Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. illando and arpeglio definatly need to be done. I'd also like to do MrMilti's Orbital city and his two lovely bridges.
Nice to have one of the gods (illy) in our presence. I figured you and Odie wouldn't mind, especially if I kept as much info from the original readme as possible. I just had someone steal my mod and call it their own so I know what that feels like -- kinda an interesting sensation, a bit burny and tingly:http://raceplanet.ru...oreinfo&id=1350
GT-1: I agree with you about the av but I'm going to keep this one a bit longer as you can see alot of detail on the puppet...
Your game could be crashing for a number of reasons. Here's a few:
1. error in a dat file
- if you edited any text file by hand then you may have forgot to dot one of you t's so double check it or try using the files I included in the zip. If you are using the current version of GTA:LC with no other mods then you should be able to use the included files without editing.
2. if you are trying to install the original GTA3 version of the highway then...
- your crash could be due to the 2dfx lights. Delete everything after the first "end" in the IDE file and you should be golden
- if you followed the directions from the old GTA3 version then you probably didn't edit your dat files correctly, like calling the the folder "maps" instead of "gta3maps".
3. did you put the highway folder in the data/gta3maps folder? Double check that and the dat files...
that's all I can think of so far.
|However when i edited my gta_vc.dat my self i got everything to load as far as seeing tommy and the starting car on the bridge.... then it crashes again.... |
Sleeper: thanks for catching the extra col line the the highway gta_vc.dat. I just updated the file. I never did experience the game crashing while in the game so I don't know what might have caused that. Unfortunatly we are facing some buggy roads ahead. BTW, the included gta_vc.dat works on my computer so maybe my computer is slightly better than yours. I've noticed that the number and complexity of mod objects you can install is directly related to your computer power.
|also one question about the readme...|
end of instruction 2:
|At this point rebuilding the archive is good for troubleshooting but normally you proceed to click "close" and exit the program.|
In other words: don't rebuild. It takes a while and usually makes no difference. If your game crashes then you should open the img file and rebuild to eliminate that as a possibility.More clearity about the 2dfx lights issue:
In case anyone is wondering, this has nothing to do with the 2dfx dff's that you guys have made to fix the 1 sided faces problem. This is ablout the 2dfx section of the IDE files that create those lights that Wolly was crying about. (I'm about to start crying too if noone knows why this is happening) but the deal is that when you load the original IDE from either the Stunt Park or the Highway, the game crashes because of the 2dfx lights (and smoke, etc.). As I said, I originally installed these mods in the first version of GTA:LC, the one the pine-creek put together. The game didn't crash, the lights and smoke were there, and everything worked fine. What has happened to GTA:LC since then that is causing the 2fx lights to crash the game? The Liberty City IDE's have working 2dfx lights and the format is exactly the same. I'm really stumped on this one.
Edited by jcab42, 27 May 2004 - 09:16 PM.