Dave
  • Dave

Woof

• Feroci Racing
  • Singapore

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

QUOTE (Hammer83 @ May 17 2004, 14:19)
QUOTE (dayvemc @ May 17 2004, 08:52)
I don't know where to put this, but I have a suggestion. I you should make the lighthouse walkable, if you know what I mean. Like, change the steps so you can walk up them, instead of slowly sliding towards the sea. Not a big change, but I think it'd be handy.  smile.gif

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. It's just one col file. BTW, I think it should go to Bugs topic. Also, I although I wasn't able to get there yet, but Observatory should be made solid too if it isn't already.

You can't get there mate, at least not in a chopper. Haven't tried a tank, but I'm guessing it's the same. confused.gif

midt
  • midt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:06 PM

One mirror is able here : http://www.gta-macre...ds/gtavc/24.php ; please, link this page and not directly the server.

Nice work wink.gif .

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:55 PM

ive downloaded it and will try it tonight (im at work right now) - i was wondering how modable this is? like for instance can the vehicles be modded (do you have to use GTA3 mods or vice city mods?) and can the "ultimate trainer" for vice city be used ?

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:01 PM

Vice City cars and trainers will work without a hitch.

GTA3 cars will work, too, but they lack reflections.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:21 PM

10th mirror added.

@midt: mirrors should be linked to the file when possible.

Ka-BOOM
  • Ka-BOOM

Yay Ka-Boom-Boom

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:29 PM

Sincerest congratulations to all the people who have been working so hard on bringing this mod one step closer to reality! This release is an accomplishment of gargantuan proportions. Thumbs way up.

Lynk
  • Lynk

somebodysomewhere.

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:52 PM

Well Wow, I been playing it just now and its awesome, Well done to the WHOLE GTA:LC Team, you did an awesome job. *Now wheres them sigs, I wanna support this stuff tounge.gif

solo
  • solo

Homie

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 04:55 PM

I just installed this and all I can say is brilliant. Liberty was always so much better than vice, and with this mod installed, it`s now perfect. Flying around the skyscrapers on Staunton Island in a Hunter reminds me of that scene in the Godzilla film. Well done rah.gif

I didn't have any problems installing or running this, and I haven't seen any glitches etc. The only thing I have noticed (which isn`t really worth mentioning)is if you hover above the reservoir behind the dam, you can see through the dam to the other side.

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:22 PM Edited by smokinjoe, 17 May 2004 - 05:34 PM.

QUOTE ([4D)
Outback,May 17 2004, 16:01] Vice City cars and trainers will work without a hitch.
GTA3 cars will work, too, but they lack reflections.

gravy! cant wait to try this out tonight, and take a break from manhunt...
so "vice city mod manager" will work too?

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

another question blush.gif - someone did a really cool "assymetrical" player model/skin for GTA3 a while ago, this compatible with the LC mod ? Im still curious as to how both vice city AND gta3 mods will work with this mod, dont they both use different styles of programs?

Outback
  • Outback

GTA:LC Team

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (smokinjoe @ May 17 2004, 17:58)
Im still curious as to how both vice city AND gta3 mods will work with this mod, dont they both use different styles of programs?

Depends on the mod.

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:14 PM Edited by smokinjoe, 17 May 2004 - 08:19 PM.

well I know for some things, one program can be used for both games, like the COL editor, spookys IMGTOOL is another I think - but ViceTXD I would assume only works for vice city, but then again I opened up txd files in manhunt with it... I guess I'll find everything out tonight when I install it - Im assuming all the files from GTA3 are just converted to Vice format? I was also wondering how we can keep certain cars from vice city so they dont get switched to something from gta3? should we just back up our gta3.img file so we can extract cars etc from it?

gta phil gta
  • gta phil gta

BC

• Members

Posted 17 May 2004 - 08:34 PM

I downloaded this earlier tonight ... I r speechless. Brilliant work guys, 'gratz to everyone who worked on it! biggrin.gif

thedude420
  • thedude420

ghetto star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:10 AM

i have been playing it and all and all i have to say its simply amazing, congadualtons on the port over people. biggrin.gif

the only thing i think it lacks really is missions of any kind. i would really like to have atleast the taxi cab missions or any other sub missions. i was really hopeing for the brown thunder mission when i got in to the hunter, but its kool though you guy did a real good job on the bata so far.

rah.gif rah.gif rah.gif Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif
-.: thedude42 :.

rerun
  • rerun

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:13 AM

congrats for finally getting it to beta guys, time to reinstall vc and see whats new smile.gif

thedude420
  • thedude420

ghetto star

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:32 AM

how do i access the The Crook mission may i ask? -.: thedude42 :.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:43 AM

Just answer the phone when it's ringing by the Bitch'n Dog Food Factory. It only rings during the day (I think it starts at 09:00 and ends at 17:00)

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:51 AM

I downloaded it and installed it and it works like a charm. Excellent work to everyone that worked on the GTA:LC project, you are all champions. I only wish I could have helped in some way. Oh well Great Job again

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (smokinjoe @ May 17 2004, 15:14)
Im assuming all the files from GTA3 are just converted to Vice format?
When Skidz released the GTA:LC files once upon a time, yes. We've been hard at work to fix countless bugs that appear in the transition between engines.

