Problems & Solutions

60 replies to this topic
JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 April 2004 - 02:14 PM

a long list i wrote yesturday, post your own solutions
and fixes for other bugs i may haven't covered.

this topic should soon become central database of
problems and solutions for crashes, strangeness
and freezes encountered when modding GTA3 and GTA:VC.

listing in 1.2.3..

- first thing to check when car is crashing game when loading up
is hirerarchy, so make sure you have it set-up properly!

- a car won't load (garage door won't open or car won't show up
when spawned with a cheat code) but looks fine in editors
common problem, if car uses speca reflection maps
export the car in gta3 format (this will delete reflections)
but the car will likely work, this is zmodeler bug.
there is another reflection adding tool floating
around the web. if the car still doesn't work it may be
txd error, if you used other txd editors such as
ancient "txd gold" open & save the txd file with TXD Workshop
this will very likely fix the file - if it can be opened ofcourse.

- the txd files have NO protection yet, if txd file format changes enough
in next GTA then programmers may have chance to implement it to some
stage, no mods protection is safe enough.

- when instaling a mod and loading up the game new instaled car goes MAD or crashes
if car is gta3 car - these car handling and ide settings are different,
vicecity handling.cfg has additional "suspension anti-dive multiplier" value
between suspension bias and flags, you should put a zero value in-there to make it work.

- for default.ide - gta-vc has additional flags number in default.ide - cars section.
add a zero between level and wheel id to make it work, also dmagic's wheelmod
number in vice-city is 249.

- col, txd and dff files should be compatible from gta3 to gtavc (but not in reverse
except for col models, use gta editors to convert models)

- car textures are all flipped in-game
this is zmodeler bug - the error is in the DFF file (not txd file)
you can solve the problem by having flipped textures in your texture tool
or in txd workshop you have a option to fix the dff file.

- if you are sure the texture file is fine but car still won't load up (gta original car dff file loads)
even after you tried everything try this amazingly working hack:
in zmodeler do a file - export, choose mafia 4ds format and type file name with extension UPPER case - "4DS"
if you use lower case the file is locked heh.. and we have no use of it.
mafia 4ds filter on export preserves hirerarchy and materials, but because it is more stable than gta filter
the model file is alaways properly exported, then make new file in zmodeler, import the car back
and fix the texture materials, make dummy objects have their dummy flag back, save and retry with DFF export.

- some model files - like mars-cafe logo object crash zmodeler when imported, no solution exists so far.

- some websites like to take your mods from your website and publish them on their website without asking
and getting a permission, one of the websites is called gta3mods.de, f*ck THEM!!

- no dff file lock is 100% safe, because dff files were never made with protection
so some specific group of people may take your car, add a spoiler or two or salvage some parts and
say it is all their work, f*ck them - until internet is 100% under control and everything is
covered by laws and you can prove that person "x" has stolen your car or car part you have very low
chance of winning, so don't make cars for showing-off, if you do good cars you will be noticed and be respected.

- GTA collision bugs:

- if your game crashes alaways when you hit or damage some car part
re-check the collision model part attachment, problem may be that you used
unknown "?" object attachments

- some portions of the car are still non-solid, but there are collision objects on that place!
collision files have the "bounding objects" for collision models, collision objects are active
only in range of bounding object and bounding cube.
ST.MU's editor has a option to recalculate these for you, in COL-IO use
view -> bounding objects to show the bounding objects, and edit them to cover whole model.

- car crashed into a wall, and the dummy objects are spawned all over the place!
make sure the dummy is set to have dummy flag!

special car abilities list:

hunter
- only front wheels are rendered
- machine gun mounted, rocket launcher mounted

bfinjection
- parts under wing_lr will rotate around its X axis

seasparrow
- machine gun mounted

skimmer
- no wheels rendered
- is technicaly a boat (not a real plane)
- has special exiting feature, when in middle of water hit enter and you get spawned on roof
you can do some nice snipings that way!

phoenix (or pheonix as rockstar named it)
- air intake thing animates depending on how you drive

cop boat
- machine gun mounted

ModelingMan
  • ModelingMan

Crackalacking!

• Feroci Racing

Posted 17 April 2004 - 01:19 AM

Nice help topic you've made here Delfi, well worth it to be pinned.

