The basic goal here is to give the user options whereever available.
The following is a list of pretty much what the process may look like when finalized. As usual, feel free to throw your ideas into the mix, guys.
- Check for fresh VC install. Give option to either modify existing install or create a new one.
- Copy needed/Delete unneeded files and folders
- Extract GTA:LC core files
- Chose the Main Menu background
- Create Programs Menu entries and Desktop Icon (Optional, ofcourse. Would make this whole thing look that much more professional, IMO. Might be a legal issue, though, come to think of it)
Seeing as the basis of this mod assumes that users posess a copy of both GTA3 and VC, the download size could be further reduced by copying any carryover files from a person's GTA3 install or Play CD (This would be most beneficial where audio files are concerned). Doing this should also help asuage Rockstar's concerns about people who don't already have a copy of GTA3 enjoying Liberty City for free, and may get them to be more lenient towards us including a modified EXE or setting the installer target to the "Rockstar Games" folder.