» «
Photo

[REL|V1]TRN-IA

29 replies to this topic
TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:42 AM Edited by TRN4L, 16 March 2004 - 06:57 PM.

ok i'm tired of this gettin dusty on my HDD, there may be a couple glitches so point em out. there is no LOD at the moment, will add that in soon and make a seperate download. I suck at readme's so there is none, unless someone wants to write one for me. Installation is the same as anyother lot though. if you mess up a step or get confused try the new Vice Validator tool, i think its in the misc. forum. post any comments, if you dont like it feel free to be mean tounge.gif i dont care, i got other stuff to move on to. I WILL update needed repairs though, and missino coding too i hope...

EDIT: Ok sorry about the screw up:) i fixed the file, again. now its got a read me and all that jazz. scroll down for my pics.

THE DOWNLOAD

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:55 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 16 March 2004 - 11:29 PM.

THE SCRIPT FOR INSTALLING THE LOT!

CODE
print Installing TRN4L

dir select tony_com\ADD TO IMG
img opendef
img delete illcom_c2_r3.dff
img delete illcom_c3_r3.dff
img addall
img close

col open data\maps\illcomSE\illcomSE.col
col delete illcom_c3_r3
col delete illcom_c2_r3
col close

dir create data\maps\tonycom
copy tony_com\tonycom\tonycom.col to data\maps\tonycom\tonycom.col
copy tony_com\tonycom\tonycom.ide to data\maps\tonycom\tonycom.ide
copy tony_com\tonycom\tonycom.ipl to data\maps\tonycom\tonycom.ipl

ide open data\maps\illcomNW\illcomNW.IDE
ide del 2120,*
ide del 2070,*
ide add objs 2120, illcom_c3_r3, dealership, 1, 300, 1
ide add objs 2070, illcom_c2_r3, dealership, 1, 300, 1
ide close

ipl open data\maps\illcomNW\illcomNW.ipl
ipl del inst 2120,*
ipl del inst 2070,*
ipl add inst 2120, illcom_c3_r3, 0, 146.94, -645.25, 23.66, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
ipl add inst 2070, illcom_c2_r3, 0, 71.2022, -649.398, 23.1021, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1
ipl close

gta_vc.dat open
gta_vc.dat add IDE DATA\MAPS\tonycom\tonycom.ide
gta_vc.dat add COLFILE 0 DATA\MAPS\tonycom\tonycom.col
gta_vc.dat add IPL DATA\MAPS\tonycom\tonycom.ipl
gta_vc.dat close

PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE'S ANY ERROR.

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:59 AM Edited by TRN4L, 16 March 2004 - 03:05 AM.

ill fix

EDIT: ok the new file is up, sorry about that. i'm in a bit of a hurry i'm headed out tonite.....

EDIT: you keep editing the same time i do biggrin.gif gonna have to adjust that script cause I fixed the location of the IDE file, Thanx alot for that cause i really dont like making install instructions when most people with a decent attention span can figure it out based on installing the rest of the lots. tounge.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:10 AM Edited by spaceeinstein, 17 March 2004 - 02:17 AM.

Install script up there.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:37 AM

What does this do i see no change to anything?Any pics

jamesd
  • jamesd

Ford Australia Suck!

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2004 - 09:42 AM

where is the pics?

jamesd

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 16 2004, 19:07)
What does this do i see no change to anything?Any pics

Well for me its sunken part of the lot into brown hell but apart from that there are quite a few new additions, like a sound system test thing showing all the different audio decks etc.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:57 AM

Well i cant seem to find it where ii it is it additions to madison repair or near there i dont see anything.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 March 2004 - 12:09 PM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 16 2004, 12:57)
Well i cant seem to find it where ii it is it additions to madison repair or near there i dont see anything.

near my lot or in the future "Demarest hottel"

good job!
now need a picture for this topic ph34r.gif

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:27 PM

Still cant find it i used the install script too.All i see is your lot and madison Fuk & U.

