Photo

What about some gangs?

34 replies to this topic
illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:38 PM

Erm, I know we had a topic related to gangs around here somewhere, but I was just too lazy to go look for it. Didn't really get anywhere in it IIRC, so, yea, here we are....

As posted in the PPT, Steve M and I are working on a gangsta punk rock girl ped, which I'd like to see part of a gang. Perhaps as a punk gang who's base is in the sewer somewhere. Then, for the gang's basic objective/purpose, I'm thinking typical anarcist-ish stuff like 'fighting the power' (in other words, police), random arson/bombing of things, starting riots (bar brawl in the Skyline?), and some good ol' fashioned vandalism. This sound good or not?

Next, since Lazio is planning on making a soccer stadium for the residential island up north, how about some skinheads/football-hooligans? Or would that be too British? I think it would be quite fun, and I'm Amerikan. Naturally, being football hooligans and all, missions could revolve around riots (again, sorry, feeling anti-social today- but hey, everyone likes riots) and such. Maybe blowing up a visiting team's bus and stealing beer trucks. Might also make a good nemesis for the punk gang...

And how about a GTA2 throwback Zaibatsu-ish corporate gang? they could ride around in expensive black sports cars, wearing nice suits, and carrrying MP5's. For missions you could help them with corporate hostile takeovers, aquiring property, and some other almost Donald Love-ish type stuff.

X-fix
  • X-fix

Lifes in a box

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Feb 20 2004, 18:38)
Next, since Lazio is planning on making a soccer stadium for the residential island up north, how about some skinheads/football-hooligans? Or would that be too British?

This is an good plan and no it is not to british here in holland we have hooligans to they destroy everything !

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 06:48 PM

i vote Bikers smile.gif

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

The Ed One

• The Precinct
  • United-States

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (Xyzar @ Feb 20 2004, 13:48)
i vote Bikers smile.gif

I as well... I would also like to see the Mafia come back. I know its been done to death but in my opinion you just gotta have the mob.

But not like Vice City I mean like a real family, like the Leone's in GTA3

Maybe instead of you working for every single gang, what if you work for one gang and you have to help your allies and keep your enimeis in check?

You work for the Mafia, you are part of a crew. You make deals with the Zaibatsu to help the Family work its way into lagitemate buisness. You have to keep the Football hooligans in check. They start in roiting going after the Beer trucks? Well the Family you work for owns the trucks, owns the company. Its one of their fronts. So you gotta figure a way to get the beer back and beat some payment for the trucks out of the hooligans.

I mean this is all stuff off the top of my head, but I really think you could (or hell I could for that matter) develop a great story based on working all the other gangs to benifit one Family. That way you have more of a cause, and you are not this whore offering your services to the highest bidder.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Feb 20 2004, 18:38)
Next, since Lazio is planning on making a soccer stadium for the residential island up north, how about some skinheads/football-hooligans?

I think that this is a great idea, football hooligans. rah.gif
QUOTE (King_illspirit)
And how about a GTA2 throwback Zaibatsu-ish corporate gang? they could ride around in expensive black sports cars, wearing nice suits, and carrrying MP5's. For missions you could help them with corporate hostile takeovers, aquiring property, and some other almost Donald Love-ish type stuff.

That would be great also, I think that this should be a must, I personally would love to see the Zaibatsu gang back in Myriad or GTA. The zaibatsu have been one of the best gangs imo for the GTA series. Bring them back. biggrin.gif

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:17 PM

I vote for Japanese biggrin.gif

Teancum
  • Teancum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:37 PM

How about a gang of street racers? Assing 2-3 cars to the gang, and allow them to be multicolored. They could own a garage like Joey's in GTA3.

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 08:25 PM

mad.gif hey cum on

please i am a punk and i dont like sewers.
so does the rest of punks on my school.
and no we are not violent and smoke drugs.
we only wear different clothes and like differint music

Intake
  • Intake

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (Star_Enterprise @ Feb 20 2004, 20:25)
mad.gif hey cum on

please i am a punk and i dont like sewers.
so does the rest of punks on my school.
and no we are not violent and smoke drugs.
we only wear different clothes and like differint music

oh, shut up you. This is a topic about a gta mod... nobody cares what social group you classify yourself as.

