» «
Photo

[REL/FINAL?] Illcom_c3_r8

31 replies to this topic
chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:45 PM Edited by chickenplucker, 26 February 2004 - 02:09 PM.

Small update:Fed 25
Lowered col file poly count by 500
Deleted alot of the generic stuff (should help stop game chugging)
Lowered the garage inside drawdistance.

All right, heres my first lot. It has a International Harvvestor dealer and a medium sized generic commercial building with attached garage. The garage and dealership have intioruirs. This lot needs no col editing to get it in game, just add the 3lines to your dat file and the dffs/txd to img and your ready to rock! tounge.gif

Download
Just scroll down the list and you'll find it.

As long as your at gtawip, why not post somthing in the forums? Its fun for the whole family and is better than brushing your teeth!! (yeah I'll shut up now, lol)

Pics
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Heres a compare picture of what 2dfx lighting will due to fight that evil zmodeler dark models. Twin V8 powered moped, feel the road rash lol.

user posted image
http://gtawip.com/ma...moped.sized.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
user posted image
These are the same pics I used in the PPT, but not much has changed. Just added some 2dfx stuff and proper LODs. Things that could still be done but might not be...
Better col files
Some cullzones
Some mission script stuff

Well anyways, there ya go. One more lot to play around with rah.gif

Ozzy Osbourne
  • Ozzy Osbourne

Uncontrollable

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 08:51 PM

nice one dude. real cool. Installing now.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 18 February 2004 - 09:09 PM

Good job chicken!

saving...opening...instaling

toastie
  • toastie

Freelance

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

Excellent work intsalling now biggrin.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:37 AM

Hey that's pretty good, I'll install her right away smile.gif

Myriad is getting more developed before my eyes. biggrin.gif

toastie
  • toastie

Freelance

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 01:56 AM

Very nice cp i like around the back, cheeky little flatbank lots of fun on pcj

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:01 AM

its about time another lot was released for myriad, i was getting impatient biggrin.gif ill give you my thoughts after i install and play it

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:33 AM

Very nice! Looks great, and is hella-easy to install... although around the back where the repair-shop thing is, one of the objects is untextured. And yes, I placed the .txd after the .dff files.

But definately a great lot... keep it up! cookie.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:40 AM

Yes, another lot to download. From the pictures like i've already saud in the PPT it looks great, downloading now!!!!!!!!!

Keep up the great work mate. rah.gif

Xyzar
  • Xyzar

Using up space and oxygen since 1986

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:45 AM

i installed it and i have to say: It's great smile.gif very nice, lot's of details, nice amount of trash outside wink.gif The showroom itself is just a it empty tounge.gif you should put some cars in it smile.gif
(is it possible to place a damaged car in the workshop?)

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:22 AM

I have installed it and played it and I have found one thing, there is a very small garage with nothing in, and you go in and turn around and parts of the walls are missing from the front.
It does need some parked cars its very empty, Im not sure who would do this Barton can maybe help. colgate.gif

What was that about the glass is smashes as normal for me, into pieces.

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for all the comments guys. rah.gif

Hey Sillyhed2000, what object wasn't textured?

Yeah the inside of the dealership is pretty empty, I might make some desks or somthing to put in there later. But I was planning on parking a scout in there. But I suck at car modeling, If anyone wants to make a Scout let me know. I have gobs of info and pics on em. And there kind of boxy, so it shouldn't be to hard. I made a mesh for one but "lost it" .All I have left is this picture cryani.gif .
user posted image

Yeah I forgot about that texture bug GT-1, I'll try to fix that. That glass does smash as normal for you? The side windows should be fine, but I can't get the front ones to work right. They just kind of fall out after you hit them, oh and for some reson you can't see all of Odies towers through them, or cars you might have parked in the dealership. Some wierd stuff Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

Theres a col file bug that I found but I'm not saying where its at, but its kind of cool so I might leave it there. rah.gif
Thanks again for all the comments

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 February 2004 - 06:53 PM Edited by caponester, 19 February 2004 - 06:53 PM.

The col bug you mention i found straight away in the beta you gave me.It's not that noticeable though and is kinda cool so i say leave it in.Nice lot btw

Diesel
  • Diesel

Getaway Driver

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (chickenplucker @ Feb 19 2004, 15:35)
Yeah the inside of the dealership is pretty empty, I might make some desks or somthing to put in there later. But I was planning on parking a scout in there. But I suck at car modeling, If anyone wants to make a Scout let me know. I have gobs of info and pics on em. And there kind of boxy, so it shouldn't be to hard. I made a mesh for one but "lost it" .All I have left is this picture cryani.gif

Hey, grab me over MSN or something, I can add it to the list. I need some more average, everyday cars to make anyway. colgate.gif

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:45 PM Edited by spaceeinstein, 21 November 2004 - 04:03 PM.

