Photo

Bugs, Glitches & Other Problems

141 replies to this topic
JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Mar 1 2004, 02:34)
If it's possible to script that jumbo, I will, but I don't think it is. Anyway, funny stuff. colgate.gif dozingoff.gif

Do you know what controls the jumbo. This has been happening for about a month now. I think other vice city installs do this too. I will check..

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 02 March 2004 - 07:44 PM

data/paths/flight.dat controls the jumbo jets path.

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 03 March 2004 - 06:41 PM

For all the crashing problems:

Instead of doing the tedious tasks of installing/uninstalling/guessing/cursing/worse to pinpoint the problems, use iidle's VC Debug Tool (vcdbg.asi) with Sysinternals' DebugView (follow the links).
Just install DebugView, drop the vcdbg.asi in the same folder as gta-vc.exe, start DebugView (all you have to do is open it and leave the window open, you don't have to set up anything special), and run the game. As the game runs, it pumps out all kinds of debug messages, and vcdbg captures them and sends them to DebugView.
When the game crashes, just 'ESC' twice (once to kill the VC process, once to ignore Micro$oft) and take a look at log DebugView shows you. The last thing on the list is where the game hangs. The debug messages are extremely informative, telling you what models, IDE's, IPL's COL's, etc. are being loaded and executed as the game runs.

You won't regret installing it.

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:13 PM

QUOTE (ghost of delete key @ Mar 3 2004, 12:41)
For all the crashing problems:

Instead of doing the tedious tasks of installing/uninstalling/guessing/cursing/worse to pinpoint the problems, use iidle's VC Debug Tool (vcdbg.asi) with Sysinternals' DebugView (follow the links).
Just install DebugView, drop the vcdbg.asi in the same folder as gta-vc.exe, start DebugView (all you have to do is open it and leave the window open, you don't have to set up anything special), and run the game. As the game runs, it pumps out all kinds of debug messages, and vcdbg captures them and sends them to DebugView.
When the game crashes, just 'ESC' twice (once to kill the VC process, once to ignore Micro$oft) and take a look at log DebugView shows you. The last thing on the list is where the game hangs. The debug messages are extremely informative, telling you what models, IDE's, IPL's COL's, etc. are being loaded and executed as the game runs.

You won't regret installing it.

confused.gif
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

Well now doesn't that just suck?

ghost of delete key
  • ghost of delete key

ಠ_ಠ ... otter ...

• The Connection

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:04 AM

Try again, it worked when I posted the link, and it worked just now as I post this dontgetit.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:41 PM Edited by Barton Waterduck, 04 March 2004 - 08:28 PM.

Wow, useful. cookie.gif

edit: Typical, I installed every single mod for Myriad and that damn thing refuses to crash.
All I get are messages about some secondary DS buffer. blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:44 PM

Does everyone want to install this or what? blush.gif I dont really understand all of the information, but does this stop the game crashing and allow one to carry on, or does it stop the game and just record the crash data. If it makes the game stop crashing and you can carry on downloading it, thats a great kit. smile.gif

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 4 2004, 15:44)
I dont really understand all of the information, but does this stop the game crashing and allow one to carry on, or does it stop the game and just record the crash data. If it makes the game stop crashing and you can carry on downloading it, thats a great kit. smile.gif

The last thing on the list is where the game hangs. The debug messages are extremely informative, telling you what models, IDE's, IPL's COL's, etc. are being loaded and executed as the game runs.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:23 PM Edited by Ryan_, 06 March 2004 - 01:58 AM.

Well, I think I have a bug or a glitch here. Maybe you already know of it. I seem to be able to "warp" using the zoom with either of the sniper rifles. I can get into/on top of buildings as well as go long distances at the drop of a hat.

So mission script glitches, bugs and other things don't belong in this thread?

Or the issue is temporary and/or for testing purposes?

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Mar 5 2004, 21:23)
Well, I think I have a bug or a glitch here. Maybe you already know of it. I seem to be able to "warp" using the zoom with either of the sniper rifles. I can get into/on top of buildings as well as go long distances at the drop of a hat.

thats not a bug

its bartons mission mod

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Mar 5 2004, 21:05)
QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Mar 5 2004, 21:23)

thats not a bug

its bartons mission mod

It's a temporary mod that is part of the coords mod. If you don't need the coords, press your ACTION key to get rid of them. And don't link your zoom key with your ACTION key (I think).

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 08 March 2004 - 02:27 PM

Could that random crash be related to the water dat. file? I copy and pasted my back up of the origanal Vice city over Myraid but forgot to make a back up of the water dat. I don't have any mods in the game and it started crashing on me. Never had it happen before on the standard vice game. Just a thought that crossed my mind, but it might not even be related. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 09 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

user posted image
user posted image
There are two trees, a large one, and a medium sized one, which are going through my walls, please move them a bit south. They are in the northwest corner of c4_r111.

