» «
Photo

[Official] Audio

255 replies to this topic
AbMc²
  • AbMc²

AE_business GTA

• Members

Posted 16 November 2004 - 02:41 PM Edited by AbMc², 16 November 2004 - 02:44 PM.

Mugen  @AbMc²: Heh..sorry..  Im offering to make a radio station, but i don't think i'd search the net for crap rap when i don't need to...

There's a lot of crap, that's true! But there's a lot good sh*t! Take a few minute to listen 10 unknown and free of copyright songs and you'll see that there's good stuff within it!

ok, watch this:

To every musician

If you think that you, your band or someone else you know can make really good music!
Post here or PM the link of your (selfmade!) Mp3 to Mugen, because he's making a Radio Station for this game!

Sorry if I upset somebody with my big size of the font.. blush.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 16 November 2004 - 03:23 PM

Just outta intrest I wonder if there is anyone who hangs around the Music part of the forum here that would be willing to let us use it, depending on certain circumstances of course.

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

Hey guys, if your sick of the stupid music on the park phone mission then download this conversation that i recorded.Hopefully i'm given the go ahead to do voice acting.I tried to disguise my scottish accent with this wink.gif

Download

inhibitor
  • inhibitor

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2004 - 02:20 AM

QUOTE (caponester @ Nov 16 2004, 20:32)
Hey guys, if your sick of the stupid music on the park phone mission then download this conversation that i recorded.Hopefully i'm given the go ahead to do voice acting.I tried to disguise my scottish accent with this wink.gif

Download

If you've got a mic, you should help me out with some comercials to finish up my station smile.gif

Mugen
  • Mugen

Keys to the ROC..

• Members

Posted 17 November 2004 - 03:25 AM

QUOTE (AbMc² @ Nov 16 2004, 14:41)
Mugen  @AbMc²: Heh..sorry..  Im offering to make a radio station, but i don't think i'd search the net for crap rap when i don't need to...

There's a lot of crap, that's true! But there's a lot good sh*t! Take a few minute to listen 10 unknown and free of copyright songs and you'll see that there's good stuff within it!

ok, watch this:

To every musician

If you think that you, your band or someone else you know can make really good music!
Post here or PM the link of your (selfmade!) Mp3 to Mugen, because he's making a Radio Station for this game!

lol tell them only rap and R&B though...

caponester
  • caponester

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 November 2004 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (inhibitor @ Nov 17 2004, 02:20)
QUOTE (caponester @ Nov 16 2004, 20:32)
Hey guys, if your sick of the stupid music on the park phone mission then download this conversation that i recorded.Hopefully i'm given the go ahead to do voice acting.I tried to disguise my scottish accent with this  wink.gif

Download

If you've got a mic, you should help me out with some comercials to finish up my station smile.gif

of course i got a mike, thats how i recorded this smile.gif

Lord Molo
  • Lord Molo

GTA Drifter

• Members

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:26 PM

Helllloooo, Did nobody see my post? the reason I bumped up this topic was to ask for a place to host my tracks. does anyone know a site?
Anyone? Anyone?

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 08 December 2004 - 01:59 PM Edited by Y_Less, 08 December 2004 - 02:03 PM.

QUOTE (AbMc² @ Nov 16 2004, 14:41)

ok, watch this:

To every musician

lol tell them only rap and R&B though...

Others can do stuff, just not for your station so the post still stands.

Lord Molo: geocities, angelfire, GOOGLE!

I made a new topic about this (soz - I couldn't find it and I did state as much) but I know a few bands who I can get music off:

1) Neil Brocklebank - Excelent guitarist, similar to Joe Satrani or other guitarists but not as well known. He is professional (album and 2 singles ,just got back from a tour of England and going on tour in America next year), but I know the manager personally so can get anything. More info: home page/

2) Biz-A-Rhythmics - Corny I know but some random stuff a few mates did a few years ago. Were not quite sure how to clasify it, probably some sort of dance in the broadest sense, but if anyone wants to try, pm me. Its a bit odd but strangely addictive (I'm a mosher and still love it (although I am a bit biased smile.gif )). Theres about 5 albums of stuff so plenty to choose from (although I think I know what the best one would be, and my mate agreed vn before I said my choice. We did have a website but havn't updated it in about 3 years.

