HELP TOPIC

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,197 replies to this topic
crazydude
  • crazydude

Blah!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:10 PM

~tibs~ try going into the installer directory, and copy/paste all the files that are in there (ex. data, models etc) and paste them to the vice city directory.

What Smithers2 means is to manually take the files from the installer and paste them into the vc folder, since it seems as if the installer is having problems doing that for you automatically.

~tibs~
  • ~tibs~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:13 PM

ok i got lc installed now but i go to start a new game and it locks up and freezes when tha lil bar is a lil over half way, any help here

Real John
  • Real John

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:01 AM

I have a problem!
i've installed the mod, but when i launch the gta-lc.exe, nothing happens (the gta-lc.ini is not missing), what can I do?

GTA Firefighter
  • GTA Firefighter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 12:52 AM

hey crazy dude, that worked great thanks for the help! biggrin.gif rah.gif

~tibs~
  • ~tibs~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:34 AM

cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif im still having tha loading probs can some one pleaz help me??? cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

GTA Firefighter
  • GTA Firefighter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 01:36 AM

did you move the gta-lc.exe file to the folder?

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:18 AM

maybe rebuild gta3.img?

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:36 AM

Ok, problem with installer. I downloaded Runtime and whatever you said I needed, downloaded the installer, and when I extract it and run the setup it says:

Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid

What should I do? cry.gif

sleeper777
  • sleeper777

Mission Coder | Help Guru | Tech Ninja

• Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:25 AM

Ok, problem with installer. I downloaded Runtime and whatever you said I needed, downloaded the installer, and when I extract it and run the setup it says:

Component 'comdlg32.ocx' or one of its dependencies not currently registered: a file is missing or invalid

What should I do? 

go back to page one of the help topic about half way down and read all the posts about 'comdlg32.ocx' ... that should help
sarcasm.gif yin-yang.gif ph34r.gif

the_lone_bard
  • the_lone_bard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:51 PM

I love how the only reply I got was "start a new game" when I said my problem was when I started a new game.

Very f*cking helpful.

GTA Firefighter
  • GTA Firefighter

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:10 PM

well, did you start on a fresh install of VC? Also look at the first page of this topic, most of it should be there, I would think! dozingoff.gif sarcasm.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (the_lone_bard @ May 21 2004, 07:51)
I love how the only reply I got was "start a new game" when I said my problem was when I started a new game.

Very f*cking helpful.

Regardless of what did/did not happen, this type of attitude is not tolerated here. Check it at the door. Obviously unless the people who wrote every last piece of software on your computer were in the presence of you computer, nobody can say FOR SURE what the problem is. So online troubleshooting is going to be educated guesswork at best. If it's something you already said you did, point it out. People make mistakes.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 21 May 2004 - 08:07 PM

Thanx Sleeper, I'll look into it!

~tibs~
  • ~tibs~

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:18 PM

um i got an idea that i no would help me and possibly many others and i tink one of u guyz that has LC completly installed and working should post tha gta LC directory one tha web for downloading and i would highly appeariate if one of u guyz could do it. THANX MUCH

Dave
  • Dave

Woof

• Feroci Racing
  • Singapore

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:50 PM

Posting 715MB sounds like fun...

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

QUOTE (dayvemc @ May 21 2004, 23:50)
Posting 715MB sounds like fun...

Mine weighs in at 1.04GB, including radio stations.

ErichZann
  • ErichZann

Dead Mike

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 05:49 AM

Quick question: Is there an easy way to turn off the Hunter/PCJ spawn or at least change the button combo? Thanks, and great job with the mod, guys. Keep up the good work!

sleeper777
  • sleeper777

Mission Coder | Help Guru | Tech Ninja

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:43 AM

yes and yes i am currently working with a modded scm of the old nomad v5 but if you just want that turned off or do you want the buttons changed ... if the crew doesn't mind i could alter the scm for you ....

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:55 AM

Here is my personal main.scm. It includes a speedometer/car damage meter, my flying De Lorean code, and the spawn buttons are sprint and duck. The spawn also generates a deluxo (the De Lorean) instead of the hunter. If you want that, you're welcome to use it.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:06 AM

hi

i dont know if this is the right place to post, but im having a problem with the radio stations.

since i have to have the vice city cd to play it always plays the vc radio. i spent about a half hour converting all the gta3 stuff and now it wont work... sad.gif

any fixes?

