Quantcast

» «
Photo

Demarest's Ultimate Start to VC! (For 100%)

112 replies to this topic
Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:43 PM

Thanks for the reply, Ring_of_fire, but in a 'Master Save" one does not use cheats or mods.

I can put a PCJ600 on a boat but can't manage to move it to the right place: as soon as the boat moves the bike goes over board...

I've collected 100 packages but placing the chopper does not work for me. And I fogot to mention I use the PC version; thought this did not make a difference for my questions.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

LithJoe's trainers won't effect your save that much. Jetpack mode doesn't harm anything to your save.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:22 AM

I know you're against using mods/cheats, but your task is otherwise impossible. For getting those Unique Jumps, grab Dem's Wanderlust (available here). This will credit you with all remaining jumps. I used it when I was creating my own saved game aiming to have all possible side-missions and collectables completed before starting The Party.

On that note, if this is successful, mind providing a link to your save? I can add it to the collection in the pinned Downloads Database topic (in VC PC Chat) then. smile.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 10 May 2007 - 12:36 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 10 May 2007 - 01:37 PM.

I think I need more respect. It's actually possible to be in Jetpack mode while riding a motorcycle or in any vehicle (car) for that matter. What you do is to press [SHIFT+I] to enable it as soon as you open the door or get on a bike. It's takes accurate timing and precision, but you will see that it becomes easy. Right now I am getting triple insane stunt bonuses with lots of cash for the amazing rotations and distances that I did! tounge.gif

There is a glitch too when you exit out of LithJoe's trainer while during gameplay, the trainer is still active and you can do weird moves with Tommy when in the air. Don't tell me you knew that jetpack mode trick before Fuzzy Juzzy?

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy)
On that note, if this is successful, mind providing a link to your save? I can add it to the collection in the pinned Downloads Database topic (in VC PC Chat) then.

Yeah, you mean a save file that all one has to do is to complete the storyline missions?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

Save yourself the effort. Grab the Admin Console and program the keys for flight. No special timing or anything and you can spend as long as you wish in the air. Combined with Timetwister, the duo is a powerful tool for lording over most every aspect of VC.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 11 May 2007 - 01:26 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 11 May 2007 - 04:29 PM.

How will the flying cheat or any other mod/trainer mentioned in this guide help people who use PS2/Xbox consoles? PC gamers are lucky I guess.

Time Vault is useful for passing any mission in the game if you feel bored of it.
Time Twister... is it able to actually make a mission playable at any point in the game?

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 May 2007 - 08:13 AM

QUOTE (Ring_of_Fire @ May 11 2007, 23:26)
Time Twister... is it able to actually make a mission playable at any point in the game?

That's the idea, yes.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

Timetwister (all one word) is meant to immerse you in the city in a timeless state. The biggest side effect of this is the ability to do any mission at any time, yes. Release topic for VC is here.

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ May 10 2007, 09:22)
I know you're against using mods/cheats, but your task is otherwise impossible.

Ok - then that's where it ends as far as I'm concerned. I was just curious if there was a 'legitimate' way to finish the rest.

QUOTE (Fuzzy Juzzy @ May 10 2007, 09:22)

On that note, if this is successful, mind providing a link to your save? I can add it to the collection in the pinned Downloads Database topic (in VC PC Chat) then.  smile.gif

No problem. I will add a txt.file with what still needs to be accomplished to get 100%. If anyone wants to 'finish' this off with cheats or mods, feel free to do so. That was not my goal.
Can I mail the file or post it here somewhere?

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:37 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Who @ May 14 2007, 01:44)
Can I mail the file or post it here somewhere?

Upload instructions are here.

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:24 PM Edited by Dr. Who, 14 May 2007 - 01:31 PM.

Thanks, Fuzzy Juzzy.
The link is http://gtasnp.com/2589

I can't seem to upload a txt file, so I will add the information here:

Aim of this save game was to complete all that can be done in Vice City WITHOUT doing the Story Missions.
No cheats or mods or whatever were used.

The following were found to be impossible to accomplish at this moment in the game:
* 3 consequetive jumps: only available during and after "G-spot" mission.
* 2 consequetive jumps near the Cortez yacht: accessible after Cortez' missions.
* Shooting Range in Ammu Nation Downtown: available after "The Shootist" mission.
* 4 helicopter checkpoint missions: no heli's appear until "Phnom Penh '86" mission.

The story missions + the above challenges will get you to 100%... and the Frankie T-shirt. cool.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:05 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 14 May 2007 - 03:07 PM.

We already told you that all the jumps were possible through the VC Admin Console and LithJoe's jetpack feature.

The only thing impossible is the Rifle/Shooting Range and the helicopter checkpoints. I guess you are giving respect to people who have only consoles or don't cheat, right?

What the hell is a "Master Save"... I save where it's one desire to complete the game 100% without cheating?

