Quantcast

» «
Photo

Demarest's Ultimate Start to VC! (For 100%)

112 replies to this topic
Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 06 July 2008 - 03:57 PM Edited by Spuds725, 06 July 2008 - 04:00 PM.

For PC right???

http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=184864

(first post, 4th one from the top)-- I believe he did buy one safe house on the 2nd island but other then that and the packages, nothing else is done.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:51 PM Edited by Steve Crook, 06 July 2008 - 10:00 PM.

QUOTE (pomor @ Jun 3 2008, 10:35)
Thanks. Now I have done it. The video helped a lot, as earlier I was trying to jump off the small wall between the buildings

That's what I was doing wrong as well. Now I'll try it off the right wall cool.gif

Steve

Edit: And once you use the right wall, it's quite easy. Well, it's possible after about 5 attempts colgate.gif

Thanks everyone icon14.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 04:38 AM

Even though you probably will never see this, I commend you sir on a job well done. You've put a lot of effort into it; it's just a shame that you have been banned. sad.gif

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

Nice topic, I just read this and found it helpful. happy.gif

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:05 PM Edited by Spuds725, 07 July 2008 - 03:08 PM.

QUOTE (Stefan. @ Jul 6 2008, 23:38)
Even though you probably will never see this, I commend you sir on a job well done. You've put a lot of effort into it; it's just a shame that you have been banned. sad.gif

his 2nd "Permanent" ban seems to be sticking this time...

He may be lurking though so there is a good chance he might see that-- I will agree that Dem has done some awesome work-- his mods, game patches, and code tools are among the best ever produced.

LaPlant
  • LaPlant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:18 PM

I am attempting to put this guide to use to start my game. This and various other posts have been a great help so far. I have yet to attempt any missions, but I am up to 95 hidden packages. I am having trouble in two areas:
1) getting the package out of the Police Station,
2) getting the packages out of the North Mall without losing my helicopter.

I also am confused about when is the best time to purchase the other hideouts, particularly Hyman Condo. I currently have the skumole shack. I read that if you purchase HC before you have all the hidden packages, the rewards will not spawn there. Today I purchased it (just to see) and all my rewards are there except for the Sea-Heli and the Rhino. If I wait till 100, will the Hunter and Sea -Heli and Rhino Spawn there? Will Hyman Condo ever spawn a helicopter other than the basic Maverick? I assume you can't save your helicopter in any garage or on the Hyman Condo pad, but what about the rhino? Thanks for any help.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (LaPlant @ Oct 27 2008, 16:18)
1) getting the package out of the Police Station,

You've got two choices. You can either make a run for it, and get the package then bomb it out of the station, or complete the storyline missions until you beat the mission "Copland", which will give you the cop outfit at the station. Meaning that when you enter the station and wear the police clothes, you will not attain any wanted stars.

2) getting the packages out of the North Mall without losing my helicopter.

What you can do is land your helicopter just outside of any entrance to the mall, including the one on top of the multi-storey car park. And as soon as you leave your heli, make a quick dash away from it. If you do this right your helicopter door will remain open, and should still be there when you go into the mall, locate and pick up the packages and then exit the mall, all because you leave the door open. This tip is also very useful for completing other missions and such.

I also am confused about when is the best time to purchase the other hideouts, particularly Hyman Condo.  I currently have the skumole shack.  I read that if you purchase HC  before you have all the hidden packages, the rewards will not spawn there.  Today I purchased it (just to see) and all my rewards are there except for the Sea-Heli and the Rhino.  If I wait till 100, will the Hunter and Sea -Heli and Rhino Spawn there?  Will Hyman Condo ever spawn a helicopter other than the basic Maverick?  I assume you can't save your helicopter in any garage or on the Hyman Condo pad, but what about the rhino?  Thanks for any help.

The hunter and Rhino do not spawn at Hyman Condo at all. The Rhino only spawns at The Army base, and The hunter spawns at fort baxter if you complete the story or if you get 100 hidden packages.

