Photo

KNOWN BUGS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
85 replies to this topic
Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:31 PM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 01 December 2004 - 08:28 PM.

This is a list of all of the bugs that we know about, but haven't been able to fix yet. Please do not report on these as we already know about them. If you have the solution to any of these problems, then by all means feel free to help us out.

Also, this topic is a reference to bug posters of what not to tell us about. If you think you've found a bug, look in this topic first. If it's not here, then post about it in the BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES thread. Please do not post bug reports here.

The L-Train is replaced with a chase helicopter and does not function.

The water is transparent so you can see the subway and tunnels through the water.

The subway doesn't function.

Neither the car crusher nor the IE garages are is not functional.

The interior of the car showroom looks a little off.

The Dodo sounds like the RC Baron.

There is no wake when you're on the water, and the buoies appear to float above the surface of the water until you get close.

There are sections of water that is missing (This one is necessary to prevent the tunnels and other low areas from flooding)

Rain appears where it shouldn't. If anybody knows how to update the cull file, this can be fixed.

You can activate the unique jumps by flying over them (this was true in GTAIII, but it's a lot easier now)

The Cartel Cruiser and the Perennial sometimes appear all black.

Helicopters cannot fly very high in Shorside Vale. We can fix this so they go higher, but the speed which the helicopters go up and down becomes too extreme.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:10 PM

Good idea, I can get a pic of them if that would help when I get the time. smile.gif

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 May 2004 - 10:12 PM

Thats a nice list, I noticed everything on that list myself but I haven't noticed any other bugs apart from those.

Nice avatar Craig tounge.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:10 AM

Good work, Craig. I had to laugh at the irony though. It was just earlier today that I was about to post in the bugs thread that I think I'd rather hear of the same bug 10 times than to discourage those who help find them. Maybe this will acheive the happy medium smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 May 2004 - 03:42 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 14 July 2004 - 01:55 AM.

Wow you guys are draining my bandwidth.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:26 AM

There's another bug I've found, when you start out on the bridge if you move back and look through the side windows of the karuma, the bridge won't be there. I'll get a pic that space could put on his site.

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:38 AM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ May 29 2004, 04:42)
Pictures

Sooooo..... Anyone like my site?

For some reason only two of the pictures work. Could be my end though, but just giving you the heads-up.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:46 AM

All of them work from my end.

RMT
  • RMT

Grr

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 04 June 2004 - 10:55 AM

Wierdly enough, they work now.

Anyways, nice list. The problem with the Subway (see through water) can be solved by making a seabed. I think.

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (gta3freak_2001 @ Jun 4 2004, 10:26)
There's another bug I've found, when you start out on the bridge if you move back and look through the side windows of the karuma, the bridge won't be there. I'll get a pic that space could put on his site.

I noticed that yesterday too.

Does anyone else get a weird texture defect on the 3-4 storey car park in front of the pay'n'spray in staunton?

holdenrulz
  • holdenrulz

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:51 AM

Is it just me or that the garage in shoreside vale is missing a spot, It only has enought spots for 2 cars. But GTA III has 3 spots

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (holdenrulz @ Jun 4 2004, 12:51)
Is it just me or that the garage in shoreside vale is missing a spot, It only has enought spots for 2 cars. But GTA III has 3 spots

That's exactly what I was thinking when I was making the trainer. I was sure that GTAIII had 3 slots in the hideout garage.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:21 PM

There are quite a few bugs around still more than what I thought there would have been.
But atm and you can tell me if im wrong, these bugs dont seem to be getting fixed focus seems to be on the mission scripting and other things like an official installer, yes this is very good but the whole point atm is to get GTA3 ported to VC.
Since Killer.ip is not around and im not just gonna praise him but things seem to have slowed down in that area, hopefully things can get back up and running and this great mod will further. smile.gif

Ive been looking into a few bugs, that I have found and maybe I will be able to fix a few if possible I will release the relevant update.

I dont want to feel like im moaning and I could be wrong, I just have not heard much in the way of fixes atm.

Hammer83
  • Hammer83

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:10 PM

The number of cars per garage is set in the scm, but I'm not so sure that it's 3. There were certainly only 2 doors opening at Shoreside Vale in GTA3. After that you had to use tricks to get the third car in.

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2004 - 03:15 PM

The 2 doors of the SSV garage open at the same time, otherwise they would have created 2 sepperated garages in the scm.
But I'm also sure it took up to 3 cars in that garge without any problems

And I just checked the new scm and there is this line:
057A: set_garage $SHORESIDE_HIDEOUT_GARAGE max_cars_to 2?
Wich says that it only accepts 2 cars. It should be changed to 3.

