[REL|WIP V2.7] Street Lighting

42 replies to this topic
GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:52 PM

New link UPDATED 29th JULY 2004

New link

[center]Everything should be up-to date!

Updated a few positions on the street lights and also deleted some, around the Opius Plaza.

Since Cerb is having problems with doing anything with his computer atm someone needs to keep up with the street lighting and as no-one atm is doing this I have learnt how to modify move and add different types of street lamps to Myriad. I can take over this job then if anyone wants some lighting added, but im busy atm so I could do it later atm im just changing some around that conflict with the lots released so they are not in the way.

If you want them plz have an idea of what type of lights you want adding, im only doing street lights no fancy logos are owt, but I thought that this maybe helpful.

These could be done easily after the release of lots because the file would simply just overwrite another one, with no changes that will damage the file or change it in anyway.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:33 AM Edited by gta3freak_2001, 18 May 2004 - 03:44 AM.

Well I know that currently one of the street lights in front of the Fire Station is floating due to the fire station lot's hedge so you may want to fix that.

EDIT:: Ok I've had a look around Myriad and found quite a few lots that are conflicting with the street lights so I've taken screenshots so you can better identify them.

user posted image
Here you can see the light post is sticking through the canvas awning of the shop.

user posted image
Another one but this time its actually on top of the awning for this shop.

user posted image
Ok not sure if this could be left the way it is but three light posts are on the top area of this building when they would be usually on the ground. They seem to look alright but not sure if they would realistically be practical in real life.

user posted image
Ok here 2 light posts are in the middle of the driveway's to the Supa Save.

user posted image
As you can see the light post is in the middle of this driveway leading to an alley on Opiu's lot.

user posted image
Here you can see that once again a couple of light posts are in the middle of a driveway which should be removed and as you can see the one on the right can just be moved.

user posted image
Here's the floating light post I mentioned before.

user posted image
Yet another light post in the driveway.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:34 AM Edited by GT-1, 19 May 2004 - 10:47 AM.

I noticed most of them things and I have already changed the lighting around the Fire Station by JFIFI, it seems you have done a little lighting yourself also. Pre-lighting this time though you should mail them the pre-lighted work and let them release that. smile.gif

Anyway this should take car of the firestation probs, should anyway can someone check just delete all the lamppost and mtraffic lines from the illcomSW.ipl they are all in a row and just add these in.

EDIT

GT-1

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:50 AM

Pre-lighting? Umm I haven't done anything in regards to Pre-lighting, hell I don't even know how to do it. Which screenshots give you this idea?

Anyway gald you've fixed the Fire Station lights and hope I've pointed out some things that help you fix these conflicting light posts.

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:18 PM Edited by GT-1, 28 May 2004 - 09:43 PM.

LINK REMOVED BY GT-1
This was made two months ago. Lightpoles were removed, not moved.[/color]

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:26 PM

ummm im sure even a noob can delete the lamp posts etc that conflict in moomapper sarcasm.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:09 PM

I dont know who that was aimed at but if it was at me, no one was doing this atm I have updated all by removing some and replacing others. I will get another link up sometime.

It may not be hard but to make a game complete all the easy jobs have to be done, so they might as well be kept up to date imo. smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:46 AM

Nice work GT1

G)-(OSTofCT
  • G)-(OSTofCT

Scorps4Life <3

• Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:35 AM

I can host the zip for you just create a read me and also you should combine you additions with Cerberas to avoid confusion.

Just e-mail it to me at [email protected] or [email protected]

I also was working on moving the street lamps but got side tracked and never finished it but, I am still working on the fire hydrants and maybe the utility poles as always if someone can beat me to it this is no problem it's less work for me. biggrin.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 May 2004 - 09:39 AM

I sent an email with the file fo you to host it, put the link here and ill update the link on teh d/l list. smile.gif

I sent it to [email protected]

Thanks GT-1

I had to redo quite a bit of the lighting round Opius' lot and also around the Park by LazioFreak but it seems all ok now. smile.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:26 AM Edited by GT-1, 28 May 2004 - 09:46 PM.

[b][color=#C5EDFE]I can also provide some hosting for it, so if you want you can send it to me at [email protected] but if not nevermind.
EDIT: Here's the link:

LINK REMOVED BY GT-1

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 19 May 2004 - 02:53 PM

Erm why does it says March in the tittle?

Good work though.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:13 PM

March where does it say March. sigh.gif

I found some problems with this already, but they are not noticeable after a few more lots are released I will update this again. smile.gif

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Feroci Racing
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 May 2004 - 07:23 PM

great work GT1, it's nice to see this one being updated...thanks cookie.gif

G)-(OSTofCT
  • G)-(OSTofCT

Scorps4Life <3

• Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:56 AM Edited by GT-1, 28 May 2004 - 09:48 PM.

I've hosted the update here

LINK REMOVED BY GT-1

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:55 PM Edited by GT-1, 19 June 2004 - 02:55 PM.

Everything should be up-to date!

Lord Mozilla
  • Lord Mozilla

GTA : Vice City European Mod

• Members

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:32 AM

great it's true some of the lights looked rubbish before....

When is an install script gonna be made ? Thinking about it I might make
one if I have time....

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:50 PM Edited by GT-1, 19 June 2004 - 02:57 PM.

Link removed by GT-1

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 May 2004 - 05:53 PM

Thanks God, I`ve just reinstalled my myriad, thanx Xploder! cool.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:06 PM

I was looking at this, and I thought "Why not just put it all into one separate IPL file? Then you could just copy the one file in, add the line to gta-vc.dat, everything works, and I don't have so much crap in my IPLs"

So I did. Is there an interest?

