTA, I'd steal their car, run them over, and collect all of the glowing, levitating bank notes that emerged from their corpse.[/QUOTE]

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:38 PM

I need a hand here sad.gif

My signature got disabled i really don't get this signature rules.

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Post in this topic to get your signature enabled. The signature size limits are 500x150 pixels, including text. Your current signature doesn't show up so I don't know if it's over-sized or not.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (Dragonjack @ Wednesday, Jul 11 2012, 14:38)
I need a hand here sad.gif

My signature got disabled i really don't get this signature rules.

What is not to understand? The image in your signature cannot be exceed 500x150 pixels and it cannot be more than 80kb in size.

Post in this topic to have it fixed.

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hey, my signature has been disabled. There for as stated in this topic I directed myself towards the re-enabled request topic.
It appears to be locked. What do I do now?

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (Intensified @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 13:39)
Hey, my signature has been disabled. There for as stated in this topic I directed myself towards the re-enabled request topic.

Not sure which one you're looking at, but the topic isn't locked.

Compeast
  • Compeast

Classic Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:59 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 16:41)
QUOTE (Intensified @ Thursday, Jul 12 2012, 13:39)

Not sure which one you're looking at, but the topic isn't locked.

That directed me to a different signature reactivation request threat. That's strange, oh well thanks anyways!
Have a cookie cookie.gif

Manny94
  • Manny94

~Lowrider Owner~

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2012 - 04:23 AM

when will i have my sig? it was in the red box. unless it was cuz of the quotes. but i guess next time ill just have this picture
user posted image

qaisjp
  • qaisjp

mta is cool. so is fivem.

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

can i advertise in my sig?

Miro
  • Miro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • Romania
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 13 November 2012 - 05:54 PM

Yes I guess it's alright as long as you don't make special posts for your advertisement.
Also, for further questions like this one, post in the "Have A Question?" topic. icon14.gif

Shou
  • Shou

y

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

A link in your signature is fine, but posting a topic about your site or PM'ing members with links to your site is not and will get you warnings so please remember that.

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 PM Edited by Carl CJ Johnsons Brother Brian, 21 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

What he said^ but I would like to add that if somebody advertises the website via PMs/comments/topics and it's the first time then it will be only a reminder or a verbal warning, but if it happens more often then it leads to full bans. As shoumic said, it's okay to advertise the website in the signature but that's it.

Edit: Sorry for the offtopic post. I will try to avoid it in the future.

Afrojacked
  • Afrojacked

I lift heavy things up, and put them down.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

test

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 19 May 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by GunWrath, 20 May 2013 - 01:47 AM.

I wonder if the signature size limits could be enlarged a hair in the new version or on the current?

Instead of 80kbs, perhaps 120kbs could be allowed? That way more detail could be added into signatures. It's a shame that some signatures we make have to be abit downgraded to fit the specs but rules are rules I suppose. Though the 500x150 is a good dimension to keep.. better than some forums where signatures have no limits. You'll see people with 800x250 and what not, with multiple signatures. So it makes it a pain in the ass to view forums at times. But I think 120kbs wouldn't really slow anything down.

Sgt. Foley
  • Sgt. Foley

Big Homie

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:46 AM

If that happens, which it never will, I will cry.

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:36 PM

Deleted my sig. Working on a new one (may be updated by the time this is read) so I'd appreciate it if I could get it re enabled.

Sorry about that, I swear I set the pixels to 500x150. Somehow it wound up being 500x185.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

mountaineer

• Administrator
  • Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013
    Best OGA Member 2014

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:53 PM

No worries, man. For future reference though, please use the Signature Re-Enabling thread in GTA Network Support: http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=268458

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

Douche of the highest order

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

These Rules are sh*t!, I mean come on, do Admins or Mods even look at people's sig/av? NO! i see inappropriate stuff all the time here. Please step up your game and do something. and Make the file size limit more! 80b is ridiculous for a sig. Get with the times here. it's not 2002 anymore guys! overhaul this system immediately.

