52 replies to this topic
Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:55 AM

user posted image
user posted image

YES! IT WORKS! Granted, I only installed the bare package, 0.1, without any extras like working water or anything. But good god it works!

I'm going to be writing a guide on how to strip the Xbox version. I won't be long.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 April 2004 - 07:59 AM

cool.gif

excellent work.

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

good lord, is that a roll of Tp on your box?! nervous.gif

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:18 AM

Wow, Myriad on XBox. smile.gif
On PS2 GTA VC has 4 or 5 img's, that's the same on XBox?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:20 AM

On the PS2, four of the five IMGs are dummy file to fill up the disk. The Xbox version is about the same size as the PC version.

My guide is in Maps, if anyone is interested.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:23 AM

You contiue to amaze me Opius there always seems to bne somthing new so great work Opius. smile.gif

The precint will be after you now Opius. biggrin.gif

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 10:25 AM

Wooot, this is really awesome! I don't own a Xbox, but this superb work!

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:08 PM

rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif I didnt even know that it was possible to mod gta vc on xbox and ps2 rolleyes.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 12:20 PM Edited by Opius, 25 April 2004 - 12:42 PM.

Ok, I've got most of the released lots installed, and I've got the best error message ever.

"The controller connected to controller port 1 is an unsupported controller. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City requires an analog controller (DUALSHOCK#) or an analog controller (DUALSHOCK#2)."

Try to tell me there aren't remnants of the PS2 port left now.

[EDIT]For the record, you can fix this by forcing widescrean mode with the mission script.

Additionally, these people are on my Texture Sh*tlist™ for having non standard TXDs, which means their lots are either rainbow garbage, or are completely invisible.
Odie
Decay
Redkiller
DieselGT
Sadistic Machine

On a similar note, theres something wrong with LazioFreaks swimming pool which means it won't stay in memory. As you drive past, the buildings appear and the trees disappear.

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 25 2004, 13:20)
On a similar note, theres something wrong with LazioFreaks swimming pool which means it won't stay in memory. As you drive past, the buildings appear and the trees disappear.

On XBox or on computer? notify.gif

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 25 April 2004 - 01:54 PM

I think- XBOx

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:58 PM

impressive work there Opius, i don't own an xbox either, but what the hey credit where it's due cookie.gif

AbMc²
  • AbMc²

AE_business GTA

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:17 PM

This is amazingly!! Good work!!
Myraid Islands has a new future: The X-BoX

music.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 April 2004 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (LazioFreak @ Apr 25 2004, 23:26)
On XBox or on computer? notify.gif

Xbox. It works perfectly on the PC.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 April 2004 - 02:03 PM

Great work Opius. biggrin.gif

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 25 2004, 12:20)
Ok, I've got most of the released lots installed, and I've got the best error message ever.

"The controller connected to controller port 1 is an unsupported controller. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City requires an analog controller (DUALSHOCK#) or an analog controller (DUALSHOCK#2)."

[EDIT]For the record, you can fix this by forcing widescrean mode with the mission script.

Additionally, these people are on my Texture Sh*tlist™ for having non standard TXDs, which means their lots are either rainbow garbage, or are completely invisible.
Odie
Decay
Redkiller
DieselGT
Sadistic Machine

Are non-standard TXD formats what prevent some properties from being drawn in MooMapper, or is this a different phenomenon?

Dal
  • Dal

Turban.Represent.

• Feroci Racing

Posted 29 April 2004 - 03:55 PM

Excellent work Opius, sorry i couldnt say in gen chat, but congrats on the milestone man smile.gif

I need an x-box now.. hehe

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 30 April 2004 - 12:26 AM

Hey Opius, did you install my crappy little lots? I was just wondering if the textures I used were all screwed up.

On a side note, my computer crashed and burned pretty hard and I was thinking about getting an xbox to play with. I seen in the hackers quarterly that you can get diffrent Bios for you xbox so you can start it up like a normal computer and run windows and all that. Has anyone tryed that? I was just thinking it might be cool to mod the xbox from inside the xbox.

anyways.....

Nice work man! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:12 AM

@Chickenplucker : Your lots work fine, although the game doesn't like keeping the windows in the dealership loaded.

If you've got an Xbox, I would definantly recommend modding it, you'll be amazed at the things you can do.

