Quantcast

» «
Photo

Demarest's Ultimate Start to VC! (For 100%)

116 replies to this topic
Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 March 2004 - 05:51 PM

I think finding 96 out of 100 on your own is an awesome feat smile.gif

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 March 2004 - 08:13 PM

yeah, the first time i played, i probably only found like 60 or so on my own biggrin.gif

and the video: before i saw your replay, Demarest, i just did whatever i thought was enough. i was afraid id jump right over the bridge tounge.gif
i used the leaning trick too, but i dont know if it makes any difference at that short of a length.

liberty girl
  • liberty girl

mafia hit-girl

• Members

Posted 27 March 2004 - 05:11 AM

hey Dem...THANKS...i did the film studio jump this morning...it took me about 5 times, but it was ok because i FINALLY did it!! and i flew over the wall, but my front tire hit the wall, and i flew off the bike but i still made it onto the bridge!! rah.gif i thought that i had lost the bike, and was ok with that, but there it was a little ways infront of me!! YAY!! so thanks a whole bunch... now i can focus on my packages!!!

tommyalma
  • tommyalma

לэ flỵήξ ךдxi

• Members

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:32 AM

QUOTE (Demarest @ Mar 25 2004, 17:51)
I think finding 96 out of 100 on your own is an awesome feat smile.gif

Thank you sir! cool.gif The hidden package hunt on GTA3 got me hooked on the series. I found 99 on my own in GTA3 (missed the one on top of the bridge by the contsruction site in Staunton).

Hey, just one note: on the gtagarage map, the screenshot for #96 is wrong. They show a duplicate of #97. The real "#96" is on top of the Escobar terminals and can be reached either be helicopter or by jumping off the ramp in front of the terminal.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:34 AM

yeah i noticed that one too.
also, you have to use internet explorer because the script that they used isnt cross-browser compatible (i use moz)

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:32 PM

Same probs here, BF. Instead of going to the MAPS section, go instead to the help section where all the pics are links and not hover overs.

brokenfish
  • brokenfish

Homie

• Members

Posted 04 April 2004 - 05:54 PM

thanks, ill remember that for another time i feel like beating vc again smile.gif
i never visited gtagarage very often, and even less now (other [multiplayer] games are making me lose interest cryani.gif )

also you mightve noticed i never even bothered to re-edit that video tounge.gif

bum2004
  • bum2004

I wanna be in a gang...

• Members

Posted 09 April 2004 - 02:10 AM

Very very well done dem...i dunno how u get ur pics so gd but anyway... i havent got VC but i should be getting it by the 24th of this month and i will use ur 'ULTIMATE START TO VC'.
P.S I personnaly think that topic should be pinned for newbies smile.gif
like myself...ty...i favouritised the page so that if i were to get cleared then i would still have a copy smile.gif

WELL DONE

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:36 AM

Well, this guide does spoil some things in the game, so I wouldn't even recommend it for newbies. It's geared more for die-harders who are looking for the quickest way to rise to power. But anybody can benefit from it.

My video card is a 9700 Pro. So to begin with, having AA and AF both set at 4x makes for some good looking pics. Toss in a teensy bit of image editing and you get the pics there. I'm glad you like them smile.gif Helps keep me motivated for making more wink.gif

9 Ball
  • 9 Ball

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:11 PM

Like some other people have done, I'm going to add my trick. Its not that useful but you'll get a $30000 early in the game and it doesn't take long. Although this is nothing compared to the Cone Crazy money trick, its useful nevertheless.

Drive right/south from Ocean View Hotel until you get to the part where the road winds around a corner. On your left, there should be a rampage rampage_ani.gif . Start it up, and start throwing Molotovs (away from you) endlessly in the same place until the fire fighters come in their fire truck. They should put it out and then get out of the truck and walk off (if not, just car jack them). Et Viola! Your fire truck, free of charge and if you want to finish the rampage now, I suggest not. You may need another fire truck. ph34r.gif

chenjx1983
  • chenjx1983

N.E.R.V

• Members

Posted 04 September 2004 - 03:33 AM

a fantastic guide demarest, and there is nothing i can argue about except i would rather do the "Paramedic Mission" and "Pizza Delivery" first - they will give you 50000+ cash (so you can buy the Hyman Condo instead of Skumhole Shack when you get to the 2nd island) and the tireless running and 150 life are so helpful in the starting part of the game.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 24 January 2005 - 12:24 AM

I re-pinned this thread-- chenjx1983 took new pics to replace the dead links in the first post and hosted them.

Thanks alot to chenjx1983 for going to the trouble to do all that-- also thanks to Demarest for creating this guide in the first place.

Spuds

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 25 September 2005 - 01:16 PM

I did clean this thread up somewhat--

In hindsight, I should have just split off the posts instead of deleting-- sorry about that everyone-- I forget I have that abilityy.

