Photo

Bugs, Glitches & Other Problems

141 replies to this topic
Walter
  • Walter

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 March 2004 - 05:13 PM

In the docks area with the warehouses, if I fire at the explodable grating on top of the warhouse with the machinegun mounted on the hunter the game crashes everytime.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 06:30 PM

this picture speaks for itself.....
user posted image

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 26 March 2004 - 07:17 PM

Will these bugs be fixed, because like illspirit said they should be fixed really before the BETA release of the finished lots that Decay is doing. smile.gif
@ caponster, I noticed in alot of your screenshots you have lighting on the roads, lamps overhanging keeping the lighting over th roards, is there a download for this or are you just testing. colgate.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2004 - 07:21 PM

cerbera released a lighting pack for myriad a while back sry i duont have the link.... try downloads topic

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 26 March 2004 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Mar 26 2004, 13:30)
this picture speaks for itself.....
user posted image

I believe I forgot to include a GXT edit with that update mad.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 30 March 2004 - 09:13 AM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 30 March 2004 - 09:33 AM.

I really don't see any point in posting stuff related to the mission script in this topic because:
- the mission script is constantly getting updated.
- since the mission script is constantly getting updated, it will always have bugs and it will never be complete.
- since the mission script is constantly getting updated, since it will always have bugs and never be complete, codes that aren't done yet (like this cinema code) will always look weird. It's just logic.
- when you see a sphere on an empty lot, the logic reason is you didn't install the lot.
- if you see other stuff floating about and you didn't install the lot where the stuff is, the logic reason is (as already mentioned) you didn't install the lot.
- if your game crash, it could be the script, but it usually isn't, because the script is right now (in it's unfinished state) "lot independent".
- if you see a text that is wrong, it's usually because you didn't install the GXT file. I know this because the GXT is released with the script. If I fail to include the latest GXT with the script, the logic rule is it will get updated later, because as I've already said:
- since the mission script is constantly getting updated, since it will always have bugs and never be complete, codes that aren't done yet (like this cinema code) will always look weird. It's just logic.

Easy translation: Don't worry about stuff that hasn't been completed yet. Worry about weird stuff that nobody cares about, like work with a "final" mark in it that won't EVER get fixed because the author just don't care about it.

SteveM
  • SteveM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 31 March 2004 - 08:19 PM

i think this is the right topic and if it isnt kill me. but after about 5 minutes of gameplay my game becomes super laggy. all of a sudden small things like bushes or street lights are coming in and out of sight. i played with the limit adjuster but it made no difference. so maybe someone can help sad.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2004 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (SteveM @ Mar 31 2004, 20:19)
i think this is the right topic and if it isnt kill me. but after about 5 minutes of gameplay my game becomes super laggy. all of a sudden small things like bushes or street lights are coming in and out of sight. i played with the limit adjuster but it made no difference. so maybe someone can help sad.gif

well my game doesnt become laggy but my game does not for example keeps the buildings in lod form and doesnt load the roads and lots etc if i play for a while.I have the following things installed

-odies berlin demo
-odies myriad skyline
-bunker
-poilice station
-fire station
-n ron buildings
-cp car garage,delaership etc lot
-park
-scrapyards/docks
-new bridge
-trn4l's dealership
-cerberas lighting
-sadistic machines lot/s
-world com skyscraper
-appartment building

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:47 AM

QUOTE (caponester @ Apr 1 2004, 20:42)
QUOTE (SteveM @ Mar 31 2004, 20:19)

well my game doesnt become laggy but my game does not for example keeps the buildings in lod form and doesnt load the roads and lots etc if i play for a while.I have the following things installed

-odies berlin demo
-odies myriad skyline
-bunker
-poilice station
-fire station
-n ron buildings
-cp car garage,delaership etc lot
-park
-scrapyards/docks
-new bridge
-trn4l's dealership
-cerberas lighting
-sadistic machines lot/s
-world com skyscraper
-appartment building

Sounds more like a faulty install than a glitch. Like you should post in the help topic instead.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2004 - 04:44 PM

well it is not a fauly install and the more lots i install for myriad the worse this problem gets... Maybe if i use the vice limit adjuster it will help? this is an example of what it looks like... anyone else get this or similar?
user posted image

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:21 PM

I get a crash every time if i approach this are too quickly or just explore in this part:
user posted image

Edit:
user posted image
also when I approach this cinema with that pink marker
(3 meters from it atleast) i get a crash

howdy

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

This may have already been posted but when you get in a skimmer or use a fying cheat and you press the left/right button it kinda 'resets' the height so you go straight forward and not carry on going up and left/right. This also happens when you do flip stunts on a motorbike.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:48 PM

It's just not only you , everybody gets crashes everywhere...
We just don't know what is causing the game to crash...
It could be the high poly objects that are too heavy for the game to handle...