Ohh and another thing i think this was posted somewhere but here whats wrong:user posted image

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 March 2004 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 16 2004, 15:27)
Still cant find it i used the install script too.All i see is your lot and madison Fuk & U.

Ohh and another thing i think this was posted somewhere but here whats wrong:user posted image

huh

beter post in my topic (SR street)

this will be Demarest hotel in next alpha release

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 02:10 PM

ohh thanx im sorry any ways you got screenshots of TRN-IA?

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 03:29 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 16 March 2004 - 04:09 PM.

As the biggest recycling (choose yourself) ever, with all the stuff recycled in his 'Fuk+Yu Auto Imports' and now with the recycled 'Mean street taxis', I'm sure the rest of it is recycled also. The name 'Fuk+All' would be fitting for this one I guess.

edit: Maby the name 'Fuk+All' would be fitting for this one.

edit again: If you look at the files, it's a modified version of the 'Fuk+Yu Auto Imports'. My guess would be to install either the one or the other, not both. Without a readme, who knows...

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:31 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Mar 16 2004, 17:29)
recycled 'Mean street taxis'

it's VC object in generic.ide .col ...
so it's not recycle

rolleyes.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:42 PM

it looks realy good in moomapper but it is sunken into the ground but this is no big problem since you can fix it in a min in moomapper.However when you slot either lot into place it turns out there is still a gap in the middle since on of the lots is smaller than the original lot!!!!!!!!! snowracer did you get it working?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 16 March 2004 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Mar 16 2004, 19:42)
snowracer did you get it working?

yes
I do

ph34r.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:05 PM Edited by TRN4L, 16 March 2004 - 06:09 PM.

Barton i'm about sick of your stupidity, if you bothered to download the f*ckin update you notice that near to nothing from the original lot exists in the current model. So get your head outta your ass and install it. and its belo the groung cause i forgot to add the lines needed in the IllcomNW.ide and IPL. ill post that in here aswell as add it to the file. I'll make a read me as best i can. only reason i rushed it out last nite is cause i had somewhere to got and i promised GM2k i'd release it. I'll post some pics of what it really looks like. Barton you have continually annoyed the hell outta me with your comments in this whole project. no body gives a damn about your random banter. so if you dont have anything useful to contribute keep it to yourself. I'm annoyed as hell with you antagonistic attitude.

EDIT: and i never recycled ANYTHING from mean street taxis... dunno where the heck you came up with that from..... Only thing i reused in the ORIGINAL alpha (not this version) was the lighting from the generic.ide and those blue construction walls, which were also generic.ide objects. You really need to pay attention and stop focusing on being such a negative ctitique. it would be different if you installed it and then pointed out errors and/or sugestions.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:39 PM

aye aye the banter talk..... well nice lot i got it working fine now with almost correct ipl's.All i gotta say with a lod and coding this lot will be a real good addition to myriad

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:59 PM Edited by TRN4L, 16 March 2004 - 07:03 PM.

Updated the files. its got a readme (i restructured illy's police station readme. sorry illy biggrin.gif ) and all that. fixed a glitch i noticed just this morning.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:42 PM

From the pics this looks quite clean, good job I will have to wait to put it in game though. sad.gif

blaer
  • blaer

boo!

• Members

Posted 16 March 2004 - 10:59 PM

looks nice from the shots rah.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 March 2004 - 11:35 PM

I updated the script on the second post of the topic.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 17 March 2004 - 01:08 AM

Then walls look a little plain.... confused.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 18 March 2004 - 11:19 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 18 March 2004 - 12:59 PM.

edit: never mind

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 05:15 AM

so barton... how about finishing porting that code I sent you a little over a month ago? I thought someone of your calibur mission coding skills could get it done in a day. I know I could.

@TRN4L: Nice job at finally releasing it. I'm sure my constant pestering helped a little, lol. Very nice job on fixing all those errors. Keep up the good work.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 08:38 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 23 March 2004 - 09:00 AM.