The hunter will also spawn at the Ocean beach helipad (neat Vic Vances' safe house in VCS, across from the Cathedral if you haven't played VCS), if you complete both of the above.

molloni
  • molloni

Proprietor of Screw This!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:37 PM

flicko - you beat me to it...you're post appears just as hit <reply>

You've got two choices. You can either make a run for it, and get the package then bomb it out of the station

Good luck with this. As I recall (it's been a while since I visted Vice City) that package is in an office upstairs in the station. It's not a simple smash and grab, but you've got a whole floor, a stair well, and a hall way to get out the front door. And even if you do, you still have like what, a 4star wanted level or something rediculous as you try to make it to the Pay 'n Spray. On the other hand, I do think I did it this way, and one time out of probably 20 tries, I was able to make it out the door. Just be sure you visit a street lady and max out on health, then save, before you try to go in that station. Definately something fun to attempt to do...it depends on how easily you get frustrated.

I know that other post is old, but I miss Dem too. He was pretty bitter the last time, so I doubt he lurks here at all. If you do, hope all is well buddy!

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (molloni @ Oct 27 2008, 16:37)
flicko - you beat me to it...you're post appears just as hit <reply>

You've got two choices. You can either make a run for it, and get the package then bomb it out of the station

Good luck with this. As I recall (it's been a while since I visted Vice City) that package is in an office upstairs in the station. It's not a simple smash and grab, but you've got a whole floor, a stair well, and a hall way to get out the front door. And even if you do, you still have like what, a 4star wanted level or something rediculous as you try to make it to the Pay 'n Spray. On the other hand, I do think I did it this way, and one time out of probably 20 tries, I was able to make it out the door. Just be sure you visit a street lady and max out on health, then save, before you try to go in that station. Definately something fun to attempt to do...it depends on how easily you get frustrated.

I know that other post is old, but I miss Dem too. He was pretty bitter the last time, so I doubt he lurks here at all. If you do, hope all is well buddy!

Au contraire, everytime I attempt it I find it pretty easy to locate the package (which is indeed in the office), pick it up and run out. You get a two-star wanted level when you go by the reception, but it's a bit hectic once you get upstairs into the office area. If I recall it's in the central office, at the rear of the upstairs bit. It also becomes considerably easier, providing you have a long list of ammo, which LaPlant will obviously have because of all the packages he has previously found (giving him armour and colt python, which is essentially all he'll need to get in and out).

LaPlant
  • LaPlant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2008 - 06:51 PM Edited by LaPlant, 27 October 2008 - 08:05 PM.

QUOTE (flicko @ Oct 27 2008, 16:42)
Au contraire, everytime I attempt it I find it pretty easy to locate the package (which is indeed in the office), pick it up and run out. You get a two-star wanted level when you go by the reception, but it's a bit hectic once you get upstairs into the office area. If I recall it's in the central office, at the rear of the upstairs bit. It also becomes considerably easier, providing you have a long list of ammo, which LaPlant will obviously have because of all the packages he has previously found (giving him armour and colt python, which is essentially all he'll need to get in and out).

Wow, thanks for the quick suggestions! I've tried the police station a couple of times (armor and health at 100) and have not been able to even find the package before getting wasted or busted. I've tried it guns blazing and without. I will have to try the center room. However, I'm afraid that even if I get out, it will be the end of my heli (can't get it into the pay and spray and won't make it to West Island in one piece.) Also won't firing back increase my star rating and resulting chaos?
I assume that even at just 95 packages, it might be time abandon the packages and head on to the missions. I am missing two west island packages due to a save/reload error on my part(but, which two ????).
I also assume that at this point, it is safe to purchase the Hyman Condo (since it has everything that I am going to get) even if I won't be able to use it during the early missions.
Any thoughts on the saving Rhino in garage?

LaPlant
  • LaPlant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 12:50 PM

UPDATE- I tried the police station one more time and ran in and out without even getting into my health (Armor went to zero). I even made it out with my VCN Maverick to make it back to the west Island. The key was knowing which office to go into once upstairs. I also now have the two north mall packages with your help. Thanks again for your help. Now if I can only find those last two packages that I missed on the West Island. Ughhh.

