Photo

GTA Long Night Demo

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
174 replies to this topic
hellfish
  • hellfish

Long Night Creator

• Members

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:06 PM Edited by hellfish, 14 December 2004 - 05:59 AM.

The Fighting Hellfish present GTA: Long Night, an arcade horror total conversion modification for Vice City.

The demo features:
-Over 15 zombie models.
-New explosions, rain, fire, ricochet sparks, muzzle flashes, smoke and other particles.
-New playable characters.
-Entirely re-textured mall.
-The ability to carry the minigun, flamethrower, M60, and rocket launcher all at the same time. Numerous other weapon tweaks as well.
-New Sniper scope.
-New Missions.
-Numerous Easter eggs.

File size is 15.2 MB. It can be found at:
GTA Long Night Demo

Screenshots:
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

DEC 2004: Link updated to most reliable source. Happy gaming.

coolcraigd
  • coolcraigd

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 March 2004 - 10:47 PM

gr8 work

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2004 - 11:57 PM

go here and upload it to the mods section then add it to the D/L list

El Super Phreak
  • El Super Phreak

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2004 - 12:39 AM

Very Nice. cookie.gif

squishycube
  • squishycube

TOOTEN!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

I really like those flames. Good work mate

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2004 - 09:48 PM

man it looks like one of the zombies is biting whoever you are tounge.gif that'll be the best so cookie.gif 4 you smile.gif

mer cinder
  • mer cinder

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 10:38 PM

Very interesting and appealing mod!

Now what about the details, not every ped is a zombie I take it, so will the zombies be gang-like? How do they attack you? That first shot looks like your getting a chunk bitten out of you!

This looks like a REALLY interesting and promising mod, can't wait for the files to get back up!

hellfish
  • hellfish

Long Night Creator

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 12:52 AM Edited by hellfish, 24 March 2004 - 07:49 AM.

It's available for download at the gamer's alliance site...I tried making a direct link, but it only seemed to bring up the Gamer's alliance Main webpage, so I made a link that lead's directly to the download page instead. I think it's because I simply swiped out the URL from the new one with the address for download in the original.

GTA Long Night Demo 0.1

Sorry. But at least its online.
Enjoy.

Here's a few more screenshots.
user posted image

user posted image

Besen
  • Besen

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 March 2004 - 04:45 AM

Looks interresting, good job. Thx for permission.

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 12:17 AM

man i just got done playing it an WOAH thast sweet man! cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif 's for you!

jaybirdx1
  • jaybirdx1

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 March 2004 - 06:24 AM

can someone please explain to me wut you do once you get to the army base in detail for me, cuz mine pauses when a helicopter comes i think im doing something totally wrong... so far the demo was cool is there going to be more releases w/ like traffic or sumtin that would totally be sweet sort of like dawn of the dead, good movie go see it

mer cinder
  • mer cinder

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 March 2004 - 08:52 AM

Is there any way someone could write up an installer for this? It's a great mod, but I'm trying to beat VC again. So I don't want to reapply all these files every time I wanna play.

Great stuff BTW.

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:26 AM

there is an installer script for GTA MOD Installer for all of the files in the IMG file and the rest u just plug in

ThE_cHeEsE
  • ThE_cHeEsE

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 12:42 AM

just dl it a little while ago good work, love the weather and the missions i say good work have some cookies cookie.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif biggrin.gif

Gene Starwind327
  • Gene Starwind327

B

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2004 - 03:35 PM

when will the next version come out? i seriously think it's the greatest mod

hellfish
  • hellfish

Long Night Creator

• Members

Posted 28 March 2004 - 02:11 AM Edited by hellfish, 28 March 2004 - 07:08 PM.

Here is a new patch. It addresses some glitches and minor errors. It also adds a few things, including a biker with a sniper rifle in the mall.
It's only 11kb. Drop it in the data folder.

http://www.thegamers...int 2 Patch.rar

Here are some more screencaps:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

If you've gotten everything, you'll have 125 health, 150 armor in the mall, infinite sprint, fireproof, over 3000 dollars, and better hand to hand combat.

The whole project will have to be done when it's finished. We have several other projects, but we'll keep you posted.