QUOTE (ghost_master2000 @ Mar 23 2004, 06:15)
so barton... how about finishing porting that code I sent you a little over a month ago? I thought someone of your calibur mission coding skills could get it done in a day. I know I could.

@TRN4L: Nice job at finally releasing it. I'm sure my constant pestering helped a little, lol. Very nice job on fixing all those errors. Keep up the good work.

So, the code is for this lot then ?? A spinning car and lots of key pressing stuff ? Well, great then (because it isn't another shop). Not sure if I like the immunities "cheating" code. Doesn't fit very well with certain missions (but useful on some missions I guess). Would be better to use a separate garage for immunities stuff (so you get a choice in the matter). And I see the tires aren't made immune. Would it be ok if I put it in the mission part of the code ? If I do, you can't use it when you're on missions.

edit: I could put the garage in MAIN since it won't take up that much space.

edit again: I could put both in MAIN, but moving it later if space runs out would be boring.

What's the plan with all the garages anyway ? Like the large garage on the east side and the tiny one in the "middle" of it ? And I guess that "parking house" needs some cars.

And one-way windows are REALLY annoying. And they're used all over illcom. You can't see sh*t. Not even a spinning car inside the shop (if that's where it's supposed to go).

To prevent giving myself a headaqe, I'll look at the code when I get some answers about the one-way windows and all the other stuff. And I don't need a "do it yourself" answer.

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 March 2004 - 09:47 PM

oh yeah, sorry. my bad about the immunities thing. I was testing some stuff witht that and I forgot to remove it. It is essentially a car selector similar to ones in racing games. I think it would actually be better to do it as a mission so people can't just go there and grab whatever car they wanted for a specific mission, theough if they thought ahead they could still do that. definitely do it as a mission.

I'm not sure what you mean by "one sided windows", but I assume it's a reference to the modeliung of the building and not to teh coding. Actually I think you should forget the pay and spray thing because you can get whatever color car you want with the car selector thing anyways.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (ghost_master2000 @ Mar 23 2004, 22:47)
oh yeah, sorry. my bad about the immunities thing. I was testing some stuff witht that and I forgot to remove it. It is essentially a car selector similar to ones in racing games. I think it would actually be better to do it as a mission so people can't just go there and grab whatever car they wanted for a specific mission, theough if they thought ahead they could still do that. definitely do it as a mission.

I'm not sure what you mean by "one sided windows", but I assume it's a reference to the modeliung of the building and not to teh coding. Actually I think you should forget the pay and spray thing because you can get whatever color car you want with the car selector thing anyways.

Have you ever heard about one-way mirrors ? From one side, it looks like a mirror, from the other side, it looks like a glass. You can see through it one way, not the other. Some windows on lots in Myriad almost works like this. The difference is you can't see a thing from inside the buildings (except the island base). From the outside, you can only see certain things. If you actually can see a car inside the building from outside the building looking in through the window, I guess a car selector like this can be done. If not, why code it if you can't see the car ? What's funny about going inside to see anything ? What's so hard about creating a working window anyway ? What's even more annoying is those invisible objects (that nobody's ever heard about) that you crash into on the parking lot. My upcoming limo driver mission illustrates this very well. If the scripted bfinj. (or replaced car) with a gunner gets stuck, don't blame me, blame the ghost col objects on the parking lot (that nobody's ever heard about). Sucks...

ghost_master2000
  • ghost_master2000

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 11:19 PM

Oh yeah you mean the rendering problem with the Alpha channels in textured pbjects. I just played the PS2 version of vice city the other day adn it seemed to not have that problem. Perhaps an engine problem with Renderware, or somethng of the sort.

Those invisible cols piss me off too, but what can you do? And the windows thing is irrelevant as there is no window betweent eh car and the camerain this, so ti's not a problem.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 25 March 2004 - 07:13 AM

The lot owner would need to make the glass a seperate object, and change add a 4 to the last entry in the IDE file.

But no matter what, there can be only be one layer of alpha-ness before all other alphas cut to the skybox.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users