But you do make a good point, putting the goth gang thing in the sewers would be really strange.... just throw them somewhere in the residential area. maybe you could have a ninja turtle gang for the sewers, lol

Now I, for one, would love to see somebody try and recreate one of the wacky gta2 gangs like the loonies, the scientists, or hare krishna smile.gif

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:16 PM

A punk gang sounds cool. A football gang sounds cool as well. How about since the topic is based at gtaforums, why don't we include gangs from here?
Like: The Firm - football gang
Cfm, LFM, Amf, - mafia style familys
The preicent - cop type of gang.

@Intake he was only expressing his opionion, and I'd like to know how the f*ck can you post with 6 stars?

Intake
  • Intake

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 09:29 PM

QUOTE (gansta_killa @ Feb 20 2004, 21:16)
@Intake he was only expressing his opionion, and I'd like to know how the f*ck can you post with 6 stars?

he expressed his opinion, and I expressed mine. Oh how wonderful it is to live in a free world smile.gif

now I like the idea of using the gangs from here... but 1 mafia is enough, a cop gang makes no sense, and I think the firm is a tad too new.

p.s. there are only 5 stars, learn to count wink.gif

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:30 PM

I'd like a street gang. Ones who wear jerseys, dew rags, some bling, and forget the famous ass hanging out the pants. sigh.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:36 PM Edited by illspirit, 20 February 2004 - 10:45 PM.

@ Xyzar - Oh yea, bikers would be easy enough, seeing as there's already models for them. Only instead of them being mostly useless as they were in VC, we could have them riding all over town fighting with other gangs. Hmmm, speaking of bikers, a mission where you had to ride up in a bike convoy/parade and have a rolling shootout with the leader would be rather interesting...

@ What?!??! - Yea, I suppose you're right. Some sort of mafia is a prerequisite for any sort of crime world. Dunno how well we could intertwine the gangs though, unless Barton can find a way to ressurect the Respect-O-Meter™ from GTA2.

@ GT-1 - Don't know if we could actually call them Zaibatsu, as R* probably have the name trademarked or something. If they do mind, we can always make something similar.

@ Ekamentus - Eh? You mean the Yakuza? dontgetit.gif

@ Teancum - Standard AI gangs can only use one car AFAIK. But maybe a few scripted races against a psuedo gang could be arranged.

@ Star_Enterprise - Sheesh, calm down man, I'm what most might consider 'punk' too. The concept is based mainly on some of the punk gangs in NYC and San Fran- or, more specificly, the squatter punk gangs in the Bay Area which brought us such bands as Filth or, hell, even Rancid before they were big sellouts. wink.gif

@ Intake Chibi - Yea, loonies and scientists would be fun... Now where did you get those stars from? The logs don't even show you getting them, and technically you shouldn't be able to post now with them. Weird. (edit- now he's busted?(*editedit- oh, I see now. Hi Chibi.))

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (KING_illspirit)
@ GT-1 - Don't know if we could actually call them Zaibatsu, as R* probably have the name trademarked or something. If they do mind, we can always make something similar.

If we can't use the name it does'nt matter but a gang based on the Zaibatsu should be made, a rich gang businessmen like.

I also agree with Redkiller we need a street gang, good idea mate.

die Catalina die
  • die Catalina die

devil's advocate

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:01 AM

Heeey, I've been waiting for a thread like this! biggrin.gif Since we have all these mafia and corporate gangs, how about we get down n dirty, and have a caribbean themed gang? Me being from the caribbean, I know what it's like to be poor, and what it's like to live amongst little gangs etc. I could think of lots of locales, secret places and what this area will look like overall.

How about we base the gang members on a fictitional carribean country/countries. They can be located in a poor, run down, undeveloped part of one of the hilly islands, where the locals dont give a damn about the rigors of life, they just want to chill out and take it easy. The gang could be dealing in drugs, as well as the illegal immigrant trade. tounge.gif There can be reggae music blasting from people's property as u drive down the unpaved roads.

Here's a story/mission idea:

You get mixed up in the whole gang by mistake. You're doing an errand for someone else at night, and have to pickup smoeone in the area. When u arrive at the address, you have to park the car, and walk through a makeshift alley, complete with galvanized fences, and a dirt path, passing all sorts of shady characters as u go by. You have no idea where your contact is, so while wandering around, someone asks u to stop, and calls u over to his hammock under a tree. You walk over to him, and he asks u if u have any weed on u. U say no, but u do know where to find some weed. You say you'll tell him, IF he has any usefull information on where your contact could be. He says that your contact left a while ago(lying, just so he can get the weed).

