Photo

[Official] Audio

255 replies to this topic
ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2004 - 03:48 AM

I just uploaded the radio station I was talking about while banned... it's 27 minutes long, I know all of the artists personally, and lazlo hosts it B)

it's only an mp3 file rared, so you'll need that program to convert it... I donno, maybe this could go in the installer along with like a crack or something so you can actually listen to it blush.gif

http://www.r07.net/~chibimak/VROCK.rar

Augh
  • Augh

Unspoiled by progress

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:17 AM

Opius, If you need someone to mix the tunes together, and create an unbroken audio montage, I'd be more than happy to take a shot at it (digital music student here), of course you might want to hoarde that fun for yourself wink.gif

If you can find a free version (believe there is one), or whatever's clever, you can get very nice results easily from an audio montage program called Wavelab, I believe it's by Steinberg, and this is exactly what it's designed for.

Was just browsing the Myriad and thought I might be able to contribute in a small way wink.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:36 AM

I think we should have radio stations, we can atleast try them if it doesnt work out then irs no prob, we can just get rid of the idea, having them would create a true Totacl Conversion though.

@ Chibi, its easy to convert them if anyone gets stuck ill write a litle guide for it. smile.gif Well its easier depending on how you did it.

JasonB
  • JasonB

GTA-SA/GTA-VC/GTA3 Modder Extraordinaire

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:41 AM

I think radio stations are a great idea, it would give the feeling of a totally diiferent city. Although the radio stations wouldnt be as long as the vice ones I think they could turn out really well.

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 08:49 AM

QUOTE (Augh @ Jul 11 2004, 14:17)
Opius, If you need someone to mix the tunes together, and create an unbroken audio montage, I'd be more than happy to take a shot at it (digital music student here), of course you might want to hoarde that fun for yourself wink.gif

Go for it. Like I said, I have no musical talent what-so-ever, and you could benefit from by being able to do it as extra credit.

Plus I don't exactly have a good DJ voice. I sound like a chain-smoking gay phone sex operator (apparently).

That is all.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:01 AM

This might be a little off the subject but myraid could have its own menu and "Mission Completed" sounds

Opius
  • Opius

General

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:16 AM

Sadistic Machine and Snow Racer have made a new interface for Myriad, complete with menus, but the new mission sounds hasn't been brought up before.

So guys, what do you think? Any sound related discussion can go here.

That is all.

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 11 July 2004 - 09:32 AM

I am goona go away and mess around with my music making programs and see if I can invent a new mission completed sound...........

It dont matter if it's not used I just like sounds rah.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:24 AM Edited by GT-1, 11 July 2004 - 11:50 AM.

Anyone else tried Chibi's radio yet, I downloaded it and its not my taste of music but thats me, im just gonna convert it to Myriad now other opinions will be welcome for sure. I only read the top part but I noticed Lazlow was in like you said, I should have read the whol post I guess.

Btw, Opius shouldnt it be audio discussion rather than sound discussion? Sounds more professional.
I tried it all you have to do is download the ADF converter from here. MP3 -----> ADF Converter.Then replace it in the audio folder, I noticed its in game but its not very loud at all compared to the other station, I dont if this is due to the quality or something else. Have a go its easy to get in game. smile.gif

DanSwain
  • DanSwain

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:25 PM

I've just noticed this topic, hopefully I can be of some help, if only to suggest a few ideas.

My website: http://www.swains.plus.com/dan/

A collective of musicians I'm connected with - http://www.infinitesector.org - they make non-profit electronic music (in the main) for various projects, of the ones I've heard about, things for television and radio. I'm sure that if someone was to approach them they'd definitely consider providing some music for the Myriad radio stations!

What kind of styles of music would people like to see? The music in Vice City is quite varied, going from the really electronic Wildstyle station, to V-Rock's band-based music, and everything in between.

There's also http://samplecity.net - some people on that forum may be able to assist with writing music for the stations as well.

The chat show idea definitely sounds good, humour along the lines of Maurice Chavez's show I imagine definitely wouldn't go amiss! Would there be people interested in doing voice-overs?

Dan

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:27 PM Edited by sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe, 11 July 2004 - 02:36 PM.

I could do a conservative talk program a la Rush Limbaugh.

EDIT: @Dan - You have musical tastes that are very different from most of the people making radio stations here, and I think its important that you make a radio station, with songs like the stuff on your site, for balancing purposes.

iRloading
  • iRloading

Kool Kid Krew

• Zaibatsu

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:35 PM

here's an idea:
make a poll on which music genre people would like to hear first on myriad radio...

then start working on a playlist and if possible, a dj who makes quips/comments like lazzlo or fernando...

and if it works good, start working on the second music genre people would most want to hear...

since im pretty sure not everyone is a big fan of dance/house/techno, at least through a poll, majority would be happy...

tho' anyone think it's possible to get copyrighted music??? if not, you guys can use myriad as a promotion for some indie bands/ indie music with potential laying about...

most of the music from gta3 was unheard of (except for flash)

for a somewhat good site for potential music, try www.soundclick.com

try to listen to their music, ask them if theyre willing to chip in, and bingo... wink.gif

_RicH_
  • _RicH_

its fun, we get to play with knifes

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:39 PM

im sure there would be some new bands around that wouldnt mind free 'air time' on myriad.

a chat show would be nice, but like mentioned we need myriad mostly complete before you can have people talking about it...

