» «
Photo

[Rel/Fin]

20 replies to this topic
chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:38 PM Edited by chickenplucker, 04 March 2004 - 04:39 PM.

Illcom_c4_r111

Download

(Scroll through the list or it should be on the hompage, its called Illcom_c4_r111)

Heres my last lot for the first island, I have pretty much burned my self out working modelling stuff. Its spring break time at college and I'm going to party the next week away biggrin.gif .

After reading Decays post a while back on how to many polys=bad, I decided I would whip up a lot that didnt' have alot of detail,yet still looked good. So I made a few big boxy commercial buildings called Nron, like Enron.
This lot is a fairly good sized set of office buildings, with roof jumps avalible via fire escape ladders. Has lights and a little fountain that works out front. If you have main.scm experiance (unlike me tounge.gif ) you can probley add the parked cars code I put in the readme. Please don't bug me if you cant.

user posted image
Changed the sign as it looked like crap on a stick. Still dosen't look great though.
user posted image
This pic is kind of crappy biggrin.gif

There ya go, have fun. rah.gif

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:42 PM

Good Work Neighbour! tounge.gif
I'm downloading it now! biggrin.gif:D:D

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:51 PM

Looks great like your other lot, its a shame you are not doing any more. confused.gif

I am downloading it now............... and now installing I will tell you what I think later, its looks great though. smile.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:54 PM

wooh poof

another lot...

good job!

I cant work on myriad > exams/projects suicidal.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 March 2004 - 05:49 PM

I think this lot is great, but on my cimputer it seemed to be quite dark. I did'nt check the time though. Has it got pre-lighting. smile.gif

Good work its a great lot. Ask Barton to put the cars in his next mission script.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:24 PM

Gta 3 textures ? One building copied into 4 buildings. Building base looks very familiar...

nothing new then... sleepy.gif

TRN4L
  • TRN4L

Novus Ordo Seclorum

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:06 PM

looks pretty good, im installing now smile.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:36 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 04 March 2004 - 09:27 PM.

Install script

CODE

print Installing illcom_c4_r111

dir select add_to_img
img opendef
img addall
img close

dir create data\maps\cp_nron
copy cp_nron\cp_nron.col to data\maps\cp_nron\cp_nron.col
copy cp_nron\cp_nron.ide to data\maps\cp_nron\cp_nron.ide
copy cp_nron\cp_nron.ipl to data\maps\cp_nron\cp_nron.ipl

gta_vc.dat open
gta_vc.dat add IDE DATA\MAPS\cp_nron\cp_nron.ide
gta_vc.dat add COLFILE 0 DATA\MAPS\cp_nron\cp_nron.col
gta_vc.dat add IPL DATA\MAPS\cp_nron\cp_nron.ipl
gta_vc.dat close

If there's an error, please tell me.

{EDIT} Ah forgot the gta_vc.dat!

{EDIT 2} I FORGOT TO CREATE FOLDER! Man I suck at create scripts.

G)-(OSTofCT
  • G)-(OSTofCT

Scorps4Life <3

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:36 AM

Excelent lot CP!! Hope you'll come back.

P.S. Don't get too messed up on break.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:26 AM

Hey nice work chicken, love the jumps on the roof biggrin.gif

MyMothersMySister
  • MyMothersMySister

Uncle Dysfunktional

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

Nice work chicken,

Some good looking stuff coming through for Myriad lately and I'm eager to see (if ever wink.gif) the final release you guys are all happy with.

dairyman88
  • dairyman88

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:51 PM

oooo, looks pretty... I can't wait to download it...

maybe you should concider one more lot for the commercial district wink.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 06 March 2004 - 11:19 PM

@GT-1
Looks great like your other lot, its a shame you are not doing any more.

I'm just going to wait for the next few islands to be relesed before I start on anymore. Sorry about not being able to prelight things, I use zmod and it seems to like making dark models. I have 3ds r3, but I dont have a clue on how to use most of the stuff.