---

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 07:31 AM

user posted image

Dunno if this is just my install, or what. I've also been expiriences random crashes after about half an hour of playing... it's nothing to do with a screwed up install, I'm sure.

illspirit
  • illspirit

lycanthroplasty

• None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:01 PM

Nice job ChickenPlucker! I jsut installed the lot, and everthing looks great. The little access ramp bit on the front of the brick office tower makes for some good bike tricks as well. smile.gif

The only real problem I had with the lot was my framerate got a little chuggy behind the buildings arouund all the props. I dunno if it's just too many objects in too close a proximity to Odie's lots or what. If noone else is having problems, then, erm, it's not a problem. But if they are, maybe a slight decrease in the generic objects might be in order? Exellent work in any case.

@ Sillyhed2k - I take it the white wastebin is the problem there? Hmmm, perhaps you somehow deleted the txd for it while getting rid of the old city? Search your gta3.img and make sure you have a metal.txd in there.

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:16 PM

Sounds great DieselGT! I made that island and this dealership just for a scout biggrin.gif . I only have yahoo instant messenger though, is there another way I could reach you? I think I might have made a copy of that wiremesh on a CD, but I can't find it. I'll keep looking though. Thanks a ton for offering to add this on your list biggrin.gif .

Thanks for pointing out the chunky frame rates Illspirit, when I get this updated with cullzones I'll delete of a few of those pallets and lower the view distance on the garages inside. Maybe that will smooth things out. rah.gif

Intake
  • Intake

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Sillyhed2000 @ Feb 20 2004, 07:31)
user posted image

yeah, I get that untextured thing too... also it appears a bunch of textures are only 1 sided... If I get some time later I may take some screenshots to show you what I'm talking about

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

• Members

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:05 AM

Yeah, I have metal.txd all right. I really don't know what's happening here dozingoff.gif

Yeah, I got that chugging as well, but I wasn't gonna mention it... I thought it was just my computer acting up again sneaky2.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (Sillyhed2000 @ Feb 21 2004, 02:05)
Yeah, I have metal.txd all right. I really don't know what's happening here dozingoff.gif

Yeah, I got that chugging as well, but I wasn't gonna mention it... I thought it was just my computer acting up again sneaky2.gif

metal.txd must be at the bottom of img

or try extract to folder and add again

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 February 2004 - 12:40 AM

i just instaled it after reinstalling myriad because i screwed it up smile.gif anyway your lot is pretty damn good, lots of detail too. the dealership is lacking though. good job

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 22 February 2004 - 10:10 PM

illcom_c3_r8 - this was my lot! i reserved this lot! i dont know why i lost it, probably because i didn't bother with it for ages but you have done a good job on it! probably alot better than what i would have ended up with colgate.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:12 PM

Crap! I thought that lot was empty. I think the lot map didn't get updated or somthing. Sorry about that. If you want I could move this to another lot, thats hopfully unowned biggrin.gif .

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:25 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 25 February 2004 - 04:25 PM.

I just tried it. Doesn't run very fast on low end systems. Low frame rates. I updated my bwinstaller with an install script for this lot. What codes do you want ?

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 05:03 PM

Barton, you are so great! And CP, you are also great!
I'm enyoing your lot smile.gif

Monitor57
  • Monitor57

LC - II Designer

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

illspirit is making another 2 island right? u can keep the lot, i will probably make a housing estate on a hill or smotheing so that u get lotsa boucanies! blink.gif

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:46 AM

Tried it, but to no avil. Still as textureless as always.

Any other ideas? sad.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:21 PM

Little file update, see top of first page, and I added a new pic of the garage lighting.

@Sillyhed2000

Yup, just deleted it from the ipl file when I updated this today. No more goofy white boxes Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

@Barton

Wow thanks for the install script biggrin.gif . I was wondering how I was going to make on of them. I'm not sure what all code you could put here, the delership could use a truck like the rancher in it, and maybe a bobcat parked there some where. Could you make the garage like DieselGT's garage? If you think too many save points are bad and don't want another one thats cool. As far as anything else, Barton, just have fun with it and do what ever you want rah.gif
Thanks again Barton! biggrin.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 February 2004 - 02:31 PM

I see that you made an update, but where do you download it from. I checked the first post and clicked on the link and the download at the bottom says it was released 1 week ago, or have I missed something.

Can you post the direct link to the download please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users