Bugs, Glitches & Other Problems

141 replies to this topic
Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:17 PM

You didn`t understand my previous post did you? sigh.gif
My game loads fine and shows the names but when I step into the mod shop pink ring thing the game locksup/crashes

user posted image

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Use a different GXT Editor.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:02 PM

To be fair erm this topic is for the bugs and glitches of Myriad Islands and imo it would be best for Barton to add the car names to the game but try an different gxt editor.
I updated the cars thread well a few anyway maybe he would be kind enough to add them into the next mission script released. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 07:54 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 28 2004, 20:02)
To be fair erm this topic is for the bugs and glitches of Myriad Islands and imo it would be best for Barton to add the car names to the game but try an different gxt editor.
I updated the cars thread well a few anyway maybe he would be kind enough to add them into the next mission script released. smile.gif

I don't have any custom cars installed yet. Stability reasons (believe it or not). So I need a list of what cars get replaced by what to update the american.gxt. Like old name -> new name. Also, if the names are longer, maby the game don't like it. Who knows.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:03 PM

I updated the first post in the vehicle thread this gives the name of the VC car and then the name that the car wants to be changed to. I dont think any of the car names are long though im not postitve.

Thanks Barton smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 28 April 2004 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 28 2004, 21:03)
I updated the first post in the vehicle thread this gives the name of the VC car and then the name that the car wants to be changed to. I dont think any of the car names are long though im not postitve.

Thanks Barton smile.gif

embarrasing blush.gif there they are, all the names. blush.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 29 April 2004 - 07:17 PM

I think this topic deserves a pin. Its been too long.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 May 2004 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Apr 28 2004, 20:08)
QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 28 2004, 21:03)

Thanks Barton smile.gif

embarrasing blush.gif there they are, all the names. blush.gif

@ Barton I added some more cars to the list and its all up to date now, so there will be some more car names that would need to be changed for a future release. smile.gif

Anyway I finally found the dowload link for the street lightin and I added it to the downloads list becareful though you need to up the streaming memory with the limit adjustor because sometimes your game will crash because there are so many lights.
Anyway some of the lighting is a problem on SadMac's lot they are on top of tha building. confused.gif

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 May 2004 - 11:55 PM

I'm getting lockups when starting the Limo and Water Patrol missions. Thought I'd let you know Barton.

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 02 May 2004 - 12:11 AM

The door to Illco STILL doesn't open on the run for the party mission. am I alone?

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 02 May 2004 - 06:37 AM

My Paramedic Mission doesn`t start when I press the sub-mission key.

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ May 2 2004, 07:37)
My Paramedic Mission doesn`t start when I press the sub-mission key.

Do you have the latest mission script installed ? What CPU and gfx card do you have ? If you reinstalled recently, you need to reinstall the mission script and american.gxt too. Do you have this line
CODE
DEFINE MISSION 11 AT ££Paramedic
in your 'Full Source.txt' file ? Do you have a 'Full Source.txt' file ? How big is your 'main.scm' file in your myriad data directory ? What's the file date ? Am I helpful now ?

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:20 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 03 May 2004 - 03:23 PM.

Do you have the latest mission script installed ?

yes
Do you have this line
CODE
DEFINE MISSION 11 AT ££Paramedic
in your 'Full Source.txt' file ? Do you have a 'Full Source.txt' file

no i don`t have that file, and where do i put it, it doesnt say in your readme ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:19 PM

uh, you should be inside the ambulance when you press the sub-mission key. If you're inside the police car, you start the extended patrol mission (that gets activated when you play the patrol mission long enough).

I'm sure that didn't help. whatsthat.gif

Maby you pressed the wrong key ? lol.gif (sorry 'bout the lol)

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 03 May 2004 - 05:26 PM

W8 what about the "Fullsource.txt" what do I do with it and where do I put it.?

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 May 2004 - 06:26 PM

The full source is the deompiled main.scm so you don't need to put it anywhere, right?

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:38 AM

Just thought I would let everyone know that when I released my apartment building ( the one with the pool in the back) that I have the LOD not centered correctly.

I will fix this simple error ASAP.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:33 PM

I recently found a strange error with my game, I did have the lot by Snow Racer installed by itself and then everytime I attempt to install the rkland (Redkiller's hotel) I end up with Snow Racers skyscraper with the blue interior on that lot next to ODIE's where the rkland is supped to go.

Before you say I installed the wrong textures I didnt because I uninstalled the game restatreted and used the same zip file that was extracted and installed rkland and it worked fine then I try to install the Skyscrapers by Snow Racer and I get a problem where to .ide lines collide I think.

A strange problem that I noticed I always get.