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Who @ May 14 2007, 08:24)

Only the jump that requires that mission's elevator ride to the top is unattainable until G-SPOTLIGHT. The other two are perfectly doable from the very start. I originally got the idea from one of Recluses's stunt videos, though it's been done in other stunt videos. I believe it's on the north side of the hospital, just across from the drive is a mound. Across the street from this is an alleyway. Use a runup and hit that mound correctly and you and your bike will be on top of the buildings. You can immediately complete the UJ right there as well as use the bike to follow the path of G-Spotlight until the final UJ.

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 08:48 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ May 14 2007, 16:48)

Only the jump that requires that mission's elevator ride to the top is unattainable until G-SPOTLIGHT. The other two are perfectly doable from the very start.

Thanks a lot, Demarest. That's the information I was looking for.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:09 AM

A very useful guide, many thanks.

I'd completed VC to 100% a few times already but I'm just trying it with an early entry into the West Island. I used the Packer to jump the studio wall onto the bridge and once I'd done that it was all opened up to me (or nearly). Because I'd already done enough Taxi Driver missions I had enough money to buy the Hyman Condo which is very useful with its multiple garages, weapons and armour pickup (with enough hidden packages), police bribe and best of all, the helicopter.

I've got all of the packages, done the Stadium, Vigilante, Paramedic & Firefighter missions, and have bought all the available property. Now I'm working my way through the unique jumps and rampages - and all before I have done a single official mission icon14.gif

I can now tackle those missions fully armed with a mini-gun, sniper rifle and M4. They won't stand a chance biggrin.gif

I notice that despite flying around a lot in the helicopter I don't have any flight time registered. Maybe that's because I'm not meant to be able to get to a helicopter yet.

Thanks again

Steve

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 November 2007 - 05:28 AM

nope-- it only counts time in planes in VC

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:39 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Nov 20 2007, 05:28)
nope-- it only counts time in planes in VC

Ah yes, I see. There's another record for miles in the helicopter, and I've got a few of those.

I've now got all the hidden packages & rampages, done the RC, Stadium, Vigilante, Paramedic & Firefighter missions, and have bought all the available property. I've done all the unique jumps I can get to. That's a good start.

I may as well go and do some missions now, sigh lol.gif

Steve

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:41 AM Edited by Steve Crook, 20 November 2007 - 07:43 AM.

QUOTE (Dr. Who @ May 17 2007, 08:48)

Only the jump that requires that mission's elevator ride to the top is unattainable until G-SPOTLIGHT. The other two are perfectly doable from the very start.

Thanks a lot, Demarest. That's the information I was looking for.

They're do-able, in theory, if you can get the bike up there.
Can you jump it to anywhere to get on the G-Spotlight mission trail from the entrance to the office or maybe from the Police or news station heli-pad?

Steve

Edit: Just seen
Only the jump that requires that mission's elevator ride to the top is unattainable until G-SPOTLIGHT. The other two are perfectly doable from the very start. I originally got the idea from one of Recluses's stunt videos, though it's been done in other stunt videos. I believe it's on the north side of the hospital, just across from the drive is a mound. Across the street from this is an alleyway. Use a runup and hit that mound correctly and you and your bike will be on top of the buildings. You can immediately complete the UJ right there as well as use the bike to follow the path of G-Spotlight until the final UJ.

I'll try that

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

Can you do the UJ on Prawn Island before doing any missions?
Do bikes ever spawn there?
Or can you do it in a car?

Steve

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:17 PM Edited by Steve Crook, 20 November 2007 - 12:34 PM.

Well I can get part way around the G-Spotlight course before doing the mission.
This is all done perfectly legally, no cheats or external tools being used.

I couldn't find the mound by the hospital. Are there any stunt videos that show what you mean?

But if you take a Sanchez and a PCJ up onto the roof of the Hyman Condo and take them both onto the "West wing" which overlooks the building north of the hospital.

Park the Sanchez side on, parallel to the barrier rail overlooking the building, get on the PCJ and drive into the Sanchez to knock it over. Then kick the Sanchez until it's up against the barrier rail with its wheels furthest from the rail. This will be your ramp to hop the rail.

Take the PCJ back to the heli-pad and drive it as fast as you can into the Sanchez.
With a bit of luck (& probably quite a few attempts) you will jump over the rail and land on the building's roof.

From there you can ride the PCJ to the end of the G-Spotlight course. Take care of that bike. As you're not doing the mission the steps won't fall as you pass them. Miss a jump or blow up that bike and you have to start all over again.

But that route from the roof of the building north of the hospital to the end of the course only takes you over 1 UJ (or is it 2). To get the others you need to join the course earlier.

Steve

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 20 November 2007 - 02:41 PM

Right... I'm pretty sure the jump off the hospital is a UJ... meaning you have to get on to the hospital or earlier in the course.

