Quantcast

» «
Photo

What were your favorite and least favorite ...

17 replies to this topic
Cheatah
  • Cheatah

Right-hand man

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 12:40 AM

This is a different topic from the "what is your favorite character or what is your favorite mission in Vice City?"

THIS one is: What is your favorite storylines in Vice City? So not just one or two missions but which storyline(s) did you like the best, and why!? Was it the Malibu Missions leading up to "The Job"? Was it Phil' Place missions with "gun runners" and "boomshine sagion"... Or was it the very first missions like "The Party", "Back Alley Brawl" because they were so easy? tounge.gif

Anyways so try and think back through the whole game and which storylines you liked... And which ones you didn't like?

Personally I liked:

- The first few missions especially "The Party" because it was very cool to be introduced to the "big shots" of Vice City
- I liked "The Malibu" missions with the rounding up of guys like Cam Jones, Phil Cassidy, Hilary for the bank heist!
- I liked the Biker gang missions from Big Mitch Baker.
- And actually I liked the Haitian (Auntie Poulet) missions because a lot of them were done 'annoymously' (like the bombing the boats, and the sniping the Cubans from the roof top..etc)

Personally I didn't really like:

- Avery Carrington missions (especially not Demolision Man)
- And no offense to the great characters of Love Fist but i didn't really like their missions that much Especially because in the one about the Crazy guy who causing a ruckus at the Rock City place It was kinda stupid because you COULD SEE the actually guy in the crowd and you could kill him before he gets away!

- But other than that there was a few missions here and there that i didn't like but not enough to call off the whole storyline.

Ok so what are yours?

Cheatah
  • Cheatah

Right-hand man

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

Wow, Im kinda sad that nobody wants to reminise a bit about what storylines they enjoyed while playing GTA: Vice City =/ ...

But it's not that hard..--> All you have to do is write down a few storylines you liked and maybe a few you didn't because I'm sure you didn't like ever single one of the missions and im sure you liked some more than others... why not share?

thanks.
kbye. rah.gif

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:58 PM

actually i didn't pay too much attention to the story lines other than finding out what i supposed to be doing. i mean i didn't dislike them, but i wasn't very emotionally caught up in any sagas i don't think...althought mercedes (fariuza balk) asking to put her hand in my lap was memorable...and i enjoyed the missions/stories where i came up with (i thought) an unusual way of getting through (candy suxx, auntie poulet) more so than the stories where i got killed alot....(driver, demolition man)

Zap Zap
  • Zap Zap

.:[Peskele]:.

• Members

Posted 25 May 2004 - 07:45 PM

My favourites was the Vercetti Estate missions I think.
I dun really know why but I liked em

And that one I didnt like was the old haiti womens.
Cuz it was boring and bad missions.

MAD man
  • MAD man

Dr. Zoidberg Lookalike

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:23 AM Edited by MAD Man, 28 May 2004 - 09:38 PM.

~Like~
-Biker Missions
-Love Fist
-Vercetti Estate
-Film Studio
-Rosenberg
-Cuban Guy

~Dislike~

-Avery (except for "Two Bit Hit")
-Auntie Poulet

Dragon Flame
  • Dragon Flame

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:27 AM

my fav was the one where u had to kill Diaz
hated the bombs away

#1 Stunner
  • #1 Stunner

Streetballer Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

It might be strange, but I loved the first 5 or so missions that are really easy and get you into the feeling of the game. Smashing the jurors cars and fighting the chefs is an awesome way to get into vice city.

Cheatah
  • Cheatah

Right-hand man

• Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (#1 Stunner @ May 25 2004, 21:57)
It might be strange, but I loved the first 5 or so missions that are really easy and get you into the feeling of the game. Smashing the jurors cars and fighting the chefs is an awesome way to get into vice city.

Oh i totally know what you mean!

Hehe.. Speaking of which...

Actually one, if not THE most favorite mission was "The Party" because originally when you get dropped into the middle of Vice City you have no clue who is running the place and who are the big players...

So I loved The Party because it introduced guys like Diaz, Avery, Kent Paul, Steve Scott, and of course Cortez. ... Really the only main ones they missed out are the Cuban and Haitian leaders and the Mitch Baker Biker gang leader.... But hey they are all in the East End so they couldn't make it tounge.gif

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Current Mentos Freshness: 65%

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:11 AM

I liked the Malibu, Vercetti, and Rosenberg missions. "The Job" was the best mission in the whole game.

I disliked the Auntie or phone missions. The Bombs Away mission was extremly annoying, and I'm more of a face-to-face person in GTA:VC instead of phone missions, though "Check Out At The Check In" wasn't too bad tounge.gif

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE (#1 Stunner @ May 26 2004, 03:57)

i think i know what you mean. i liked being 'eased' into the game and surroundings as well! good point! since you don't know squat about your surroundings and npc behaviors and such at first....hell i used to get busted with 1 star at first, i think...then later 2..then 3, etc.

tagamaynila
  • tagamaynila

Bézier cultist

• The Connection

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:21 PM

Well, i hated the Auntie Poulet story. Tommy being hypnotized by stew?!

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 May 2004 - 03:50 PM

i dunno i liked the jamaican/haitian/voodoo vibe.

niekkari
  • niekkari

Hepburn Heights

• Members

Posted 26 May 2004 - 09:06 PM

I liked the missions Cortez gave! Like the tank mission and the mission where you meet the french guy at the mall biggrin.gif

B Rob
  • B Rob

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

Hatians
Vercetti
Film Studio
Malibu

Dislikes:
Love Fist

WagonOnWheels
  • WagonOnWheels

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:00 AM

Like:
Killing Diez
Malibu
Cortez
Rampages ( Not a storyline.. )
Suicide suicidal.gif

Dislike:
Cops
Poped Tires
Shotguns

/yourself
  • /yourself

Prankster

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:29 AM

I hate them all.

Super Rockin' Mr. Magic
  • Super Rockin' Mr. Magic

DJ of WildStyle

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:08 PM

I liked the Cafe Robina Missons I just thought Umberto was funny.

tommyalma
  • tommyalma

†לэ flỵĚήξ ךдxi

• Members

Posted 27 May 2004 - 09:10 PM

The Bank Job mission is by far my favorite, and it's great how they pulled all the Malibu missions together.

The Avery Carrington missions are actually pretty cool. You have two unique cars in the funeral mission, and his missions upon up a lot of stuff (costume changes, Leaf Links, the Cubans, etc)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users