Whargoul
  • Whargoul

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:01 AM Edited by Whargoul, 14 October 2005 - 08:04 AM.

so after 80 hidden packages is there a heli or a sea sparrow on starfish island without it being unlocked? or both? also once you hop the fence to starfish island can't you then reach the west island on the ground? im just a lil confused.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:11 AM

The Sea Sparrow is a heli (sparrow with pontoons and a minigun)-- it is available behind the mansion after 80 packages whether you own the mansion or not (can get it to start off-- I've done this doing nothing else except packages).

If I remember correctly, the west gate to starfish island is also locked at the beginning of the game-- so you have to get over it, or off the island via boat (if you haven't unlocked the sea sparrow yet)

Technical Difficulty
  • Technical Difficulty

Run for your life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:27 PM

The thumbnails don't work, but I remember using this guide alot about about a year ago. It's amazing.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 27 October 2005 - 04:50 AM

QUOTE (Technical Difficulty @ Oct 26 2005, 17:27)
The thumbnails don't work, but I remember using this guide alot about about a year ago. It's amazing.

The thumnails worked, just the links off the thumbnails were wrong...

I was able to muddle out the URLs off the thumnail pics-- links are all fixxed now.... thanks for pointing this out.....

SPuds...

shunyu
  • shunyu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:48 AM

I THOUGHT I MIGHT IMPROVE THIS GUIGE, WHEN YOU GOT 100 PACKAGES, THE HUNTER IS AVAILABLE AT OCEAN BEACH. THE HUNTER IN THE MILITARY BASE WAS ALWAYS THERE.
HERE IS THE INSTRUCTION ON HOW TO GET TO IT:(DIDN'T NOTICE THAT, ALL CAPITALS, I JUST DID THE VILIGENCE MISSION, BUT I AM 100% COMPLETE!)
i asume you just loaded at ocean beach hotel,go on the road, grab a car or a bike, drive to you right, the direction to the pier where you did the missions. near the pier, there is a helipad by a house(look around for it, it's not that close!), the hunter is on the helipad. also, the house is the one with a hidden package behind the back door. good luck ginding them.
P.S :if you got 100 packages, located the helipad, but didn't find the hunter,drive some where else away from the ocean beach and come back later and try to find it, food luck!

Mayhem-
  • Mayhem-

Rastafarian

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 03:57 AM

nice guide this will help me for when i start a new game.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2006 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (shunyu @ Dec 31 2005, 21:48)
i asume you just loaded at ocean beach hotel,go on the road, grab a car or a bike, drive to you right, the direction to the pier where you did the missions. near the pier, there is a helipad by a house(look around for it, it's not that close!), the hunter is on the helipad. also, the house is the one with a hidden package behind the back door. good luck ginding them.
P.S :if you got 100 packages, located the helipad, but didn't find the hunter,drive some where else away from the ocean beach and come back later and try to find it, food luck!

There is only a Hunter there if you've completed 100 packages AND the final story mission Keep Your Friends Close... Obviously the islands are open at that point and mentioning it isn't a contribution to this thread.

Getting the one at Fort Baxter after attaining all 100 packages is "easy" though. Save at Skumole first! Go north across the street and take the cop heli. Approach Fort Baxter from the north. The Hunter is just over the outer wall. Crash land and hop in. Sometimes army won't spawn. Sometimes they spawn but don't notice. Sometimes they notice but don't shoot well enough. Sometimes they do and you die. If you fail to extract it, reload from Skumole and try again. Then you can fly to the east island and complete Vigilante in no time adding 50 armor to your starting stats.

WILLY1
  • WILLY1

WILLY1

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:31 AM

I know a couple ways to get to the 2nd island early.

1. For one of them you go by cortez's yaht with a fire truck. You go to the first fence and you push the firetruck into the water. Then you simply jump onto the firetruck, walk along it untill you are past the fence and then jump onto the concrete. Then all you have to do is grab a boat and your there.

2. This one is extremely difficult. Drive to the brige on starfish Island and jump into a persons boat as it drives by.

3. Follow all the steps to get into the film studio. Then once you are in go to the southeast corner and there should be stairs. Park the bike on the ledge and then follow the ledge all the way around. When you get to the end of the ledge facing north, if you have enough speed you should be able to jump to the other side.

I hope one of these helps if you have problems with the one listed above. By the way nice guide. One thing that is very important is getting the R3 missions out of the way in the beginning. They help you a lot.

willum
  • willum

Forum Newbie

• Members

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:38 AM

Is there a hidden packages guide with pictures? I can't find any. The one in the first post of this thread "isn't available."

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2006 - 10:07 AM

QUOTE (willum @ Dec 17 2006, 20:38)
Is there a hidden packages guide with pictures? I can't find any. The one in the first post of this thread "isn't available."

http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=1818679

mexican guy
  • mexican guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:19 PM

i can tell u were to find mini gun before u can buy it from phil cassidy u have to go to the blown up drug factory of the hatians go up the stairs then make your way left then you will see a purple circle thats the mini gun extremly powerful [beware hatians attack u] biggrin.gif

mexican guy
  • mexican guy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 February 2007 - 01:21 PM

i can tell u were to find mini gun before u can buy it from phil cassidy u have to go to the blown up drug factory of the hatians go up the stairs then make your way left then you will see a purple circle thats the mini gun extremly powerful [beware hatians attack u] biggrin.gif

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:51 PM

That's about the way I learned to start VC from Rusk, except as soon as Tommy gets to the W island, I probably send him to run over the line of parking meters a few runs times and buy the Skumole Shack.