@Mr. Waterduck
Sorry about the unoriganality of my lot. The buildings are a bit diffrent then just being copied over, but not by much. I was looking for some new textures but, so far no luck. You have a sharp eye on that entranceway wink.gif , I was going to do a big fancy glass tower thing that repeted itself on the other buildings but my ambition just kind of flew out the window. Some day it will be updated, along with my other lot.

Nice job on that install script spaceeinstein rah.gif

@G)-(OSTofCT
P.S. Don't get too messed up on break.

I'll try not to man biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the comments everyone Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:39 AM

Nice work, again, ChickenPlucker! While Barton may not like the repetitive building style, I think it gives it a real corporate office-park feel. smile.gif

Oh, and since you have Max, but don't know how most of it works, you could always just use it for doing the pre-lighting. All there is to that really is importing your models in, fixing the texture paths (which Zmod always screws up on export), adding a couple of lights to the scene, then applying a 'vertex color' modifier. If it helps, I've got a *basic* tutorial for getting .3ds files from Zmod into Max right here (you can probably ignore the part about 2-sided materials). after getting the models loaded right and some lights added to the scene, the vertex color modifier can be found by going to the panel with the little hammer, then clicking more.

Oh, and for lights that match the scene, you could also merge in the ones from the .max file in this zip. Not neccessary for buildings really, but it wil give you an idea of how bright the lights should be. wink.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:38 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 08 March 2004 - 01:39 PM.

QUOTE (illspirit @ Mar 7 2004, 09:39)
Nice work, again, ChickenPlucker! While Barton may not like the repetitive building style, I think it gives it a real corporate office-park feel. smile.gif

It looked better when I actually installed it. blush.gif A bit problematic to get a bike up to the roof. Had to drive backwards. A save anywhere mod combined with a "make your car stay in the game forever" garage (that I added to chickenplucker dealership) should fix that.

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:18 PM

Thanks for that tutorial link Illspirit, I'll give it a try and see what I can come up with. I was using 3ds just for col. files, which is a huge waste of a great modeling program. I was going to try and take a class on it at college but all they offered was lightwave. Thanks for the help Illspirit. biggrin.gif

Yeah thats a huge pain in the butt getting a bike up there Barton biggrin.gif . I wasted a half hour trying to get an extra long v8 powered moped up to the top, only to fall off once I got up there. Maybe a set of doors opened at the bottom with a short hallway to an elevator would make things easier. Can't wait to see what your new mission script has in it rah.gif

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 04:38 PM

Great work! I like the stairs. wink.gif
I only miss Vertex Colours and there are not enough shop textures. I hope you will make a little update with these two things. smile.gif

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 09 March 2004 - 06:35 AM Edited by Sillyhed2000, 09 March 2004 - 06:37 AM.

Nice! From where I'm standing it looks awesome, I hope you get around to making some more lots.

Myriad's starting to fill up smile.gif

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 02:59 AM

Don't worry about roof access ChickenPlucker, my lot next door has some jumps which you can use to get up to the first level, and in the second lot i'm going to have some jumps up to higher roofs which will eventually access yours. I agree, the fire escape took for EVER to climb on a bike, and I fell off right away too. Otherwise I like it, and have started working on Nron's dirty little secret (big nasty oil spill in the sewage/drainage area I'm putting behind it). Check the glitches page, some trees are crossing our border and into my building.

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:40 PM

Sweet cant' wait to see what kind of jumps you have! And that oil place sounds awsome, that'll sure bring down my lots property value biggrin.gif . Fixed the trees, theres a new version now with a diffrent IPL file.

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 11 March 2004 - 12:32 AM

great, thanks for the quick reply man. I'll grab the IPL today. Took screenshots of the ramps and stuff, but forgot them at home, I'm going to work on the sewer tonight and tomorrow, and put up shots of everything on Friday. I should have c4R11 released some time next week. let me know if you get the vertex lighthing thing worked out, i'm in the same boat not having the right 3DSmax, and you can really tell a difference on the plots that do and don't use pre-lighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users