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:08 PM Edited by Xploder, 29 May 2004 - 08:35 AM.

The link at the top of the page has been updated with the single IPL stuff

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:55 PM Edited by GT-1, 19 June 2004 - 02:54 PM.

This has the single .ipl file which is alot easier for you peeps to install and everything.

GT-1

Please give feedback on any problems there could be. smile.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ May 28 2004, 21:55)
This has the single .ipl file which is alot easier for you peeps to install and everything.

GT-1

Please give feedback on any problems there could be. smile.gif
The whole point of splitting the map into quadrants of IPL's is so that all the generic stuff gets spread out across them all nice and neatly. If you lump all the declarations into just one IPL you'll have thousands and thousands of lines, with all the objects unordered. Also, by splitting them across IPL's it ties in with how the game engine operates - that's why R* stuck the generic stuff in with the normal stuff rather than doing it seperatly. I think they would know how best to organise thier own damn game, lol! biggrin.gif

Furthermore, putting the generic data into the relevant IPL makes it easier to add smaller updates which will be very useful for the moddifiers who alpha-test each others' properties as they won't have a ten-thousand line IPL to grapple with when they delete stuff, allowing them to just comment out the relevant lines using NotePad rather than having to fire up the resource-draining MooMapper.

The original edition of this thread, by me, is here. It includes the HTML page I made with all the major types of streetlight. If you don't want to load up the old thread to find that link, it is here but I hadn't done some of the more exotic types of street light. Gansta Killa made a tutorial about "Coronastar" lights which are basically the light that streetlights have. I investigated cullzones and came up with these results; the first definition is here. (You may find that first post doesn't exist because I asked for it to be split into the actual Cullzone definitions thread today.)

The basic convention I was using was that 4-lane roads use the taller, curvier posts and 2-lane roads use the shorter, narrower post. 2-lane roads use the shorter traffic light beams and the 4-lane ones use the longer traffic light beam. This is how they are done here in the UK and, for the most part, how they were done in GTA3 and GTAVC.

I didn't research what the conventions were for the placement of fire hydrants, bins and other street furniture but it should all be done to the SAME specification throughout the city, which means it should all really be done by ONE person. What makes it such a onerous task is that there were hundreds of objects to get placed accuratly even when I was doing it back in January, so there will be many thousands to do as the project develops.

Oh, it's not a smart move to have the download link spread all through the thread. It only needs to be in one place - at the start, like it was in the thread I was running. Incidentally, feel free to grab the contents of the first post but be sure to say that I did several hundred objects and the thread to start with! tounge.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 June 2004 - 02:53 PM

Yeah I know about the links I changed them because them posts had the old links in, people dont really visit the thread much so they download the file from the main download centre.
Also I knew this would come up about having all ipl lines in one folder I have that version and one which is all seperated up into each zone, such as illcom_NE.ipl and all that lines are commented in the file.
Atm this is the last update for a while ive got other things to sort to such as getting this installer organised and all that....

I will look at that page could never find it when you told me of it before. But I noticed a few things whilst going through the street lighting that was you placed some street lamps in both files which ment they overlaped which was quite annoying to find out but that was no problem and all should be ok now.

Things are sorted out and if people look in the file unless they edit it with Moo mapper they will find it is split up into sections inside the file.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

A bump and a double post, cant be bad eh? wow.gif There is no point is making a new topic so I will just post in this one with the updated link and all.
Another small update, only small things have changed to take into account the lots that have been released. Well the ones I have installed anyway which I think is all of them.

Myriad Street Lighting Update by Cerbera & GT-1 29.7.2004

Link to the file

• Removed/moved some lights around Snow Racer's Yacht Showroom.
• Removed the buoy that was coming through one of the piers by SR Yacht lot.
• Moved some around the Supa Save by Decay.
• Move some again from around the Plaza by Opie.

Also although this is in one file, if you look through its still seperated into illcom** so its quite easy to find your way around. Though when you open up Moomapper this dissapears and all appears as one file.

It wasnt my deciscion to put all the street lighting into 1 file but I find it easier to edit the street lighting this way so....

Anyway thats about it. GT-1

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:45 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 06 August 2004 - 12:50 AM.

Streetlights v2.4
-Deletes all duplicate streetlights

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 06 August 2004 - 12:52 AM

uhh, there's nothing in that file but an install script.

confused.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 August 2004 - 04:29 AM

Ah crap, must have been deleted when I was compressing it.
Reuploaded

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 06 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

Just out of intrest I wonder if I uploaded the wrong file before. rolleyes.gif I'll download this one and check it though.
About the duplicated street lamps, when I first messed around with it I took out around 50 of them because Cerb had set them up in sections and then sections ran into each other so there will be most probably be more about. confused.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 August 2004 - 11:19 AM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Aug 6 2004, 10:22)
Just out of intrest I wonder if I uploaded the wrong file before. rolleyes.gif I'll download this one and check it though.
About the duplicated street lamps, when I first messed around with it I took out around 50 of them because Cerb had set them up in sections and then sections ran into each other so there will be most probably be more about. confused.gif
Are you serious? Fifty duplicated lamps? LMAO! Now wonder it took so bloody long to add them! tounge2.gif

Is it possible that you ended up duplicating sections when you threw them all into the single uber-IPL? Where the duplicates I made systematic, like the first light clockwise from each traffic light or something?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users