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 01:06 PM

ha! grab a hidden package map and retrace all your steps and check them off as you go. I learned when playing GTA3 that checking them off and saving every 5 packages or so helped out, but there was always that one or two that always elluded me.

Have fun. I'm glad to see folks still playing Vice City. It had the best sound track, IMHO.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 03:54 PM

QUOTE (LaPlant @ Oct 27 2008, 18:51)
Any thoughts on the saving Rhino in garage?

Perfectly fine. Infact, because Hyman Condo has three large garages, you'd be able to store one rhino in each garage. Although I woudn't attempt to put some cars in there with the Rhinos, because that would be suicidal.

hidden package map

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=4516377

LaPlant
  • LaPlant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (molloni @ Oct 28 2008, 13:06)
ha!  grab a hidden package map and retrace all your steps and check them off as you go.  I learned when playing GTA3 that checking them off and saving every 5 packages or so helped out, but there was always that one or two that always elluded me.

Have fun.  I'm glad to see folks still playing Vice City.  It had the best sound track, IMHO.

I have a map. Problem is all the packages are checked. Not sure how that happened. I must have picked up some packages, then aborted or restarted in the wrong save spot.

I love the Vrock Soundtrack. Ironically many of those songs were on my GTA III Mp3 folder when I played that ages ago.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 06:13 AM Edited by radioman, 29 October 2008 - 06:22 AM.

Something else I would like to add-(credit to Spuds for finding this), is the easiest way to get to the West Island early to get all possible stuff out of the way early, like the Hidden Packages, rampages, unique jumps, and taxi(as Dem. said in the first post),, etc. is to get a Pcj-600 and speed right thru the barrier on the bridge by the Ocean Beach Hospital-It may take a few tries to hit the "sweet" spot, but it does work. I have confirmed it on the PC version and the PS2 Greatest Hits version, and Spuds confirmed it on the Original PS2 release-as he is the one that found that trick. Hope this helps.

To help find the packages and rampages and jumps easier to get-I mean to make it easier to remember which ones you've done, is to use a map, and start at the bottom of the map(the part furthest south of the west island and working North, then repeat for the East Island, remembering to save after every 10-20 packages/rampages/unique jumps, respectively. i also purchase all available safe houses asap so they too are out of the way. Then I do the "R3" missions (all), then when all I have left is the Chopper Checkpoints(which come later in the game), the unique jumps that are done during the one film studio mission, etc. I start the missions(storyline), then as soon as the chopper checkpoints come available, I do all three of them, then I resume the storyline until the last Chopper Checkpoint becomes available, and do that. then go back to the storyline, Do all assets when they open, and then Do Avery's 3 missions, then the cuban/haitian missions(but not the final one until after the cap the collector mission, then that is done, and then all that you should have left is the final mission and then watch the credits and voila you have the satisfaction of knowing you just beat VC 100%.

molloni
  • molloni

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (LaPlant @ Oct 28 2008, 13:02)
I have a map. Problem is all the packages are checked. Not sure how that happened. I must have picked up some packages, then aborted or restarted in the wrong save spot.

I love the Vrock Soundtrack. Ironically many of those songs were on my GTA III Mp3 folder when I played that ages ago.

yea, that indeed does suck...what I always found frustrating was going to each spot and not finding the package there, assuming I found it prior...then come to find out I would have one of two issues:

1) The package wasn't where I thought it was (not eye level kind of thing) and it was in a parking garage or something silly
2) The package wouldn't "spawn" until I was right on top of it...I remeber this specifically with the one that is at the very corner of an area near the junk yard (Phil's, I think, on the West Island). No matter how many times I went to that corner, I couldn't see it untill one time BAM, there it was. I couldn't figure that out.

If you play on PC, there used to be a mod available that would project halos in the sky above any packages that weren't picked up. It's not really cheating...

And yes, there are a bunch of good songs on the VRock channel, and I still listen to it outside of the game.

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 29 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

If you play on PC, there used to be a mod available that would project halos in the sky above any packages that weren't picked up. It's not really cheating

There still is, it's called the Scatterstorm code tool. It was created be Demerest andis available at tfads.com(via Archive.org). and yes, it is considered cheating. hope this helps.