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:25 PM

1) The size rules might be a bit on the small size, but it's out of our control considering how many people view this forum and loading times etc as well as the age of our software.

2) If you see oversized or inappropriate images, click onto their profile and click report to moderator. We do in fact disable many of them per day so your reports are noticed.

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:56 AM Edited by M_Roc, 18 August 2013 - 04:54 AM.

Okay I've came to the conclusion that these Rules for the Sig and Avatar are a shame. If the Avatar is allowed any size limit why not the signature, I'll rather it be the opposite. Make the avatar a limit and the signature no limit! The rules make no sense! bandwidth speakingly, The avatars use the same bandwidth even if they are automatically re-sized to 64x64 they are still the same image size as uploaded. so saying this even if your trying to control sites limits, you are not considering that Avatars are way past 80kb for most of the members. Like said these rules make no sense what so ever. You have to agree, check my statement.

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Bump ^

No one pays attention to this!

Kirsty
  • Kirsty

• Administrator
  • United-Kingdom
  • Best Administrator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful 2014
    Best Moderator 2013
    Most Helpful 2013

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (M_Roc @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 04:56)
The rules make no sense!

But they are the rules. It has been suggested many times before and I can see it's a point of frustration for you but it's just how it is, they are there for a reason and it can't be changed at the present time. So work your graphics around the rules like everyone else manages to.

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

QUOTE (Kirsty @ Monday, Aug 19 2013, 16:30)
QUOTE (M_Roc @ Sunday, Aug 18 2013, 04:56)
The rules make no sense!

But they are the rules. It has been suggested many times before and I can see it's a point of frustration for you but it's just how it is, they are there for a reason and it can't be changed at the present time. So work your graphics around the rules like everyone else manages to.

But they contradict them selves.. How can the avatars be any size limit, but the signatures not? it just makes no sense. You guys are wasting your time disabling signatures and re enabling them, that wastes time where it can be put to better use somewhere else on the forums.. You get what I'm saying? It just seems like a big hassle.. And makes no sense logical or scientifically speaking.
And rules can be changed, it's as simple as going in the ACP and changing around some numbers.. Admins just gotta take the effort.

Janky
  • Janky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:38 PM

Rules can be changed, but they won't.

Like Kirsty said before, it is out of their control because of the amount of people viewing these forums and the age of the software being used. Raising the size of signatures will lower the load speed of the forums and use up space that is simply not there. Nothing is wrong with the current signature size.

Also raising the dimensions of signatures will only stretch the page out. Right now it is very easy to read everyone's posts without having this oversized image taking up the entire screen.

Anastasis
  • Anastasis

First blood

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:41 PM Edited by RyujinXKaizer, 20 August 2013 - 01:43 PM.

QUOTE (M_Roc @ Wednesday, Aug 14 2013, 04:39)
These Rules are sh*t!, I mean come on, do Admins or Mods even look at people's sig/av? NO! i see inappropriate stuff all the time here. Please step up your game and do something. and Make the file size limit more! 80b is ridiculous for a sig. Get with the times here. it's not 2002 anymore guys! overhaul this system immediately.

ADDENDUM (8th Jan 2005): Sexual imagery is banned in signatures and avatars. Women or men in signatures is no problem, including bikinis, hotpants, the usual glamour modelling outfits, and all the other stuff we see in the everyday media. However sexually suggestive images, even if they don't technically contain nudity, are not considered appropriate for this forum.

What Kirsty said, rules can't be changed for now.

This happened to me before, I had something inappropriate and it's not even in nude. But still it got removed. So I just went with the flow and never did it again.

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:43 PM Edited by M_Roc, 20 August 2013 - 06:07 PM.

QUOTE (Limitless @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 08:38)
Rules can be changed, but they won't.

Like Kirsty said before, it is out of their control because of the amount of people viewing these forums and the age of the software being used. Raising the size of signatures will lower the load speed of the forums and use up space that is simply not there. Nothing is wrong with the current signature size.