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ May 13 2004, 18:33)
I recently found a strange error with my game, I did have the lot by Snow Racer installed by itself and then everytime I attempt to install the rkland (Redkiller's hotel) I end up with Snow Racers skyscraper with the blue interior on that lot next to ODIE's where the rkland is supped to go.

Before you say I installed the wrong textures I didnt because I uninstalled the game restatreted and used the same zip file that was extracted and installed rkland and it worked fine then I try to install the Skyscrapers by Snow Racer and I get a problem where to .ide lines collide I think.

A strange problem that I noticed I always get.

Gt 1 i guess your not exactly hot on the modding side of things in Myriad? this is caused by RK's hotel using snowracers object id's or the other way around.Whateva lot/s you have installed first the other one will simply use the existing id's.... meaning this can be fixed by giving the lot your having trouble with new object id's such as 4400 - 4409 etc

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:38 PM

Yeah I never really thought of lookin into that, my thouths were that as they are so far away they would not be a prob which I was wrong about, hehe.

I checked other things this just slipped my mind for tha reason.

Ill leave the modding to the experts. smile.gif

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

okie,1-there is no tex on the stairs down to the caves on opius's lot,and yes the .txd is after the .dffs-2-there are no tex's on TRN's lot/not the part with the tent but the part with the pay and spray[only parts of the grass show] and yes the .txd is at the end for this one too-and 3-i have the newest mission script and and even on new installs of vice to Myriad is a cop hits me (i think only with the baton)my game crashes

anyone else have any of these?solutions?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 31 May 2004 - 06:43 PM

1. Opius' lot is a BETA version and the problems are known and will be changed and put right for the FINAL.
2. TRN's autoyard is also a BETA but I have no had these problem, did you re-build the archive after installing. If you used Bartons installer they should be ok. But its a BETA so things will be put right im sure in the FINAL a screenshot would be helpful for the modler. smile.gif
3. No clue as to why that is happening. It dont happen in VC right?

GT-1

Y.T.
  • Y.T.

f*ck power

• Members

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:10 PM Edited by Y.T., 31 May 2004 - 08:04 PM.

1. just checking because its the only tex missing
2.edit-sry the img thingy i use or just registered for wont let a direct link so if you want to see the pics got to-picy place
3.no its fine in vice it just happens in Myriad

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 01 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

Im sure I have a texture on TRN's lot in my game try searching for the textures in the zip in the img file othewise im not sure on the problem unless I have th same thing.

Have you installed the weapons for Myriad yet this might be a cause of the police thing?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 June 2004 - 03:53 PM

Ok, tday ive started to test the files to see why the game is just randomly crashing and I cam across something which I had thought was caused by something else. When you start the game you are facing the ODIE Skyline right. If you spin around very quickly so you would facing the smaller island or the bridge the game crashes wel for me it does anyway. I hav had this happen for quite a while so it was known to me, so I decided to start a new Myriad I installed the Scrap Yard no problems the game never crashes. I then installed the Berlin Demo with no crashes at all and I tried the spinning thing at the start and the game did never crash. Next I installed the Skyline by ODIE tried this at the start and my game crashed first time, I tried it again by startinga new game and it crashed again. I dont understand why because by the time it crashes I am facing the bridge which I had no yet installed I just have the original one still. So the game crashes when facing away from the ODIE Skyline not facing it like it would usually do so.

I need for someone else to try this out so we can try and sort out this. It doesnt matter which lots you have installed as long as this is one of them.

Start a new game, grab the mouse and spin round as fast as you can facing the bridge to the smaller island, if it crashes we have a problem I guess if not im lost.

Your settings must not be changed with the limit adjustor this should not be needed to test this.

This is the first crashing thing I noticed no other ones to report atm.

Thanks GT-1

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:18 PM

I get that crash if I spin too quickly facing the Fony lot< it`s the main Crasher,

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jun 3 2004, 17:18)
I get that crash if I spin too quickly facing the Fony lot< it`s the main Crasher,

Thanks so that lot has a problem which im not sure of but it does have a problem. I tested it by itself and it still crashes im not sure of the problem atm though. mad.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 June 2004 - 05:31 PM

Crashes here, crashes there...it's happens everywere...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 03 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

Bit of a stupid question but is anyone up for testing the files that can be d/l so far. This only means installing a lot driving round flying round, just appraching fast and spinning camera round I dont know trying to get the game to crash in anyway possible, if you find that the lot is ok, install another one and try with that, or report any major bugs that stand out.

Stupid yes, but testing needs tobe done with the files in order for Myriad Isalnds to get anywhere. Anyone up for it, its not hard at all getting the problems out of Myriad.

Its all helpful.

GT-1

So far ODIE's Skyline is on the list of problem lots.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:09 AM

half the time i cnt play Myriad for more than 5 minutes without hearing the Ding of Death™. And I have no clue wy it does it, and im pissed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users