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 04:16 PM

Yes, the SSV Garage took 3 cars. I've been modding Stauton's to do the same Since there's obviously plenty of room.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

The SSV garage was 3 cars. The Staunton one was set to 2 though it could hold a lot more in GTA3. In VC, it will still be limited to the engine's limit of 4.

>.<
  • >.<

TEH 1337

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:38 PM

Cant drive by on Bikes.

No peds on dam

when flying near dam wall its looks like your underwater ( i dont know how to explain this >.<)

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:40 PM Edited by CraigKostelecky, 04 June 2004 - 11:50 PM.

There is no bug in the game that prevents you from doing drive-bys on a bike, and there are peds on the dam. I can provide pictures of both.

If they're not in your game, then something went wrong with your installation.

EDIT: In fact, here is a picture of me doing a drive-by on a bike, shooting some peds on the dam.
user posted image

EDIT (Again): I'd like to state that this thread is not for reporting bugs. It's a reference so you don't tell us what we already know. And if you look at the first post, you'll see we've known there's an issue with the water for a long time.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 June 2004 - 01:48 AM

Here's a picture of the bug, which can be added to space's site for reference:

user posted image

Knaxia
  • Knaxia

ex-GTA:LC co-leader (sounds lame now)

• Members

Posted 05 June 2004 - 02:17 AM

The "unknown cause" bug on the Cartel Cruiser and on the Perennial that affects the 5 first datas in the carcols is also affecting the FBI car. It isn't really viewable since the car is already dark but it isn't normally 100% black, it's more like a vera dary grey/blue.

off-topic:
I don't post a lot anymore here and this on might be on of the latest I do here. I'm tired of GTA and of GTA modding in general, I might quit the mod in the next days or weeks (if I don't get any motivation back). Right now, I'm on a GoldenEye mod for ut2004 (HERE) and beta testing 3 Gamecube emulator, so my time is more on that.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 05 June 2004 - 08:11 PM

Are you sure about the FBI car having the black color bug? I've been spawning the FBI car at the beginning of my game for a while now (to test the emergency crane) and just like the Kuruma that you usually start with, this FBI car is always green. It's set that way in the code. Now as we know, the black bug will make it appear black even if the carcol has no black information in it. But the FBI car I spawn has never been black, it's always the same green color that the Kuruma is.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 05 June 2004 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE (CraigKostelecky @ Jun 5 2004, 16:11)
Are you sure about the FBI car having the black color bug? I've been spawning the FBI car at the beginning of my game for a while now (to test the emergency crane) and just like the Kuruma that you usually start with, this FBI car is always green. It's set that way in the code. Now as we know, the black bug will make it appear black even if the carcol has no black information in it. But the FBI car I spawn has never been black, it's always the same green color that the Kuruma is.

yes but the car is only green cause the scm told it to be green. it over rides the carcols file.

>.<
  • >.<

TEH 1337

• Members

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:38 PM

i was on the roof of the hospital and cop cars started spawning on top of eachother and when i got close it stopped i got a screenshot but i have no where to upload it.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

• The Connection

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:49 PM

New bugs go in the "BUGS, GLITCHES, and INCOMPLETES" thread. This thread is a reference of bugs we already know about.

And that screen would really be helpful, but please post it in the right thread.

karlneil
  • karlneil

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 June 2004 - 06:11 PM

happy to see my name in the games outro and readme biggrin.gif . thought ill download new ver. and look for bugs , here is what i came up with , sorry no pics cos my host is joking confused.gif .

the small red sign right near the entrance of the second islands hospital has the rear side not patched up , you can see the same texture as in front but mirrored and the lightposts look weird as well

oh and dodos wheels are waaay too small

bubby
  • bubby

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

I have just found next bug.

screen with stockexchange prices dosen't work:

user posted image

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

Unfortunantly, it will be extremely hard, if not impossible to get those back in the game. Those signs were all hard coded in GTA3, and the only one in Vice is at the stadium.

That is all.

CocaColaThief
  • CocaColaThief

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2004 - 02:01 PM

About the subway and L train: Could an unused car (Bloodring Banger or Hotring Racer, etc) be replaced with the subway models and the collision files replaced as well to recreate the subway and tram and then edit their paths to go around their tracks? (Is this the wrong thread to post this in?)

LC is awesome anyway!

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

If you did that when you get in the car train thing you would be able to drive it yourself, unless the script controlled the speed of the train

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users