You ponder on why your contact would leave u before u arrive, but u tell the guy you'll get his weed anyway. So u hurry out of the area, get the weed, and when u return and give it to him, he invites you to a little pary in what's known as "Dee cow pen" or 'The cow pen' in normal english. The Cow Pen is a secret area. To get there, you have to go all the way to the depths of the alley, walk downhill on the side of a huge drain, which is used to carry rainwater downhill and into the sea. Once u walk along this, u arrive at a dirt yard, with a shack in it. This place used to be a cowpen, but now it's been turned into an illegal gambling place, where people lose their money....and there body parts. happy.gif You walk into the shack, go down the storm cellar hatch, and find yourself in a smokey environment, lit by bulbs hanging from the ceiling. You're surrounded by people smoking, chillin, drinkin, etc. But they're not there just for fun, they're there to have a gang meeting, and to plan their next job...

Yes people, all this is inspired by real life experiences. bored.gif tounge.gif I can come up with a lot of ideas for this if this becomes an official gang. What do u guys think? lol.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 01:18 AM

The Punk gang sounds great and having em reside in the sewers is something different from the typical gta gang that take up a small area of the city on street level.

I like the rioting footballers idea and its not that british, here in Australia there are often rioting football(not english soccer AFL) fans that go on a rampage when their team looses.

The Mafia really need to have a presence in Myriad, if only but a small part and maybe we could use one of the mafia based gangs here on the forums like CFM, AMF, LFM etc. seeing as this is a mod being made on gtaforums.com.

@d_C_d- I have to say that is one hell of an idea, I can just imagine it now and the hilly part of Myriad would be a perfect place.

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 08:50 AM Edited by Ekamentus, 21 February 2004 - 08:51 AM.

QUOTE (illspirit @ Feb 20 2004, 23:36)
@ Xyzar - Oh yea, bikers would be easy enough, seeing as there's already models for them. Only instead of them being mostly useless as they were in VC, we could have them riding all over town fighting with other gangs. Hmmm, speaking of bikers, a mission where you had to ride up in a bike convoy/parade and have a rolling shootout with the leader would be rather interesting...

@ Ekamentus - Eh? You mean the Yakuza?  dontgetit.gif

Not that, but a sort of that, Maybe that these Japanese ride in the SpyCar of DieselGT.

Its Just a Suggestion sigh.gif

Star_Enterprise
  • Star_Enterprise

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 09:45 AM

dontgetit.gif sorry dontgetit.gif

i wasent angry suicidal.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:18 AM

QUOTE (gansta_killa @ Feb 21 2004, 08:16)
A punk gang sounds cool. A football gang sounds cool as well. How about since the topic is based at gtaforums, why don't we include gangs from here?
Like: The Firm - football gang
Cfm, LFM, Amf, - mafia style familys
The preicent - cop type of gang.

*cough*Genovese*cough*

Well, I would have thought the GTAForums gangs would have been an obvious choice. I would love to see them. I'm making the Diamond Club, that's right, the Genovese Family Front. So, I'll have to say the GTAForums mafia gangs would be the best. Genovese, Andolini, Leone and Corleone.
Although, we need some rival gang stuff. So, I don't know. But, I'm thinking the GTAForums gangs would be the best choice, and the most fun.

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:24 AM

It would be the best choice. Opps did I forget genovese, can't forget them can we?

I like the gtaforum gang idea, since this seems to be a gtaforum project. It would be cool to include the gangs from gtaforums.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:27 AM Edited by Snow Racer, 21 February 2004 - 12:47 PM.

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Feb 21 2004, 10:50)
Maybe that these Japanese ride in the SpyCar of DieselGT.

lol haha ha

spycar on the street?
very good idea

no...

I think that we need more punks with that stupid hair

::Edit::

and Russian mafia

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:28 AM Edited by GT-1, 21 February 2004 - 02:17 PM.

Yeah GTAForums gangs, does sound like a good idea. Like someone said it is a community map project from the forums.

X-fix
  • X-fix

Lifes in a box

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 11:56 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Feb 21 2004, 11:27)
I think that we need more punks withat that stupid hair

How do you get and pic of my ?????

That skin for the Hooligan gang ??? rolleyes.gif

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:27 PM Edited by Xyzar, 21 February 2004 - 12:33 PM.

a japanese gang would have to drive somthing like a Toyuto Supro biggrin.gif

@ GT-1 - Don't know if we could actually call them Zaibatsu, as R* probably have the name trademarked or something.  If they do mind, we can always make something similar.