Another good gimmick I picked up from him, if you want an easy gimmick for Brown Thunder and don't mind waiting till the W island is open and targets appear there, is to do it in the wide open spaces of the S end of the airport. When you can get a target that's on the highway just N of the airport from over the water W of the W shore, you can fly out over the water and the timer stops till you get over the S end of the airport again, which lets you try to keep the targets at the airport. It doesn't work all the time, but when it does, you can have an easy time positioning the Hunter near a target spawn point and keep destroying batches of them as they appear.

Another Brown Thunder gimmick I'd recommend is to use the rocket at a building if you get a target that spawns inside one. The target probably moves toward the Hunter, and the force of the blast takes care of it.

(I don't think the Cone Crazy gimmick works on PC--?)

I'd still like to VERY much thank Demarest for his tip he gave me a couple of years ago that made one of the most annoying missions for me, RC Bandit, a lot easier. I recommend it if you mod the game.

Make a copy of your data\handling.cfg file and/or copy the line for RC Bandit. Go to C/Program Files/Rockstar, right click it, click
"Properties," uncheck the green dot to make it a writable file, and click "OK" a
couple of times so the subfiles and folders are writable, too.

Go to the data/handling.cfg file in Notepad. Change the original to this (making four of the
numbers different):

2000.0 0.8 1.5 1.0 0.0 0.05 -0.1 70 1.60 0.75 0.49 1 75.0 80.0 4 E 5.5 0.50 0
25.0 1.8 0.1 0.2 0.05 500 0.28 -0.08 0.5 0.0 0 0 1

In other words, change B from 100.0 to 2,000.0, change J from 1.10 to 160.0,
change O from 35.0 to 80.0, and change V from 1.6 to 0.8. This increases the
mass, acceleration, and cornering traction, decreases the spring force of the
suspension.

I get it done in a few efforts at the most that way.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (mexican guy @ Feb 21 2007, 08:21)

That's so late in the game, it's barely useful. Much quicker is simply grabbing all the packages you'd need straightaway.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Drunk on Power

• United-States
  • Helpfulness Award

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:04 AM Edited by Spuds725, 09 May 2007 - 01:23 AM.

QUOTE (glenster @ May 7 2007, 11:51)

(I don't think the Cone Crazy gimmick works on PC--?)

It does work on PC-- just very hard to max the money...

You will have to leave 1 second on the clock the first 6 times you do cone crazy... then increase it by 1 second each time after... doing it this way you will achieve your 23rd breaking record time (the one that maxes your money) with a time of 6 seconds-- this is possible but the cones will have to be nudged around prior to getting the first checkpoint to get any time under 11 seconds...

a little more info here... http://www.gtaforums...dpost&p=2032856

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

Great guide, Demarest. icon14.gif

This is my second time through Vice City. I'm now trying to create a 'master save' for Vice City like I did for San Andreas: everything completed except for the story missions.

I'm stuck on the following things in VC and was wondering if there is a way to complete these before the story missions are started.
* 3 consequetive jumps (nrs. 1, 3 and 4): only available during and after G-spot mission? Elevator is not accessible. Is there another way?
* 2 consequetive jumps near the Cortez yacht: how to get a PCJ600 across the northern (closed) gate?
* Shooting Range in Ammu Nation Downtown only available after The Shootist mission?
* 4 helicopter checkpoint missions - no heli's appear until ???

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 06:17 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 09 May 2007 - 06:22 PM.

QUOTE (Dr. Who)
3 consequetive jumps (nrs. 1, 3 and 4): only available during and after G-spot mission? Elevator is not accessible. Is there another way?

Well, you would need to complete all the storyline missions anyway to get 100% in the first place you know? It would make sense to leave that as a last resort. You won't forget these jumps once you start the G-Spotlight mission. If you have the game for PS2/Xbox, there is absolutely no way unless GS/AR/CB codes can help you out. If you have it for PC, then you just download mods or trainers such as LithJoe and go into Jetpack mode while on the motorcycle.

*Some cheat devices/mods/trainers can spawn a PCJ-600, but not sure.*

2 consequetive jumps near the Cortez yacht: how to get a PCJ600 across the northern (closed) gate?

Go into Jetpack mode while on the motorcycle using LithJoe's trainer. For PS2/Xbox, I don't think you consider driving a bike onto a boat an easy task to do?

*Some cheat devices/mods/trainers can spawn a PCJ-600, but not sure.*

Shooting Range in Ammu Nation Downtown only available after The Shootist mission?

It's pointless when you'd easily remember after passing "The Shootist" mission. Yes, it's avaiable only after "The Shootist" mission.

4 helicopter checkpoint missions - no heli's appear until ???

Phnom Penh '86. There might still be a trick of collecting 80 hidden packages first, grab the helicopter and placing it at the exact spot to trigger the mission. Try your luck to see if that works! turn.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users