ErichZann
  • ErichZann

Dead Mike

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:00 AM Edited by ErichZann, 22 May 2004 - 08:02 AM.

QUOTE (sleeper777 @ May 21 2004, 22:43)
yes and yes i am currently working with a modded scm of the old nomad v5 but if you just want that turned off or do you want the buttons changed ... if the crew doesn't mind i could alter the scm for you ....

That would be cool. I'm using a PS2 dual shock controller right now and if I could press all four shoulder buttons to do the spawn trick that would be perfect.

Next Weapon + Previous Weapon + Target + Center Camera = Spawn PCJ/Hunter

^If you could modify it to use that button combo it would be much appreciated.

Edit: Even the Sprint + Duck combo that CraigKostelecky is using would work for me.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:22 AM

There are certain button combinations that the code can't interpret. Next weapon + previous weapon is possibly one of them.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:59 AM

Regarding post on page 3

GTA Firefighter
Did you you delete the folders than copy them over? That might have something to do with it, you might have to wait till Demarest or killer.ip comes.

I've tried that still no luck, Demy or killer got any ideas, Thanks in advance

G C

TemporaryTomato
  • TemporaryTomato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:41 PM

Hi, Iīm new to these forums, so donīt flame me to death right away. biggrin.gif

Ok, my problem is with the radio stations, as I am trying to use the GTA III ones. Iīve done everything that the readme says, yet I STILL have the VC radio!

Iīve copied all the stations from the audio folder in GTA III, and converted them to mp3. Then I used the audiodecoder prog to convert the mp3 files to adf files. After that I changed the names to the right ones, as the readme says.
I even tried copying the entire audio folder from the VC cd to my LC folder and adding the GTA III radio on top of that.
Doesnīt work! confused.gif

The mod is great though, even without the "right" radio. Gj guys. cookie.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:52 PM

There is an issue right now with the radio stations if you boot with the GTA: Vice City CD in the drive. If the CD's loaded, the game looks there first for the radio stations. Now that we're able to sort of adjust the exe file, we might be able to fix this so everybody, and not just those with a CD-less exe (no, don't ask for it here, you will not get it) can enjoy Chatterbox.

TemporaryTomato
  • TemporaryTomato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 07:59 PM

Oh, so it wasnīt me doing something wrong then! tounge.gif

Maybe I could burn a VC play disc with the GTA III stations on it...
Nah, waste of cd-r, Iīll try to get a cracked exe. Thanks for the help!
smile.gif

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

Please be careful what you say about copying and cracked stuff. That is stricktly against the rules. And I know it.

TemporaryTomato
  • TemporaryTomato

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:13 PM Edited by TemporaryTomato, 23 May 2004 - 12:01 PM.

Hey, donīt worry! Itīs not like Iīm posting a link or anything. I know warez arenīt allowed on most forums.
Besides, Iīve decided to try the burning thing first.
rahkstar2.gif

EDIT:
Bleh, it didnīt work. Oh well.

Mark Pagliaro
  • Mark Pagliaro

Minutes To Midnight

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (ErichZann @ May 22 2004, 04:00)
QUOTE (sleeper777 @ May 21 2004, 22:43)

That would be cool. I'm using a PS2 dual shock controller right now and if I could press all four shoulder buttons to do the spawn trick that would be perfect.

Next Weapon + Previous Weapon + Target + Center Camera = Spawn PCJ/Hunter

^If you could modify it to use that button combo it would be much appreciated.

Edit: Even the Sprint + Duck combo that CraigKostelecky is using would work for me.

I am using the ps2 dual shock controller too. The only thing that annoys me with using that is the pause button doesn't pause. Don't ask me about spawning things though as I commented them out. I only use them when I want to test a car out.

japiekrekel
  • japiekrekel

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 10:43 AM

I'am getting this with the installation:

click here for the picture

dozingoff.gif sneaky2.gif

Can someone help me???

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users