QUOTE (By Delfi Posted on Apr 16 2004 @ 14:14)
- some websites like to take your mods from your website and publish them on their website without asking
and getting a permission, one of the websites is called gta3mods.de, f*ck THEM!!

I know what you mean, I made an Uzi which I released here and I found it on 3 mod sites without me even being asked. Here are the websites incase anyone else wants to check for their mods:

http://www.nejhry.net

http://vicecity.bonusweb.cz

http://www.gtanetwork.it

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 July 2004 - 04:25 AM

Excuse the bump, but I've found a way to open some of the DFFs that crash Zmodeller upon import.

Treat them as pedestrians. For some unfathomable reason, some buildings and objects have got bones in them. Use SteveM's Renderware Analyze to delete the offending segments as per his tutorial, also pinned in this topic.

That is all.

JernejL
  • JernejL

Big Homie

• Feroci Racing

Posted 09 July 2004 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Opius @ Jul 9 2004, 05:25)
For some unfathomable reason, some buildings and objects have got bones in them.

lol biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

does that include mars cafe sign?

CZ3
  • CZ3

[DRuG]=CZ3=

• Members

Posted 28 August 2004 - 11:31 PM

collision prob ..

iv made an object first time to test if all ok after i learned the tutorial about sketchup.

this first object was perfwct in game.

iv modified my object in sketchup (SUP), made some ramps and made an in terrior ...

exported to 3ds and then to Zmodeler (ZM) ... textured made a dff and a X files the did the collision deletes in the x file like it says in the tutorial, all ok the game working but when i go tho the model and trying to go over im bumping in to an invisible walls that do not appear on the model in ZM and sketchup... there is 3 invisible wall in the game on my model ...

all of them are parralel... and staying one after one ...

look the image here it looks like this :

user posted image

Iv tried to fix by checking the tutorial one more time (may be i missed some thing), tried to move the object in SUP and in ZM, mve the object to another area in moomapper, all this didnt help...

Maybe the model was damaged during the work ?

so its a SUP problem ?

I hope u can help thnx biggrin.gif

TallgeeseIIII
  • TallgeeseIIII

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:36 PM Edited by TallgeeseIIII, 06 October 2004 - 09:39 PM.

I have a new model that i got rigged with dummies and with the correct hierarchy. the dummies are labled in zmodeller's attributes area. i have imported the 3 bmp textures i put my textures into the texture browser, implimented them into the material editor, and then applied the material to the models. my model does have custom wheels and i followed those instructions as well. i used the vcm packer to make a new .vcm then used that through the vcm manager to replace the baggage cart from the airport. but when i go near the airport ingame, my game crashes. here is a screenshot of my hierarchy:

photobucket resized it automatically. sorry.
http://img.photobuck.../indyerror1.jpg

please help me figure this out. i am willing to send a copy of my files to anyone who would like to straighten it out for me.

i tried your exporting to gta3 format, and your exporting to 4DS ideas, neither worked, although i haven't tested it ingame yet. the dff viewer doesn't show any models for my car but it does for all the cars from the game and several i downloaded. i don't know why but i think zmodeller just isn't exporting my mesh.

PS: i realize the quality of the model is very low while the polycount is very high, i decided to finish the details on the model after i was sure i could use it in game successfully. the holes in the model shouldn't cause any problem from what i have seen but you tell me if that's not true.

DexX
  • DexX

Black Hat

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 April 2005 - 02:30 PM

/* moved to Troubleshooting */

Dopeman322
  • Dopeman322

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

hey i need to apply texture to my model i dont know what smooth or vu map is but anyway the texture i want to apply is a jpeg and it only does tga and bmp is there a way i can convert it to tga or bmp??? also when i try to export the file as a dff and col file for vice it says Error importing/exporting can not open specifed file possible cause by invalid file attributes and shared violation? please help!