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:49 PM

i agrre, cause odies berlin demo is on the right and it aint that low poly sarcasm.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 04:52 PM

Yup , well i'm trying to find out who's lot is causing the game to crash...
It's hard too find out , but i won't give up smile.gif ...

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 05 April 2004 - 05:06 PM

its either the berlin demo (cause even when i approacit from the docks tto fast the game goes !@%#@$#@ on me)
or its the skyline (the interiors should be separated from the exterior world).

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Apr 5 2004, 11:21)
I get a crash every time if i approach this are too quickly or just explore in this part:
user posted image

Edit:
user posted image
also when I approach this cinema with that pink marker
(3 meters from it atleast) i get a crash

howdy

I addressed this. The text was supposed to say something else, and the change will be included later. The crash? I dunno.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:35 PM

I dont even have a pink marker there. turn.gif

Anyway my game never seems to crash anymore, the more lots I have installed the less the game crashes.

Strange. alien.gif

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:36 PM

well i get crashes almost everywhere and they all appear to be random.However i have noticed where the game crashes most often.

1.If you start a new game and then turn around quickly to face the bridge when at odies skyline the game will crash
2.When loading a saved game if you spin round quickly before the docks lod has loaded it crashes
3.If you approach the fire station to quickly it crashes
4.If you zoom towards the "fony" building on a bike it crashes.

These are just some that usualy always crash but there are many more random crashes.The best way i found to avoid them is to approach lots slowly. suicidal.gif

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 5 2004, 16:35)
I dont even have a pink marker there. turn.gif

Anyway my game never seems to crash anymore, the more lots I have installed the less the game crashes.

Strange. alien.gif

You have to show up some time 30 minutes (30 seconds in game time) before one of the films is set to start. Look at the schedule above the theatre.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Apr 5 2004, 21:41)
You have to show up some time 30 minutes (30 seconds in game time) before one of the films is set to start. Look at the schedule above the theatre.

So what your saying is that barton left the pink marker there so you could what?

- watch the film?
-go inside the cinema?
-both?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:55 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Apr 5 2004, 16:51)
QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Apr 5 2004, 21:41)

So what your saying is that barton left the pink marker there so you could what?

- watch the film?
-go inside the cinema?
-both?

Ok, here's how the cinema theoretically works:

*30 minutes before the film starts, the pink marker appears.

*Stepping into the pink marker deducts $8 from your wallet, and shows you the cutscene of the inside of the theatre, where you see the film.

*After the film is over, you're dropped back on the street.

*The third film (1337) drops you back on the street immediately, appologizes for the quality of the film, and refunds your money.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:56 PM

cool! so you wont be able to walk about inside the cinema? thats probably for the best coz the col file for inside would be big.Has barton got all this code to work yet?

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 05 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (caponester @ Apr 5 2004, 16:56)
cool! so you wont be able to walk about inside the cinema? thats probably for the best coz the col file for inside would be big.Has barton got all this code to work yet?

No, no free roaming. I'm coding it myself and sending it in snippets to barton. Right now, I know how to do it, but we need sounds.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:14 PM

When I edit "american.gxt" by changing the "sentinel xs" to "brabust v12" and "stinger" to "shelden boa" lines and then go to the mod shop I get a crash. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2004 - 05:55 PM

I've used bwinstaller for all lots so far except from opius's recent lot and installing the cars into myriad and my game crashes constantly.I mean like speed round a corner and the game crashes.....

Gforce
  • Gforce

"Segregate and Rearrange" "The Hills"

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (jock_mason @ Apr 27 2004, 17:55)
I've used bwinstaller for all lots so far except from opius's recent lot and installing the cars into myriad and my game crashes constantly.I mean like speed round a corner and the game crashes.....

have you tried using VC limit adjuster from steve m? to up the streaming memory to around 80+ and you should be fine, also try lowering the draw distance in the games options or switching into 16bit graphics mode ...........

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 27 April 2004 - 06:52 PM

Upping the streaming memory does help in some but not all cases, also I have noticed my game never crashes in game but crashes and the outro screen sometimes. sad.gif

jock_mason
  • jock_mason

Shexy

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Apr 27 2004, 18:52)
Upping the streaming memory does help in some but not all cases, also I have noticed my game never crashes in game but crashes and the outro screen sometimes. sad.gif

this happened to me a few times also. sneaky2.gif

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:49 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Apr 27 2004, 12:14)
When I edit "american.gxt" by changing the "sentinel xs" to "brabust v12" and "stinger" to "shelden boa" lines and then go to the mod shop I get a crash. suicidal.gif suicidal.gif

I hope you're not using the Rename button in the GXT Editor! tounge2.gif
Rename applies to the Keys window above it, not the text window below.

When you want to change the name of something onscreen, you want to edit the text in the bottom window.

If you change the name in the Keys window and use Rename, you have then renamed the key, and not the string of text it contains. So, if you renamed the key STINGER to SHELDEN BOA, every time the game loads the Boa model, it tries to call STINGER and crashes because STINGER is no longer there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users