Bernard Jazz
  • Bernard Jazz

Dud dats not gas, dats a chikn.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2004 - 05:29 PM Edited by Mealing, 15 April 2004 - 09:05 AM.

i'm downloading it now but the little 11kilobizzy fix doesn't work, bad linkage tounge.gif

use this link

*edit*
Played it now, you are a legend.
Have a cookie.gif

*edit again*
Zombies never showed up, probably my mistake when installing all the txd and dff files.
Also, it crashed after i went into the army base and started shooting all the zombies with a sniper rifle.

iamdarknessitself_666
  • iamdarknessitself_666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2004 - 06:24 AM

ok, everytime i try to download it, it always like stops, and it doesn't download the full 15 MB's. I just tried again and it stopped at 1.5 MB. Any help with this?, but I really want this mod, I'm a big fan of zombie flicks, and this mod roles all of them in one and I can play it biggrin.gif great job lol.gif

iamdarknessitself_666
  • iamdarknessitself_666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 April 2004 - 08:01 PM

This mod is great guy's I finally got the whole thing and it didnt screw up. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif , it's so goood sooooooooooogggggggggggggooooooooooooodddddddddd. Yeah that's my point of view, I've watched almost every zombie/import zombie movie, and this is like playing the movie guys thumbs rah.gif

Agent 47
  • Agent 47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:31 AM

This is so sweet I want to download this Mod. How much memory does it take up and how to you install it??? Screens look pretty kick ass sly.gif

Ozzy Osbourne
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Uncontrollable

• Members

Posted 26 April 2004 - 09:32 PM

this mod is beautiful.. its answered my prayers... keep up the great work guys... Truelly Beautiful...

bit of "Dawn of the Dead" goin on there.

can I make a suggestion? changing all of their ped movements to the Tramp walk, coz they walk like zombies...
and to make them not Run, put their stamina stats down, and their scared down too.

Jordan
  • Jordan

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 May 2004 - 08:01 AM

Any updates on this mod? When will a new version be coming out?

Irishmile
  • Irishmile

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 12:33 PM

I really want to play this but have no clue how to get it to work HELP!! Im a n00b when it comes to this sort of stuff.

Jezboy
  • Jezboy

...is gone.

• Members

Posted 18 May 2004 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (hellfish @ Mar 21 2004, 21:06)
user posted image

I'm sure that is Lance Vance at the back...

smokinjoe
  • smokinjoe

angry kid

• Members

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:55 PM

great great mod - a few problems though... the zombies are too fast! they overpower you very easily if youre not careful - also Im stuck at the army base, I get there and the gate is locked, and it says something about finding a diamond or some kind of jewel or something (I played it over a month ago so my memory is foggy) but then I dont know what to do after that, there are no blips etc on the map and no text telling me where to go...

zombieuk
  • zombieuk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

is another version of this mod currenly being worked on cause I really want to play it. also how can I stop the timer cause it getting on my nerves.

Phosgene
  • Phosgene

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:45 AM Edited by Phosgene, 04 June 2004 - 03:16 AM.

Well, I downloaded this, uninstalled all other mods, then installed this one, and the following happens: My screen (aside from the HUD) turns into a light blue mess of what appears to be television static. Seeing anything is an impossibility, and I get to hear the zombies tear/rip me apart. Respawning, I see the same blue mess. Does anyone have any ideas?

sad.gif

Edit: I deleted my backup copy of VC, uninstalled the regular copy of VC, then reinstalled the game AND the mod. The static-looking fuzz is still there, but it's gray now.

confused.gif

hellfish
  • hellfish

Long Night Creator

• Members

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:26 AM

The static is supposed to be there. You need to get to the purple checkpoint to activate teh emergency power. It should be in front of you when the power goes out (Coffee shop doorway).

MONSTER SQUAD
  • MONSTER SQUAD

MONSTER SQUAD: Evil Genius, Arch Nemisis, Super-Villain, Nogoodn

• Members

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:23 AM

Hiya!

It's good to see someone else has also done a GTA mod with horror in mind! I've been looking forward to trying out this mod, but...

I've downloaded the mod twice and each time I try to unstuff it, I get a error message that says unable to expand archive: ENGINE ERROR: FORMAT ERROR

I don't have any problem expanding any other files I've downloaded in the last few days. What's the fix?

Monty

user posted image
LINK: Home of THE UNDEAD and GTA:UNDEAD

MONSTER SQUAD
  • MONSTER SQUAD

MONSTER SQUAD: Evil Genius, Arch Nemisis, Super-Villain, Nogoodn

• Members

Posted 16 June 2004 - 09:01 PM

Okey, I was fortunate enough to find someone else that had an uncorrupted version of the mod, they sent it to me and I was able to install it with no problems..

It's a helluva fun play! Honestly, I havent had so much fun in awhile. I made it to the base and got in, then rushed down out of the tower after blasting plenty of zombies...called for back-up from Racoon City and waited on the roof for the helicopter...but as soon as it lands next to me I keep getting the dreaded "CLUNK OF DOOM" and the game freezes. Is that the end of the demo, or is there more after that?

I really like this mod a LOT and wondered if when a few of the bugs are worked out if you wanted to combine forces and release it along with the GTA: UNDEAD mods? I think the pairing of the two would be perfect. Let me know.

CLICK to go to GTA:UNDEAD pages

Monty

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users