Dopeman322
  • Dopeman322

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

it keeps sayin invalid i cant export it i haved saved it as bmp txd dff jpeg and tga and it keeps saying invalid file what is wrong with my model?

bugsblake
  • bugsblake

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:08 AM

can someone please help?

i have combined lots of mods together in one scm for personal use with driver 1.2, give n take, speedo, fuel management and petrol stations, chop shop and car door cracker. the problem is when i try to put the stinger mod in or the car dealership mod it keeps crashing? all the source code i have works as i have tested the all one at a time and they work fine. i know now that its the driver, petrol and car dealership that dont like being put together. can some one please tell me how i can make them all work together. anything i can try will help as im out of ideas to get them compatible.

thank you

careca
  • careca

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 May 2006 - 04:15 AM

Guess u reached the memory limit...
Increase it, it is at top of the script

impulse91
  • impulse91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2006 - 12:22 PM

URGH I customized every saloon in the game ONLY TO FIND THAT IT CRASHED WHILE LOADING cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif cryani.gif

Ornias
  • Ornias

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 August 2006 - 12:29 AM

ok i downloaded the map editor Med and i know how to work it an all that but ive got one major problem... i cannot for the life of me figure out how to import objects from vice city. ive added them to the gta3.img file an all sorts but no luck. can anybody help me? dontgetit.gif

woody1991
  • woody1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:29 AM

HELP ME SOMEBODY, i just installed 3 new cars manually and changed all the handling lines and carcoals and that sorta stuff to suit the new car but then wen i loaded the game and loaded a save game it played for about 2 minutes then it froze and wen i pressed alt ctrl del it came up with my desktop and said unhandled exception and then wen i clicked ok on that gtavc had to close, after that i tried reinstalling it and playing it and the same thing happened agane but the new cars i put in werent there, can someone please help me so that i can enjoy my new cars and im able to play my game

-Kingpin-
  • -Kingpin-

Criminal Mastermind

• Members

Posted 19 March 2007 - 07:15 PM

I recently downgraded my GTA SA from version 2 to version 1 in order to be able to mod it. I also used a savegame from the web. The mods work fine if I start a new game, but whenever I try to load the savegame, the game crashes. Should I use a different type of savegame (ie for v2)?
please HELP!

Ms4you
  • Ms4you

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 September 2007 - 12:03 PM

When I try to run gta 3 it just doesn't run. mad.gif

Pls Help cause i really love this game and i need to play it again.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 September 2007 - 05:38 PM

Try deleting My Documents\GTA3 User Files\gta3.set

me!!!
  • me!!!

Awesome

• Members

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:29 AM

here i need help!

GSF OG
  • GSF OG

OG

• Members

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:50 PM

I downloaded a few mods yesterday and descovered that I needed the SA downgrade patch today for them to work which caused SA to not work at all (would not let me use the SA V2.0 disk) and now I got rid of the mods and romoved the game then reloaded it now the game crashes half way through the loading screen and then I have to press CTRL ALT DEL so I can get the game off my screen can someone tell me what happened to my copy of SA, because I think the mods did something to the disk

mihnea_ge
  • mihnea_ge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:33 PM

I have a problem with the ghost rider mod I've done every thing from the instructions and when i want to enter the game it's giving me the dont'st send/send error report plz help me suicidal.gif sad.gif

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 29 April 2008 - 06:42 PM

QUOTE (mihnea_ge @ Apr 29 2008, 13:33)
I have a problem with the ghost rider mod I've done every thing from the instructions and when i want to enter the game it's giving me the dont'st send/send error report plz help me suicidal.gif sad.gif

Disable the User Account Control if you are running Vista. Do you mean, that the game doesn't even finish loading? If so, do you have V2 Of SA? If so, use a downgrader patch (search on google) wink.gif

NiSsAn_BoY
  • NiSsAn_BoY

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 May 2008 - 11:54 AM

Yeah about that ummmmm well I tryed a mod for the v2 I replaced the Elegy for a Skyline, well it didnt work so I removed the mod and it still didnt load, well I unistalled it and reinstalled it but it still crashes half way in the loading screen. Is my GTA SA V2 messed up for good?? If not tell me how to fix it Id rather have the game without mods then a screwed up game whatsthat.gif

NiSsAn_BoY
  • NiSsAn_BoY

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 12:07 AM

Well I just bought a new GTA SA V2 for PC and installed it and it also crashes half way on the loading screen. What is wrong???? angry.gif

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 22 May 2008 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (NiSsAn_BoY @ May 22 2008, 01:07)
Well I just bought a new GTA SA V2 for PC and installed it and it also crashes half way on the loading screen. What is wrong???? angry.gif

Well did you put any mods in that change the file size of gta3.img? If so, that's your problem, and V2 Isn't fully moddable.