3) Imane Fate - This ones only a possibility, they're a band from my school but they're awesome. they had a big gig a few weeks ago and some people from respawn came and said they were the best band there and should be signed. I'm not as close to this band, but I do know some of them, but my brother is good friends with a couple of them. More info: respawn review 1, respawn review 2, the cactus - sort of homepage.

If you want to know owt (the neil brocklebank site has samples, edit: It might do, but I can't find them, biz-a-rhythmics I can post a sample somewhere and immane fate i'm not sure about), as I said, pm me.

blindreaper666
  • blindreaper666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 01:46 AM

Why not just make a station that plays music files from the user's computer like GTA3 and Vice City? Then if isn't the developer's fault if you decide to use illegal music and it wouldn't be some huge station to download that you may not even like. That would not technically be breaking any copyright laws unless Rockstar has patented the mp3 Station. I may be able to help with this if it will be used smile.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 02:30 AM

I've got some songs I made on my friends Mac, in Garage Band. So next time I can get them i'll host them.

loseruser
  • loseruser

Walking disease.

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 03:47 AM

Do unreleased songs count as piracy?

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 04:08 AM

Yes

Y_Less
  • Y_Less

• Members

Posted 09 December 2004 - 10:48 AM

Addendum to my last post:

Since posting I have been informed that immane Fate have split and therefore cannot do owt.

Also, I have uploaded some demo biz-a-rhythmics tracks:

Born to be President.

Psychotic Drummer - probably the best one we did (and the single).

Illusion.

Wanna Get Out Of Control.

Magnify My Globe.

dasmico
  • dasmico

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 December 2004 - 06:05 AM Edited by dasmico, 25 December 2004 - 06:10 AM.

i make fun techno and rap type songs and beats which i would galdly contribute. i have no mp3s to offer now, but when i am on my own computer again i will try to get some up for consideration.

and my opinion on the whole copyrighted music issue: it fits the spriit of the project if people contribute their own homemade music and the like to the project. if you want to hear commercial music, throw it in the mp3 folder.

one more idea: people should profuce talk-radio programs for a talk station. that would be highly entertaining and i would participate in that.

Antinark
  • Antinark

War is Peace.

• The Connection

Posted 25 December 2004 - 08:08 PM Edited by Antinark, 25 December 2004 - 08:14 PM.

qe

Decay
  • Decay

Blind Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 December 2004 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Antinark @ Dec 25 2004, 14:08)
qe

bored.gif

Y Less- Your music is kinda lame. confused.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:49 AM

bumped and pinned

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 February 2005 - 12:15 PM

Hmm, personally I dont see a reason for this to be pinned, I dont think it has much difference in comparison to the general ideas and myriad discussion tbh. Apart from this revolves around oen thing, we already have enough topics pinned without this imo. But if you feel it should be pinned then ok.

steve-m
  • steve-m

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:34 PM

I think we should unpin all topics, except for 'help & questions', and create a new 'directory' topic, containing well sorted links to important topics (i.e. those being pinned now). Each link consisting of topic title, subtitle, and a brief description.
What we have now is a mess, and quite useless, since there are way too many pinned topics.

[/offtopic]

Vercetti Gangsta
  • Vercetti Gangsta

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 01:50 PM Edited by Vercetti Gangsta, 09 June 2005 - 07:45 AM.

I think thats a good idea but, wasn't this discussed before?

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:19 PM

He means just kept in this one sub-forum.

Come to think of it your basically right, although we should un-pin everything as a start. Pin the Help Topic and also the CDC, which could maybe be kept locked to keep it as easy as possible to find download links, the vehicle downloads could be in the same thread then. Then the last pinned topic would be what you suggested like a directory of the most important links and a small description.