Tetsuo2501
  • Tetsuo2501

TV Casualty

• The Connection

Posted 30 April 2004 - 03:32 AM

wow, thats great that you got it working on the box, opius,i really havnt been paying much attention on the island, but my i ask how did u get it onto the box?

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 30 April 2004 - 06:18 AM

Theres a guide in Editing Discussion - Maps.

Leviathan-ran
  • Leviathan-ran

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:28 PM

Opius, you never cease to amaze me my good man, i wont bother saying well done or thanks, because you know how pointless that would be since you know no words could ever discribe how much..THIS f*ckING OWNS

*passes out*

lol biggrin.gif
my cookie,,take them, just take them!

cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif

Stretchnutter
  • Stretchnutter

Also known as Racer_S

• Members

Posted 03 May 2004 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 25 2004, 08:20)
On the PS2, four of the five IMGs are dummy file to fill up the disk. The Xbox version is about the same size as the PC version.

My guide is in Maps, if anyone is interested.

I always thought they were for if the cd gets scratched and one IMG is unreadable it will read the other one. ahh who knows.

Myriad on the xbox, w00

Iggy248
  • Iggy248

RADICAL

• Members

Posted 04 May 2004 - 02:04 AM

Sweet....hopefully a xbox version can be released once finished.

Leviathan-ran
  • Leviathan-ran

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2004 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Opius @ Apr 25 2004, 12:20)

color]

I got this when i installed The Nuclear power plant.
But After Adding the mission script to force widescreen, non of my hud textures, or such would load, not even the Radar, Cash, Wanted Levels would load.

So it dawned on me, the big-ass grey banner is a Graphic correct?
so that means it must be somewhere in the game.
So what if we find it, and Remove it, or replace it with somthing that is totaly transparent, then we just remove the text string from the american.gxt.

This would Stop the need for widescreen to be forced, and stop the loss of hud icons.

Since more people are Getting into Modding xbox vc, this might not be a bad idea, you could even Release it as a patch biggrin.gif

@ [COLOR=yellow]R*

you Lieing bastards smile.gif

PopeOnDope
  • PopeOnDope

Holy Roman Emperor of Douchebaggery

• Members

Posted 14 May 2004 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (Dalpura @ Apr 25 2004, 22:24)
QUOTE (PlatinumSerb @ Apr 26 2004, 08:55)
how do u mod the PS2 version?

You don't, simple.

Actually, you can. If you put the GTA 3 or GTA: VC PS2 DVD in your PC, you can open the handling.cfg, default.ide, everything you would need to mod it. It has the MAIN.SCM, too. The GTA3.img is openable with IMGtool. Fully moddable. Just rip the DVD to your HDD, install the mods, and burn the disc. (Assuming the PS2 is modded or has a boot disc)

PopeOnDope
  • PopeOnDope

Holy Roman Emperor of Douchebaggery

• Members

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:28 AM

QUOTE (TRN4L @ May 16 2004, 04:25)
they didnt say you couldnt get the files off/on the disc.... please pay attention before you try take make an "as a matter of fact" statement. HE SAID. that with all the testing required no one would want to be bothered with making a new disc everytime you edit a file. we dont know how the PS2 version would react to the TXD's and DFF's we CAN make, so you'd have to reburn for each test, which is a pain in the ass, not to mention we dont get no debug output... please pay attention next time.

I am aware of that, but you are talking about something different than I am. All I was saying was that it was possible to insert new models and edit handling and default.ide files... Sounds like you need to pay more attention... dozingoff.gif

Relinquished
  • Relinquished

where have i been the last year?

• Members

Posted 16 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

great work opius! cool.gif

i wouldnt worry about a ps2 version (YET anyway), it could be a problem trying to do this

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:03 PM

Well this is Opius' topic so I will leave it for him to be locked or pruned until then this is only about Myriad on the XBOX like the title says, not editing GTA for the PS2, that goes in the editing.

So Opius lock, move or just delete irrelevant posts its upto you, ill leave it for the mo.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:36 AM

Deleted the off topic posts.

That is all.

Benji239
  • Benji239

Tunsa Fun

• Members

Posted 23 May 2004 - 12:57 AM

Ok then, ON-TOPIC(tounge.gif):
are you going to try to add afew of the mods, see if you can get the same result?

Lets hope people dont use this idea to rip off GTA:Games and sell them for there own expense

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users