If not, then post a topic here, but before that read the Pinned Posting Requirements.

smile.gif

teluog
  • teluog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:24 AM

I have a problem that i see alot (with no solutions)

IN-GAME RENDERING! i'd b driving along fine, then sometimes the road suddenly looks as if its far away, look behind and the world is completely gone, and in doherty (SF) i stand between the waste-grounds and the train station and when i look side to side all the buildings and roads disapear
sometimes the game wants to draw buildings and crap from far away but the stuff thats close (buildings, roads etc.) dont show until a few seconds later

i have a brand new DELL (idk specs)
san andreas downgraded v2.0
a assload of mods XD

any help?

Berto
  • Berto

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 August 2008 - 01:29 PM

Anyone know's why after some sound modification, i have trouble with sound...
I Changed one of car sound...and now i have trouble when reloading Colt45... whatsthat.gif

OJdaJuice
  • OJdaJuice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 January 2009 - 05:44 AM

QUOTE (NiSsAn_BoY @ May 22 2008, 00:07)

ok i have the same problem...more people than you think have this problem. I have found a way to fix the loading issue to where you can completely play the game with no crashes or other bullcrap to hinder your entertainment. BUT....it requires you to download the ver1 patch for GTA SA. also you must download the GTA SA no cd crack to even play the game there are tutorials on youtube that can help you find it. but you can google it and it will show you the way. just use youtube for installation help. do that and you will be playing San Andreas again. Just watch what mods you download and BACKUP YOUR FILES!!!! smile.gif

OJdaJuice
  • OJdaJuice

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 January 2009 - 12:17 AM

QUOTE (OJdaJuice @ Jan 6 2009, 05:44)
QUOTE (NiSsAn_BoY @ May 22 2008, 00:07)

ok i have the same problem...more people than you think have this problem. I have found a way to fix the loading issue to where you can completely play the game with no crashes or other bullcrap to hinder your entertainment. BUT....it requires you to download the ver1 patch for GTA SA. also you must download the GTA SA no cd crack to even play the game there are tutorials on youtube that can help you find it. but you can google it and it will show you the way. just use youtube for installation help. do that and you will be playing San Andreas again. Just watch what mods you download and BACKUP YOUR FILES!!!! smile.gif

Now i have monocle.gif found a way to stop the loading screen from freezing on version2...to tell the truth this may be able to fix any crashed game errors on GTA SA. Simple...RESTORE your computer back to an earlier point in time i.e. before you installed the game. This will get rid of any errors that you occur while trying to run the game. Any mods that you have installed should be gone. After Restore install the game again and run it...should run like new. (THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE DISK) I ran San Andreas on another computer and found no problems with the disk. Sometimes when you uninstall certain programs they wont completely remove themselves from your computer so you have to restore your computer. Be sure to backup your computer after restore for future refrence. For Vista users go to the control panel where you will find backup your computer click it and it basically runs you thru the rest of it. Plz email me [email protected] just incase something messes up. LET ME KNOW IF IM RIGHT!! colgate.gif

andreya
  • andreya

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

why if i instal cleo3 and add some mod
i cannot load my saved games
if i load my saved games after loading game
the game is crash (come pop-up with send or don't send)
somebody help me plz

Slap-A-Hoe
  • Slap-A-Hoe

I'll Slap Tha Taste Out Your Mouth

• Members

Posted 14 February 2009 - 08:55 AM

Everytime I install Dmagic Wheelmod with VCMM it gives me this error

Installing...
Checking file flags...
Loading Script...
Processing commands...
config_editconfig( \data\default.dat, MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\wheels.dff, MODELFILE MODELS\GENERIC\nowheel.DFF, 2 );
FATAL - Cannot open file C:\Program Files (x86)\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\data\default.dat- Installation will now halt.
Generating Uninstall Info...
All Done

I cant install it and I tried manually and that didnt work either, any ideas? Col Editor doesnt work either, they all used to but know they dont, is it cuz im using Vista?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users