Quantcast

» «
Photo

Problems after doing a unique stunt jump.

4 replies to this topic
Baz63
  • Baz63

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:24 PM Edited by Baz63, 25 April 2004 - 12:31 PM.

I've played gta vice city to 64% (on PC) and it has ran beautifully. Fantastic game. However I have recently encountered a problem.

Whenever I do a unique stunt jump I can't get out of slow motion after its been done. In fact I can't carry on with the game unless I Esc and reload the game. It doesn't exactly freeze - it just cannot zoom in on Tommy. I can only see him long distance in very slow motion and if he turns a corner out of view (after a jump) I cannot follow him. I can' t zoom in and the game doesn't carry on as normal but stays in very slow motion.
I Esc the game and reload the game and everything is fine until I do another stunt jump. Then I can't zoom in on Tommy and follow him if he survives the jump. If he comes off the bike and lies on the street I can't get back into the game. He won't get up and I can't move up close. The game keeps its distance.
I am not using cheats
Sorry for the rambling explanation.
Thanks very much for your help.
sad.gif sad.gif

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:12 PM

Cartoon had this issue. It was frozen in his savegame. Starting over will solve it.

However, you probably don't want to do that. So you will need to alt+tab out of the game and back in. Doing that twice freed it up for him.

Atomic
  • Atomic

teh PC chat rapist....

• Members

Posted 26 April 2004 - 11:57 PM

When that happens to me I stop the vehicle and dont touch anything and it usualy comes back in about 10-20 seconds.

Cartoon Corpse
  • Cartoon Corpse

Cartoon Corp

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:21 PM

yes that's a major pain! i have a 98% save game (2 remaining jumps) i don't know which ones, so everytime i 'test' jump 1, i have to go through that!

alt-tab out (sometimes have to hit them more than once)...goes to desktop (minimizes) game. restore it, click on resume in menu. then do all that again! sheesh! worked everytime for me, but what a pain (kinda hard to remain 'in' the game that way...lol)

but you don't have to quit and load a save. i hope to 1 day find those jumps and finish the game, though i must find the proper medication first i think. biggrin.gif

Baz63
  • Baz63

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:38 PM

Lol......it's a temporary solution. Must be grateful for small mercies. But what a game. inlove.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users