QUOTE (smokinjoe @ May 17 2004, 15:14)
I was also wondering how we can keep certain cars from vice city so they dont get switched to something from gta3? should we just back up our gta3.img file so we can extract cars etc from it?
That is correct.

Cray
  • Cray

MTA Developer

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:21 AM

I just wanted to say great work guys. It is awesome that the community here was able to pull together to get this one out. Best of luck for the future releases!

Nightknight
  • Nightknight

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:59 AM

I found a problem with the pcj handling in gta:lc mod, its harder to wheelie than in VC.
I tried replacing it with the handling line from VC, but then i got unhandled ex. Anyone know?

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:25 PM

AWESOME! great job guys! granted it kind of stinks that there's no missions, but its worth installing just to fly over the city in one of the helicopters and cruise around on one of the cycles - are there future plans to port all the missions from gta3 to gta: LC or possibly use the VC missions (minus the cutscenes)? also how much of the gta.img is usable in gta:LC? for instance if I wanted to use the tommy model in LC is that doable? or is LC programmed to just the fido-like model that comes with the mod? I dont know if everyone else is getting this but the player txd doesnt fit quite right on the player dff, the neck is green and the jacket collar zipper is on the players back... I tried using the "assymetrical player" model/txd from commander funnbrero (sp?) but I guess its coded for GTA3 only - still great f#cking job guys, the graphics are so much brighter and more vivd, everything stands out, this is the way GTA3 shouldve originally been made! fantastic work guys!

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (By smokinjoe Posted on May 18 2004 @ 12:25)
are there future plans to port all the missions from gta3 to gta: LC or possibly use the VC missions

What you are saying there isn't easy, the missions will be the biggest and longest conversion for this mod. And how would you be able to use VC missions if Vice City has been totally replaced by Liberty City.

QUOTE (By smokinjoe Posted on May 18 2004 @ 12:25)
for instance if I wanted to use the tommy model in LC is that doable? or is LC programmed to just the fido-like model that comes with the mod?

Of course you can use Tommy, you could use anyone from VC as your player model.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Nightknight @ May 18 2004, 06:59)
I found a problem with the pcj handling in gta:lc mod, its harder to wheelie than in VC.
I tried replacing it with the handling line from VC, but then i got unhandled ex. Anyone know?

I noticed that too. Not sure why anybody would change it at all...

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:27 PM

"What you are saying there isn't easy, the missions will be the biggest and longest conversion for this mod. And how would you be able to use VC missions if Vice City has been totally replaced by Liberty City."

Im not a coder so I dont know how much of VC was replaced by LC, to my noob eyes only the city, vehicles, etc were replaced - so my brain says "well if only these things were replaced, the VC missions must still be intact in the main.scm somewhere - but I like said Im not a coder - Im sure it would be very difficult to convert the missions from gta3 to LC, I was merely wondering if there were plans to do it or not, Im certainly not demanding it - Im happy with whats been done so far, and appreciate everyones hard work!

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (smokinjoe @ May 18 2004, 15:27)
"What you are saying there isn't easy, the missions will be the biggest and longest conversion for this mod. And how would you be able to use VC missions if Vice City has been totally replaced by Liberty City."

Im not a coder so I dont know how much of VC was replaced by LC, to my noob eyes only the city, vehicles, etc were replaced - so my brain says "well if only these things were replaced, the VC missions must still be intact in the main.scm somewhere - but I like said Im not a coder - Im sure it would be very difficult to convert the missions from gta3 to LC, I was merely wondering if there were plans to do it or not, Im certainly not demanding it - Im happy with whats been done so far, and appreciate everyones hard work!

No they also replaced the missionscript with a stripped one.
They did that so they could park the cars just like in gta3 and place the weapon pickups etc. There are currently no missions included (as far as I know at least).

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:56 PM

Twelfth mirror added!

There are 5 missions available as outlined in the readme sly.gif

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:58 PM

I read about the 5 missions but so far only found one... the one where you drive around the park on the 2nd island in the blazer type vehicle that gives you 10 seconds for each blue sphere you drive through... how do you find the others?

TwoZero
  • TwoZero

Ghetto Star

• The Connection

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:15 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 18 2004, 15:56)
There are 5 missions available as outlined in the readme sly.gif

I'm sorry Demarest I haven't installed it yet blush.gif . But I have a very old version and there are no missions there.

But anyway great work so far user posted image

Dave
  • Dave

Woof

• Feroci Racing
  • Singapore

Posted 18 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (smokinjoe @ May 18 2004, 13:58)
I read about the 5 missions but so far only found one... the one where you drive around the park on the 2nd island in the blazer type vehicle that gives you 10 seconds for each blue sphere you drive through... how do you find the others?

Bitchin' Dog Foods. Shame the crusher doesn't work. Is this at all possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users