I love the Nron lot, the lower glass jump works perfect with the skatepark in the back. I've been wanting to do a drainage ditch area, and I'd like to make it a nasty oil dump behind Nron on c6_r10. I'll be done with skateshop soon, and I'll be sure to send you an early beta.

The property line we share (i've got c2_r9), you're going over a little, but if you're sticking with that model, I'll just work around it. Also, our line 'tween c4_r111 and c4_r11/c6_r10, there's a grass strip left, if you're happy with the Nron model, I'm going to go over the border a bit and match our models. Let me know what you think.

Tank
  • Tank

Gangsta

• None

Posted 09 March 2004 - 11:55 PM

Haha, now that's comedy. That deserves a star for effort biggrin.gif

Weirdfish
  • Weirdfish

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 12:23 AM

hahaha, a star is born smile.gif Thanks man.

JKidd
  • JKidd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 10:53 AM Edited by JKidd, 10 March 2004 - 10:53 AM.

i get a cras and look in to see what it was and this was the last thing:

CODE
00002326 302.88015432 [3864] Unknown ped type, AddPed, Population.cpp

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 11:02 AM

Tank? In editing? Giving out stars?

Wow.

Hi Tank biggrin.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (JKidd @ Mar 10 2004, 11:53)
i get a cras and look in to see what it was and this was the last thing:

CODE
00002326 302.88015432 [3864] Unknown ped type, AddPed, Population.cpp

uh, maby some zones need to be set up. I think DieselGT is working on that (or somebody else).

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (chickenplucker @ Mar 8 2004, 14:27)
Could that random crash be related to the water dat. file? I copy and pasted my back up of the origanal Vice city over Myraid but forgot to make a back up of the water dat. I don't have any mods in the game and it started crashing on me. Never had it happen before on the standard vice game. Just a thought that crossed my mind, but it might not even be related. Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie.gif

Nahh...not the water.dat , i think it's the .exe , it can't handle higly detailed objects, so it does crash...if you don't want the game to crash, simply open limit adjuster and change the streaming memory to 200...i hope that'll help

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (superb@ll @ Mar 10 2004, 14:43)

Nahh...not the water.dat , i think it's the .exe , it can't handle higly detailed objects, so it does crash...if you don't want the game to crash, simply open limit adjuster and change the streaming memory to 200...i hope that'll help

200 ? That's alot. And remove the bugged up copy protection. ph34r.gif (I didn't say that) nervous.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Mar 10 2004, 13:59)
QUOTE (superb@ll @ Mar 10 2004, 14:43)

200 ? That's alot. And remove the bugged up copy protection. ph34r.gif (I didn't say that) nervous.gif

Yea, i know it's much...dunno about lower than 200...

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 07:45 PM

There, I busted out my chainsaw and pick'em up truck and got that tree line fixed up for ya Wierdfish. Anyone need some firewood?

Pic.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 10 March 2004 - 08:05 PM

LFMOA... biggrin.gif ...good one chicken biggrin.gif ...you deserve a star too

dairyman88
  • dairyman88

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2004 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (chickenplucker @ Mar 10 2004, 19:45)
There, I busted out my chainsaw and pick'em up truck and got that tree line fixed up for ya Wierdfish. Anyone need some firewood?

Pic.

Now that thar's humor.

Bravo

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:12 PM

In MooMapper, why doesn't Odie's skyline show up?

skinmaster
  • skinmaster

modding addict

• Members

Posted 21 March 2004 - 08:41 PM

I think cause they are LOD models, and LODs dont show up in moo mapper

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (spaceeinstein @ Mar 21 2004, 20:12)
In MooMapper, why doesn't Odie's skyline show up?

i thought it was because odie used a certian type of texture format but the lod models things sounds more likely.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 21 March 2004 - 09:17 PM

The answer to that has been answered somewhere else, and I will post it if I can find it.

Anyway the random crashes have stopped for me, for some reason I now have 14 lots installed and my game does'nt crash randomly anymore. There is the odd one every now and then but not all the time they are now rare. smile.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 12:50 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Mar 21 2004, 22:17)
The answer to that has been answered somewhere else, and I will post it if I can find it.

Anyway the random crashes have stopped for me, for some reason I now have 14 lots installed and my game does'nt crash randomly anymore. There is the odd one every now and then but not all the time they are now rare. smile.gif

Maby the script got better ? blush.gif whatsthat.gif ph34r.gif

chickenplucker
  • chickenplucker

Old school

• Members

Posted 22 March 2004 - 01:30 PM

If I remember right, Odie used a certain type of texture format like 8bits, or 16, or 32, I can't remember which. But that type of texture format isn't supported by moomapper. So nothing shows up. Its there, but you can't see anything. Pretty wacked eh? Oh and on an of topic note, I'm working on some signs to added to my one lot where you added that everlasting car garage Barton. Its going to be B.W.'s rust proofing-make your car last forever!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users