AbMc²
  • AbMc²

AE_business GTA

• Members

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:03 PM Edited by AbMc², 11 July 2004 - 04:26 PM.

I made in the past a preview for MIRS (Myriad Islands Radio Station). With music from (for me an unknown) band: The Its. (Thanks for this suggestion Weirdfish) They sounded totally not bad! So why not?

For people for who are thinking now: Why isn't it finished...? Problems with my microphone. And I don't know any (unknown) bands who gives permission to use their music for free.

So if you got/know a band who gives permission to use your/their music for free, thanks!

music.gif

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:15 PM

so did anyone else listen to my radio station? think it's useable? although it doesn't really have a set genre.. I'd listen to it blush.gif

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci Racing

Posted 11 July 2004 - 04:18 PM

I prolly been one of only a few that are on 56k downloaded it. I left a few comments on the last page about it. smile.gif

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:31 AM

If we are going to do radio stations these IMO are what they should be:
1)Rock/Metal
2)Rap/Hip-hop
3)Pop
4)Call-in show such as Chatterbox
5)Techno
6)News maybe
7)Country or classical or something
or something like that, that way most people will be happy, and if they arent tehre is always MP3 Player

Nosaj
  • Nosaj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:42 AM

Hey guys, I'm a musician. I'm willing to help out / contribute if you need it. I'm pretty sure that most indie musicians would let you use their songs as long as it's not for profit. I record/produce all my own material so if you need help with any of it, I can do it.

bradlavigne
  • bradlavigne

Windsor REPRESENT!!!!!!!@!!2

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:57 AM

I have an idea.

For the radio commercials you can compile a list of all of the buisnesses in Myriad islands with a link to the creator that people can record commercials for. First a person would check if the buisness commercial has not been taken, then they would contact the maker of the buisness and ask what kind of buisness it is for refference, then they would write a script for a 10-30 second commercial and then they would post it in the Commercials topic and if it is "approved" it could be added to one of the stations that consist of 3 things, the host talking, commercials, and any indie music that we can get for the genre of that station.

rah.gif

Nosaj
  • Nosaj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:12 AM

Is there a limit to how many stations can be made, or is it just up to any individual to decide which stations they want to download?

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 06:30 AM

We can only have as many as there were in Vice

Nosaj
  • Nosaj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 12 2004, 06:30)

oh, ok

sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe
  • sAdIsTiCmAcHiNe

Ronald Reagan

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 03:05 PM

@Chibi - Nice job with the music, but I think we need to use our own dj-ing and commercials. The re-hashed vice content isn't very exciting, and questionably legal.

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

meh, I don't have a mic sad.gif

but I would assume that if we can recycle one thing from vice we can recycle it all, and I made sure to edit out any references to miami the 80's and the station name colgate.gif

but if anyone wants to make commericals or be a host, I'm sure I could edit it in

Xploder
  • Xploder

Arden City Map Modeller

• Members

Posted 12 July 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (JasonB @ Jul 12 2004, 06:30)

You could fit one in the MP3 player but then it won't function as an MP3, kinda like GTAgaming Radio, they ask you to put it in the MP3 folder but if you have others in their its like an intergrated raido station mp3 player

You gettin me confused.gif confused.gif dontgetit.gif dontgetit.gif turn.gif

ok ok, slap an Insane label on me suicidal.gif

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 12 July 2004 - 05:32 PM

Woah, Chibi you tha Man, That station rocks, fits the myriad punk thingy, great station btw, atleast theres some music in mi that I can listen to now.

But have you considered adding commercials/tracks from gta3?

JasonB
  • JasonB

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (ChibiMAK @ Jul 13 2004, 02:10)
meh, I don't have a mic sad.gif

mics cost about $10 AUD. Id try to make a radio station but im down right hopeless at anything musical, I could try my hand at making a script for a commercial

ChibiMAK
  • ChibiMAK

Love Media

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 July 2004 - 02:37 AM

meh, a cheap mic wouldn't sound so great, plus I wouldn't be able to do all the voices myself and such... maybe if we renamed the F-1500 Thunder to the Maibatsu Thunder, then boom, my station already has a myriad reference tounge.gif

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Whos to say its can't still be the F-1500 Thunder, made by Maibatsu...after all...in fact no cause the Maibatsu Thunder is a big mofo 4x4 job that seats a gazillion people lol.

JoaoBio
  • JoaoBio

Ubuntu Linux!

• Members

Posted 13 July 2004 - 11:27 AM

I know how to play a lots of music styles, colgate.gif and well I know how to play guitar, portuguese guitar (lol, I am portuguese), I am still a bad dj, but i'm learning, I know how to play other stuff but for this topic they would be useful.
And If you want any help in this stuff, I think I can. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users