Baizatsu? biggrin.gif

@ Star_Enterprise - Sheesh, calm down man, I'm what most might consider 'punk' too. The concept is based mainly on some of the punk gangs in NYC and San Fran- or, more specificly, the squatter punk gangs in the Bay Area which brought us such bands as Filth or, hell, even Rancid before they were big sellouts. wink.gif

Filth? as in Cradle? ghehe smile.gif maybe we should add some goth/punky gang smile.gif
That'd be my favourite gang since i am sort of goth smile.gif
(hmm... would it me moral to add a satanic ritual to the game? *lol*)

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:37 PM

QUOTE (Xyzar @ Feb 21 2004, 12:27)
@ GT-1 - Don't know if we could actually call them Zaibatsu, as R* probably have the name trademarked or something.  If they do mind, we can always make something similar.

Baizatsu? biggrin.gif

Not Baizatsu. If we create them they should be called Maibatsu then they could drive the Maibatsu Thunder like on the Radio Station, actually they might have copyright just a suggestion. smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 01:16 PM

Like RK said, a street gang. Maybe called the $$H? With a man named OBrein as the leader. inlove.gif

commando
  • commando

Hustler

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 February 2004 - 02:12 PM

How about a Jamaican gang or very rich gang.
Well i think the Jamaicans are good for the weed farm.
And they will say "This is good sh*t man"

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 February 2004 - 04:01 PM Edited by GT-1, 21 February 2004 - 05:15 PM.

QUOTE (die_Catalina_die @ Feb 21 2004, 00:01)
Heeey, I've been waiting for a thread like this! biggrin.gif  Since we have all these mafia and corporate gangs, how about we get down n dirty, and have a caribbean themed gang? Me being from the caribbean, I know what it's like to be poor, and what it's like to live amongst little gangs etc. I could think of lots of locales, secret places and what this area will look like overall.

although I lived in New York, Brooklyn for a large part of my small life. Don't make people shout racism in missions or anything. I had probelms with racism. It creates wars if ya tell someone., confused.gif I know you won't but I thoght I would say.
QUOTE (commando)
Jamaican gang

Read back at die_catalina_die's post, I think you missed it. biggrin.gif
QUOTE (commando)
very rich gang.

A few people have commented on this also tounge2.gif the Zaibatsu is counted as a rich gang I guess.

If this post looks strange it has been edited so many times. biggrin.gif

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 21 February 2004 - 05:19 PM

@ anyone who cares- Sent an e-mail off to R* asking if they'd mind us using Zaibatsu. They might not care, but then, after the SanAndreas/SanAngelas thing, it's probably best to ask. Doubt they'll answer until next week, if at all. If all else fails, maybe we could call the corporate gang Enclon as a spoof of Enron and ImClone...

@ DcD- Yea, a Caribbean gang of some sort would be nice. We just have to be careful that we name them in a generic manner so as not to piss off a whole country and have them sue us. tounge.gif

@ gta3freak_2001 - Well, I'd imagine the punk gang would also be on ground level at times. How else would they go about randomly fighting with other gangs?

@ gta3freak_2001, Dalpura, et al regarding GTAF gangs - Hmmm, could that even work? I duno if we could fit all 7 official gangs as fully functional in-game gangs. And if we did, we'd end up with 3 mafias. If not, who do we pick? And what would The Scorpions be exactly? And, as with Zaibatsu, it might be legally tricky using $$H and LM in a mod. And how many official gang members besides the ones in this topic (and Opius) ever even participate in modding to begin with?

@ Xyzar - No 'Cradle of', just plain Filth. They're punk as fu*k, but with more soungs about guns, drugs, and killing cops then NWA. wink.gif

Dalpura
  • Dalpura

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Feb 22 2004, 04:19)
@Dalpura, et al regarding GTAF gangs - Hmmm, could that even work? I duno if we could fit all 7 official gangs as fully functional in-game gangs. And if we did, we'd end up with 3 mafias. If not, who do we pick? And what would The Scorpions be exactly? And, as with Zaibatsu, it might be legally tricky using $$H and LM in a mod. And how many official gang members besides the ones in this topic (and Opius) ever even participate in modding to begin with?

I fully understand the issues regarding the $$H and LM, and I do not believe they should be used, purely because they are in GTAIII.
Ofcoarse we would have to have the Genovese Family, lol. We could semi merge the three mafia families into one, or have them as crews of a larger, up north family, something like that. A vote perhaps?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users