Photo

[Official] Audio

255 replies to this topic
sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

Still not legal. Read about that recently.

Phaeilo
  • Phaeilo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 June 2005 - 05:11 AM

Hi, why don't you start a action like (http://www.ballz.de/yourmusic.html). Ok, if you don't speak german I'll describe it. As you can see ballz.de is a flashcartoon site and for that you need music. So the webmaster asked (because of a copyright problem with an other song) little band which want to be famous for free songs. This free songs are now used in his cartoons. I think there will be many bands which want to be represented on/in myriadislands. So you could make a action like this or you can use the ballz.de music list (link above). If you scroll dow you'll see lots of links to the band's pages and there the mp3s biggrin.gif . But I think you should ask the bands before using their songs.

Sorry for bad english.

Mr Killer
  • Mr Killer

Upside-down circle

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 October 2005 - 12:01 PM

Hey guys the other day I went out and bought a really good microphone and now I looked at this topic and I thought I could record some commercials or whatever.

I also have a small part-time acting career so you can count on me. wink.gif

Just give me a PM and tell me what you want me to record.

jono93
  • jono93

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:10 PM

i'm no good at modding - although i have tried.
but i think if people who like different genres of music make there own genre station.

i.e people who like rap make a rap station together
same with dance etc (i think dance is needed as i like boyracing on gta and im sure
many others do)

and we need our own original music.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

Well yeah, we need our own music, or at least music from artists willing to offer it, cause otherwise it's illegal lol.

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members

Posted 25 May 2006 - 03:38 PM

Just put shortcuts to your favourite MP3's in GTASA's MP3 folder. Then you can listen to whatever music you want.

pinback
  • pinback

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 August 2006 - 12:54 AM Edited by pinback, 30 August 2006 - 12:58 AM.

All well and good doing that, Cerbera, but these people have stated every few posts for about 13 pages -- they want non-80s radio stations of their own, with commercials, as opposed to just having their 'MP3' folder filled with their own music, which lacks a DJ and the notable bevy of humorous advertisements. As has indeed already been stated, commercials add a lot to GTA and are some people's favourite thing about the radio. Now that I think about it, actually, don't commercials make up all of the comedy in GTA (other than chat stations)?

Sorry if I sound a little harsh, but don't try and act like such a know it all by telling the people that put effort into this project ('side' or not) to just forget about it. I'm not sure what all those stars under your name mean, either, but I think you should try to respect ideas a little more.

PS: I'm the drummer in a rock band, Red West, and we have one song up on our myspace. So, if you need an extra song for a rock station just ask and I'll put 'Audacity' up for download for a short while.

PPS: I know how to get a very smooth, clean recording of voice using what there is (no vocal booth in my house, unfortunately) and would definitely help out with advertisements/DJing if anyone needs an extra voice! Note: Strong, plain british accent. Like a less girly Tony Blair.

I don't spank children, though.

PPPS: The song name 'Audacity' is in no way inspired by or a tribute to the audio program of the same name. Honest. Really. In fact, I think the singer wrote it about how clever he is in English class or something! I've never even used that program!

Mister Zero
  • Mister Zero

Z Test Subject

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:28 PM

Hey guys, I've been watching Myriad for a little while now (before I joined) and I'd really like to be a part of the radio development. I can participate by writing scripts for commercials and talk shows, as I have a dry and witty humour that's not unlike Chatterbox and WCTR. I can also get hold of a microphone in the next few weeks so I can contribute to voice acting also. If I am required to PM someone or talk to someone regarding my participation beforehand I'll gladly do so, but I'd love to get involved. smile.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

I think that there will be no Myriad Radio... what is the point of it? I have WMP11 in the background and keyboard with shortcuts

Mister Zero
  • Mister Zero

Z Test Subject

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

I supposed it adds the edge to the GTA experience, especially the DJ's and talk shows.

enzu
  • enzu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 July 2007 - 04:12 PM

With which tool I can collect mp3 music and then make it to mp3?
I cant make a radio from single files. The mp3 folder is used for diffrent songs.Can Somebody help? sad.gif

javiersorribes
  • javiersorribes

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 December 2008 - 02:54 PM

Music would be nice to have in a total conversion mod. I think that user-contributed creative commons tracks would be no problem for that. In my opinion, the important thing here is that you have a number of radio stations sorted by style. Once the styles had been chosen, finding CC tracks wouldn't be much difficult.

A 10-track radio station could be about 30mb or even less, depending of the compression (besides, they could be mono, which would make them smaller).

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 December 2008 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (enzu @ Jul 8 2007, 16:12)
With which tool I can collect mp3 music and then make it to mp3?
I cant make a radio from single files. The mp3 folder is used for diffrent songs.Can Somebody help?      sad.gif

you'll need a slice of pizza.

*just gona check the 1st post cause.. it would be like a massive download ouldn't it? *

EDIT: OHH THIS HAS BEEN INACTIVE FOR SEVERAL YEAR, GOOD JOB GUY WHO POSTED BEFOER ME.

Ayman1337
  • Ayman1337

Underground Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 May 2011 - 11:41 AM Edited by Ayman1337, 22 May 2011 - 11:49 AM.

QUOTE (Ekamentus @ Feb 8 2004, 16:26)
We need a radio station with music!
thats looks much realistic,
So, is this a good idea?

I'm working on a new station with AbMc². We hope that we have a preview over a few weeks!!

I have an idea for a radio station (I might work on it and do the voice acting):

Myriad FM:
Genre: Talk and Various Music
Note: The following is the structure (it will go into the "mp3" folder of Vice City and "User Tracks" folder in San Andreas)

Show 1: Dance, Pop and RnB
"The Island Part 1" by Pendulum
"Dragostea din Tei" by O Zone
"S&M" by Rihanna
"What is Love" by Haddaway
"Niton (The Reason)" by Eric Prydz

Commercial Break

Show 2*: Talk show hosted by Claude Speed
Guests Interviewed: Kent Paul and Maccer

Commercial Break

Show 3: Modern Rock and Gangsta Rap
"Arm in Arm" by the Boggs
"Killing in the Name of" by RATM
"Know you Enemy" by RATM
"Check yo Self" by Ice Cube
"Still Dre" by Dr Dre

Commercial Break

It will repeat like that. How is the idea?
*The talk show may not feature at first

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I grips Banana Clips with my Gorilla Palms

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Bump to say that I have been making radio stations for a while and I might do a few for myriad Island just cause I can... the music I use are uploaded through the creative commons license (which means that you can redistribute as long as you give credit to the original artists) and my previous radio stations were cleared by the mods of GTA Garage to be copyright free...

anyway meh

Ss4gogeta0
  • Ss4gogeta0

I grips Banana Clips with my Gorilla Palms

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:04 PM

107.1 The Playground - plays Pop Music

69.1 High Octane Radio - plays Rock Music

22.5 The Onsen - plays Relaxing Ambiance Music

Musica Urbana - plays Urban Hiphop and Latino Rap

99.7 The Village FM - plays Folk Music