Yes we have gone way off topic now, but does this idea sound good? It would like Steve said make things much more tidy and easy to navigate through. smile.gif

Snow Racer
  • Snow Racer

Member Title

• Feroci Racing
  • Norway

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:23 PM

I am 100% agree with ST.FU ST.MU
but let this will be pinned for a while or meh unpinn

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 February 2005 - 03:37 PM

I'll sort out the new topic thingy later on then, should'nt take long. If all else fails, the topics will still exist to pin.

@ SR, its ok between us we can keep bumping this topic if necessary. wink.gif

Ekamentus
  • Ekamentus

Myriad Modeller

• Members

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:26 PM Edited by Ekamentus, 23 February 2005 - 04:28 PM.

Yes, it's not necessary to pin this topic.

If someone have music without copywrights post it here!

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 February 2005 - 11:56 PM

ChibiMAK still needs some commercials... or just anyone with a mic

whatsthat.gif

homer_simpson
  • homer_simpson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:39 AM

So you mean we cant use songs without the authors permission well that sux but i can make up some really sweet stuff in garageband ill keep u updated

Lord Molo
  • Lord Molo

GTA Drifter

• Members

Posted 16 March 2005 - 06:34 PM

I Just want to remind everybody that gta forums has permission to use music from www.joestump.com. The song that Is ready for the administrator to download is called "No Forgiving" and is available in the download section of the site. I hope someone will at least acknowledge this post.

anybody?

Twistie
  • Twistie

Web Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:29 AM

I'm friends with a local rock band I'll see if I can convince them to let u use a song or two of theres if you want.

inkspot
  • inkspot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 June 2005 - 11:15 AM Edited by inkspot, 09 June 2005 - 11:25 AM.

Usually the music what is purchased is purchased only to you and not for public.

I suggest you to use freeware music. There are tons of sites with tons of good artiasts. I find free music better than some crapy comercial music.

Sites where you can get music:

http://www.scene.org/
http://www.scene.org.....oups/sublogic
http://noerror.scene.org/
http://www.bedroombr...?page=allalbums
http://www.obscure.ch/
http://www.realaudio.ch/index1.html
http://www.textone.org/
http://www.thinner.cc/
http://www.wmrecordi...om/releases.htm
http://www.dmusic.com/

there are tons of other sites more but these alone here should give enough different styles. Some are weird also, but if you mix them, then you may get really good shows.

As for the old stuff (every week new albums):

http://www.basichip.com/
http://www.weirdomus...m/downloads.htm
http://www.vinylorph...talentshow.html

Don't know how legal the last pages are, but should be.

Just ask the permission of artists or if not, who cares smile.gif

I also suggest you to visit different m3u radio stations and stuff, maybe they give you old mixes and shows or even make you some.

Like my favorite radio is http://www.kohviradio.com/ with its estonian soft electronics mostly, but there are other radios... I suggest you also peep into shared folder: http://www.kohviradio.com/shared/

As for radios, it is kind of boring to have only music. If someone gives me vocals, I can do the mixing by myself. I have some mixes, but since i don't have proper host, you can only get them via soulseek or something. My username is inkspot. Its like 66,6MB or so (192kbps) but I can reduce the quality even a bit lower than usual radio standard (as it is for the game from crapy radio) and you can convert it.

There are even places where you can get old commercials, hehe, I have some also. But the best way to get a good commercial, is to record one by own. Now we need someone with good voice, the crappy mic can be filtered if needed (if it is not SO crapy).

And besides, I have some friends who make really proffessional music. One is in commercial and the other (the best music ever) is in the army right now. The person in the army can make whatever style you give him smile.gif
You may also drop in some places where music makers gather. Like other gaming forums, music forums, IRC, soulseek rooms and DC++ hubs (best).

Or still, you can always make the anarchisic "f*ck RIAA" radio station, hehe biggrin.gif

PsychoFreak
  • PsychoFreak

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 June 2005 - 11:19 AM

What about cover songs? I gotta guitar and could do some covers like...

Behind Blue Eyes,
Smile like you mean it,
Good Riddance,
Wake Me Up...

etc

Illegal or not?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users