LaPlant
  • LaPlant

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE (molloni @ Oct 29 2008, 16:29)
1)  The package wasn't where I thought it was (not eye level kind of thing) and it was in a parking garage or something silly
2)  The package wouldn't "spawn" until I was right on top of it...I remeber this specifically with the one that is at the very corner of an area near the junk yard (Phil's, I think, on the West Island).  No matter how many times I went to that corner, I couldn't see it untill one time BAM, there it was.  I couldn't figure that out.

Yes that's what happened with the Mars Cafe one. I didn't realize that I had to go around the building. The other one was near the ambulance at the hospital on West Island. After scouring every location on the west island, ironically both "missing packages" were close to my Hyman Condo save spot.

I even found that I could save the Hunter at Hyman Condo by pushing it in and out of the garage. After multiple attempts at the Brown Thunder I was able to complete it and return to Hyman Condo in one piece (four stars), but I was not able to save the Hunter on the return. Oh well, hopefully I don't need it again. BTW I had zero success using the machine gun to get the baddies in vigilante mode. I had to use the rocket launcher, thus the 4 star rating.

I also found that saving the Rhino in the garage is relatively simple when you drive carefully avoiding other cars and do not get stars.

Any suggestions on what else I should do on the West Island before I head back to the East island and start the storyline?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 31 October 2008 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (radioman @ Oct 29 2008, 01:13)
Something else I would like to add-(credit to Spuds for finding this), is the easiest way to get to the West Island early to get all possible stuff out of the way early, like the Hidden Packages, rampages, unique jumps, and taxi(as Dem. said in the first post),, etc. is to get a Pcj-600 and speed right thru the barrier on the bridge by the Ocean Beach Hospital-It may take a few tries to hit the "sweet" spot, but it does work. I have confirmed it on the PC version and the PS2 Greatest Hits version, and Spuds confirmed it on the Original PS2 release-as he is the one that found that trick. Hope this helps.

Video of the above--- http://www.freewebs....725/barrier.wmv

It was a fluke that I found that, I was trying to crash into it and bounce over it-- I was so surprised when i went through it...I promptly killed myself after just a few minutes over there--- took me another 1/2 hour til I found the sweet spot again-- I can pretty much do this at will now....

A little history-- I found this in late Jan 03, I'd gotten the game for christmas about 2 months after it came out-- this was my first time through the game and I was stuck on phenom penh 86 which is the mission that opens up the 2nd island and got bored and was trying to find another way across to the other island so I could explore.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 31 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (LaPlant @ Oct 30 2008, 15:57)
Any suggestions on what else I should do on the West Island before I head back to the East island and start the storyline?

I get all of the packages, buy all the properties, do all of the rampages (except the one with Molotov cocktails if I'm not fire-proof yet) and do all of the unique jumps that are possible (all except the one from the upper office at the start of mission G-Spotlight. I also load up with weapons and ammunition. The early missions are a lot easier if you have some decent weaponry biggrin.gif

Steve

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

A bit of an old topic but i dont think it matters if a bump a sticky right?

Im doing this now, getting as much done as possible and heres a tip that i found helpful. One of the best weapons, the spaz shotgun, isnt available from getting the hidden packages. I advise you to do all rampages that let you use a shotgun. Now go to the airport and grab the spaz shotgun a few times.

Now you should start doing rampages. When you start a rampage, make sure you start with the shotgun equipped. Its ammo will double everytime, its the best way to get ammo for it as its rare at the beginning.

Another challenge, get the FBI Washington to the East island garage. I just did it myself, while the borders are still there

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (Jack Reacher @ Nov 9 2009, 06:17)
Another challenge, get the FBI Washington to the East island garage. I just did it myself, while the borders are still there

I did it some time ago. And then completed Vigilante in it cool.gif
I my method I put Packer parallel to the barier at north most bridge. Jumped, in FBI Washington, to the right side.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 November 2009 - 06:43 PM

thats exactly what i just did, i jumped the side of the bridge on prawn island

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users