Also raising the dimensions of signatures will only stretch the page out. Right now it is very easy to read everyone's posts without having this over sized image taking up the entire screen.

You make no sense and don't know what the hell your talking about, You guys are morons.. It's simple math people.. If a avatar is 500kb and a signature is 80kb per user... that's a total bandwidth of 580kb... way over what is intended to.. just look at the people avatars on the forums, right click and view image proprieties.. most users have around 200kb for a avatar.. It won't make the forums lower then they already are... not if you reverse it so the signatures are no limit and the avatars are ... it will be the same amount of speed. i should know i run servers and design websites for a living! and i wasn't talking about the image dimensions. Now if a avatar is 200kb and you guys don't care... why should a signature be limit a limit of at least 500kb. it won't even hurt the servers...

I think people equate bandwidth with speed by mistake. Speed means the amount of time it takes to cover a distance. That's really more like latency in networking terms. People have better bandwidth ("speed") because their connection can simply send/receive more data at once.

Just picture 2 pipes. One is 1 inch in diameter, and the other is 6 inches in diameter. Now imagine the volume of water that could flow through the 6 inch pipe versus the 1 inch pipe. The water itself flows at a similar rate through both pipes; the difference is that the wider pipe can handle more water. Replace "water" with "data" and you have a basic idea of what's going on.

When thinking about maximizing image quality, resolution is usually the first thing that comes to mind. However, resolution is not the only factor that impacts quality. The amount of bandwidth available and used can have a dramatic impact on image quality. In this report, we examine bandwidth and the effect that it has on quality across numerous cameras.

Which Image Quality is Better?

To better understand image quality, let's start by examining two samples of the same scene side by side:
user posted image
Consider two questions:

Which camera has higher resolution? A or B?
Which camera is better? A or B?

It is pretty obvious that the image from Camera B is better so this should be a simple case.

The reality is that those images are from the same camera at the same resolution and frame rate (720p/30). All that was done to the camera was changing the Constant Bit Rate target from 512 Kb/s to 8 Mb/s.

Factors Impacting Quality

Even with the same resolution, two common settings impact quality:

Bit Rate: Most cameras can have their bit rate adjusted to specific levels (e.g., 512 Kb/s, 2 Mb/s, 8Mb/s, etc.)
Quantization Level: Most cameras can have the level of compression adjusted (often called a quality or compression setting with options from 1-10 or 0-100)

Typically, these are mutually exclusive. If you lock in bit rate, the camera will automatically adjust the quantization level to not exceed the bandwidth set. Vice versa, if you set the quantization level, the camera will automatically change the bandwidth consumed to make sure the quality / compression always stays at the same level.

Our Test Process

I wanted to better understand how changes in these two factors impact video quality. To do so, I did a series of tests with three HD cameras: the Axis P1344, the Sony CH140 and the Bosch NBN-921.

For the bandwidth tests, we tested each camera at the following levels:

512 Kb/s
1 Mb/s
2 Mb/s
4 Mb/s
8 Mb/s

I did this across a series of scenes to see how quality would vary in different conditions:

Daytime Indoors (300 lux)
Nighttime Indoors (.5 lux)
Daytime Intersection

Finally, we did a similar series of tests varying the quality level of a VBR camera (the Axis across 0, 30, 60 and 100 levels) to better understand changes in quality and bandwidth consumption.
I just flawed your system.

Ryan
  • Ryan

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (M_Roc @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 14:43)
Blah blah blah

You know what no means right?

S99
  • S99

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:27)
Blah blah blah

He doesn't even have a signature... So why is he complaining?

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:24 PM

QUOTE (Ryan @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:27)
Blah blah blah

Why are you being a rude ass? Can't handle the facts!?

M_Roc
  • M_Roc

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (MMD-stueycow @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 13:51)
QUOTE (Ryan @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:27)
Blah blah blah

He doesn't even have a signature... So why is he complaining?

And i'm not complaining im simply proving the rule system wrong and time consuming on the forum.. Im being innovative.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users