Photo

Bugs, Glitches & Other Problems

141 replies to this topic
Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:55 PM

I thought it would be a good idea to have a topic to post bugs and other things that you find in MI.

Such as...

in Lazios Park, on the hot dog, theres a missing texture. and the hot dog has way to many polys.

You can see the police uniform through illy's police stations wall ( from outside in the front)

That's all I can think about right now. So.. yeah.. turn.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 02:52 AM

I am not sure if this would be fitting to post here but its not a help problem but a strange little quirck I experience. When the game finishes loading and I start in front of odie's skyline, if I turn around or look behind the game will crash but if I start running straight ahead and into the illco buildings carpark its fine and I can then drive anywhere in myriad without any crashes or problems. Nothing happens with a blank install of Myriad but as soon as I install any lots I get this strange problem. It doesn't really effect playing the game but it is annoying sometimes. If it sounds more like this should have been posted in the help topic I am sorry as I am not certain what this would come under.

Sillyhed2000
  • Sillyhed2000

Every time you try to small-talk me on MSN I will kill a puppy.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 09:14 AM

Only a tiny prob, but on the smaller island, you can easily see gaps of blue between the road and the grass. Well, I could anyway turn.gif

PHM
  • PHM

Eh, you're talkin' to me?

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (gta3freak_2001 @ Feb 19 2004, 02:52)
I am not sure if this would be fitting to post here but its not a help problem but a strange little quirck I experience. When the game finishes loading and I start in front of odie's skyline, if I turn around or look behind the game will crash but if I start running straight ahead and into the illco buildings carpark its fine and I can then drive anywhere in myriad without any crashes or problems. Nothing happens with a blank install of Myriad but as soon as I install any lots I get this strange problem. It doesn't really effect playing the game but it is annoying sometimes. If it sounds more like this should have been posted in the help topic I am sorry as I am not certain what this would come under.

Yes, I'm having this one too...

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 February 2004 - 10:20 AM

QUOTE (PHM @ Feb 19 2004, 10:16)
QUOTE (gta3freak_2001 @ Feb 19 2004, 02:52)

Yes, I'm having this one too...

There has been a new mission script since then, at least I think I have the newest one. I don't start there anymore I start near the Park by LazioFan.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 11:31 AM

Yep you hit the bullet right on the head, I didn't have the latest mission script, I now start near lazio's park and there is no crashes at all.

LazioFreak
  • LazioFreak

VC Mapper

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 12:21 PM

My park has some texture bugs, many on the ways. ST.MU sent me some pics, so these bugs will be fixed in the next park version. wink.gif
@Decay: Why can't have the hot dog many polys? notify.gif The col is undetailed.

I have bug with the police mission. It isn't so important, but if I have arrested someone and he wants to go through the police department's entrance, he often runs against the door. sigh.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:27 PM

Well here I go, I know most if not all of them will be know of, but I thought I would still post 'em:
1. The game randomly crashes in several places, even more whilst on a mission.
2. There is a floating tree in LazioFreak's Park.
3. People walk all over the road and stop the traffic.
4. Peds are stuck into the sidewalk on the new bridge to the smaller island.
5. Car paths are slightly out now on the new bridge.
6. When doing the mission from the police heli the Hunter you chase/follow always gets stuck on top of Redkillers hotel lot.

There were more but I can't think of what they were, if there are any new updates/fixes for these bugs can someone show me where to get them.

Maybe its the peds that make the game crash because a new car spawns over another one, just a thought.

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 19 February 2004 - 07:56 PM

hmm... ive experimented a bit with that random game crash...
the places where the game crashes: at the beginning at the STeamMUscle sign, at the DieselGT scrapyard (2 places) that's all i think...

the random game crash has nothing to do with the park...i unistalled the park and still crashes...

firstly, everything was running fine...
when i installed DieselGT's lot and the mission script for DieselGT's lot, game crashed for the first time...

hmm.. what do you guys think?

toastie
  • toastie

Freelance

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:13 PM

i also get the same super ball and i thought it might be lazios park but it wasnt!!! also when i go towards the edges of the island it crashs.Hmmm...
ne ideas?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

Have you installed the radar properly? That maybe the cause. It looks like its a straight replace job, eg 40-60 but its not, some eg 45, 46, 55 I'm not saying these are the filenames, just an axample. Might not be replaced, you deleate 40-60 and only replace some of them, it isn't gonna work.
It could be the problem, it was with me.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:16 PM

user posted image
WTF?

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:19 PM

LOL, snowracer that is f*cked, seems like that car, drove a bit too hard... and the col got f*cked.