The ramp/embankment to get on the hospital is relatively easy.

To get to it...

Start at the downtown ammunation... head west... at the end of the road, across the street you will see an alley with a couple of construction barricades, go past them and straight... stop in the corner.... this is where you start your run....

Head south east across this open area and you will come to a gap in the buildings.... if you line it up right you will have a straight shot at the embankment ramp you will jump off of... the building is south of the hospital (there is a wall between the hospital and this building)-- the embankment is just south of this wall--

Head straight to this embankment and turn to the right at the last second... you will go up and sort of richochet off this building getting some spin and lots of height... with luck you will land on the hospital... most times you land between the hospital and the building south of it... I've even gone over the hospital several times (landed west of it).... it is a fun jump whether you land on the hospital or not.

HTH...

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 20 November 2007 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Feb 17 2004, 13:43)
If you have 80 packages and need to get back to the west island for any reason (including to grab a fresh heli), do the following...
user posted imageuser posted image
user posted image
Grab an Ambulance. If you're near a hospital, good
enough. If not, use your fists to lay out a few peds and
one will be delivered to you. Take it and go to the bridge
to Starfish Island. Drive the Ambulance in between the
rails as seen in the first pic. It may appear stuck, but
keep your wheels turned and your foot on the gas and
you will squeeze through. Once you do, hug the
passenger-side rail so Tommy has room to get out. Get
out and hop on top of the Ambulance as in the second
pic. You want to run and jump to the left of the black
fence. The bush is solid a bit off of the ground, so try to
jump as far as you can as in the third pic.

How do you get the ambulance between those rails on the bridge to Starfish Island?
It won't fit through the archway. Do you have to put something like a sports car there for it to jump over?

Steve

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 21 November 2007 - 01:03 AM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Nov 20 2007, 14:41)
Right... I'm pretty sure the jump off the hospital is a UJ... meaning you have to get on to the hospital or earlier in the course.

The ramp/embankment to get on the hospital is relatively easy.

To get to it...

Start at the downtown ammunation... head west... at the end of the road, across the street you will see an alley with a couple of construction barricades, go past them and straight... stop in the corner.... this is where you start your run....

Head south east across this open area and you will come to a gap in the buildings.... if you line it up right you will have a straight shot at the embankment ramp you will jump off of... the building is south of the hospital (there is a wall between the hospital and this building)-- the embankment is just south of this wall--

Head straight to this embankment and turn to the right at the last second... you will go up and sort of richochet off this building getting some spin and lots of height... with luck you will land on the hospital... most times you land between the hospital and the building south of it... I've even gone over the hospital several times (landed west of it).... it is a fun jump whether you land on the hospital or not.

HTH...

Nice, thanks.
I haven't actually got onto the hospital roof yet. But I can see how it can be done - with some more practise and a lot more crashing biggrin.gif
But I can stash a few bikes at the Hyman Condo which is handily close.

I've started doing the missions because I'd done just about (almost) everything I could without doing them. I notice that all that carefully hoarded ammo for the M4 and mini-gun is soon wasted. When you do mission Guardian Angels you have to pick up the Ruger which replaces your M4 and when you do mission Phnom Phen '86 you have to use an M60 which replaces your mini-gun. Shame.

Oh well, I can soon load up on them again

Steve

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 06:28 PM

Yeah, very nice. Before I though that there's no way to go to the second island of vice city

A|dan
  • A|dan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Can someone help me, I can't get the truck in the right place at the film studio..

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 01 June 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (Spuds725 @ Nov 20 2007, 14:41)
Head south east across this open area and you will come to a gap in the buildings....

There I did lost you. Can you be a wee bit more specific? I think I know what embankment you are referring to. But how I can get ther from this point?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 June 2008 - 07:59 PM

I don't think I can make it clearer (without posting pics)-- the embankment is South of the hospital just south of the wall seperating the hospital from the building to its south-- from that start point you are NW of the embankment-- as you head SE diagonally across the open area you will sort of have to loop to the right just a bit

//edit//

The above is essentially a re-hash of what I wrote before... a video is worth a thousand words--- (a quick google search)-- shows a vid of the jump with a sucessful landing on top of the hospital

This should clear it up...

Spuds

pomor
  • pomor

Stainless Steel Rat

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:35 AM

Thanks. Now I have done it. The video helped a lot, as earlier I was trying to jump off the small wall between the buildings

daviescirca93
  • daviescirca93

So maybe I'm a little retarded...

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 23 June 2008 - 02:56 AM

Good work, makes me wanna play Vice City all over again smile.gif

/runs off to play VC

ranashahrukh
  • ranashahrukh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:28 AM

can some one just get me the savegame in which just hidden packages are collected and no any other mission is completed PLZ

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users