Redkiller
  • Redkiller

German Pride

• Members

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Feb 21 2004, 04:16)
user posted image
WTF?

I think the new bridge is just a bit higher then used to be. All someone has to do is raise the Z-coordinates of the paths, a little.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 20 February 2004 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (Redkiller @ Feb 21 2004, 00:20)

I think the new bridge is just a bit higher then used to be. All someone has to do is raise the Z-coordinates of the paths, a little.

oh yeah
didn't read...stupid me
but funny anyway
ph34r.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:13 PM Edited by superb@ll, 25 February 2004 - 08:14 PM.

hmmm... looks like i found the random game crash cause...
i think it's the main.scm ph34r.gif ...but really , i tried playing the game for 1
hour and still no crash with the oldest main.scm...but when i install the newest
main.scm it crashes within 5 minutes...
so , everybody who has the crash, try it with the oldest main.scm wink.gif
i bet it the game won't crash turn.gif

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:30 PM

By me its that the oldest main.scm crashed within 5 minutes, and with the new one a half hour!

2 Bugs:
Snow Racer's Lot:
The Tunnel and the sort of a restaurant

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Feb 25 2004, 20:30)
By me its that the oldest main.scm crashed within 5 minutes, and with the new one a half hour!

2 Bugs:
Snow Racer's Lot:

you probably ain't got the oldest...
it's the main.scm that is included in the V0.4 of Myriad Islands

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:34 PM

2 Bugs:
Snow Racer's Lot:

Snow Racer's lot is only a Alpha release so it will be far from perfect.

I have'nt tested the difference between the 2 .scm files. I heard somewhere that the Park had some bugs and some crashes are to do with the peds because the paths are not wide enough or something like that.

Anyway will these problems be getting fixed its a shame I cant do it, but is'nt that the purpose of this thread. colgate.gif

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (GT-1 @ Feb 25 2004, 20:34)

2 Bugs:
Snow Racer's Lot:

Snow Racer's lot is only a Alpha release so it will be far from perfect.

I have'nt tested the difference between the 2 .scm files. I heard somewhere that the Park had some bugs and some crashes are to do with the peds because the paths are not wide enough or something like that.

Anyway will these problems be getting fixed its a shame I cant do it, but is'nt that the purpose of this thread. colgate.gif

yeah , they said that... but the game STILL crashed when i had the park not installed confused.gif ... and ive done alot tests with the park...so it's not the park that
causes the game to crash...anyways i got my Myriad install working perfectly now smile.gif , but without missions and such...

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 25 February 2004 - 09:23 PM

I think it's scm problem...

I install my lot on EMPTY island and it's fine
I install another lot and its fine...
I Install all lots and its fine

so my problem with crash is scm (I think)

ph34r.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Feb 25 2004, 22:23)

ph34r.gif

Try a blank script then. illspirit's script for the island base isn't 100% but it's blank.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 26 February 2004 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Barton Waterduck @ Feb 26 2004, 08:43)
QUOTE (Snow Racer @ Feb 25 2004, 22:23)

ph34r.gif

Try a blank script then. illspirit's script for the island base isn't 100% but it's blank.

lol I did and no crashes
and I have all lots without crashes but when I put scm(your) then crash

maybe scm need some correct files like zones and another thing...

Superb@ll
  • Superb@ll

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 26 February 2004 - 04:31 PM

ARRGGGHH...(sorry for caps)
i'm fed up with that bug suicidal.gif
the cause isn't the main.scm it's something else, coz the game is also crashing with the old .scm...it must be something else...but what?
i tested everything , nothing works sad.gif ...
please somebody, find out what is causing the game to crash...

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:57 AM

The door to the illco building no longer opens during the run for the party mission. Does anyone else notice this?

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:39 AM

On my myriad install the airplace flies all over the place. blush.gif I am clueless to why. It is really annoying. One minute you are cruising down the road then the next you see a big jumbo jet go right by you. Any help? I am clueless on how to fix it or how it happened.

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe @ Feb 27 2004, 03:57)
The door to the illco building no longer opens during the run for the party mission. Does anyone else notice this?

I have that to

I must beat that mission allover again suicidal.gif

JBandit
  • JBandit

Huh?

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 12:33 AM

Here's a screen what happens to me:
user posted image
I also get random crashes..

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:01 AM

LoL, But check in MooMapper, and delete that wink.gif

Barton Waterduck
  • Barton Waterduck

retired modder

• Members

Posted 01 March 2004 - 09:34 AM

If it's possible to script that jumbo, I will, but I don't think it is. Anyway, funny stuff. colgate.gif dozingoff.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users